FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Squid worth

Squid worth

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So, someone at work has a bee in her knickers about the kids at school playing playground games because they feature in a certain Netflix show?!!!

"They should be banned until further notice" She feels.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

I'm going to make a violent TV show based on workplaces, so that work can be banned.

"I'm going to make a violent TV show based on workplaces, so that work can be banned. "

I like your thinking

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

They're entitled to their opinion....although I don't know many kids rocking up to school with plates of glass and 50ft of rope.

"So, someone at work has a bee in her knickers about the kids at school playing playground games because they feature in a certain Netflix show?!!!

"They should be banned until further notice" She feels. "

Why the hell are kids in the playground being permitted to watch squid games in the first place

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I’m assuming that this is about squid games?

I’ve not watched it yet but as it’s certificated as a 15, doesn’t that rule kids out from watching it?

If parents are daft enough to let their young children watch it, then the repercussions are their fault

"I’m assuming that this is about squid games?

I’ve not watched it yet but as it’s certificated as a 15, doesn’t that rule kids out from watching it?

If parents are daft enough to let their young children watch it, then the repercussions are their fault "

This too^^

Squid games? Hope no one gets battered.

By *amie HantsWoman  over a year ago

Atlantis

Kids are going to watch shows that aren’t age appropriate. They’re kids.

I’m sure we all did the same…

"I'm going to make a violent TV show based on workplaces, so that work can be banned. "

Love it

"Kids are going to watch shows that aren’t age appropriate. They’re kids.

I’m sure we all did the same… "

Yeah I did all the time.

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

Isn't Squid Game based on childhood games anyway? What are they going to do next, ban tug of war? Pretty sure that's in there too.

LvM

Watched the first episode and found it abit too odd and creepy, 2 of my kids have also seen alot of the gory clips from it despite all the blocks on their devices. One of them is still at primary school, they keep begging me to let them watch it but theres not a bloody chance. Serious nightmare fuel.

By *yronMan  over a year ago

grangemouth

"I'm going to make a violent TV show based on workplaces, so that work can be banned.

I like your thinking"

The sequel can be based around having to get out of bed in the morning, so that can be banned as well.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

The games were around a long time before the show. Most would like kids to just sit and do nothing. Health and safety gone bonkers when it comes to play time !

By *indergirlWoman  over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

Oh my youngest girls school has already sent a message out about this....kids openly playing as if they're on the games

Warwick

For people that haven't seen it (waning, slight spooler), the games they play in the show are classic kids games, so the kids are already playing the games, whether they have seen the show or not.

Warwick

"I'm going to make a violent TV show based on workplaces, so that work can be banned.

I like your thinking

The sequel can be based around having to get out of bed in the morning, so that can be banned as well. "

Currently I'd be winning! That's where I've been all day

"So, someone at work has a bee in her knickers about the kids at school playing playground games because they feature in a certain Netflix show?!!!

Why the hell are kids in the playground being permitted to watch squid games in the first place "

I know, I'm guessing their not but seeing the hype on other platforms. There will always be a few that get to watch all sorts of inappropriate stuff. Had it a few years back with "IT" and the killer clown craze.

By *hubby CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Essex

Watched about 15 mins of it and just switched it off…as the nan in the Catherine Tate show would say…what a loada beeeeeep

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

To be fair the squid game is supposedly the most brutal of playground games, so I guess I can understand where she’s coming from

But I’m still against it. I grew up playing rough games. Bulldog, play fighting, man hunt. All great fun

And sure, a few kids got seriously hurt. And maybe we paralysed a kid in man hunt once. But we laugh about it later. He didn’t obviously, but we did, and we all learned from it. So what’s the issue?

"For people that haven't seen it (waning, slight spooler), the games they play in the show are classic kids games, so the kids are already playing the games, whether they have seen the show or not. "

That was my logic. We had some woman come in a few years back to teach the staff all the traditional playground games. It didn't take off as the kids had no interest. We need a violent show to teach phonics and times tables ASAP;-p

I've heard about this but not done much to research it. But from comments on here alone about it, it's definitely not something I'd let mine watch.

I agree what some parents let their kids watch beggars belief at times. Thing is, there's a big gap in TV for kids. You jump from cartoons to adult stuff with very little in between unless you pick films. High school and guy series feature more and won't hold their attention in certain age groups. They need to make more series for kids that grip them in a age appropriate way instead of making films. Well that's my tuppence anyway.

I'd honestly fucking laugh at her. I don't understand people like that at all. Why get so offended over a game that is actually a kid games which involves no violence? I think some people just love to moan.

what is squid games? I admit to being a bit behind the times but I've never heard of it. When I was at school it was British Bulldog in the playground (pretty rough and occasionally violent) and tree tag (jumping between trees chasing someone) when we were out of school, they didn't do me any harm but SG sounds a bit more bloody

"I've heard about this but not done much to research it. But from comments on here alone about it, it's definitely not something I'd let mine watch.

I agree what some parents let their kids watch beggars belief at times. Thing is, there's a big gap in TV for kids. You jump from cartoons to adult stuff with very little in between unless you pick films. High school and guy series feature more and won't hold their attention in certain age groups. They need to make more series for kids that grip them in a age appropriate way instead of making films. Well that's my tuppence anyway. "

*Girly

By *yronMan  over a year ago

grangemouth

I like your thinking

The sequel can be based around having to get out of bed in the morning, so that can be banned as well.

Currently I'd be winning! That's where I've been all day "

You win first prize - an extra two hours in bed!

"Isn't Squid Game based on childhood games anyway? What are they going to do next, ban tug of war? Pretty sure that's in there too.

LvM"

Tug of war was axed ages ago. Rope burns, grazed knees, falls. Its a health and safety nightmare!!!

I know i did but then my mother wouldn’t go around kicking off because I was branding a branch and some string to be Rambo

I know i did but then my mother wouldn’t go around kicking off because I was branding a branch and some string to be Rambo "

I had a Rambo hunting knife. I brought it into school as well. Fuck, back then you could buy anything without question.

"I'd honestly fucking laugh at her. I don't understand people like that at all. Why get so offended over a game that is actually a kid games which involves no violence? I think some people just love to moan. "

I’m pretty sure what little Tommy and Bianca are playing on consoles or watching via media streams is a lot worse tbf, she ain’t gonna nan then from those things now is she, where would she get peace from then as a seemingly great parent

I know i did but then my mother wouldn’t go around kicking off because I was branding a branch and some string to be Rambo

I had a Rambo hunting knife. I brought it into school as well. Fuck, back then you could buy anything without question. "

The one with compass in the handle , yeah those days before technology were brilliant and loads of fun

I like technology before anyone cries but I know mine and my children limits haha

"The games were around a long time before the show. Most would like kids to just sit and do nothing. Health and safety gone bonkers when it comes to play time ! "

Parents say this all the time but why do you think schools have restricted certain things at play time because parents complain that their little darlings get hurt or don't like it.

On a mooch

"The games were around a long time before the show. Most would like kids to just sit and do nothing. Health and safety gone bonkers when it comes to play time !

Parents say this all the time but why do you think schools have restricted certain things at play time because parents complain that their little darlings get hurt or don't like it.

"

Not all !

I had a Rambo hunting knife. I brought it into school as well. Fuck, back then you could buy anything without question.

The one with compass in the handle , yeah those days before technology were brilliant and loads of fun

I like technology before anyone cries but I know mine and my children limits haha "

Hey, we had Nintendo Donky Kong on the game and watch and ninja death stars. The best of days ;-p

"The games were around a long time before the show. Most would like kids to just sit and do nothing. Health and safety gone bonkers when it comes to play time !

Not all ! "

No but enough for it then change school policy.

In my experience it's normally the parents that say on social media "oh it's the PC brigade " that are the worst complainants.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"I’m assuming that this is about squid games?

If parents are daft enough to let their young children watch it, then the repercussions are their fault

This too^^ "

Agree

I like your thinking

Currently I'd be winning! That's where I've been all day "

Show off!

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

It was Grand Theft Auto, COD and similar computer games when our son was at school - 15 or 18 cert games being played by 5yos and so aspects either being copied or peer pressure because he didn't play them. It's nothing new. That said, my friends and I were rumbled trying to get in to watch Gone In 60 Seconds at the cinema (a 15). We were all 14 so we sent the tallest, oldest looking girl to buy her ticket first. When asked her age, she said "14" and we all groaned. Apparently she thought it was a 12. Anyway, we ended up watching Chicken Run with a bunch of pre-schoolers My friends (and me) also started going to nightclubs and having house parties at about age 15, so we can hardly judge the current generation, to be fair. We just got into mischief "in real life" rather than in cyber space.

Warwick

I like your thinking

Currently I'd be winning! That's where I've been all day

Show off! "

I'm also leaking from everywhere, so it's not that great

On a mooch

Not all !

In my experience it's normally the parents that say on social media "oh it's the PC brigade " that are the worst complainants."

Well I’m thankful our kids can be kids at school, they come home with bumps and bruises most days, does the school get blamed no, as all part of kids being kids as they play. They will slip and fall just as they do in PE.

Thankfully I don’t know any PC brigade

Not all !

In my experience it's normally the parents that say on social media "oh it's the PC brigade " that are the worst complainants.

Well I’m thankful our kids can be kids at school, they come home with bumps and bruises most days, does the school get blamed no, as all part of kids being kids as they play. They will slip and fall just as they do in PE.

Thankfully I don’t know any PC brigade "

I'm sorry but I do not believe for a second that parents at the school your child goes to have never complained or that are no games off limits at all.

And just for your information all kids can be kids at school just because there are rules in place does not mean a school is stopping them being children does it!

I like technology before anyone cries but I know mine and my children limits haha

Hey, we had Nintendo Donky Kong on the game and watch and ninja death stars. The best of days ;-p "

Oh yeah not to forget ping pong, frogged and asteroids

On a mooch

Not all !

I'm sorry but I do not believe for a second that parents at the school your child goes to have never complained or that are no games off limits at all.

And just for your information all kids can be kids at school just because there are rules in place does not mean a school is stopping them being children does it!"

Now just twisting words, did I say no one had never complained. I couldn’t tell you as I don’t know anyone that has within my child’s group.

There are rules in place but the main one is no fighting. They can play bulldog, slaps, conkers and more no worse than a PE lesson, accidents happen in both.

Not all !

And just for your information all kids can be kids at school just because there are rules in place does not mean a school is stopping them being children does it!

Now just twisting words, did I say no one had never complained. I couldn’t tell you as I don’t know anyone that has within my child’s group.

There are rules in place but the main one is no fighting. They can play bulldog, slaps, conkers and more no worse than a PE lesson, accidents happen in both.

"

I haven't twisted anything.

You seem to think these things are banned in lots of schools and actually they are not of course. The odd one hits the headlines but more often than not there more behind it than is 1st reported to the press.

On a mooch

Not all !

You seem to think these things are banned in lots of schools and actually they are not of course. The odd one hits the headlines but more often than not there more behind it than is 1st reported to the press.

"

You talking the games I mention or the the original OP games I was referring to. I didn’t say the op games were banned just if they were it is H&S gone bonkers

Let’s leave it there as one distracting from the OP and well we will never see eye to eye on this

I assume you mean the traditional playground games played in asia?

I dont see the issue.

Theres far more intellect in those games than football and top trumps.

Not all !

You talking the games I mention or the the original OP games I was referring to. I didn’t say the op games were banned just if they were it is H&S gone bonkers

Let’s leave it there as one distracting from the OP and well we will never see eye to eye on this "

The games you specifically mentioned and it isn't distracting from the OP because it is relevant.

I would suspect it wasn't the fact it was the games they were playing just the more violent elements that come into it in the TV.

On a mooch

Not all !

Let’s leave it there as one distracting from the OP and well we will never see eye to eye on this

The games you specifically mentioned and it isn't distracting from the OP because it is relevant.

I would suspect it wasn't the fact it was the games they were playing just the more violent elements that come into it in the TV.

"

It is not the games in question though. The games in question already exist and are mostly non contact. So a lady asking for them to be banned is ridiculous in this context as they already existed prior to this programme

w

Not all !

It is not the games in question though. The games in question already exist and are mostly non contact. So a lady asking for them to be banned is ridiculous in this context as they already existed prior to this programme "

Why don’t you 2 just 1v1 squid game and settle this?

Not all !

It is not the games in question though. The games in question already exist and are mostly non contact. So a lady asking for them to be banned is ridiculous in this context as they already existed prior to this programme "

And she's completely entitled to that opinion. Just because something isn't a problem for some people doesn't mean it should be dismissed. We have absolutely no context as to what it is that she is objecting to. It could well be its the violent aspects of the game shown on the TV show back children will inevitably reenact.

Not all !

It is not the games in question though. The games in question already exist and are mostly non contact. So a lady asking for them to be banned is ridiculous in this context as they already existed prior to this programme

Why don’t you 2 just 1v1 squid game and settle this? "

Rather an inappropriate comment. I'm allowed to disagree with people!

I agree how come the children have been allowed to watch it!!

Why the hell are kids in the playground being permitted to watch squid games in the first place "

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

Anything that might injure a child is banned in the school playground because parents blame the school and sue them.

On a mooch

Not all !

And she's completely entitled to that opinion. Just because something isn't a problem for some people doesn't mean it should be dismissed. We have absolutely no context as to what it is that she is objecting to. It could well be its the violent aspects of the game shown on the TV show back children will inevitably reenact.

"

As I am entitled to my original thought !

Not all !

As I am entitled to my original thought ! "

I didn't say you weren't. Im Just disagreeing with you and I'm allowed to do that

"Anything that might injure a child is banned in the school playground because parents blame the school and sue them."

Spot on.

On a mooch

Not all !

I didn't say you weren't. Im Just disagreeing with you and I'm allowed to do that "

Yes on the OP but on how things work in our school, no as you have no direct experience of our rules or how our parents act.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

Give a child a stick and they will use it as a gun, that is what happens on the school yard. They don’t need to see a program themselves to play it, they pick things up from siblings or older friends, parents watching or discussing things, so whether they watch it or not, they will still play at it. You could ban it but they will simply find something else if they are that way inclined.

Not all !

I didn't say you weren't. Im Just disagreeing with you and I'm allowed to do that

Yes on the OP but on how things work in our school, no as you have no direct experience of our rules or how our parents act. "

I was simply responding to you because you brought up the school that your child goes to not me.

"Squid games? Hope no one gets battered."

Bump

w

Not all !

Why don’t you 2 just 1v1 squid game and settle this?

Rather an inappropriate comment. I'm allowed to disagree with people!"

You said you can’t? Calm down

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

"Squid games? Hope no one gets battered.

Bump "

Yep, I chuckled at that

Bump

Yep, I chuckled at that "

Thank Babs, thought it had slipped through the net

Bump

Yep, I chuckled at that

Thank Babs, thought it had slipped through the net "

I think it would be quite hard for a squid to slip through the net with all those tentaclely things there's a lot to get caught up.

By *edheadjMan  over a year ago

High Wycombe

It's a good show. But the kids shouldn't be watching the show due to its violence

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

What is it????

"What is it????"

It's a bit like huger games.

Most kids play cod etc,this is no worse ,let's stop being all nanny state,let's kids watch the wrong things,climb trees etc,we are growing a bunch of softies, I learned very young that chucking shot gun shells on a bonfire was a bad idea,and many other things,if we wrap them in cotton wool,how will they cope when we aren't there to baby them?

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"What is it????

It's a bit like huger games."

Thanks xxx

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

Some schools have actually advised parents not to let their kids watch it so that they don't copy.

I'm surprised Tom didn't start a thread about as it's been all over the news

"Some schools have actually advised parents not to let their kids watch it so that they don't copy.

I'm surprised Tom didn't start a thread about as it's been all over the news "

I'm just going on my schools reactions. To be honest it was just one class TA who is not in the playground anyway sticking her orr in. I let my kids get up to all sorts of mischief in the playground. Especially at play centre. They can climb, made mud pies, fight with sticks even play pew, pew, pew.

"Some schools have actually advised parents not to let their kids watch it so that they don't copy.

I'm just going on my schools reactions. To be honest it was just one class TA who is not in the playground anyway sticking her orr in. I let my kids get up to all sorts of mischief in the playground. Especially at play centre. They can climb, made mud pies, fight with sticks even play pew, pew, pew.

"

Well they aren't the only school that has reacted like that. It will all die down eventually I'm sure, till season two comes out lol

w

I'm surprised Tom didn't start a thread about as it's been all over the news "

Copy what?

High Wycombe

"Most kids play cod etc,this is no worse ,let's stop being all nanny state,let's kids watch the wrong things,climb trees etc,we are growing a bunch of softies, I learned very young that chucking shot gun shells on a bonfire was a bad idea,and many other things,if we wrap them in cotton wool,how will they cope when we aren't there to baby them?"

Have you seen it?

By *ose and her beastCouple  over a year ago

Watford

Are the kids killing each other ? Lol

"Most kids play cod etc,this is no worse ,let's stop being all nanny state,let's kids watch the wrong things,climb trees etc,we are growing a bunch of softies, I learned very young that chucking shot gun shells on a bonfire was a bad idea,and many other things,if we wrap them in cotton wool,how will they cope when we aren't there to baby them?

Have you seen it? "

i watched one episode and couldnt be bothered with more, its got nothing to grip me, shock and awe doesnt make a good program

Copy what? "

Scenes from the programme I would assume

"Are the kids killing each other ? Lol"

Nope, I don't know what the fuss is. Kids in my school haven't even had a proper fight in 7 years!

When I was in primary it happened fairly frequently.

"It's a good show. But the kids shouldn't be watching the show due to its violence "

Yeah the games are school games... But clearly the executions take it to a different level

I found the executions and level of violence shocking... The themes are dark and will go over kids heads

Sorry for any spoilers

"Isn't Squid Game based on childhood games anyway? What are they going to do next, ban tug of war? Pretty sure that's in there too.

LvM"

This, these games were around long before Squid Games....I played all of the games featured in Squid Games during breaks. Half the fun deciding what game we were going to play and I am well old! I was invented long before Squid Game too

Is the actual Squid Game a real thing? The hop scotch type of game they shown at the start? I'd not heard of that game before.

By *urreyVixenStagCouple  over a year ago

Staines

Had email from my 9 year old teacher as he’d told her he had finished watching Squid Game.

Little shitbag had been logging in to our Netflix profile and watching it!

I remember watching the original IT at 8years old

By *iddlesticksMan  over a year ago

My nan’s spare room.

True but we wouldn’t condone them doing some of the stuff I saw on the screen or in the mags we found in the park behind the bike sheds would we.

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

"Is the actual Squid Game a real thing? The hop scotch type of game they shown at the start? I'd not heard of that game before."

It is in South Korea at least.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"Is the actual Squid Game a real thing? The hop scotch type of game they shown at the start? I'd not heard of that game before."

Yes, the games are real (minus the dying/violence)!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/real-kids-games-squid-game-rcna2726

High Wycombe

"Most kids play cod etc,this is no worse ,let's stop being all nanny state,let's kids watch the wrong things,climb trees etc,we are growing a bunch of softies, I learned very young that chucking shot gun shells on a bonfire was a bad idea,and many other things,if we wrap them in cotton wool,how will they cope when we aren't there to baby them?

Have you seen it?

i watched one episode and couldnt be bothered with more, its got nothing to grip me, shock and awe doesnt make a good program"

There is more to it than 'shock and awe'. There is some great character studies and proper arcs over the course of the series. If you're looking for mere spectacle than Alice in Borderlands would fall under that.

» Add a new message to this topic