Jump to: Newest in thread

By *usman 199 OP   Man  over a year ago

Stockport

What laws would you bring in fun or serious

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

Seriously?

Well Boris is talking about increasing the minimum wage to £9.40+ next April - which is great as i and some others would then be able to manage without claiming UC - which I hate doing.

What I WOULD do is keep the £20pw uplift until that came into effect though - as the massive increase in the cost of living this winter will be a disaster for many families.

I’d also be looking to temporarily reduce fuel duty whilst petrol prices are so high (averaging around £1.40pl where I live - never known it that high) - as before too long those on lower incomes just won’t be able to afford the commute to work.

There are a whole host of other things I’d do too - but I’ll start with those. Xx

Prestonish

What would you do op?

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Review tax loopholes.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

A law revoking the more pointless health and safety laws that protect the stupid for themselves. Time for Natural Selection to do its job!

If was Prime Minister be too worried where the next scandalous pics or videos be coming from!

By *ack688Man  over a year ago

abruzzo Italy (and UK)

I would make minimum wages in each area to be representative of the cost of living in that area, and one persons minimum wage should be enough that 30% of that wage (generally thought to be the fair amount), can pay for rent if a two bedroom flat so one person can afford to look after themselves and a partner that needs to stay home to care for a child or an elderly relative living with the.

Any business that can’t afford this wage structure doesn’t have a viable business model.

"A law revoking the more pointless health and safety laws that protect the stupid for themselves. Time for Natural Selection to do its job! "

With you on that with the garb we have to wear laying bricks in the scorching summer heat.

If I was PM I would resign as soon as possible before everyone realized I had no clue what I was doing.

I would invest in a Travelodge to be kept empty and used solely for mps and parliament workers with a £20 a day food limit.

Would easily save £100000s over time from expense claims

Stockport

"What would you do op? "
sorry for late reply peachy. I would reinstate the retirement age 60 for women 65 for men . How often have you heard such a person has retired and unfortunately has passed. So yes let's have more payback time to enjoy retirement xx

firstly i'd start a new way of doing things..the 30 grand policy..being a politician would be more like dury duty..everyone gets picked and everyone has to do it for some time..also if any politician that was found to have even a penny more than the the 30 grand a year for the job would instantly entered into my new game show "let catapult the politician into the sea"..we all bet on them so see if any make it back to shore.it would be a like a lottery thing where we can all bet on our favourites.

then i would order all the politican's to actually serve the communities they are meant to represent..i know its a silly idea but im a dreamer,im not the only one

Prestonish

"What would you do op? sorry for late reply peachy. I would reinstate the retirement age 60 for women 65 for men . How often have you heard such a person has retired and unfortunately has passed. So yes let's have more payback time to enjoy retirement xx "

But why 60 for women when women generally live longer than men?

Stockport

"What would you do op? sorry for late reply peachy. I would reinstate the retirement age 60 for women 65 for men . How often have you heard such a person has retired and unfortunately has passed. So yes let's have more payback time to enjoy retirement xx

But why 60 for women when women generally live longer than men? "

that was the law then peachy hey didn't know women lived longer than men xx

By *panking masterMan  over a year ago

Washington

i would make more places at university to train more nurses and doctors surgeons from british born kids and build up british industry so we were totally self sufficient and not at the beck and call of the e.u for our power supplies,, get this country back to being great britain and not a 3rd world country...

Reform the empire. Start with Australia and New Zealand, then Canada. After that leave open should any other country wish to join. Call it a trade bloc and folks will come running.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

I would reform the electoral system. Get rid of first past the post and bring in proportional representation.

By *uzy444Woman  over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

"What laws would you bring in fun or serious "
1 person 1 vote..

dont get me started....

By *educedWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

I'd form a rainbow coalition selecting real politicians who have a real passion to do right by their constituents.

By *educedWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

"Reform the empire. Start with Australia and New Zealand, then Canada. After that leave open should any other country wish to join. Call it a trade bloc and folks will come running."

Kingdom is a much kinder word.

Stockport

"I'd form a rainbow coalition selecting real politicians who have a real passion to do right by their constituents. "
I will vote for you my friend next prime minister how you fixed might only get a five year contract play your cards right might get an extension

By *irtydevil666Man  over a year ago

bristol

The stocks and rotten veg......

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

I'd change some laws/rules/regulations on bankruptcy.

Some directors purposely allow the company to go bankrupt to avoid paying thousands or pounds in taxes, then simply start up a new company and do the same thing over and over again.

It's totally wrong in our book.

Introduce a respectable state pension, the current offering is a joke.

Abolish the house of lords.

I'd give the 6 counties back to their rightful owners Ireland

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

"What laws would you bring in fun or serious "

Make all companies to pay their taxes whether they are based here or not.

Fix the NHS take away all the pen pushers and red tape.

Declare war with France.

By *ersey GirlCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Make cigarettes by prescription only

Increase minimum wage

Stop zero tax on big companies

Open centres for free childcare. People doing placements in childcare can get their experience by working there

If you are a drug addict/alcoholic you stay in a single room centre with moderators and regular drug testing. Don't get a penny of the government. Room and board only

Subsidise companies to manufacture in the uk

No second homes for mp's

If companies have over a % profit they have to employ more staff

Moderate work visas

Sex offenders given life long registration with proper rehabilitation

More cctv

Closer moderating on TV viewing

R

By *urvyBi-84Man  over a year ago

Lancs

Increase the tax allowance so that people, especially those on minimum wage get to keep more of the money they earn.

Cut fuel duty and cut the VAT on fuel. People on low incomes shouldn’t have to struggle to buy fuel to get to work or heat their homes.

Simplify the tax code so there are fewer loopholes. I’d keep taxes low to make the country competitive for foreign investment.

Root and branch reform of the NHS. Throwing money at it isn’t the answer because in a few months people are calling for even more. There are more efficient ways of delivering healthcare that remains free at the point of delivery and the choice is not simply our way or the American way. I’d look at European systems and try to learn from them.

Education and training grants for vocational skills. It boggles the mind that you can get a student loan to take any degree you like, but there’s no funding for things like HGV driver training, plumbing and electrician courses etc. That needs to change.

Oh, and I’d take a pay cut.

By *stbury DavenportMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

First of all: Make owning any residential property in which you do not personally live deeply illegal. Not paltry-fine, slap-on-the-wrist illegal; I'm talking go-to-prison-for-decades, stripped-of-your-assets illegal. People need homes, and psychopaths are hoarding them.

Second: Have everyone who's been in government since 2010 prosecuted for as many counts of murder as people who've died from austerity or COVID. Followed by life-means-life sentences, and all their assets seized for the public good.

If I was prime minister I wouldn't make any laws as that isn't how it works

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Ban Jaffa Cakes

» Add a new message to this topic