FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Just a little thank you xx

Just a little thank you xx

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ancer36 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Stirling

So many of you have noticed I was absent for a little while…. Whilst this is a very personal topic, I want to pass on my thanks

Tomorrow I say goodbye to the greatest love of my life…my gran, a 5ft nothing power house of a woman who will be deeply missed, unfortunately my grandad past shortly after and we say goodbye to him on Friday this week too

This is my first experience of many emotions I’ve never felt before and the need for more strength than I ever thought I possessed to anyone who has lost my heart goes out to you

Thank you to all who have checked in on me over the past week your friendship and kind words are truly immeasurable xx

Any words of wisdom, hope or strength to help me through the coming week are welcome, or perhaps you can draw on personal loss of your own, either way this is a simple thank you from me to you xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rMojoRisinMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

NBVN x

I can't offer you much Dancer other than a virtual body to hold and be held by.

It's a cliche but time really is a healer.

Hugs.

Mr

By *inkyInkedBiWoman  over a year ago

"So many of you have noticed I was absent for a little while…. Whilst this is a very personal topic, I want to pass on my thanks

Tomorrow I say goodbye to the greatest love of my life…my gran, a 5ft nothing power house of a woman who will be deeply missed, unfortunately my grandad past shortly after and we say goodbye to him on Friday this week too

This is my first experience of many emotions I’ve never felt before and the need for more strength than I ever thought I possessed to anyone who has lost my heart goes out to you

Thank you to all who have checked in on me over the past week your friendship and kind words are truly immeasurable xx

Any words of wisdom, hope or strength to help me through the coming week are welcome, or perhaps you can draw on personal loss of your own, either way this is a simple thank you from me to you xx

"

So much love for you D

You’ll be in my thoughts tomorrow and Friday, I know there’s lots of people on here who’ll feel exactly the same.

Always here to listen xxxxxx

By *S2004Man  over a year ago

Bromsgrove

"So many of you have noticed I was absent for a little while…. Whilst this is a very personal topic, I want to pass on my thanks

"

A beautiful tribute. I still think of lost relatives but over time the sadness is replaced by the warmth they gave me in life

Xxx

Awww D I’m so sorry to hear that my thoughts are with you xx

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

I don't think have the words to help you through such a loss but my thoughts are very much with you

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

Allow yourself to grieve, people may say they lived a long life etc as if it softens the blow, it doesn't. Cherish the memories you have of them and talk to others about them even if they never met them. Memories keep those we love alive even if they aren't walking amongst us anymore. X

Sending you lots and lots of hugs!! X stay strong doll x x

I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow. I hope it goes as well as it can. Sending lots of love and hugs

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

Such a feeling of loss is a sign of huge love it’s such a tough one. Sorry you’re hurting. Sending love and best wishes to you x

By *eyond PurityCouple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

So sorry for your loss - I’m sure you’ve got plenty of cherished memories of them both.

They’ll have been proud of you for certain..

K

By *inkyInkedBiWoman  over a year ago

"Allow yourself to grieve, people may say they lived a long life etc as if it softens the blow, it doesn't. Cherish the memories you have of them and talk to others about them even if they never met them. Memories keep those we love alive even if they aren't walking amongst us anymore. X "

Agree, that’s how we keep their memory alive, talk about them

By *stellaWoman  over a year ago

London

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

I'm sorry that I'm struggling for words, this is quite close to home for me.

Our thoughts are with you and your wider family and hope that you are able to get through tomorrow as best as you can.

By *reya73Woman  over a year ago

Whitley Bay

Awww sending blessings and wishing you find comfort in all the inspirations and memories that flow from their lives into yours x

Condolences.

"

Sorry for your loss dancer all I would say is celebrate the life they lived, the moments you shared and what they did to make you the person you are today x

Stirling

"Allow yourself to grieve, people may say they lived a long life etc as if it softens the blow, it doesn't. Cherish the memories you have of them and talk to others about them even if they never met them. Memories keep those we love alive even if they aren't walking amongst us anymore. X "

This is beautiful, thank you lovely xx

You’re a tower of strength and everything I know of your Gran and your Granda is from all you’ve told me in conversations… they both sounded like an amazing couple. funny and straight to the point. But also loving and caring.

They are part of you. They’ve helped mould you into the amazing person you are.

I’ll always be a big shoulder anytime xx

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

I'm sending you so much love and hugs. Go through the emotions you need to and allow yourself time to heal.

Will be thinking of you

Stirling

So much love for you D

You’ll be in my thoughts tomorrow and Friday, I know there’s lots of people on here who’ll feel exactly the same.

Always here to listen xxxxxx"

Thank you darling, you are always so very kind xx

By *yrdsisWoman  over a year ago

Gleam Street

No words of wisdom here at all.. bar my Nana left me 20 years ago.. she's still with me... and I love the legacy she left me.

Dad went in Jan this year.... it doesn't get better, but it does get easier....you just come to terms with what they meant x

So sorry for your losses, Dancer.

I'm not religious but I do believe people live on, not only in our genes but in our memories and all the many ways they shaped our lives and character. They will never truly leave you.x

By *ed VoluptaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral.

Aw, Dancer

Sending you virtual hugs & love.

So sorry for such a big loss xxx

So sorry to hear about your Gran. Grief is never easy and you must give yourself the time and space you need to. I can't say that it will be easy and nothing anyone says can take the pain away and neither do we want too because it is a part of life a transition on Grief is a huge part of any transition

I lost both my parents, my Dad 26 years ago, Mum 5 years ago and I still grieve. Don't put limits on it, grief just is

Much love to you tonight and sending you strength and remember who's Granbaby you are

Stirling

"You’re a tower of strength and everything I know of your Gran and your Granda is from all you’ve told me in conversations… they both sounded like an amazing couple. funny and straight to the point. But also loving and caring.

"

Aww Tom! They really were the best, thank you for your lovely words. This isn’t a thread for sympathy as you know, just a simple thank you to friends like you.

Sending hugs, remember the good times it will help you through. X

Stirling

"So sorry to hear about your Gran. Grief is never easy and you must give yourself the time and space you need to. I can't say that it will be easy and nothing anyone says can take the pain away and neither do we want too because it is a part of life a transition on Grief is a huge part of any transition

I lost both my parents, my Dad 26 years ago, Mum 5 years ago and I still grieve. Don't put limits on it, grief just is

Much love to you tonight and sending you strength and remember who's Granbaby you are "

Aw bless you, such kind words and so very sorry for the loss you have suffered also xx

By *lenderfoxMan  over a year ago

Leeds

Sorry to hear about your less

Stay strong x

I dont know you. I have never talked to you.

But I will be ligthing a candle for you tomorrow. Take care.

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Sending lots of love and hugs and strength to you my lovely friend xxxxxx

Stirling

"I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow. I hope it goes as well as it can. Sending lots of love and hugs "

Thank you, such a sweetheart and always a listening ear, you are a truly beautiful human xx

"You’re a tower of strength and everything I know of your Gran and your Granda is from all you’ve told me in conversations… they both sounded like an amazing couple. funny and straight to the point. But also loving and caring.

Aww Tom! They really were the best, thank you for your lovely words. This isn’t a thread for sympathy as you know, just a simple thank you to friends like you. "

You’re more than welcome, you know that

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

So sorry for your losses

Sending love and strength your way x

Stirling

"I can't offer you much Dancer other than a virtual body to hold and be held by.

It's a cliche but time really is a healer.

Hugs.

Mr"

Thank you, such a wonderful couple with hearts of gold xx

By *ermite12ukMan  over a year ago

Solihull and Brentwood

Time is a great healer.

Stirling

"Such a feeling of loss is a sign of huge love it’s such a tough one. Sorry you’re hurting. Sending love and best wishes to you x "

Aw thank you Saff xx

By *imbobaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

I wish I’d been more attentive and had no idea. Been a bit awol myself but not for such sad reasons.

Loss is always hard. Apart from an amazing but deteriorating uncle I’m the oldest generation left in the family. It’s painful to see them go. But if they’ve been loved and lived their lives they can go in grace and peace.

Thinking of you and yours. You’re welcome to make use of my proximity if I can of help.

Oh Dancer, I'm truly sorry, i can imagine the flood of emotion.. Sending love +strength

By *anky_PankyWoman  over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

I don't know you but sending love anyway....

Give yourself time to grieve as has been said above. Don't hold it in, you need to let it out or can build into other things xx

Stirling

"Sending lots of love and hugs and strength to you my lovely friend xxxxxx"

Thank you darling xx

Stirling

"I'm sorry that I'm struggling for words, this is quite close to home for me.

Our thoughts are with you and your wider family and hope that you are able to get through tomorrow as best as you can. "

xx

Stirling

"So sorry for your loss - I’m sure you’ve got plenty of cherished memories of them both.

They’ll have been proud of you for certain..

K"

Thank you K, such lovely words xx

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

From a fellow Stirling resident (family hail from Torbrex & St Ninians), may I offer my condolences and send all my thoughts at this difficult time.

By *elshkinkyMan  over a year ago

south wales

So sorry to hear of your sad news… take care x

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

The very best to you dancer

Stirling

"I wish I’d been more attentive and had no idea. Been a bit awol myself but not for such sad reasons.

Loss is always hard. Apart from an amazing but deteriorating uncle I’m the oldest generation left in the family. It’s painful to see them go. But if they’ve been loved and lived their lives they can go in grace and peace.

Thinking of you and yours. You’re welcome to make use of my proximity if I can of help. "

Aw Jim, this is lovely! And you weren’t to know, thank you for the lovely words as always x

By *lofeldMan  over a year ago

Redhill

As has been said already, people live on in your heart, little things they said or did come back to you all the time.

They are never totally gone because they are always with you.

Stirling

"Awww D I’m so sorry to hear that my thoughts are with you xx"

Thank you always such a lovely person xx

Sending love xx

By *hunky GentMan  over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

Dancer - sending you a special Chunky hug. Xx

Stirling

"Oh Dancer, I'm truly sorry, i can imagine the flood of emotion.. Sending love +strength "

Thank you lovely x

Stirling

"I dont know you. I have never talked to you.

But I will be ligthing a candle for you tomorrow. Take care. "

Aw this is lovely, thank you, what a kind gesture xx

By *ikAshCouple  over a year ago

London

I’m so sorry for your loss… It’s awful when you lose loved ones. May your wonderful memories give you strength.

I lost my dad 33 years ago, and I still miss him. It will take time, but be kind to yourself and take as long as you need to grieve.

Sending hugs xxx

Stirling

"Sending you lots and lots of hugs!! X stay strong doll x x "

Thank you sweetheart xx

Stirling

"I'm sending you so much love and hugs. Go through the emotions you need to and allow yourself time to heal.

Will be thinking of you

"

Thank you lovely xx

By *inAndTonic21Couple  over a year ago

Merseyside

Sorry to hear this xx

My deepest sympathies to you and your family. I’m so sorry for your loss.

So sorry for your losses. That always feels so utterly inadequate but it’s what we say.

I lost my dad a couple of weeks ago and lots of people said that to me too. I was comforted to hear people cared though, so that’s what I’m doing; telling you I care that you’re hurting

Stirling

"So sorry for your losses. That always feels so utterly inadequate but it’s what we say.

I lost my dad a couple of weeks ago and lots of people said that to me too. I was comforted to hear people cared though, so that’s what I’m doing; telling you I care that you’re hurting "

Thank you and so very sorry for your loss also xx

So sorry to hear that. Good to see you check in though…

My advice…. Smile. Remember that that’s the thing she will have loved. When it feels raw. Exhale deeply and smile. I lost my very own 5foot nothing gran a few years ago. It genuinely works x

#hug

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

So sorry to hear, OP. I lost a vey good friend far too soon last week. Funeral is Friday and will be bloody hard. You have my support and my sympathy.

By *ookie46Woman  over a year ago

Deepest darkest Peru

This quote really resonated with me after the loss of my grandson

Grief I’ve learned

Is really just love.

It’s all the love you want to give but cannot

All that unspent love gathers up in the corner of your eyes

The lump in your throat and in that hollow part of your chest

Grief is just love, with no place to go.

By *gent CoulsonMan  over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

I know we haven't had much interaction, but my thoughts will be with you tomorrow and Friday.

I am always available if you want to blow off some steam.

By *orraine999Woman  over a year ago

Somewhere

Dancer I am so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you.

Just remember, they will live on in your memories of them and live forever in your heart.

I’m sending you a big hug.

By *otSoPoshWoman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

Sending you love OP. It was 6 years since I lost my Nan last Friday and it still gets me. It does get easier. You learn to deal with the loss but it doesn’t leave you.

She will be watching over you. xx

By *imbobaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"

This quote really resonated with me after the loss of my grandson

Grief I’ve learned

Is really just love.

It’s all the love you want to give but cannot

All that unspent love gathers up in the corner of your eyes

The lump in your throat and in that hollow part of your chest

Grief is just love, with no place to go.

"

Touched that hollow part of me and made me cry. Some are taken so young. Feel for you.

Now let’s all try and turn that upside down smile the right way up. Yeah?

Or we can do our best. Love to all. x

x x

By *estcountryDadBodMan  over a year ago

Exeter

So sorry to hear this Dancer. Thinking of you and your family at this difficult time.

Love and hugs xxx

Sorry for your loss Dancer x

Everyone deals with grief differently and it will hurt at times. I always try to remember the happy memories of times gone by xx

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

It’s really hard to know what to say but, sending hugs and thoughts. Cherish all those fond memories you have of her x

I'm not going to say I know how you feel because as it's been stated before everyone deals with grief differently there's no way of ever knowing how people really feel.

I lost my Nan 2 years ago and it took me a very long time to feel better. She was an amazing lady and a huge part of my life. There's a song that still brings a tear to my eyes. Little personal things that remind of her. The only advice I would maybe suggest is that you let it out, grieve but most importantly and I wish I would have done this, try not to push people away and cherish the happy memories you had with them both.

I am so sorry for your loss xx

Thinking of you, so sorry for your loss xxx

By *nked rascalMan  over a year ago

Burton on Trent

Morning D, tough day, and tough week for you , I count myself lucky enough to know you better than most here, so I know how much you’ve been through. Today is going to be emotional but you have a big family for support, and folk on here thinking of you. Remember the good memories and I’m sure there’ll be lots of reminiscing today that will no doubt put a smile on your face, and have you laughing at the many stories you’ll be hearing.

Thinking of you today, and sending big hugs your way xx

Morning. Thinking of you today.

Take comfort that they will be together again soon

When I lost my mum. I was and still am devastated.

Grief is like an ocean it comes in waves. You will

Have some good days and some bad days.

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

Stirling

"Morning D, tough day, and tough week for you , I count myself lucky enough to know you better than most here, so I know how much you’ve been through. Today is going to be emotional but you have a big family for support, and folk on here thinking of you. Remember the good memories and I’m sure there’ll be lots of reminiscing today that will no doubt put a smile on your face, and have you laughing at the many stories you’ll be hearing.

Thinking of you today, and sending big hugs your way xx"

Aw thank you , you have been a absolute rock this last week xxxxx

Oh lovely I'm so sorry to read this. Chin up beautiful

Burton on Trent

"Morning D, tough day, and tough week for you , I count myself lucky enough to know you better than most here, so I know how much you’ve been through. Today is going to be emotional but you have a big family for support, and folk on here thinking of you. Remember the good memories and I’m sure there’ll be lots of reminiscing today that will no doubt put a smile on your face, and have you laughing at the many stories you’ll be hearing.

Aw thank you , you have been a absolute rock this last week xxxxx"

XxxX

Thinking of you today, and sending big hugs your way xx"

That's really lovely xx

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

We haven’t really crossed paths much here but I am sorry to hear of your loss of two important people in your life. I lost my Dad a few weeks back, my first close family loss so it has been difficult to adjust to such a sudden departure. We assume our loved ones time is eternal until such time they are taken from us ….. always too soon

“ those we love don’t go away, they walk beside us everyday. Unseen, unheard, but always near. Still loved, still missed and very dear”

"We haven’t really crossed paths much here but I am sorry to hear of your loss of two important people in your life. I lost my Dad a few weeks back, my first close family loss so it has been difficult to adjust to such a sudden departure. We assume our loved ones time is eternal until such time they are taken from us ….. always too soon

“ those we love don’t go away, they walk beside us everyday. Unseen, unheard, but always near. Still loved, still missed and very dear” "

So true.

Burton on Trent

That's really lovely xx"

Aww, thank you…xx

Stirling

"We haven’t really crossed paths much here but I am sorry to hear of your loss of two important people in your life. I lost my Dad a few weeks back, my first close family loss so it has been difficult to adjust to such a sudden departure. We assume our loved ones time is eternal until such time they are taken from us ….. always too soon

“ those we love don’t go away, they walk beside us everyday. Unseen, unheard, but always near. Still loved, still missed and very dear” "

xxx

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Truly sorry to hear of the loss of your grandparents, sending you our hugs x They maybe no longer here in your presence but for those you hold so dear they will forever be in your heart, the memory’s you have of them will bring you great comfort in time xx

Stirling

Thank you all so much, such genuinely nice people and heartfelt comments. xxx

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

So sorry for your loss, you must feel heartbroken right now.

It is very true that time eases the pain, hold on to your memories and remember them with a smile. Your grandparents would not want you feeling sad so keep on smiling each day as they would want you to.

Look after yourself x

I'm so sorry for your loss, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this terrible time. Grieve, mourn and miss them. The pain will lessen in time but try to celebrate their lives and the lessons/advice that they imparted to you. Sending Big virtual Hugs to you xx

By *ecky and justCouple  over a year ago

Godalming

“Grief is love. For without love there is no grief”

Can’t remember where the quote comes from but it’s got me through some tough times. It’s ok to grieve.

Take care.

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Alls I can say is try to stay strong

Xxxx

My thoughts are with you xxxxx

By *tarflyLouWoman  over a year ago

Preston

Sending love, hope all goes as ok as these things can xx

By *olarbear73Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

My condolences Dancer - Hugs PBx

My condolences at this very difficult time with the loss of your grandparents.

My prayers tonight will be for you n your family ??

I don’t think anyone can advise on how to cope with the loss of a loved one as we all cope with emotions differently, I lost my dad 29 months ago and there’s not a day I don’t think of him, I talk to him a lot, and regularly shed a tear for him, he left such a whole in day to day life, I still have his number in my phone… these words are wrote on my dads grave and I bring strength from them…

“Death is a memory no one can heal, Love is a memory no one can steal”

Be positive, make your grandparents proud … sending lots of love and encouragement your way xx

By *he_Wite_NiteMan  over a year ago

Usually Dundee and around

Dancer,

So sorry to read this.

Nothing really can be said, but sending you big warm hugs!

May the rest, and reflect on all they saw, experienced and achieved in the years they had!

By *he_Wite_NiteMan  over a year ago

Usually Dundee and around

[Removed by poster at 19/10/21 14:48:20]

By *mTheMrJMan  over a year ago

Barry

"

Sorry for your loss, my condolences to you and your family

By *nliveneTV/TS  over a year ago

Selby

» Add a new message to this topic