FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > How successful would the male half of couples be on a singles profile?

How successful would the male half of couples be on a singles profile?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *agpie and Raven OP   Man  over a year ago

Leicester

Last night I was reading a thread in Swingers Chat and the male half of a MF couple was getting into it with the OP who was a single male. The gist of the argument isn't important but what the OP said to the male half made me literally laugh out loud. It was "people only message you because you got a girlfriend lol they probably ain’t interested in you my friend".

So, for the male half of MF couples, how do you think you'd do on a single male profile? Do you think single women or MF couples would be interested in you without your other halves? Were you a single male on here before you got with your partner and how does it compare to now?

Frank

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

As successful as the rest of us!

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

From a single ladies point of view, I only chat to and meet single Gents. If they were part of couple I wouldn't be interested. I'm not bi and wouldn't be interested in meeting them both. Single guys tend to be less complicated and no complicated emotional attachments etc.

So being part of a couple will attract some people and put off some people !

Probably a bit more successful than single men

As you have a couples profile if you state your couples profile people can reprive back to that to see what your like

Little less successful than your couples profile in terms off overall meets

As if your not looking for men

Leicester

"From a single ladies point of view, I only chat to and meet single Gents. If they were part of couple I wouldn't be interested. I'm not bi and wouldn't be interested in meeting them both. Single guys tend to be less complicated and no complicated emotional attachments etc.

So being part of a couple will attract some people and put off some people ! "

Thanks for answering, but a single female's experience on Fab, interest wise, does not compare to that of a single male, hence the reason I specifically asked for responses from male halves of couples

Leicester

"Probably a bit more successful than single men

As you have a couples profile if you state your couples profile people can reprive back to that to see what your like

"

Again, Natalie, thanks for your input but I'm looking for male responses from MF couples profiles. I acknowledge this could be a very short thread

"Probably a bit more successful than single men

Again, Natalie, thanks for your input but I'm looking for male responses from MF couples profiles. I acknowledge this could be a very short thread "

Your welcome

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

I was on here as a single male before we met and seemed to do ok, i think the op of that post admitted was he couldnt get a single female so chose a couple as a easy way of getting a shag.

T

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

"From a single ladies point of view, I only chat to and meet single Gents. If they were part of couple I wouldn't be interested. I'm not bi and wouldn't be interested in meeting them both. Single guys tend to be less complicated and no complicated emotional attachments etc.

So being part of a couple will attract some people and put off some people !

Thanks for answering, but a single female's experience on Fab, interest wise, does not compare to that of a single male, hence the reason I specifically asked for responses from male halves of couples "

I thought my comment was relevant to the discussion. I was not talking about if I got interest. Hope you get lots of responses from the precise people you are asking to reply.

By *ose and her beastCouple  over a year ago

Watford

"Last night I was reading a thread in Swingers Chat and the male half of a MF couple was getting into it with the OP who was a single male. The gist of the argument isn't important but what the OP said to the male half made me literally laugh out loud. It was "people only message you because you got a girlfriend lol they probably ain’t interested in you my friend".

So, for the male half of MF couples, how do you think you'd do on a single male profile? Do you think single women or MF couples would be interested in you without your other halves? Were you a single male on here before you got with your partner and how does it compare to now?

Frank"

Thanks for attacking me and I don't think id do very well because I don't consider being solo ever me and khaos are in this together and I'm very secure in myself I don't understand why people don't seem to understand we come as a pair of you don't like both of us that's your right too the people we have met from here have all been lovely unfortunately some of you just seem to be mean for the sake of being mean the person on that thread deserved everything that was said to him he was rude arrogant and exactly what this site doesn't need maybe rather than make a thread that's attacking me you could have just messaged privately I have been in a relationship with khaos for 10 years I suggested swinging and we enjoy the lifestyle but since the pandemic this site has become worse than some of the dating apps

By *mma29Couple  over a year ago

wirral

I don't see why women can't respond to the question asked, especially as we're the ones picking in the scenario...my fella's hot and funny. As a woman if I were single on here I would meet him. I reckon I've got good taste so I think he'd do well for a single guy. We always get messages complimenting his dick

By *an4funMan  over a year ago

london

"...my fella's hot and funny. As a woman if I were single on here I would meet him"

Well I never

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

I started out swinging as a single male but I wouldn't touch this site with a bargepole the way single guys are treated here. That and the way some of them operate would be embarrassing.

By *mma29Couple  over a year ago

wirral

"...my fella's hot and funny. As a woman if I were single on here I would meet him

Well I never "

I know him and I'd meet him all over again so he must be good haha

I used to be a single male on here.

My question is how do you measure success? As a couples profile we get far more views and unsolicited messages, (as was pointed out in the OP) many of them are aimed directly at the female half and completely ignore the fact that we are a couple.

So if interest/recieved messages is a measure of success then yes, I have been more successful as a couple.

However, as a couple we have an active sex life and meets are few and far between, a little extra spice for us. As a single, the people I met on here were my sex life and meets were far more frequent. We both met more people as singles than we do as a couple and contrary to popular belief I (single male) had no issues finding people who wanted to meet. My experience was absolutely different to hers, she never ever sent a first message for instance but it really isn't that hard to meet people.

The biggest mistake people make in contacting us is displaying that their interest is purely selfish. Even the few who have read our profile and try to demonstrate how perfectly they fit our requirements invariably do so in a way that shows they are not really interested in what we want beyond the minimum level required to get a shag. It is incredibly rare to get a message that says any potential meet is viewed as something mutual. This is often nothing to do with what is explicitly said but more what is subtly implied by word choice.

Mr

"Last night I was reading a thread in Swingers Chat and the male half of a MF couple was getting into it with the OP who was a single male. The gist of the argument isn't important but what the OP said to the male half made me literally laugh out loud. It was "people only message you because you got a girlfriend lol they probably ain’t interested in you my friend".

Frank

Thanks for attacking me and I don't think id do very well because I don't consider being solo ever me and khaos are in this together and I'm very secure in myself I don't understand why people don't seem to understand we come as a pair of you don't like both of us that's your right too the people we have met from here have all been lovely unfortunately some of you just seem to be mean for the sake of being mean the person on that thread deserved everything that was said to him he was rude arrogant and exactly what this site doesn't need maybe rather than make a thread that's attacking me you could have just messaged privately I have been in a relationship with khaos for 10 years I suggested swinging and we enjoy the lifestyle but since the pandemic this site has become worse than some of the dating apps "

Didn't read it as an attack of couples (assuming you're the couple on the thread the OP referenced) this thread is about what the single guy on that thread said - whoever he is.

Mr

Leicester

"I don't see why women can't respond to the question asked..."

Because I'm asking for thoughts from men in couples as to how they think they'd do if they were on a single male profile?

Frank

Leicester

"I used to be a single male on here.

My question is how do you measure success? As a couples profile we get far more views and unsolicited messages, (as was pointed out in the OP) many of them are aimed directly at the female half and completely ignore the fact that we are a couple.

So if interest/recieved messages is a measure of success then yes, I have been more successful as a couple.

However, as a couple we have an active sex life and meets are few and far between, a little extra spice for us. As a single, the people I met on here were my sex life and meets were far more frequent. We both met more people as singles than we do as a couple and contrary to popular belief I (single male) had no issues finding people who wanted to meet. My experience was absolutely different to hers, she never ever sent a first message for instance but it really isn't that hard to meet people.

The biggest mistake people make in contacting us is displaying that their interest is purely selfish. Even the few who have read our profile and try to demonstrate how perfectly they fit our requirements invariably do so in a way that shows they are not really interested in what we want beyond the minimum level required to get a shag. It is incredibly rare to get a message that says any potential meet is viewed as something mutual. This is often nothing to do with what is explicitly said but more what is subtly implied by word choice.

Mr"

I find many aspects of your reply apply to us.

Frank

Leicester

Frank

Thanks for attacking me and I don't think id do very well because I don't consider being solo ever me and khaos are in this together and I'm very secure in myself I don't understand why people don't seem to understand we come as a pair of you don't like both of us that's your right too the people we have met from here have all been lovely unfortunately some of you just seem to be mean for the sake of being mean the person on that thread deserved everything that was said to him he was rude arrogant and exactly what this site doesn't need maybe rather than make a thread that's attacking me you could have just messaged privately I have been in a relationship with khaos for 10 years I suggested swinging and we enjoy the lifestyle but since the pandemic this site has become worse than some of the dating apps

Didn't read it as an attack of couples (assuming you're the couple on the thread the OP referenced) this thread is about what the single guy on that thread said - whoever he is.

Mr"

Thank you, P.

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I’ve been on here as a single and as a couple. So perhaps I can answer this with a degree of certainty.

I’ve always felt that SM on here can be treated as pariahs but whether or not they actually are is entirely up to them. I’ve met people as a single, probably more than as couple, maybe that’s just me?

I’ve found that couples profiles (and SF) bring their own issues and pitfalls, us you get more attention but it’s a case of whether that attention is from welcome directions.

Many single guys seem to equate volume of attention with success and meets, that’s simply not the case. In some ways having a single male profile is easier because you can easily identify those that you want to engage with. As a couple you need to deal with liars, fakers, wannabe’s, time wasters, etc. Plus in the back of your mind, there’s the thought that people are only engaging with you to get to your partner.

Add in the issue of mutual attraction and exhaustive check listing…

The grass isn’t always greener.

Frank

Thanks for attacking me and I don't think id do very well because I don't consider being solo ever me and khaos are in this together and I'm very secure in myself I don't understand why people don't seem to understand we come as a pair of you don't like both of us that's your right too the people we have met from here have all been lovely unfortunately some of you just seem to be mean for the sake of being mean the person on that thread deserved everything that was said to him he was rude arrogant and exactly what this site doesn't need maybe rather than make a thread that's attacking me you could have just messaged privately I have been in a relationship with khaos for 10 years I suggested swinging and we enjoy the lifestyle but since the pandemic this site has become worse than some of the dating apps "

I can't see how you feel attacked by this post. It reads to me like the op is saying the single guy was a bit out of order

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Frank

The O.P. was highly discreet.

Thanks for letting us know the ins and outs.

By *eyond PurityCouple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

I was a single guy on here before and I didn’t have an issue meeting or chatting to people.

I made my profile strong and put pics up to intrigue. I engaged with people, got involved on the forums, got my name known.

Went to socials and got myself out there.

Basically I used all the tools available to me on FAB to make it easier for myself.

Make yourself the best you can and sell yourself…be polite and respectful and only contact people who you think could be a match. I never ever sent out a copy and paste message.

There’s no magic formula…

K

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Today I am identifying as the male half of a couple.

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

I would be less successful, but not by a large margin as what we are looking for is quite specific and rarely relies solely on the Mrs and her lady bits.

I was able to meet my sub here through my couples profile, and being in an established couple was more of a negative than positive as my sub isn’t Bi and felt we would not be interested in her due to a lack of sex between her and the Mrs.

Manchester (he/him)

"Today I am identifying as the male half of a couple. "

Cool. If you live that way for two years and get a note from doctors, then you’ll be able to identify yourself as that

Manchester (he/him)

[Removed by poster at 14/10/21 13:31:02]

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

So being part of a couple will attract some people and put off some people ! "

Same with me

By *eyond PurityCouple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

I also met C on here and she was a ‘unicorn’ who had plenty of guys chasing her and several already in her stable.

I came along and broke up the stable and changed her mind about not wanting a relationship.

I mean if we are measuring success on FAB then that’s up there with a lot of my best achievements

K

"As successful as the rest of us! "

this

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

She always going to win but I would definitely do ok because I would start at clubs, socials also be verified quickly there is really nothing to it.

Oh and I am an a-ok person who not going to say whatever to fit in..

By *uitedSuitorMan  over a year ago

Halifax / Leeds

Myself and my wife are happily married and completely honest about our adventures. We both have individual profiles and share a couples one too.

If we message from the individual, it's from us as individuals. From the couple would be as a couple.

Honestly is the best policy guys...

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

"I’ve been on here as a single and as a couple. So perhaps I can answer this with a degree of certainty.

I’ve always felt that SM on here can be treated as pariahs but whether or not they actually are is entirely up to them. I’ve met people as a single, probably more than as couple, maybe that’s just me?

I’ve found that couples profiles (and SF) bring their own issues and pitfalls, us you get more attention but it’s a case of whether that attention is from welcome directions.

Many single guys seem to equate volume of attention with success and meets, that’s simply not the case. In some ways having a single male profile is easier because you can easily identify those that you want to engage with. As a couple you need to deal with liars, fakers, wannabe’s, time wasters, etc. Plus in the back of your mind, there’s the thought that people are only engaging with you to get to your partner.

Add in the issue of mutual attraction and exhaustive check listing…

The grass isn’t always greener. "

I would agree with this

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

My other half jack has had some really good meets and is still in touch with many.

We meet alone and together and have our own profiles too.

Makes me laugh when the man in a couple gets arsey with single men. He would be in the same boat without pussy for bait!!

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

Frank

I think you have missed the ops point.

At no point in that post did he

a) mention you by name

b) say you would do poorly as a single guy.

He simply said that previous thread had inspired him to ask guys in couples how they think they would fair as a single guy.

You've not been attacked.

As for the OPs question, I've really no idea.

Having been a couple since we were 18 I don't really have a bench mark to know how well I could woo the ladies.

Friends got us 2 together so at the moment I'm scoring a zero even on my one long term relationship.

The reason I have a couple's profile is as a direct result of having a single's profile

So, I think it's fair to say my single's profile has served me well.

By *inkyeroticaCouple  over a year ago

Ampthill

I (C) was a single male on here before meeting V and having a couples profile. Despite not possessing film star good lucks, a ripped body or anything beyond average in the lunchbox, I did ok.

Single males have a rough time here, and require a thick skin and patience. I attribute my success to treating people with respect and honesty, being courteous, showing genuine interest and not being a dick. The ultimate payoff from this is being with V.

The couple’s experience on fab is very different. We swing together, and both of us have to like others we play with. In saying that, if a couple reject us from a photo, that’s down to me not V.

By *utterypopcornCouple  over a year ago

oxford

As a single male on Fab I would suspect I would find it hard to stand out from the crowd.

But on the plus side a lot less how’s u messages

» Add a new message to this topic