FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Confidence killer

Confidence killer

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So I like to get involved in the forums and the themes that get posted but what’s frustrating and potentially upsetting is a situation that happened today from the “fab a fella” thread, I like to get involved so I opt in, I receive 1 fab (which I appreciate!) however I did get visits from folk who were in the thread but no fabs from them, seems

I’m not worthy, does nothing for my confidence and I try and be sociable and open minded with everyone

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ob08Man  over a year ago

Macclesfield

Prepare yourself for the barrage fella.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The forums is a great place to get to know lots of people and make friends with

That’s what I’ve been trying but I still don’t get anywhere, am I over confident in my appearance? Am I too forward or not forward enough. Actual minefield

Macclesfield

"That’s what I’ve been trying but I still don’t get anywhere, am I over confident in my appearance? Am I too forward or not forward enough. Actual minefield "

Just be yourself, don't try and anticipate what other people want and try and change for their benefit

"That’s what I’ve been trying but I still don’t get anywhere, am I over confident in my appearance? Am I too forward or not forward enough. Actual minefield

Just be yourself, don't try and anticipate what other people want and try and change for their benefit"

I am being myself, I’m posting on a thread where it’s encouraged to help others and like them but people stop by my profile and do nothing, messages deleted without response

Macclesfield

"That’s what I’ve been trying but I still don’t get anywhere, am I over confident in my appearance? Am I too forward or not forward enough. Actual minefield

Just be yourself, don't try and anticipate what other people want and try and change for their benefit

I am being myself, I’m posting on a thread where it’s encouraged to help others and like them but people stop by my profile and do nothing, messages deleted without response "

Alot of people on here are not nice lol don't beat yourself up about it.

Just to be clear I’m not looking for sympathy fabs etc… it’s just an awakening that it takes nothing to do something that could out a smile on someone’s face but instead your profile is judged and deemed not worthy of a simple click. For an open minded website it’s not very open minded

Why is it you need fabs? OP

I get plenty of messages saying that people like my pics but they don’t fab them either. Not a problem to me as I upload pics for my own pleasure Ana that of my partner, not for validation from others

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

So you just want people to Fab photos just for the sake of it? Surely that would make the whole fab system meaningless.

If you are relying solely on this website to be active in the scene then you may find you'll struggle. Why not get out there physically into the social scene and meet other people.

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

Just realise those kinda threads are popularity contests, nothing more. If you have a banging body you might get a few favs, but ultimately it’s the same niche group on here that all make those threads and stroke eachothers egos

Don’t place your confidence or self worth on an Internet forum for wannabe swingers

Your pics are great I especially like the one where you are playing the guitar don't take it personally you look great

"Just realise those kinda threads are popularity contests, nothing more. If you have a banging body you might get a few favs, but ultimately it’s the same niche group on here that all make those threads and stroke eachothers egos

Don’t place your confidence or self worth on an Internet forum for wannabe swingers "

That’s not true at all.

If I join the fabbing thread I try and go through everyone and fab some of their pics (unless it’s all dicks)

"Just realise those kinda threads are popularity contests, nothing more. If you have a banging body you might get a few favs, but ultimately it’s the same niche group on here that all make those threads and stroke eachothers egos

Don’t place your confidence or self worth on an Internet forum for wannabe swingers "

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

You can't and will never please everybody on here.

Just be yourself and hopefully those who like you will make themselves know and you can concentrate on them.

If you think about it too much it will destroy your confidence. Fab can be a brilliant place but it is also a brutal place.

w

Don’t place your confidence or self worth on an Internet forum for wannabe swingers

That’s not true at all.

If I join the fabbing thread I try and go through everyone and fab some of their pics (unless it’s all dicks)"

Well at least you made this about you

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I can see how that might dent your confidence a little but try to remember that not every body is for everybody.

I do realise that people want to feel attractive but you can’t appeal to everyone and the point of the ‘game’ isn’t to receive faux fabs.

Part of the trick of the forums is engaging on the threads that work for you, if it doesn’t work then don’t engage

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

That’s not true at all.

If I join the fabbing thread I try and go through everyone and fab some of their pics (unless it’s all dicks)

Well at least you made this about you "

As opposed to all those times that you selflessly derailed the threads on female safety with your personal experiences and opinions

w

That’s not true at all.

As opposed to all those times that you selflessly derailed the threads on female safety with your personal experiences and opinions "

And another. Poor lads had his confidence shattered and you can’t help but bash others. Good job guys

I fabbed and messaged you without the prompt of a thread. I think those threads are intended more as a bit of lighthearted titillation and not a way to make actual connections (I don't really know as I don't take part) but I wouldn't read too much into it.

"So I like to get involved in the forums and the themes that get posted but what’s frustrating and potentially upsetting is a situation that happened today from the “fab a fella” thread, I like to get involved so I opt in, I receive 1 fab (which I appreciate!) however I did get visits from folk who were in the thread but no fabs from them, seems

I’m not worthy, does nothing for my confidence and I try and be sociable and open minded with everyone "

Couple of things....

There is absolutely nothing wrong with your body. That does not however mean that everyone will want to pump you or Fab your pics.

Whilst Fab can be handy for a wee confidence boost (if the right person Fabs a pic) if you're looking to external sources to feel good about yourself you're setting yourself up for to fail.

Lastly, and this may come across as harsh, but comments like "I'm not worthy" scream "pity me" and are an absolute turn off for most women. I'm not going to fuck someone to make them feel better about themselves.

Chin up Mr

X

"I like to get involved so I opt in, I receive 1 fab (which I appreciate!)"

There can be only one fab

w

"Your pics are great I especially like the one where you are playing the guitar don't take it personally you look great "

This too. You’ve actually got good pics, not just dick pics like most. Interesting pics with the guitar, decent body if I say so myself, manly chest rug

Your alright lad

"So I like to get involved in the forums and the themes that get posted but what’s frustrating and potentially upsetting is a situation that happened today from the “fab a fella” thread, I like to get involved so I opt in, I receive 1 fab (which I appreciate!) however I did get visits from folk who were in the thread but no fabs from them, seems

I’m not worthy, does nothing for my confidence and I try and be sociable and open minded with everyone

Couple of things....

There is absolutely nothing wrong with your body. That does not however mean that everyone will want to pump you or Fab your pics.

Whilst Fab can be handy for a wee confidence boost (if the right person Fabs a pic) if you're looking to external sources to feel good about yourself you're setting yourself up for to fail.

Lastly, and this may come across as harsh, but comments like "I'm not worthy" scream "pity me" and are an absolute turn off for most women. I'm not going to fuck someone to make them feel better about themselves.

Chin up Mr

X"

Even gave you a cheeky wee Fab

OP, ive had a little fab on your photos, not because of this thread, but because i wanted to!

"That’s what I’ve been trying but I still don’t get anywhere, am I over confident in my appearance? Am I too forward or not forward enough. Actual minefield "

Some men assume that if they get a Fab it means the person wants to fuck them or chat.

You have very nice arms and good pics.

Some may see them as popularity contests, others may see them as fabbing a pic as a way in trying to start a conversation. Others such as myself will fab a pic as I appreciate it.

Everyone is different.

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

If it’s any consolation I’d didn’t get a single Fab. Don’t beat yourself up.

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

Nature of the beast really.

The "look at me" popularity threads are best not taken seriously. Drop your name in, do your contribution to those you like and then be on your way and forget about them. Plenty of times I've had a few interest from them and plenty of times not a single thing.

A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of sheep.

You need to be realistic, do you give false hope to those that you don't like, or do not appeal to you? Do you fab pics and people you are not attracted to yourself?

It is a hard lesson but we won't appeal to everyone, sometimes we appeal to nobody and others we may have interest from two!

Time to take the training wheels off and it is an initial hit to the ego and knocks the confidence. You are not the first, won't be the last, and even the "gods among men" will have at times had no interest sent their way.

Hell even I have had friends not throw fabs my way during these threads.

That’s not true at all.

As opposed to all those times that you selflessly derailed the threads on female safety with your personal experiences and opinions

And another. Poor lads had his confidence shattered and you can’t help but bash others. Good job guys "

You started the bashing and Hippy was not making it about her. I came on to say the same thing. I try to fab as many men as possible on those threads because the disparity between the sexes is bonkers on here and men post some great pics.

I’m not worthy, does nothing for my confidence and I try and be sociable and open minded with everyone "

I'm pretty sure I've fabbed you on those threads before, I didn't make it all the way through yesterday! IMO those guys who add new photos regularly do better because we all like something new to see - worth a thought?

Your photos are nice, I’ve dropped you a little fab

I personally stay away from the threads that are a popularity contest now (I find them cliquey), anything that starts with “which forumite….” is avoided. Don’t let it get you down, do your thing and try not to let it get you down

By *nimaginativeUsernameMan  over a year ago

Rochester, Kent

It’s also a sad reality that several more people will have looked in ‘stealth’ mode (sorry)

I wouldn’t lose sleep over it, OP, concentrate on the Fab(s) which you get

Hi Folks thanks for all responding, and thank you to those who have since fab'd pictures. I've taken on board a lot of points people have made.

By *ikAshCouple  over a year ago

London

Hey Mike,

I was going to add, you have a good profile, just try not to take it personally.

Ash x

"Hey Mike,

I was going to add, you have a good profile, just try not to take it personally.

Ash x "

Thanks Ash, my confidence is generally low and I’d hoped by joining the site I could maybe improve it. Having a bottle of wine and thinking about these things doesn’t help. X

Don't dwell on it. I do much better on fabguys than here.Fabs are fun but don't really mean anything.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Almost every message I receive makes some comment about my pics but the vast majority of those people have never fabbed any of them.

I've joined plenty of fab a fella or fab a fabber threads and have yet to get a single fab through any of them.

The last one I took part in I deliberately winked and fabbed every woman and couple on the thread and got absolutely nothing back. That was done to prove a point and I didn't expect anything in return.

It's the nature of the site and just because someone says they are in on a particular thread doesn't mean they will actually contribute so don't take it personally.

By *aiseiMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

It’s an absolute roulette wheel, fella.

I’ve gone in on such threads and got nothing one week but multiple Fabs the next week, with the same set of pics.

I know it can be hard not to take things to heart in a place where we’re all being more open than probably anywhere else, but your worth isn’t defined by idle thumb taps.

By *ikAshCouple  over a year ago

London

"Hey Mike,

Ash x

Thanks Ash, my confidence is generally low and I’d hoped by joining the site I could maybe improve it. Having a bottle of wine and thinking about these things doesn’t help. X "

Tbh, Mike I seriously think it’s tough on here for single guys. Not sure it’s the best place to improve your confidence. Definitely go along to socials, and just be yourself. Big hug xx

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

This x

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

This. I don’t do those threads. I’ve never done them. Fabs mean nowt to me. I’ll sometimes fab a pic if I like it and if I remember to. If someone fabs mine it’s hopefully because they genuinely like it not because I’ve joined a thread. If some get a confidence boost from it though then it can only be a good thing. Never really been for me though x

This ^

I've been on and off this site for around/over 15 years and never met anyone through the forums, they're not a sure fire way of getting a meet, but great to converse with the like minded.

I tend to stay away from those kind of games, I don't tend to fab anyway.

If you feel it's a confidence killer, maybe avoid those games too.

Validation is only temporary anyway, build the confidence within yourself and nothing should knock you.

I don't think the fabs build the confidence tbh because I get them as I have boobs and it's not that which builds confidence. I find taking the photos and feeling good about myself is what has helped. The fabs from others are a bonus. Have you seen how many the top women's pics get compared to top men? It's insanity.

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan  over a year ago

London/Essex... ish... Romford to be exact

[Removed by poster at 22/10/21 11:03:07]

I like the cut of this man's jib

You go out to a disco with 2000 people unless your Ricky Martin you're not getting tons of Posseh an Views.

Come on here you expect loads of action and it ain't gonna happen.

Know what I mean...manage your expectations

Ricky Martin ain't getting pussy either. He's gay

What do you mean 'You got visits and wasn't worthy?'

I mean i did the same and got nothing. Just gotta remember I'm hot as fuck whether people fab or interact with me or not. I move on and thats that really.

Like others say its best not to get hung up on it. Theres probably more people that pass you on the street and think your fab than people here willing to dish em out

I am being myself, I’m posting on a thread where it’s encouraged to help others and like them but people stop by my profile and do nothing, messages deleted without response "

Oh right I get the visits now...

Depends on your approach, we can't see your mail to them, so can't really comment as such.

If you've read some of their profile and get the jist of what THEY want, then keep trying.

If you are ignoring the write up. Then I'm afraid it'll be deleted...

Have you used Advanced Search?

By *ecadent_DevonMan  over a year ago

Okehampton

I never get fabbed, I’m cool with that, relying on others for your own self-esteem is a fools errand

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"I never get fabbed, I’m cool with that, relying on others for your own self-esteem is a fools errand "
Poor you

Keep up sweety

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

I don’t get those threads so I avoid. But I’d assume that the premise would be for people to make extra effort to fab maybe their favourite photo on any profile they click on. I know many posters do and are very inclusive. However, to me that doesn’t mean much because its essentially a game. If it’s making you feel crap then avoid them. There’s no link between fabs on photos and self worth. Stick to threads that make you smile

Okehampton

"I never get fabbed, I’m cool with that, relying on others for your own self-esteem is a fools errand Poor you

Keep up sweety "

Okay so I was fishing. You know what they say, advice is the easiest thing to give and the hardest thing to take

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"I never get fabbed, I’m cool with that, relying on others for your own self-esteem is a fools errand Poor you

Keep up sweety

Okay so I was fishing. You know what they say, advice is the easiest thing to give and the hardest thing to take "

Xxx

You can make your photos unfabable.

Yes, I can make up new words. Brains and beauty!

I'm one of those that very rarely fab photos. I'll look at them, appreciate them but my mind isn't entwined in a SM world where it says "oh you need to like this if you've seen it".

I'm sure lots of people appreciate you, your profile and pics.

Always happy to chat if you want to

The forum can be very cliquey, I'm mostly ignored but I care not!

Missy x

Keep up sweety

Okay so I was fishing. You know what they say, advice is the easiest thing to give and the hardest thing to take "

Fabbed you - I tried one of those double exposure photos too - never seen anyone else do it on here!

"You can make your photos unfabable.

Yes, I can make up new words. Brains and beauty!"

Is it unfabable or unfabbable? It's unfathomable.

Missy x"

Forums and the likes are likely always be this way, I don't see it as a clique per se, more a familiarity and understanding boundaries with one another.

To the outsider, it can feel like there's a select few that play together on the forums, but the bigger picture is there are many that don't.

"I don’t get those threads so I avoid. But I’d assume that the premise would be for people to make extra effort to fab maybe their favourite photo on any profile they click on. I know many posters do and are very inclusive. However, to me that doesn’t mean much because its essentially a game. If it’s making you feel crap then avoid them. There’s no link between fabs on photos and self worth. Stick to threads that make you smile "

Okehampton

Keep up sweety

Okay so I was fishing. You know what they say, advice is the easiest thing to give and the hardest thing to take

Fabbed you - I tried one of those double exposure photos too - never seen anyone else do it on here!"

I used gimp. I’ve got a few others in my hidden pics including a sunset over pants and a view of Dartmoor . It was good fun to do but I had to watch a YouTube tutorial.

By *mma29Couple  over a year ago

wirral

Absolutely spot on with your comments as usual.

Keep up sweety

Fabbed you - I tried one of those double exposure photos too - never seen anyone else do it on here!

I used gimp. I’ve got a few others in my hidden pics including a sunset over pants and a view of Dartmoor . It was good fun to do but I had to watch a YouTube tutorial. "

sunset over pants! I use Snapseed - it's super easy but I didn't think mine was very effective. I moved it to private

By *good-being-badMan  over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

I join threads if I get a response yippee... often if you're late to the thread lots of folk are 'd out and may have moved on to the next topic..its fab its an ever moving feast.

I joined in a fuck suck lick thread the other day...

Can a lady please message me to arrange this.. ta.

By *olex99Man  over a year ago

Hull

Don't worry about it mate. I kill just about any thread I comment on

By *mma29Couple  over a year ago

wirral

"Your photos are nice, I’ve dropped you a little fab

I personally stay away from the threads that are a popularity contest now (I find them cliquey), anything that starts with “which forumite….” is avoided. Don’t let it get you down, do your thing and try not to let it get you down "

Yeah we keep away from all that now. Every one learns the hard way it's just a little private group really.

On one we were the only post to be ignored on there.

Couldn't actually care but once you know where you stand it's easy to avoid

By *oudLoutishLoverWoman  over a year ago

Colchester

"Don't dwell on it. I do much better on fabguys than here.Fabs are fun but don't really mean anything. "

This.

Fabs are pretty meaningless and don’t signify a wealth of meaningful meets. Fab is not a competition, and should be about you connecting with the people your profile speaks to. I’d rather make 2 or three great connections than receive 20k Fabs!

Try not to let something so arbitrary affect your confidence, darling.

I rarely get fabb'd but Im sure if I made more effort with pics, had a better profile and liked celery I would.

The fabbing threads are supposed to be a bit of fun - thats why I don't do them any more.....plus my pics are shite

As others, far wiser than me, have said....dont take what happens in the forums home.

By *ancelot1633Man  over a year ago

folkstone

That’s not true at all.

If I join the fabbing thread I try and go through everyone and fab some of their pics (unless it’s all dicks)"

Hey OP I fabbed your photos I think you have some good pictures

Don’t let it knock your confidence especially on threads like that, we all have been or felt ignored on forum threads I’m sure. I know I have and how it feels, it’s easy to let it get to you but don’t let it. Keep positive dude

"I join threads if I get a response yippee... often if you're late to the thread lots of folk are 'd out and may have moved on to the next topic..its fab its an ever moving feast.

I joined in a fuck suck lick thread the other day...

Can a lady please message me to arrange this.. ta."

Hahaha

tickled me

Missy x"

Who typed that??

By *hroatQueen_CATV/TS  over a year ago

Carlisle

[Removed by poster at 22/10/21 12:54:57]

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

There are plenty of guys who see a fab as practically an invite to someone's vagina rather than an appreciation of a photo.

Some peeps will be reluctant to fab photos for that reason

By *rMojoRisinMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

If you walked into a pub, would every woman give you the eye, or would some and others think “not for me.” It’s no different here.

If you rate your esteem by the amount of fabs you get, you’re in for a bumpy ride bruv.

"I'm one of those that very rarely fab photos. I'll look at them, appreciate them but my mind isn't entwined in a SM world where it says "oh you need to like this if you've seen it".

Always happy to chat if you want to "

There’s nothing wrong with showing appreciation of a good image, by leaving a fab. I enjoy doing that, it doesn’t mean I’m entwined in a sm world.

"I'm one of those that very rarely fab photos. I'll look at them, appreciate them but my mind isn't entwined in a SM world where it says "oh you need to like this if you've seen it".

There’s nothing wrong with showing appreciation of a good image, by leaving a fab. I enjoy doing that, it doesn’t mean I’m entwined in a sm world."

I leave Fabs as "a thank you for the perv" as well

By *ancelot1633Man  over a year ago

folkstone

There’s nothing wrong with showing appreciation of a good image, by leaving a fab. I enjoy doing that, it doesn’t mean I’m entwined in a sm world.

I leave Fabs as "a thank you for the perv" as well "

Me too, I feel I owe it to those brave/generous enough to share

By *ave1963BarnsleyMan  over a year ago

Barnsley

Get yourself out to clubs and socials so people get to meet the real you rather than a few pics and a bio.

Your appearance is fine by the way.

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

There could be a various reasons for not being fabbed. The most obvious might be they didn't deem your pictures appealing enough.

Women in particular can often choose not to fab a picture of a man they don't know to avoid any messaging which frequently happens afterwards.

Men in general receive few fabs, regardless of how good their pictures might be. It shouldn't lessen or detract from your experience here.

You did get fabbed though

There’s nothing wrong with showing appreciation of a good image, by leaving a fab. I enjoy doing that, it doesn’t mean I’m entwined in a sm world."

Ive fabbed yours. Theyre ace!

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Hey OP. Intend to avoid those types of threads as it’s easy to get lost in the deluge of comments on here. Try not to be too disheartened as it happens to us all.

The forums can be great so perhaps try some of the other posts and above all, have a laugh

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

"Your pics are great I especially like the one where you are playing the guitar don't take it personally you look great "

That's better!

By *ustamanMan  over a year ago

weymouth

No fabs for me either, used to mess with my head but I've changed my attitude towards this site and now just use it for entertainment. I'm not expecting a meet (it would be nice but I doubt it'll happen) so I just join in occasionally sometimes chat in chat rooms but I can find those a little too competitive, occasionally I'll cam if I'm feeling extra horny. Try not to take this site seriously.

» Add a new message to this topic