FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Honest or unnecessarily shady?

Honest or unnecessarily shady?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman  over a year ago

evesham

So. Was at a friend's wedding yesterday and was feeling rather fabulous.

I was wearing a lovely mustard coloured dress which was a thicker material but still breathable etc.

Was saying my goodbyes to people after a long day and an evening of dancing like an absolute twat

I'm not generally a hugger but was hugging a few people. As I hugged one guy he callwd me back and did that shouty whispery thing you do in loud places and said....

'don't wear velour when it's hot'

Now....dahling....if you're going to advise on fabric choices, know your damn fabric. It was not velour!

Also.... Was he being a cheeky wotsit? Should I have smacked him in the face?!

I didn't cos I'm a nice person but I feel it was unnecessary shade!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

"So. Was at a friend's wedding yesterday and was feeling rather fabulous.

I was wearing a lovely mustard coloured dress which was a thicker material but still breathable etc.

Was saying my goodbyes to people after a long day and an evening of dancing like an absolute twat

I'm not generally a hugger but was hugging a few people. As I hugged one guy he callwd me back and did that shouty whispery thing you do in loud places and said....

Now....dahling....if you're going to advise on fabric choices, know your damn fabric. It was not velour!

I didn't cos I'm a nice person but I feel it was unnecessary shade! "

Just plain rude

By *EAT..85Woman  over a year ago

Nottingham

Not at all necessary.

It sounds like you had fun, some people are just jello-bitches!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Ignore him, I tend to run out of fucks to give for judging area holes like that

Plus I don’t know what velour is lol

People like that need to be called out. I find ‘oh, did you mean to be so rude?’ works quite well.

I hate it when people make sly wee digs like that unnecessarily.

By *xiled BikerMan  over a year ago

Beverley

Oh definitely rude, what does he gain by saying it, some say speaking your mind, but I think its just plain rude and unnecessary!

You don't know him so dont flinch about what he thinks be happy enjoy your life and your choices, worry about people who's opinion you respect and the rest don't matter.

xxx

If a friend said it maybe ok.

Sounds like he was a twat. Possibly too much WKD.

By *ikAshCouple  over a year ago

London

Definitely rude… what a twat!

By *erticalMan  over a year ago

friday street

The power of body language, and a certain smile would drive home your classy stance much harder. Enjoy the week end

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

Certainly very weird.

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

Sorry if I’m being dumb but what did he mean?

He’s a twat

By *irminghamlady08Woman  over a year ago

Somewhere over the Rainbow

I'd have smacked him

If his advice were sincere and an honest one, he should have had the good manners to find another way of telling you.

I think his sincerity matched his manners on this occasion.

evesham

"Sorry if I’m being dumb but what did he mean? "

Well..... I'm assuming he felt I was a bit moist from the heat of the venue and the material he thought I was wearing was not the best choice.

"Ignore him, I tend to run out of fucks to give for judging area holes like that

Plus I don’t know what velour is lol"

Velour is the difference between the interior of a GL or Ghia 1979 Ford Granada

I was wondering the same. Gonna guess she was a bit sweaty

evesham

"Sorry if I’m being dumb but what did he mean?

I was wondering the same. Gonna guess she was a bit sweaty "

As mentioned.... I was dancing like a twat all night

Should have asked him if his boxers were either velour or polyester because he needs to "air his tackle, if your nose serves you correct ..."

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Unless he’s like me and has a habit of saying things with no filter and can’t help it.

Then that wasn’t on at all. Sounds like a very snarky thing to say.

evesham

"Unless he’s like me and has a habit of saying things with no filter and can’t help it.

Then that wasn’t on at all. Sounds like a very snarky thing to say. "

Why is it OK if you have a habit of saying things with no filter?

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Show us the dress

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

"Unless he’s like me and has a habit of saying things with no filter and can’t help it.

Then that wasn’t on at all. Sounds like a very snarky thing to say.

Why is it OK if you have a habit of saying things with no filter? "

Because I can’t help it due to my condition. It may not be ok per se but it’s not intentional.

STOKE ON TRENT

Velour is good when it's cold

Was this guy a fashion designer

By *immyinreadingMan  over a year ago

henley on thames

"Certainly very weird. "

That’s my take on it too.

Rude? Yes

Inappropriate? Yes

... but above all, why the hell would you say that to someone? What purpose could it possibly serve? Just really odd.

I was wondering the same. Gonna guess she was a bit sweaty

As mentioned.... I was dancing like a twat all night "

I get that way myself these days after a bit of exertion, Not sure why or if it's hormonal but I find i definately smell more than I used to when sweating. I've been pretty conscious of my own aroma on more than one occasion lately. Like I've ripened with age!

We're humans, we sweat, whatcha gonna do

By *immyinreadingMan  over a year ago

henley on thames

Really odd thing for a bloke to say that a woman. I have known some rude tossers in my time, but still can’t imagine any of them saying this, it’s just outside the normal bandwidth of the usual d*unk tosser. Blokes tend to be more directly offensive rather than making a bitchy comment about wardrobe choice.

My best theory is that he heard someone else make the comment (his partner or another guest, for example) and d*unkenly repeated it. Not absolving him in any way, just trying to imagine why a bloke would say this.

Well..... I'm assuming he felt I was a bit moist from the heat of the venue and the material he thought I was wearing was not the best choice. "

Aww bless him.

He's never touched a sweaty body in his life and that was the nearest he was going to get to it

Bet you looked fab, glad you enjoyed yourself!

I’m ashamed and indeed horrified that you didn’t cunt slap him for being a rude person and for fucks sake it wasn’t even Velor.!!!

T

OP, it takes a special kind of person to say that. You either know him well, very well where he felt confident in saying that or he is just one of those people that say stuff as they see it.

Either way, will you be wearing that dress, dress of same material to a place where you will again spend a long time danicing like a ... Personally, I think you've noted and agreed with the mans comments and won't.

evesham

"OP, it takes a special kind of person to say that. You either know him well, very well where he felt confident in saying that or he is just one of those people that say stuff as they see it.

Either way, will you be wearing that dress, dress of same material to a place where you will again spend a long time danicing like a ... Personally, I think you've noted and agreed with the mans comments and won't."

You're wrong. I'm taking it in a Caribbean cruise cos I looked fucking awesome in it lol

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

"OP, it takes a special kind of person to say that. You either know him well, very well where he felt confident in saying that or he is just one of those people that say stuff as they see it.

Either way, will you be wearing that dress, dress of same material to a place where you will again spend a long time danicing like a ... Personally, I think you've noted and agreed with the mans comments and won't.

You're wrong. I'm taking it in a Caribbean cruise cos I looked fucking awesome in it lol "

Bloody good on you!

Yes he was completely inappropriate and although I wouldn't have smacked him in the face I would certainly have told him where he could shove his unwanted opinion, wrapped in a massive velour bow.

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

"I'm not generally a hugger but was hugging a few people. As I hugged one guy he callwd me back and did that shouty whispery thing you do in loud places and said....

'don't wear velour when it's hot"

I think you would have looked amazing and this is my starting point for running this scenario through my head.

The best outcome I could imagine your d*unken hugger to have expected is... You say what should I wear then? He whispers, while he still has you in the hug, nothing.

Happy ending in his head

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I don't really see how it's got to do with him what you wore, I'm sure you looked absolutely fantastic.

I don't even know what his intention is by such a remark.

He might be turning over in his head thinking "why did I even say that"

Did the dress colour match his teeth

You're wrong. I'm taking it in a Caribbean cruise cos I looked fucking awesome in it lol "

Love this response! He was rude as fuck.

*also want to see the dress now

evesham

The dress is up..... Also very happy as it is 3 dress sizes smaller than the one I wore at new years last year

STOKE ON TRENT

"The dress is up..... Also very happy as it is 3 dress sizes smaller than the one I wore at new years last year "

Its amazing

You look beautiful xx

By *jorkishMan  over a year ago

Seaforth

Nice dress irrespective of what it's made of. Ignore the rude f****r

By *ildmanYorksMan  over a year ago

Doncaster & Bembridge

Well..... I'm assuming he felt I was a bit moist from the heat of the venue and the material he thought I was wearing was not the best choice. "

You think he felt that you were moist? Where did he have his hand??

By *ikAshCouple  over a year ago

London

"The dress is up..... Also very happy as it is 3 dress sizes smaller than the one I wore at new years last year "

Beautiful dress and you look great !!! x

By *aui.Man  over a year ago

around here

I don’t mind a bit of honesty but it depends how you go about it. Maybe he thought he was being funny or even flirty. I assume he wasn’t being intentionally rude.

A guy came over and whispered into my ear at a wedding about a month ago. I didn’t know him and had never spoken to him before. His words were ‘you look like a fat version of Jason Momoa’. I wasn’t sure if I should be offended or flattered.

You look absolutely beautiful in that dress. It's such a gorgeous colour. That guy was a total moron

evesham

Ummmmmm..... You guys..... I need to apologise to you all and to him (even though I didn't say anything to him but feel I've dragged via character on here ).

Just had it reminded to me that it was possibly related to the fact that I wore a velour lounge suit the day after the sten do in Liverpool to travel home in and it was ridiculously hot..... So hot I needed to go to primark to get a change of clothes

Still and odd, out of context remark but nothing to do with what I was wearing last night or how much I'd perspired!

Good job I didn't make a scene as I was leaving

I hope humble pie is calorie free

By *aui.Man  over a year ago

around here

"Ummmmmm..... You guys..... I need to apologise to you all and to him (even though I didn't say anything to him but feel I've dragged via character on here ).

Just had it reminded to me that it was possibly related to the fact that I wore a velour lounge suit the day after the sten do in Liverpool to travel home in and it was ridiculously hot..... So hot I needed to go to primark to get a change of clothes

Still and odd, out of context remark but nothing to do with what I was wearing last night or how much I'd perspired!

I hope humble pie is calorie free "

Thank god you said something, I was literally hunting him down. Another couple of minutes and he would have been smoked!

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

You deaf biddy. He said , 'Lovin' the velour! It's HOT!

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

"Ummmmmm..... You guys..... I need to apologise to you all and to him (even though I didn't say anything to him but feel I've dragged via character on here ).

Love it, that's exactly the sort of thing I'd do (though I would've told him to shove his opinion and then would've had to apologise profusely).

Glad he wasn't dragging your gorgeous dress!

By *ed VoluptaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral.

Oh thank god for that!

I was getting all offended on your behalf!

Gorgeous dress, by the way x

(Also, I sweat like a bugger when I dance, too!) X

Looks great Evie x

» Add a new message to this topic