FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > David Amess

David Amess

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lenderfox OP   Man  over a year ago

Leeds

Absolutely shocking news, after what happened to Jo Cox in recent memory as well

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *indergirlWoman  over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

He's my old MP and was a patient in my old practice, I used to live across the road from him

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Awful.

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

Horrific news.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Saddened to hear he has died.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Never heard of him or Jo Cox before their deaths. What an awful world where your life is taken for no reason at all: sad day.

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

It's truly saddening and awful

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just grim isn’t it, the motivation to murder anyone, and him specifically, is completely lost on me. Sad sad news.

By *r Discreet 75Man  over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

Really sad news nobody deserves that no matter what your political persuasion we can all agree and disagree in politics that's what makes it a democracy just a few loons take it to far

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Very sad just such a waste.

By *iltopbearMan  over a year ago

Norfolk

Shocking and very sad.

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

Truly shocking

It's absolutely devastating.

Its horrendous.

Horrific inhumane act.

Prayers and thoughts go out to his family.

Soul R.I.P.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Utterly appalling.

Leeds

There was a tweet from a former staff member of an MP saying they quit the job because they couldn't cope with the 50+ death threats they received per week

There needs to be a big shift in how we deal with all of this

By *elloIntrigueMan  over a year ago

North West UK

Truly awful news. No one should go to work and not come home. Thoughts with his family and friends.

"There was a tweet from a former staff member of an MP saying they quit the job because they couldn't cope with the 50+ death threats they received per week

There needs to be a big shift in how we deal with all of this"

That's really shocking

"There was a tweet from a former staff member of an MP saying they quit the job because they couldn't cope with the 50+ death threats they received per week

By *eading beddingMan  over a year ago

Berks

Gutless to attack him, especially while holding a surgery for his constituents.

Only this year he asked what could be done about knife crime in PMQs following a senseless murder in his constituency.

The only way to address this is for their party to provide them with a secure facility to hold constituency clinics or an armed protection team. Don't hold your breath. Most MP's wouldn't want to work like that, they need to be accessible to do the job.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Sad news..

Leeds

The only way to address this is for their party to provide them with a secure facility to hold constituency clinics or an armed protection team. Don't hold your breath. Most MP's wouldn't want to work like that, they need to be accessible to do the job."

I do think it's crazy they don't have security at constituency clinics, even after Jo Cox

The only way to address this is for their party to provide them with a secure facility to hold constituency clinics or an armed protection team. Don't hold your breath. Most MP's wouldn't want to work like that, they need to be accessible to do the job.

I do think it's crazy they don't have security at constituency clinics, even after Jo Cox"

It would be like going to the post office. Most don't want that..

Leeds

I do think it's crazy they don't have security at constituency clinics, even after Jo Cox

It would be like going to the post office. Most don't want that.."

Sorry, I don't understand that analogy?

Also MP Steven Timms was attacked and badly wounded at his constituency surgery in 2010. Very lucky to survive.

Nigel Jones MP was also badly injured in 2000 and his friend died trying to protect him from the attacker.

Sorry, I don't understand that analogy?"

They could be behind a security screen. whilst effective for safety, they are a bar to effective communication.

Leeds

They could be behind a security screen. whilst effective for safety, they are a bar to effective communication."

Ah, I was thinking more having actual security staff there rather than screens

They could be behind a security screen. whilst effective for safety, they are a bar to effective communication.

Ah, I was thinking more having actual security staff there rather than screens"

That's the other other option but then you have issues with talking freely and confidentiality, plus they can't be armed.

A terrible event. Politically not our cup of tea, but an MP who cared passionately about his constituency...this is just plain wrong in a democracy and feel sad tonight because of it

I do think it's crazy they don't have security at constituency clinics, even after Jo Cox"

There is the option but most Don't want it.

» Add a new message to this topic