FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Sympathy (1969)

Sympathy (1969)

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *olly_chromatic OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

I posted this earlier under Outsider's sympathy shag thread, putting it here again to think about the deeper meaning. It's 52 years since these lyrics were written, and the world has not improved. If anything, it has gone backwards.

I think that it's a wonderful song, though I guess known only to a very few these days. You can listen to it here https://youtu.be/2TMw92_q8Ac

And here are the lyrics, which I hope will give pause for thought:

"And when you climb into your bed tonight, And when you lock and bolt the door, Just think of those out in the cold and dark, 'Cause there's not enough love to go 'round

And sympathy is what we need my friend, And sympathy is what we need, And sympathy is what we need my friend, 'Cause there's not enough love to go 'round, No there's not enough love to go 'round

Now half the world hates the other half, And half the world has all the food, And half the world lies down and quietly starves, 'Cause there's not enough love to go 'round

And sympathy is what we need my friend, And sympathy is what we need, And sympathy is what we need my friend, 'Cause there's not enough love to go 'round, No there's not enough love to go 'round."

(Sympathy, Rare Bird, 1969)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don't think I've ever heard it. I'll look (listen) later.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

» Add a new message to this topic