FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Hidden Friends List

Hidden Friends List

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *Ryan- OP   Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

Hiding your friends list on your profile, appears to be fairly popular.

What are your different reasons for doing this?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

because ive had some sad sack message people from my friends/veri's asking stuff about me

"because ive had some sad sack message people from my friends/veri's asking stuff about me "

+1

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

"because ive had some sad sack message people from my friends/veri's asking stuff about me

+1"

+2

Because I had one guy that i said thanks but no thanks to then decide to message all my friends tellin them I'd slagged them off, it obviously really upset of them n I'm now blocked by them, luckily the ones I knew really well knew it was as load of lies. Guess it was all my fault really for daring to say no to taking his cock!

Because it's nobody else's business who I've friended.

I don't want my friends tarred by association with me by those who don't like me.

I don't want those I've refused to add to take issue with those I have and I don't want any 'why did you add him and not me' crap.

As I use my friends list partly as a means of staying in touch with those I've played with, or plan to play with, I don't want to advertise who that is. And I don't want people thinking they know who I am shagging on the basis of that list.

I don't want certain people to know who I have friended to prevent them stirring up trouble between us.

Less potential info for stalker types (who sometimes friend friends to get to someone or get info on someone)

The benefits of showing it seem to be only proving how popular you are ( or aren't!) so it seems like a no-brainer to me.

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

"because ive had some sad sack message people from my friends/veri's asking stuff about me

+1

+2"

+3

+1

+2

+3"

+4

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

"Because it's nobody else's business who I've friended.

I don't want my friends tarred by association with me by those who don't like me.

I don't want those I've refused to add to take issue with those I have and I don't want any 'why did you add him and not me' crap.

As I use my friends list partly as a means of staying in touch with those I've played with, or plan to play with, I don't want to advertise who that is. And I don't want people thinking they know who I am shagging on the basis of that list.

I don't want certain people to know who I have friended to prevent them stirring up trouble between us.

Less potential info for stalker types (who sometimes friend friends to get to someone or get info on someone)

The benefits of showing it seem to be only proving how popular you are ( or aren't!) so it seems like a no-brainer to me."

"because ive had some sad sack message people from my friends/veri's asking stuff about me "

+3 and try to use one to lure me into a gangbang.

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

+1

+2

+3

+4"

+5

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

Because I am ashamed of my friend's list. They are a right bunch of weirdos.

so why do you hide yours Ryan??

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"Hiding your friends list on your profile, appears to be fairly popular.

What are your different reasons for doing this?"

Because it's no one elses business who our friends are.

Cos you don't leave you raddress book open on the telephone table

In Your Bush

"so why do you hide yours Ryan?? "

cos i aint got none

Cos its full of trannies who i wanna bum.

I think the friends list is rather pointless(unlike alot of the things i like toolwise on fab), I have no issue showing mine rightly enough, but its entirely useless lol

In Your Bush

"so why do you hide yours Ryan?? "

sorry being serious - I had a similar experience to Sazalou although not as bad

Pretty much all of the above, and I'm a sheep following trends

By *ukus 62Woman  over a year ago

Essex

+1

+2

+3"

plus4

This isn't facebook, ur here in private not to be found by all an sundries that know u!

+1

+2

+3

+4

+5"

+6

+1

+2

+3

+4

+5

+6

"

Probably shouldn't be suprised but I am by how many people have had this happen to them.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

All of the above. Mine only includes those I have met and consider to be friends - it's a small list.

+1

+2

+3

+4

+5

+6

"

+7

Mine is only for people I've met or intend to meet...so if you're on there, you've been warned!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I dont hide mine, but then ive only got a few people on it, havent even got most of my friends on it to be honest

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

My reasons are my own ...needless to say its the only way to go....

Exactly this!!

Friends hidden - and those I've met have been kind enough to maintain discretion - and tell the nosey bastards to sod off! Lol

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

[Removed by poster at 18/09/12 16:39:54]

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

just people take the whole friend thing too seriously and saves having the 'needy' rant....

' I am having a big friends clear our in 1 day, 4 hours and 15 minutes unless you message me/us'.....

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Because I am ashamed of my friend's list. They are a right bunch of weirdos."

Oy!

In Your Bush

Now I agree and understand with all of the above points. What I find strange though is that a lot of you (not all) will display your verifications, which I assume in most cases will be from people off of your friends list. Surely this defeats the object

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"Now I agree and understand with all of the above points. What I find strange though is that a lot of you (not all) will display your verifications, which I assume in most cases will be from people off of your friends list. Surely this defeats the object "

you make a very valid point, verifications can be a badge of honour to some 'look who I have shagged'...

Because friends list are for facebook the anti-social network.

Plus it stops all of what has been mentioned above.

My one friend is safe, lmao

"just people take the whole friend thing too seriously and saves having the 'needy' rant....

' I am having a big friends clear our in 1 day, 4 hours and 15 minutes unless you message me/us'.....

"

I remember those days when I first started out. List clearing no longer needed.

"Now I agree and understand with all of the above points. What I find strange though is that a lot of you (not all) will display your verifications, which I assume in most cases will be from people off of your friends list. Surely this defeats the object "

No not the case, mainly people we have met at club/parties.

Although we have lost a few veri's recently and only one of those was on our friend list.

In Your Bush

"Now I agree and understand with all of the above points. What I find strange though is that a lot of you (not all) will display your verifications, which I assume in most cases will be from people off of your friends list. Surely this defeats the object

Although we have lost a few veri's recently and only one of those was on our friend list."

But what is to stop someone mailing all of your veris, to find out info about you, as discussed above?

I have found that in order to 'prove' one is a bona fide single female that meets men it is helpful to show the odd one. I like receiving them but I don't display them all. If someone leaves the site I then have others in reserve to put up. I give them and it is up to those people what they do with them.

No most of our verifications are not on our friends list. Yes one or two are but the rest aren't.

We've never felt the need to advertise...

In addition to the excellent posts already made outlining the advantages of doing so

Wolf

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

I cherry pick which veris to show. With the friends list it's all or nothing.

"you make a very valid point, verifications can be a badge of honour to some 'look who I have shagged'...

"

or a mark of territory to those who leave 20 veri's for the same person

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"you make a very valid point, verifications can be a badge of honour to some 'look who I have shagged'...

or a mark of territory to those who leave 20 veri's for the same person"

very, very good point

"Now I agree and understand with all of the above points. What I find strange though is that a lot of you (not all) will display your verifications, which I assume in most cases will be from people off of your friends list. Surely this defeats the object

Although we have lost a few veri's recently and only one of those was on our friend list.

But what is to stop someone mailing all of your veris, to find out info about you, as discussed above?"

As I said above up there, we have had that happen, to try to lure me into doing a gangbang, I had declined a group on here.

They then went through our veri's to see if we were good friends, knew us well enough to convince me otherwise!

Said friend & veri (now left the site) alerted us by text, so their little rouse was rumbled and we told them were to go!

Remaining veri's, are people we are very unlikely to meet again.

"

Had this too which is why I no longer display my verifications

or a mark of territory to those who leave 20 veri's for the same person

very, very good point"

But useful for that reason... I know to stay clear. It's tricky.

By *empnbunkCouple  over a year ago

south coast

Because they are our friends and we dont want anyone stealing them ...they are ours go get your own

By *ont Ask Dont GetWoman  over a year ago

amersham

I use the Friends function differently from most I think... often just to see someone's private pics to see if I like the look of them... so no point in displaying it really...

Tend to use the Hotlist funtion for people I have met (and liked!) and those I would like to meet...I like the fact that it's all private that way

"Because they are our friends and we dont want anyone stealing them ...they are ours go get your own "

You stole them from us though

i hide mine cos im keeping em for myself hehehe

"Because they are our friends and we dont want anyone stealing them ...they are ours go get your own "

Meany meany tight arse.

I just hide both

My verification list is there to let all this sexy people know I'm a fantastic guy.

My friends list is hidden as are the sexiest veri's, I only show the 50 shades ones not the story of O ones.

...we had a man contact a couple on our friend's list who we had met asking for our address they told us stright away,that is way we hide our's.xx

+1

+2

+3

+4

+5

+6

+ 7

"

+8

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

There are too many knobheads and bunny boilers in this world who follow religiously who people add to their lists, make assumptions, go all hulk eyed and move to Psychoville. Prevention is better than having to twat the fecker.

you make a very valid point, verifications can be a badge of honour to some 'look who I have shagged'...

"

Plus it's too late for the rabbit roaster to scupper your chances once the jiggy-hump-hump-juice has landed.

"There are too many knobheads and bunny boilers in this world who follow religiously who people add to their lists, make assumptions, go all hulk eyed and move to Psychoville. Prevention is better than having to twat the fecker."
..love it well put

+1

+2

+3

+4

+5

+6

+ 7

+8 "

+9

By *obandruthCouple  over a year ago

wolverhampton

because there profile says there strait but there friends list tells a diferent story

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I think the friends list is rather pointless(unlike alot of the things i like toolwise on fab), I have no issue showing mine rightly enough, but its entirely useless lol"

Not entirely. You can let friends see your pics.

"I think the friends list is rather pointless(unlike alot of the things i like toolwise on fab), I have no issue showing mine rightly enough, but its entirely useless lol

Not entirely. You can let friends see your pics."

oops sorry I meant the display of freinds lists lol- up ur arse Granny x

"I think the friends list is rather pointless(unlike alot of the things i like toolwise on fab), I have no issue showing mine rightly enough, but its entirely useless lol

oops sorry I meant the display of freinds lists lol- up ur arse Granny x"

Surely displaying it up Granny's arse would make it even more pointless?

"because there profile says there strait but there friends list tells a diferent story"

Funnily enough - this seems to be the demographic that forgets the option to hide friends! Lol

In Your Bush

oops sorry I meant the display of freinds lists lol- up ur arse Granny x

Surely displaying it up Granny's arse would make it even more pointless?"

You would have to be a very close friend

I have found that in order to 'prove' one is a bona fide single female that meets men it is helpful to show the odd one. I like receiving them but I don't display them all. If someone leaves the site I then have others in reserve to put up. I give them and it is up to those people what they do with them."

Ditto

It's annoying, however, when I leave one and don't get one in return, even if I don't want to display it!

"I cherry pick which veris to show. With the friends list it's all or nothing."

Agreed

Wait...we're supposed to shag the people on our friends list?

Shit. Why did nobody tell me this?

Be right back, I have some alterations to make to my friends list...

Because i dont want to or have to as they are my secret friends

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"There are too many knobheads and bunny boilers in this world who follow religiously who people add to their lists, make assumptions, go all hulk eyed and move to Psychoville. Prevention is better than having to twat the fecker."

"Because i dont want to or have to as they are my secret friends "

I have secret friends!!

Admittedly most are in my head and only come out for tea parties......

i hide my list in a safe place

its so safe i cant remember where i put my friends list

vetter check the fridge as im always leaving my keys in there

By *uyuksno1Man  over a year ago

poole

we hide ours as we had a couple who sort of stalked us through our list in the beginning every time we met some one and they veried us and they were onour list this couple contacted us and then met them after about 6 different meets we then met a meet from before and they told us what was going on so we contacted our veris to see if they had had it happen we deleted our old friendship list and veris and started from scratch it was a bit creepy

By *anSusieCouple  over a year ago

Midlothian

never thought of sad weirdos contactng our friends,well good luck to them:we didn't play with all on the list and the once we did,OHH said weirdo will get such a telling off from our friends he\she wont know wot hit them

south coast

"Because they are our friends and we dont want anyone stealing them ...they are ours go get your own

You stole them from us though "

Borrowed...borrowed....feel free to cum and get them back

In Your Bush

Be right back, I have some alterations to make to my friends list... "

That's not the point I was making. It was asking the people who hide their friends to prevent them being contacted, why do they not hide their veris as well?

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"because there profile says there strait but there friends list tells a diferent story"

Can you not have friends who are bi or gay? What if they are just friends and you don't want to fuck them, can you have them then?

That's not the point I was making. It was asking the people who hide their friends to prevent them being contacted, why do they not hide their veris as well?"

Yes, I realise. I actually meant to quote _iew, quoting you when he said "you make a very valid point, verifications can be a badge of honour to some 'look who I have shagged'..."

I suppose though, being serious, it's two-fold.

As someone said earlier, I can choose which veris to show but I can't do that with my friends list.

Also, once they've met me and written a veri, they know me in person (and, I hope, are in a better position to know if I would slag them off) and I've already had the pleasure of their, er, company so nobody can fuck up me getting to meet them.

My friends list shows more clearly, I think, who I like and/or whose opinion I respect and/or who I'd like to meet than my veris do.

Besides, 4 of my meets haven't left me flipping veris anyway!!

"because there profile says there strait but there friends list tells a diferent story

Can you not have friends who are bi or gay? What if they are just friends and you don't want to fuck them, can you have them then? "

yup my male verifies always state how I fucked their cocks in my mouth and fucked their arses really hard...

south coast

"because there profile says there strait but there friends list tells a diferent story

Can you not have friends who are bi or gay? What if they are just friends and you don't want to fuck them, can you have them then? "

Jeeeeez do you not know.nothing ....if you have gay friends that means your gay too pffft

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

That's not the point I was making. It was asking the people who hide their friends to prevent them being contacted, why do they not hide their veris as well?

Yes, I realise. I actually meant to quote _iew, quoting you when he said "you make a very valid point, verifications can be a badge of honour to some 'look who I have shagged'..."

As someone said earlier, I can choose which veris to show but I can't do that with my friends list.

Also, once they've met me and written a veri, they know me in person (and, I hope, are in a better position to know if I would slag them off) and I've already had the pleasure of their, er, company so nobody can fuck up me getting to meet them.

My friends list shows more clearly, I think, who I like and/or whose opinion I respect and/or who I'd like to meet than my veris do.

Besides, 4 of my meets haven't left me flipping veris anyway!!"

I didn't say people can't show their friends or verifications, I believe people can display what they wish, as people who look at them will interpret in any way they wish... some right, some wrong

In Your Bush

Besides, 4 of my meets haven't left me flipping veris anyway!!"

Wasn't one of them an illiterate rubber chicken though

Wasn't one of them an illiterate rubber chicken though "

No, he hasn't blessed me with a visitation

I didn't say people can't show their friends or verifications, I believe people can display what they wish, as people who look at them will interpret in any way they wish... some right, some wrong"

To clarify, I was joking (that if all people on my friends list are people who ultimately might leave me a veri - i.e. that I might shag) there are some changes required to my friends list

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

I write most veris based on the coffee meet. And generally the veris I receive are the same.

I don't show a veri if it is full if salacious details or even information I choose not to put on t'interwebby.

People have been miffed when I don't show a veri they have put time and thought into but it's my profile I'll show what I deem appropriate.

"I write most veris based on the coffee meet. And generally the veris I receive are the same.

I don't show a veri if it is full if salacious details or even information I choose not to put on t'interwebby.

People have been miffed when I don't show a veri they have put time and thought into but it's my profile I'll show what I deem appropriate."

I feel much the same. I like potential meets to know I am real, and clean and yadda yadda yadda. I don't want anyone and everyone to know exactly what I got up to and with whom.

I don't have a play meet veri I am happy to display at the moment. I may display one or two in the future but it's going to depend on exactly what they say.

Don't see why I need to show my friends lists or verifications from Day 1, and it does not appear to have done me any harm.

Can you not have friends who are bi or gay? What if they are just friends and you don't want to fuck them, can you have them then?

Jeeeeez do you not know.nothing ....if

you have gay friends that means your gay too pffft "

Sad but true .....Some People like to jump to all kinds of conclusions from others friends list and verifications.

Respect of privacy for other parties and discretion.

"Don't see why I need to show my friends lists or verifications from Day 1, and it does not appear to have done me any harm. "

Same here. Our friends list and veris have always been hidden. I always write veris for those we meet and am happy if they choose to display what I write or hide it as its their choice.

Ive been contacted by my playmates friends before and it makes me uncomfortable. Just cause we have same friend doesn't mean I want to sit and discuss that friend

So noone can see whom is on my list. Its nobodys buisness but mine and some people gossip or dont/wont meet coz who your friends are etc lol like big fecking schoolkids ppfftt. Lol

Because I can!

We hide our friends list because it is discreet. We don't hide veris though as their intention is to show others' who wish to meet us, that we are not fictitious and we do turn up.

I don't get the 'I can't be friends with you cos I'm also friends with someone who doesn't like you and I don't want them to know'. I find this extremely childish and always wonder at the maturity of people and whether they have the right mindset for swinging if this is how they behave over a friends list.

By the amount of people who have had these kind of problems and problems with others' contacting your friends and playmates for the sole intention of being malicious, then it shows there are a lot of childish immature people on fab

"Because it's nobody else's business who I've friended.

The benefits of showing it seem to be only proving how popular you are ( or aren't!) so it seems like a no-brainer to me."

We hide our friend for respect of their privacy stops the dick heads sending them out messages or friends request, as they know us etc.

Well said. x

+1

+2"

+3

Purely for privacy reasons.

I also hide veri's for the same reason and don't befriend people who have their friends lists on display.

By *onnoisseur100Man  over a year ago

Woking-ish

+1

+2

+3

+4

+5

+6

+ 7

+8 "

So does that make you an enigma wrapped round a mystery, then?

LOL

How very dare you.

Its all down to peoples preference/choice.

In Your Bush

"How very dare you.

Its all down to peoples preference/choice."

Is that a song?

I hide mine so my friends can't see the competition

i have 100s would be to long ,

In Your Bush

"I hide mine so my friends can't see the competition "

Lol smart arse

I always knew there were some sad people on here didn't think they would be that bad

off to hide my friends list

"I hide mine so my friends can't see the competition

Lol smart arse "

Shake it to the left, shake it to the right

Lol smart arse

Shake it to the left, shake it to the right "

you dancing now .. in out in out and shack it all about , lol

Lol smart arse

Shake it to the left, shake it to the right you dancing now .. in out in out and shack it all about , lol"

Now that doesn't sound like a dance to me

In Your Bush

Lol smart arse

Shake it to the left, shake it to the right you dancing now .. in out in out and shack it all about , lol"

Can you in out, in out, the other way please it's making me nervous

Lol smart arse

Shake it to the left, shake it to the right you dancing now .. in out in out and shack it all about , lol

Can you in out, in out, the other way please it's making me nervous "

we can turn around , lol thats what it all about , ooooooo

» Add a new message to this topic