FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > back to the 50's....

back to the 50's....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iew OP   Man  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

THE clock has been turned back at a Winterbourne care home to create a 1950s street to help residents with dementia.

With its working pub and greengrocers stocked with products from the decade, Memory Lane at Blossom Fields and The Grove has been set up to stimulate conversation with people with dementia.

People with dementia struggle with short term memory loss but long term may be not that impacted. It is a way of stimulating memories.

I thought that was lovely....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

awwwww thats cool ........... went to 50's nite on Saturday, the music from that era was brill - they will be having a rocking time

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

what a fantastic thing to do,not enough thought goes into dementia care

whoever thought of this deserves a medal well done

By *eizahTV/TS  over a year ago

Buckingham

Fantastic thing to do.Dementia is a horrible thing.

Adore 50's fashion too!~x~

"what a fantastic thing to do,not enough thought goes into dementia care

whoever thought of this deserves a medal well done"

absolutely.

Ah that's so lovely and a wonderful idea.

I went to my friends wedding on Saturday in my 50s style dress and petticoat and full 50s hair and makeup and this old lady came up to me at the reception and told me that looking at me rekindled nights out dressed in a similar fashion waiting for gentlemen to ask her to dance.

She asked me for a dance herself later in the evening and as I can't jive, she led and I just twirled as she liked looking at my petticoat. She was a really sweet old lady. It is a lovely thought to bring memories of youth to older people

My sister used to work with a reminiscence theatre company called Age Exchange that used to perform at homes for people suffering from dementia. It was always amazing seeing how much the audience remembered and participated in the singing . They became so much more animated and seemed to really get pleasure from their long term memories being triggered.

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

A home similar to this came up as part of my last OU course (might have been the same one, I don't remember the name). It is truly amazing the work they do.

Would have loved to visit just to bring the course home, but was not meant to be.

By *am sampsonMan  over a year ago

cwmbran

I was in Stroud last week and there is an interesting shop there selling original retro clothes from the 1920s to 60s

By *uggers nemesisCouple  over a year ago

london

"THE clock has been turned back at a Winterbourne care home to create a 1950s street to help residents with dementia.

With its working pub and greengrocers stocked with products from the decade, Memory Lane at Blossom Fields and The Grove has been set up to stimulate conversation with people with dementia.

People with dementia struggle with short term memory loss but long term may be not that impacted. It is a way of stimulating memories.

I thought that was lovely...."

"THE clock has been turned back at a Winterbourne care home to create a 1950s street to help residents with dementia.

I thought that was lovely.... "

what a great idea.

I am concerned that when I get old and demented that I will have to relive the 80's again. I could not do the wet look shoulder length perm again!

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"

I am concerned that when I get old and demented that I will have to relive the 80's again. I could not do the wet look shoulder length perm again! "

Not sure if I'll be able to pass off the hot pink ra-ra skirt, frilly blouse, legwarmers and pixie boots when I'm old(er) and (more) demented than I am now...

"

I am concerned that when I get old and demented that I will have to relive the 80's again. I could not do the wet look shoulder length perm again!

Not sure if I'll be able to pass off the hot pink ra-ra skirt, frilly blouse, legwarmers and pixie boots when I'm old(er) and (more) demented than I am now... "

what were legwarmers all about? The kids from Fame have a lot to answer to!

» Add a new message to this topic