FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Being called brave just for losing weight !!

Being called brave just for losing weight !!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

A rant on Georgia Davis !! Why are they calling her BRAVE just because she has lost 9 1/2st. Brave is battling cancer or fighting the unknown !!!! It makes me so angry when we have already paid for her to go to boot camp in the us and then she came back and put the weight back on and more. Demolishing her house at the age of 19 and 52st should have shamed her enough to diet.... She is soon to be released from hospital because she is doing so well, i bet within 3 months she is back to where she started and we will be paying once again to help. Smokers are often told that if they can't help them selves then nothing can be done, so why can't it be the same with Georgia and others in her situation. I used to be big and was a size 20 at the my biggest i worked bloody hard to get it down to a size 10 and get fit and i am still fighting it now to stay in control, but i am doing it all myself...... (Perky)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No I would go with that brave is the wrong word. Determined, ambitious or intelligent would be better words and possibly many others but its not really brave.

"No I would go with that brave is the wrong word. Determined, ambitious or intelligent would be better words and possibly many others but its not really brave. "

Intelligent??? Who?? Her? No! Her parents?? No! Her doctors eventually?? Erm yea

reminds me of a woman at work, got the all clear for her lung cancer and then started smoking again. Its infuriating seeing her outside puffing away when i go for my lunch.

"No I would go with that brave is the wrong word. Determined, ambitious or intelligent would be better words and possibly many others but its not really brave.

Intelligent??? Who?? Her? No! Her parents?? No! Her doctors eventually?? Erm yea "

By *am sampsonMan  over a year ago

cwmbran

Hard to say whether brave is right or wrong in this context but you don't get to be that size without there being some underlying illness or addiction if you wish. Like drugs and alcahol she knows it will/can kill her just the same as cancer.

Nah not brave... I don't just blame her though... When she was bed ridden, someone was feeding her.....

» Add a new message to this topic