FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Merseyside pride

Merseyside pride

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *els_Bells OP   Woman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

A massive thanks to EFC last night for showing us that merseryside is one city.

It was a moving tribute from the Toffees last night.

The two young mascots wore an EFC shirt and the other wore a LFC shirt, one had 9 on the back, the other had 6.

They didnt play You'll Never Walk Alone as some expected, but they did play He Aint Heavy by the Hollies.

Very moving, thank you x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ashful BazMan  over a year ago

poole dorset

Very nice gesture indeed.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Why can't Man Ure be more grown up about this ?

Well done to the Toffees

"Why can't Man Ure be more grown up about this ?

Well done to the Toffees "

Hopefully both teams will be more mature about it on sunday.

Enough is enough. Disgusts me any chants about any teams loss.

"Why can't Man Ure be more grown up about this ?

Well done to the Toffees

Hopefully both teams will be more mature about it on sunday.

Enough is enough. Disgusts me any chants about any teams loss."

In a crowd of 50,000 to 75,000 you will always get an element of disrespectful people, who see a 'joke' or an insult where there isn't need for one.

I don't think that can be pinned to reflect an entire club of supporters.

How the clubs manage, steward and police such behaviour should remain paramount.

In addition, I think a greater deal of the disrespect that is thrown about is manifested via online fans forums (both official and unofficial) where people (to a degree) can hide behind a cloak of anonymity.

The rivalry between some clubs is so deep rooted in culture that I don't honestly see the disrespect ending - it will merely be stifled.

Some of the die hard Man Utd fans I know won't fly out of Liverpool airport or Leeds airport because their footballing loyalties won't see them in either city.

How do you deal with a level of fanaticism that goes to such depths ?

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

By *kmale421Man  over a year ago

wirral

I watched this last night live on Sky and I have to say massive thanks to Everton FC and everyone connected to the club in the way this sensitive topic was handled, and for that matter thanks to Newcastle United too for their part in last night aswell.

It's been moving watching football grounds around the country over the weekend from the biggest to the smallest pay thier own tribute to The 96 because most people know that but for the Grace of God it could have been their club, their relatives, thier friends involved in Hillsborough. The only exception has been some of the "fans" of Manchester United, though Alex Fergusons comments before and after the match plus the comments made by the official Man U press room have been noted and respected. In the end those that sang at Old Trafford on Saturday simply made themselves and thier club look small minded people and out of touch with the rest of the world.

After the disaster Everton at Goodison was the first competitive match for Liverpool and we had a nil nil draw. Before the game there was a flag paraded around the ground which read LFC thank EFC. The week after the disaster on the Saturday afternoon there was a mile of scarves mainly LFC & EFC but some other clubs too which physically tied the two grounds together at 3.06pm on 22/04/89.

And ofcourse, LFC won the rematch and played EFC in the 1989 cup final. We tied red, white and black ribbons to our car for the journey south and many LFC & EFC fans wore black armbands that day. It was an erie atmosphere for a cup final, all very respectful and thankful and even after the game kicked off it remained surprisingly quiet even if LFC did score just 3 minutes into the game. The game itself didn't come to life until almost full time when an Evertonian ran onto the pitch remonstrating with his players, and almost instantly EFC equalised, before LFC went onto win 3 goals to 2 in extra time.

In truth EFC are and always will be our brothers (and sisters), we might fall out with them often and not wish them the best of luck in their sporting achievements, but deep down we always respect EFC and everything that is Everton and last night Everton truely showed their class, whether it was the 96 on the training tops, the 96 on the ball boys, the two child mascots one in LFC kit, one in EFC kit sharing the 96 between their shirts, the moving song and video montage timed to ensure that it was covered by Sky and the applause from the whole ground, heck I almost wanted EFC to win last night, but I'm glad they only drew....

Merseyside United, that does it for me.

As an Everton Fan i was impressed, touched and moved by what we did prior to kick off, and I just hope it sent a message that all should heed that no matter the rivalry we should always show respect for others!

The Peoples Club showing the people how to act! Hopefully others take note!

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Bump

By *win PeaksCouple  over a year ago

Northamptonshire

Maybe, just maybe, the football world learnt something last night.

That could have been any of us in '89.

Dave the Gooner.

" In addition, I think a greater deal of the disrespect that is thrown about is manifested via online fans forums (both official and unofficial) where people (to a degree) can hide behind a cloak of anonymity.

The rivalry between some clubs is so deep rooted in culture that I don't honestly see the disrespect ending - it will merely be stifled.

Some of the die hard Man Utd fans I know won't fly out of Liverpool airport or Leeds airport because their footballing loyalties won't see them in either city.

How do you deal with a level of fanaticism that goes to such depths ?"

I know what you mean Bussy. I occasionally look on the lfc forums for any transfer gossip and seeing some of the messages/posts on there make me ashamed of being a football fan! Hearing about signs put on the m62, (a few years ago) some in liverpool and some in manchester about disasters makes feel physically ill.

My friends ex tells his kids (aged 14, 6 and 4) that Everton fans stink, and they arent allowed blue this that and the other (ok mainly it is due to him enjoying winding his ex bro n law up) but I get the 4 year old saying "your car stinks cos its an evertonian!" (Im a liverpool fan, I just like blue!) Or "im not allowed to wear blue cos it will make me smell" and so on, trivial I know, but getting taught about club rivalry is one thing, to start trying to brain wash your kids is another.

I tell the kids not to be so silly, and that just because you support one team doesnt mean you can not be friends and so on with someone who supports another.

I grew up when Merseyside Derbys were made into big family events, blues and reds sat side by side no problems.

(well no major ones!)

My son will be and is taught that he can support whom ever he likes , if he even likes football. Yes, it will upset me a tiny little bit (for about 5 minutes) if he becomes an Evertonian or Man U fan, but I wont allow it to be more than banter.

I will always be a Liverpool fan, but hope to be one who is not blinkered by the colour of my football shirt.

Unconfirmed reports on twitter this morning are saying that liverpool and manchester united will release 96 red balloons before the game on sunday.

Three support groups -the Hillsborough Family Support Group, the Hillsborough Justice Campaign and Hope for Hillsborough -will be present at the fixture and a mosaic will be displayed on three sides of Anfield before kick-off. The Kop, behind one goal, will display the words 'The Truth', the Anfield Road End opposite will show the number '96' and the Centenary Stand, facing the players' tunnel, will read 'Justice'.

By *kmale421Man  over a year ago

wirral

"Unconfirmed reports on twitter this morning are saying that liverpool and manchester united will release 96 red balloons before the game on sunday.

Three support groups -the Hillsborough Family Support Group, the Hillsborough Justice Campaign and Hope for Hillsborough -will be present at the fixture and a mosaic will be displayed on three sides of Anfield before kick-off. The Kop, behind one goal, will display the words 'The Truth', the Anfield Road End opposite will show the number '96' and the Centenary Stand, facing the players' tunnel, will read 'Justice'."

I can confirm that that is happening. The mosaics are being laid out by volunteers on Saturday and is in part being organised by Spirit of Shankly Union.

» Add a new message to this topic