FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Baby Eaten

Baby Eaten

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *yron69 OP   Man  over a year ago

Fareham

Elephant that is by hungry lions (BBC Natural World).

The herd was too tired from lack of water to intervene. A rare event.

Do you remember as a kid thinking why didn’t the cameraman save it? Being too young to understand.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I ALWAYS thought that about the cameraman when watching these programmes. The argument of not being able to interfere with nature just seemed too cruel to me. And even when I watched the old episodes of Tarzan, I rooted for the crocodiles he was wrestling with

Suffice to say, I liked animals more than people as a child. Thankfully I’ve balanced it out more as an adult!

Fareham

"I ALWAYS thought that about the cameraman when watching these programmes. The argument of not being able to interfere with nature just seemed too cruel to me. And even when I watched the old episodes of Tarzan, I rooted for the crocodiles he was wrestling with

Suffice to say, I liked animals more than people as a child. Thankfully I’ve balanced it out more as an adult!"

Of course not eating the elephant means dead baby lions for sure.

I’m still struggling with watching a wild dog taken by crocs and then rolled over in a muddy frenzy.

As a human I’d last 5 mins out there. My body viewed as food only.

"I ALWAYS thought that about the cameraman when watching these programmes. The argument of not being able to interfere with nature just seemed too cruel to me. And even when I watched the old episodes of Tarzan, I rooted for the crocodiles he was wrestling with

Suffice to say, I liked animals more than people as a child. Thankfully I’ve balanced it out more as an adult!"

Animals are often much better than people. !!

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

When it comes to predator vs prey as hard as it is to watch, I think not interfering is the right thing. Its life and death for both.

In other cases, it should be on a case by case basis. The camera crew for example that saved the group of penguins when the penguins got stuck in an icy/snow ditch. I'm all for that... Although it is still nature's way.

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

Suffice to say, I liked animals more than people as a child. Thankfully I’ve balanced it out more as an adult!

Animals are often much better than people. !! "

Not entirely. Well they are yes, because humans are vile parasites overall. "we" go out of our way to harm.

However what we often may view as animals being "better" than us is just what we think we want to see.

Hippos! They are often seen saving other animals from being eaten by crocs. Majority of this is because Hippos are greatly territorial and highly aggressive. They attack the Croc and the prey if both are still within range. If the prey gets away it is almost likely injured and going to die a prolonged painful death.

Perspective!

It's certainly not fluffy David Attenborough stuff lol brutal

Fareham

"It's certainly not fluffy David Attenborough stuff lol brutal "

Indeed they are now leaping into full grown ones. Desperation.

Humans are predators too, we just don't usually watch as our prey is killed

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

It's all part of nature, and has been happening for millennia.

Fareham

"Humans are predators too, we just don't usually watch as our prey is killed"

Indeed we don’t. I’m examining empathy for other species.

By *isspurplechesterWoman  over a year ago

Chester

I can’t watch animal programmes at all! I’m not good dealing with the death side, makes me so sad!

"I can’t watch animal programmes at all! I’m not good dealing with the death side, makes me so sad! "

You certainly don't want to see the 1 that's just been on

» Add a new message to this topic