FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Keeping in shape

Keeping in shape

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *etalThrashingmad OP   Man  over a year ago

Nottingham

I'm going to try and trim up for next year. What's everyone doing exercise/diet wise? (if you're inclined)

I lift for strength but my diet is bad

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

I have a physical job and walk alot.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I balance out my food and beer quite well to get my figure

By *91kMan  over a year ago

Maidstone

"I'm going to try and trim up for next year. What's everyone doing exercise/diet wise? (if you're inclined)

I lift for strength but my diet is bad "

The first stage is deciding on a goal, good for you OP! With the right level of patience and consistency you'll achieve it too

Nottingham

That's exactly my problem, toned arms/shoulders but a tum! Do you tend to premake stuff? I think my lack of discipline is down to lack of preparation

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Lift and calorie deficit currently 2 stone down

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

I'm in shape ...

Well I'm a shape anyway

Nottingham

Wow good work!

I'll just be having more sex

By *hroatQueen_CATV/TS  over a year ago

Carlisle

"I'll just be having more sex

"

You mean Sexercise? Hahaha

Nottingham

"

Right there it is I know what I'm going to do

You mean Sexercise? Hahaha "

Precisely

Right there it is I know what I'm going to do "

I'm glad it's spreading. Legs and ideas.

By *hroatQueen_CATV/TS  over a year ago

Carlisle

You mean Sexercise? Hahaha

Precisely "

Hahaha

By *rad670Man  over a year ago

South Lakes

"I'm going to try and trim up for next year. What's everyone doing exercise/diet wise? (if you're inclined)

My work is generally active but on the days I feel I've not been active I train at home with a bench and free weights, diet wise not total strict but I eat a lot more protein than carbs and try to eat only complex carbs and wholemeal breads etc. difficult to shift the belly in your fifties but perseverance will hopefully work eventually. Do it over a long time as there are no real quick fixes.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm in shape ...

Well I'm a shape anyway "

Decide what you want to improve. Diet will always help - good food without too much junk or alcohol. Once you know what you want to improve it's amazing what detail you can fond on Google or Youtube to show you things you can do at home. I like to run, do a few press-ups / sit ups most days and gym once a week.

By *eardybobMan  over a year ago

the Goldilocks Zone

[Removed by poster at 16/10/21 14:03:33]

the Goldilocks Zone

Rowing for me as I can't run since foot surgery. Mix of sprint interval and long distance sessions interspersed with heavy resistance training for fat burning at the mo.

Usually medium intensity resistance for maintenence. 

You can transform your body in 3 months if you focus. I rarely believe people are clueless what they need to do.

Just be consistent on your exercise and fix your diet. And hold yourself accountable for being fat.

By *ickshawedCouple  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

We both eat relatively well but still have treats.

Husband did put on a stone during lockdown (he blamed my baking) but lost it all once the gyms reopened and he could take his boxing classes again. He loves them and only gets a black eye occasionally.

I never exercise or diet. But as we don't have a car and do have 3 small children a lot of energy gets used on them and cycling places. But I wouldn't recommend having young children just for the exercise opportunities - there's cheaper ways to lose weight

Nottingham

"You can transform your body in 3 months if you focus. I rarely believe people are clueless what they need to do.

Just be consistent on your exercise and fix your diet. And hold yourself accountable for being fat."

3 months! That's a challenge right there

By *moothstaffspeepsCouple  over a year ago

Stafford

70% diet and lift as much as you as well as Cardio. A decent weight regime but focus on compound exercises they burn lots of calories

Nottingham

"But I wouldn't recommend having young children just for the exercise opportunities - there's cheaper ways to lose weight "

Yeah I heard they are high calories

the Goldilocks Zone

"You can transform your body in 3 months if you focus. I rarely believe people are clueless what they need to do.

Just be consistent on your exercise and fix your diet. And hold yourself accountable for being fat."

Just my opinion, but that feels like a totally unfair generalisation - not jumping down your throat, but it's never cool to fat-shame dude.

I agree totally that it is usually possible to see great results in 3 months of determined and focussed work, but there are a shed load of reasons why it might not be physiologically possible to get gym bunny fit... just my 2 cents

Make better food choices. Get back into walking (I've been drowning with my work load and not had the time. I know, a poor excuse). Have lots more sex in positions that I have to do the bulk of the work.

Offer bonus points for the first one to say ‘can’t out train a bad diet’

Weight lose is calorie deficient

If you’re fat, you eat too much (there’s very few who have true hormone /thyroid issues).

Just be consistent on your exercise and fix your diet. And hold yourself accountable for being fat.

Just my opinion, but that feels like a totally unfair generalisation - not jumping down your throat, but it's never cool to fat-shame dude.

I agree totally that it is usually possible to see great results in 3 months of determined and focussed work, but there are a shed load of reasons why it might not be physiologically possible to get gym bunny fit... just my 2 cents"

I don’t see this as fat shaming. Simply stating the truth. People have to hold themselves accountable for change. It’s the difference between failure and success. You don’t need a gym to lose weight only calorie deficient.

Calorie count using fitness pal just to educate yourself. Its amazing how shit adds up in a day. And how portion size matters. After that ul be in tune and can stop counting. Running aswell, greatest thing in the world

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Lucky to have always been physically fit and was an athlete for many years. These days do cardo four days a week and light weight once a week just to keep in some sort of shape.

By *otSoPoshWoman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

I agree totally that it is usually possible to see great results in 3 months of determined and focussed work, but there are a shed load of reasons why it might not be physiologically possible to get gym bunny fit... just my 2 cents

I don’t see this as fat shaming. Simply stating the truth. People have to hold themselves accountable for change. It’s the difference between failure and success. You don’t need a gym to lose weight only calorie deficient. "

That's yet another fat shaming sweeping statement. If it were entirely true, I'd be the size of a damn twig.

By *eyond PurityCouple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

Eating clean has shifted the weight I thought I’d never lose again! Within a month I’ve dropped a whole waist size.

C is on a V shred diet plan and I’ve just taken some of the recipes and making those. Basically cutting out a lot of carbs, but still good portions of food to keep the energy up.

For example, yesterday I had porridge (made with almond milk) for breakfast, with cinnamon, walnuts, linseed, banana…lunch was homemade turkey burgers (mince, onions, garlic and coriander) wrapped in lettuce leaves.

Dinner was steak with sweet potato

It’s just changing foods around to make them healthier…and cooking it from scratch so you know what’s going into your food. A lot of spice, to fire the metabolism.

K

By *urvySub87Woman  over a year ago

Near Wellingborough

I'm too lazy to exercise, other than walking the dog. I like the 3&5 diet. So basically I can eat as much as I like but the food had to have less than 3% fat and less than 5% sugar. There's a little bit more to it regarding fruit and veg but otherwise it's easy to follow and the weight drops off

I’m on a low carb diet and it’s considered carbs is sugar and sugar is well sugar. What’s your thoughts on carbs?

"I'm too lazy to exercise, other than walking the dog. I like the 3&5 diet. So basically I can eat as much as I like but the food had to have less than 3% fat and less than 5% sugar. There's a little bit more to it regarding fruit and veg but otherwise it's easy to follow and the weight drops off "

I’ve found my ketogenic diet has helped me drop a lot of weight, reduce inflammation and controlled my diabetic sugar levels.

Moving my energy source from glucose (carbs and sugar) fo fats has means I’m actually in a healthier state.

Currently circuits x3 a week and started CrossFit!

Exercise does wonders for the whirlwind in my brain!

» Add a new message to this topic