FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Fat Club second helpings

Fat Club second helpings

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thread got too big its spilled onto here.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

By *hubby CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Essex

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

[Removed by poster at 11/10/21 19:52:41]

Prestonish

Sorry - just seen the first thread.

I’m in!

Ideally I’d like to lose a stone by end Jan 22 - and another stone by 1st May.

I already walk the dog for at least an hour a day and eat fairly healthily in general - so it may not be that easy!

Yay 2nd thread!

Did a bit of exercise today. Think the food is going to take me a little longer (ginger biscuits in the house)

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Good day food wise although a few sneaky biscuits at work! I did turn down a donut though so that was good

Tough leg day at the gym done as well plus 4 lites of water (well squash) d*unk.

Prestonish

"Good day food wise although a few sneaky biscuits at work! I did turn down a donut though so that was good

Tough leg day at the gym done as well plus 4 lites of water (well squash) d*unk. "

Good on you lovely.

I walked the dog for an hour - but I have to go out with him again soon and my back’s bloody killing me!

Back to the doctors. Even being a couple of stones overweight is putting a hell of a lot of pressure on my back, hips, knees and even feet&ankles as my arthritis is getting steadily worse.

Im hoping it’ll ease off a lot if I can lose some weight.

By *sBlueWoman  over a year ago

Up North

I’ve had a good day food wise

"Sorry - just seen the first thread.

I’m in!

Ideally I’d like to lose a stone by end Jan 22 - and another stone by 1st May.

I already walk the dog for at least an hour a day and eat fairly healthily in general - so it may not be that easy! "

Great, I like that you have set goals too

"I’ve had a good day food wise"

Well done

"Yay 2nd thread!

Did a bit of exercise today. Think the food is going to take me a little longer (ginger biscuits in the house) "

Exercise yay! Cutting down is good, don't necessarily have to cut out.

I ran 5km today and felt fantastic

"Good day food wise although a few sneaky biscuits at work! I did turn down a donut though so that was good

Tough leg day at the gym done as well plus 4 lites of water (well squash) d*unk.

Good on you lovely.

I walked the dog for an hour - but I have to go out with him again soon and my back’s bloody killing me!

Back to the doctors. Even being a couple of stones overweight is putting a hell of a lot of pressure on my back, hips, knees and even feet&ankles as my arthritis is getting steadily worse.

Im hoping it’ll ease off a lot if I can lose some weight. "

Part of my motivation for doing this was that I started to feel my weight. I want shot so I can feel comfortable and not ache because of it.

Tough leg day at the gym done as well plus 4 lites of water (well squash) d*unk. "

I don't drink much water and today have been peeing round the clock because I've started.

It'll be a while before I hit the gym but I haven't ruled it out.

By *ewrocksWoman  over a year ago

button moon

I've started, 5kg gone in the last 4 weeks, but sill 12kg to go.

"I ran 5km today and felt fantastic"

Amazing!!!

"I've started, 5kg gone in the last 4 weeks, but sill 12kg to go. "

Well done you!

By *xleMan  over a year ago

wigan

I ran a bath and felt amazing after it

"I ran a bath and felt amazing after it "

That's the level of my running atm but give it a few months.

Just for the record, bubbles or no bubbles?

Well, I'm still doing ok. Not had any energy drinks since Saturday. No cakes, chocolates or bready crap either. Not drank any booze. Energy level not been great since I have the dreaded snot lurgies at the moment.

Been having porridge for breakfast and chunky posh soups full of pulses and veg. Had some chicken tonight. Drinking a ton of water and peeing loads. That's about all I have to report.

By *stellaWoman  over a year ago

London

"Well, I'm still doing ok. Not had any energy drinks since Saturday. No cakes, chocolates or bready crap either. Not drank any booze. Energy level not been great since I have the dreaded snot lurgies at the moment.

Been having porridge for breakfast and chunky posh soups full of pulses and veg. Had some chicken tonight. Drinking a ton of water and peeing loads. That's about all I have to report."

Well done. I’ve gone down sick so barely eaten anything but not drinking enough water so must remedy that.

"Well, I'm still doing ok. Not had any energy drinks since Saturday. No cakes, chocolates or bready crap either. Not drank any booze. Energy level not been great since I have the dreaded snot lurgies at the moment.

Been having porridge for breakfast and chunky posh soups full of pulses and veg. Had some chicken tonight. Drinking a ton of water and peeing loads. That's about all I have to report.

Well done. I’ve gone down sick so barely eaten anything but not drinking enough water so must remedy that.

"

Those germs are doing the rounds atm. Hope you feel better soon x

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

I had to go to GP for a medication check & got referred (it was offers, I accepted thinking it would be Slimming World) to their digital weight management system. I looked at the 3 options & chose the one that has lifetime support. It’s crap!! I’m doing better on my own. I’ve lost 17lbs so far…. Still a very long way to go but taking it at my own pace. My ex always pressured me to lose weight & I was at my lowest when I kicked him out. T puts no pressure on me at all. I just wish I lived with more adventurous eaters…

J x

"I had to go to GP for a medication check & got referred (it was offers, I accepted thinking it would be Slimming World) to their digital weight management system. I looked at the 3 options & chose the one that has lifetime support. It’s crap!! I’m doing better on my own. I’ve lost 17lbs so far…. Still a very long way to go but taking it at my own pace. My ex always pressured me to lose weight & I was at my lowest when I kicked him out. T puts no pressure on me at all. I just wish I lived with more adventurous eaters…

J x"

I think part of the journey is figuring out what works for you and what doesn't.

Well done on your weight loss so far!!!

evesham

Stayed the same again today! Fucking annoying! I know it's me. I know I'm doing something wrong but can't think what! OK I'm going slightly over my calories but still quite a way under my maintenance plus I exercise every day. I've had quite a few coffees as I've been in the office the last couple of days. Perhaps that might be something. I use sweeteners not sugar though.

Crisis talks with the guy I'm working with me thinks!

I'll just be happy to get this 1lb off to be able to say I've hit 2 stone lost!

"Stayed the same again today! Fucking annoying! I know it's me. I know I'm doing something wrong but can't think what! OK I'm going slightly over my calories but still quite a way under my maintenance plus I exercise every day. I've had quite a few coffees as I've been in the office the last couple of days. Perhaps that might be something. I use sweeteners not sugar though.

I'll just be happy to get this 1lb off to be able to say I've hit 2 stone lost! "

It will come off, its like a boiling pot I'm guessing ;-p

Just hang in there x

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

"Stayed the same again today! Fucking annoying! I know it's me. I know I'm doing something wrong but can't think what! OK I'm going slightly over my calories but still quite a way under my maintenance plus I exercise every day. I've had quite a few coffees as I've been in the office the last couple of days. Perhaps that might be something. I use sweeteners not sugar though.

I'll just be happy to get this 1lb off to be able to say I've hit 2 stone lost! "

How are you coming up with your maintenance numbers?

https://youtu.be/kp67VFhbpsQ

Over 50s workout

She has quite a few, worth having a look if you are taking it slowly at first.

"https://youtu.be/kp67VFhbpsQ

Over 50s workout

She has quite a few, worth having a look if you are taking it slowly at first."

I'll check this out later x

evesham

How are you coming up with your maintenance numbers? "

I used a TDEE calculator online. Have messaged the nutritionist who has given me a plan and calorie goal. Was working really well until this last week. I'm sure it's just a clip and I'm sure I'm probably missing sneaky additional calories that I'm not tracking. I just always get to this point then get disillusioned and give up. I don't want to do that now.

I've been given homework to read the chimp paradox to help with my petulant child responses of 'but I want it', 'she's having it, why can't I?!', 'I've earnt it!' and boredom snacking.

evesham

Just hang in there x"

Thank you x I hope it's just a glitch

Just hang in there x

Thank you x I hope it's just a glitch "

Keep going our Evie!!!!!

w

I used a TDEE calculator online. Have messaged the nutritionist who has given me a plan and calorie goal. Was working really well until this last week. I'm sure it's just a clip and I'm sure I'm probably missing sneaky additional calories that I'm not tracking. I just always get to this point then get disillusioned and give up. I don't want to do that now.

I've been given homework to read the chimp paradox to help with my petulant child responses of 'but I want it', 'she's having it, why can't I?!', 'I've earnt it!' and boredom snacking. "

Yesh if it’s only been a week, don’t sweat it

A recent study found that one of the biggest factors in why people quit weight loss plans was unexpected fluctuations in weight

It’s important to understand that they happen. Your weight can jump for a few days, or even a week. Water weight caused by hormones or nutritional factors can cause this.

Don’t worry, just stick to the plan and it’ll eventually start to drop again.

w

I've been given homework to read the chimp paradox to help with my petulant child responses of 'but I want it', 'she's having it, why can't I?!', 'I've earnt it!' and boredom snacking. "

The chimp paradox is worth a read, I’ve definitely used it in my life.

I'm refocusing my "I want its" and "she's having it" etc and applying it to things like clothing. I want pretty dresses and frilly bits but the shops I like don't cater for my size. If I want them I'll have to earn them by losing the lard. Some of the plus sz fetish wear is truly appalling.

I'm trying to make my inner brat work for me.

I had a major failure this morning and have eaten a massive helping of cake now not only do i feel guilty but i also feel sick serves me right !!!

I had been doing fairly well with my diet until this morning

"I had a major failure this morning and have eaten a massive helping of cake now not only do i feel guilty but i also feel sick serves me right !!!

I had been doing fairly well with my diet until this morning "

Shit happens. I'd try not to beat myself up about it. You did it, it gave you no pleasure work on avoiding doing it again. For me the corner shop is a trigger so I go out without my purse to avoid popping I and buying crap.

Guilt is a pointless emotion.

Just want to point out that if you think.my advice is crap feel free to ignore it. I kinda feel like I'm comming of patronising or condescending but I'm not meaning too. I'm like the last person to give advice lol.

You are being supportive, thats good

"Thread got too big its spilled onto here."

Fat club got to big? Lol

"I had a major failure this morning and have eaten a massive helping of cake now not only do i feel guilty but i also feel sick serves me right !!!

Little story....I lost 5st just before lockdown, during lockdown I put 4st back on,rejoined sw list 1 and half stone, stopped for a month and put 8lbs back on

Now back at sw and working towards a healthy lifestyle

We fail so we can better succeed

Little story....I lost 5st just before lockdown, during lockdown I put 4st back on,rejoined sw list 1 and half stone, stopped for a month and put 8lbs back on

We fail so we can better succeed "

I hope so

"Just want to point out that if you think.my advice is crap feel free to ignore it. I kinda feel like I'm comming of patronising or condescending but I'm not meaning too. I'm like the last person to give advice lol. "

Erm never....

I'm expecting lots of advice from you.

You're the OP...

No pressure

Focus on the positives. Don’t let it derail you. If you’ve been doing really well, you’ve shown you can do it.

"Just want to point out that if you think.my advice is crap feel free to ignore it. I kinda feel like I'm comming of patronising or condescending but I'm not meaning too. I'm like the last person to give advice lol.

Erm never....

I'm expecting lots of advice from you.

You're the OP...

No pressure "

Holy crap, we're all doomed!!!!!

;-p

Focus on the positives. Don’t let it derail you. If you’ve been doing really well, you’ve shown you can do it. "

"Thread got too big its spilled onto here.

Fat club got to big? Lol"

The irony right ;-p

We fail so we can better succeed "

I'm trying to do it on the cheap. When I did Lighter life it cost £72 a week, that was 10 years ago. It worked but I flaked on the psychology bit so went back to bad habits. I full get it's a complete lifestyle change for me. I can't eat crap without feeling and looking crap anymore.

My one little tip that worked for me was.....I gave up bread...I love bread but not having it i felt so much better

"My one little tip that worked for me was.....I gave up bread...I love bread but not having it i felt so much better "

Bread and other wheaty crap are on my shit list. They make me feel gross anyway. Enjoyable at the time but instant regret.

Hi all, I couldn't find the first thread, so I just want to check if this is the thread for people to support each other while losing weight and getting fit and healthy. Thanks

Biscuits, cakes, sugar in tea/coffee, biscuits, cake, biscuits, cake and finally biscuits and cake, we love each other..

I think over the last 2yrs, we have over-loved!

Tried and failed on reducing sugar in tea and coffee, failed with sweeteners, so Sept 1st, stopped tea, coffee, cake and bikkies..and I feel much better!

Would love to start at the gym..but I think it's been 20yrs since I've been and Christmas is nearly upon us!

Give me strength!

Hope everyone is getting on with their targets/goals, it's not easy.

Love to you all x

"Hi all, I couldn't find the first thread, so I just want to check if this is the thread for people to support each other while losing weight and getting fit and healthy. Thanks "

It certainly is. Welcome x

"Biscuits, cakes, sugar in tea/coffee, biscuits, cake, biscuits, cake and finally biscuits and cake, we love each other..

I think over the last 2yrs, we have over-loved!

Tried and failed on reducing sugar in tea and coffee, failed with sweeteners, so Sept 1st, stopped tea, coffee, cake and bikkies..and I feel much better!

Would love to start at the gym..but I think it's been 20yrs since I've been and Christmas is nearly upon us!

Give me strength!

Hope everyone is getting on with their targets/goals, it's not easy.

Love to you all x"

What a great message. I think we all have had that relationship with the treats. Mine is chocolate bars and energy drinks. Been good (ish) this week. Tomorrow will be a hard one as I have a 24 hour day so I have the drinks and caffeine pills to help.

So I'm 15:13 this morning. Yay I've lost some!!!! I'll ride the wave until next week when my new goal will be "not getting back to 16 stone again.

"So I'm 15:13 this morning. Yay I've lost some!!!! I'll ride the wave until next week when my new goal will be "not getting back to 16 stone again. "

Well done xx

Just throwing this out there...

You tube is your friend for exercise...

Joe Wicks workouts

Over 50s programs

Sitting down with weights - upper body ...

I toned up March to July - better circulation, joint mobility and I suffer badly from hips, knees, feet. I had a lot of motivation and put together 50 minute session, doing various workouts for the different parts of the body....

I'm sure you could find on You Tube what works for you - something for everyone. You can do a lot of these sessions at 10 or 15 mins at one time.....

Totally recommend this idea, if the gym feels too daunting at this moment in your life!

Good luck all

Best exercise is just go for a walk...fresh air and all that other stuff

Up North

Lost 4 and a half pounds when I looked this morning

"Lost 4 and a half pounds when I looked this morning "

Well done you!!!!!

"Best exercise is just go for a walk...fresh air and all that other stuff "

I usually mosey about all over the place. Dying of this stinking cold atm so taking it easy as work is full on at the weekend

"So I'm 15:13 this morning. Yay I've lost some!!!! I'll ride the wave until next week when my new goal will be "not getting back to 16 stone again.

Well done xx"

Cheers m'dears

"Just throwing this out there...

You tube is your friend for exercise...

Joe Wicks workouts

Over 50s programs

Sitting down with weights - upper body ...

I toned up March to July - better circulation, joint mobility and I suffer badly from hips, knees, feet. I had a lot of motivation and put together 50 minute session, doing various workouts for the different parts of the body....

I'm sure you could find on You Tube what works for you - something for everyone. You can do a lot of these sessions at 10 or 15 mins at one time.....

Totally recommend this idea, if the gym feels too daunting at this moment in your life!

Good luck all "

I've got loads of dvd, some cheesy as hell to work through. Charity shops and car boots are good for them.

By *urreyVixenStagCouple  over a year ago

Staines

Oooh can I join please? I need to lose about 5st. I used to go to the gym fairly regularly but I have a love/hate relationship with it and if I get out of the habit, I end up not going for ages.

I don’t think I eat too badly - if anything my problem is that I don’t eat enough calories a day and tend to skip meals a lot.

"Oooh can I join please? I need to lose about 5st. I used to go to the gym fairly regularly but I have a love/hate relationship with it and if I get out of the habit, I end up not going for ages.

I don’t think I eat too badly - if anything my problem is that I don’t eat enough calories a day and tend to skip meals a lot. "

Youre more than welcome.

Staines

"Oooh can I join please? I need to lose about 5st. I used to go to the gym fairly regularly but I have a love/hate relationship with it and if I get out of the habit, I end up not going for ages.

I don’t think I eat too badly - if anything my problem is that I don’t eat enough calories a day and tend to skip meals a lot.

Youre more than welcome. "

Thank you

I weighed myself yesterday and I was 97.3kg (15st 3). I want to get down to around 10st (65kg). Time frame wise - it would be nice to reach it within 6 months.

w

Youre more than welcome.

Thank you

I weighed myself yesterday and I was 97.3kg (15st 3). I want to get down to around 10st (65kg). Time frame wise - it would be nice to reach it within 6 months. "

Realistic weight loss is around 0.5% of total body weight a week. It’s important to set healthy, realistic goals so help stay motivated.

30kg loss, realistically your looking at 40-60 weeks do to it healthily and in a way where the weight still stay off. Slow and steady is the name of the game in weight loss

Staines

Youre more than welcome.

Thank you

I weighed myself yesterday and I was 97.3kg (15st 3). I want to get down to around 10st (65kg). Time frame wise - it would be nice to reach it within 6 months.

Realistic weight loss is around 0.5% of total body weight a week. It’s important to set healthy, realistic goals so help stay motivated.

30kg loss, realistically your looking at 40-60 weeks do to it healthily and in a way where the weight still stay off. Slow and steady is the name of the game in weight loss "

So if I say within a year then? That’s reasonable, right?

w

Youre more than welcome.

Thank you

30kg loss, realistically your looking at 40-60 weeks do to it healthily and in a way where the weight still stay off. Slow and steady is the name of the game in weight loss

So if I say within a year then? That’s reasonable, right? "

Very reasonable, entirely doable and I absolutely believe in you. Just stick around in these threads, stay motivated and remember that your more than just a number on a scale.

Youre more than welcome.

Thank you

So if I say within a year then? That’s reasonable, right? "

I'm 50 in January 2023 so I'd like to shift the bulk of my weight by then. It's more about having more energy and mobility than numbers but looking smoking hot in leather would not go a miss.

button moon

Youre more than welcome.

Thank you

So if I say within a year then? That’s reasonable, right?

Very reasonable, entirely doable and I absolutely believe in you. Just stick around in these threads, stay motivated and remember that your more than just a number on a scale."

Nice to see positive support from someone so shredded,x

Everyone should remember....lose weight for yourselves not for someone else x

Sneaky calories are horrible little shits, count how many choices you have, get an empty mug and pour in your usual amount of milk then to into a measuring jug. Do this 10 times to get a reasonable average and be able to read the volume properly. Did this the other week and even with skimmed milk we were close to 200kcal a day in milk that we just weren't counting.

Mr

Sneaky calories are horrible little shits, count how many choices you have, get an empty mug and pour in your usual amount of milk then to into a measuring jug. Do this 10 times to get a reasonable average and be able to read the volume properly. Did this the other week and even with skimmed milk we were close to 200kcal a day in milk that we just weren't counting.

Mr"

Coffees. Count your coffees not choices

w

Mr"

Don’t forget stuff like salad. Your 5 a day in salad can easily hit 200 calories too. But people often don’t count it.

I actually feel motivated today. So far I've had water and a small fruit smoothie, porridge made with low fat milk, for many years i had massive amounts of sugar on the porridge but have stopped that a while ago. I ignored the urge to get a couple of chocolate bars from the stash for our grandchildren.

"I actually feel motivated today. So far I've had water and a small fruit smoothie, porridge made with low fat milk, for many years i had massive amounts of sugar on the porridge but have stopped that a while ago. I ignored the urge to get a couple of chocolate bars from the stash for our grandchildren.

"

Well done you!!!

Up North

"Lost 4 and a half pounds when I looked this morning "

Thank you x

By *anshee99Woman  over a year ago

all over

I'm just hiding in the corner over here, gradually getting fatter, complaining about it and doing nothing! Help

"Everyone should remember....lose weight for yourselves not for someone else x"

Indeed! Good advice and focus on the health benefits too.

"I'm just hiding in the corner over here, gradually getting fatter, complaining about it and doing nothing! Help "

I've been in that corner, we all have. Feel free to stand in the middle of the room with us at anytime x

"I actually feel motivated today. So far I've had water and a small fruit smoothie, porridge made with low fat milk, for many years i had massive amounts of sugar on the porridge but have stopped that a while ago. I ignored the urge to get a couple of chocolate bars from the stash for our grandchildren.

Well done you!!!"

Thank you

"I'm just hiding in the corner over here, gradually getting fatter, complaining about it and doing nothing! Help "

Reach out to someone and DM them lovely...

Pretty sure anyone will support you x

By *urvySub87Woman  over a year ago

Near Wellingborough

Right, i've decided that I want to drop a stone in the next 4 weeks. Tired of being a fat ass now and that's only about 3 or 4lbs a week. My weigh in day is still Monday and I know that I've already gained weight so going to drop that and a little more over the weekend.

Watch this space, woman on a mission

"Right, i've decided that I want to drop a stone in the next 4 weeks. Tired of being a fat ass now and that's only about 3 or 4lbs a week. My weigh in day is still Monday and I know that I've already gained weight so going to drop that and a little more over the weekend.

Watch this space, woman on a mission "

Another One in, great the more the merrier. Like that you have a fixed weigh day. I think a lot of us (including me) jump.on the scales too often and get disheartened.

w

"Right, i've decided that I want to drop a stone in the next 4 weeks. Tired of being a fat ass now and that's only about 3 or 4lbs a week. My weigh in day is still Monday and I know that I've already gained weight so going to drop that and a little more over the weekend.

Watch this space, woman on a mission "

At the risk of being a Debbie downer, 3-4lbs per week is a lot, and I think you might have better success with more manageable goals

Wishing you the best though

Staines

Another One in, great the more the merrier. Like that you have a fixed weigh day. I think a lot of us (including me) jump.on the scales too often and get disheartened.

"

Definitely agree that one day a week to weigh in is best. I tend to weigh in straight after my morning wee (and weigh naked) as that’s when I’m my lightest in the day haha!

I also take progress pictures once a month too so I can see changes

Near Wellingborough

At the risk of being a Debbie downer, 3-4lbs per week is a lot, and I think you might have better success with more manageable goals

Wishing you the best though "

I've got a gastric band so where as most people on my diet can expect to lose 1-2lbs a week I can lose 3-4lbs. Worth every penny lol

Near Wellingborough

Definitely agree that one day a week to weigh in is best. I tend to weigh in straight after my morning wee (and weigh naked) as that’s when I’m my lightest in the day haha!

"

I do unfortunately weigh in most days but only log it once a week. I know that I shouldn't keep jumping on the scales but I can't help it

I do unfortunately weigh in most days but only log it once a week. I know that I shouldn't keep jumping on the scales but I can't help it"

It is addictive but as it fluctuates there is more chance of feeling bummed out by not losing.

w

Wishing you the best though

I've got a gastric band so where as most people on my diet can expect to lose 1-2lbs a week I can lose 3-4lbs. Worth every penny lol"

Oh awesome! Then hopefully it flies off ASAP

evesham

Mr

Don’t forget stuff like salad. Your 5 a day in salad can easily hit 200 calories too. But people often don’t count it. "

That's a good tip Mr NVM!

I don't generally drink coffee etc when I'm at home, it's only in the office.

I am good with tracking main meal foods unless I'm out. I'm obsessed with my kitchen scales at home lol

I also realised today that I was logging the dry weight of some noodles I've become addicted to for an easy lunch and not the made weight which adds almost 100 calories! Time to find a new go to lunch

Also need more will power when in the office to say no to biscuits!

Weighed heavier this morning but was very dehydrated plus weighed using different scales and am always heavier on them.

I have to weigh every day so that I can see the fluctuations as thick mentioned above. Understanding why they happen etc. If I weigh just once a week but hit a heavy water weight day I would get fed up and ow a good couple of days.

Is it worth me buying any scales, people keep saying they vary so much?

Not weighed myself since March

evesham

"Is it worth me buying any scales, people keep saying they vary so much?

"

It depends if weight is what you want to track I guess. They can vary as they aren't specifically calibrated but if you use that same ones then you just go by weight change rather than the number of that makes sense.

It depends if weight is what you want to track I guess. They can vary as they aren't specifically calibrated but if you use that same ones then you just go by weight change rather than the number of that makes sense. "

Ahh of course yes.... Thanks

w

"

Weighing yourself is super useful because it’s the best way to track results.

The mirror is great too, but it’s not as accurate. You could go a month or 2 before realising the mirror isn’t changing much, where as scales give you that instant feed back

"Hi all, I couldn't find the first thread, so I just want to check if this is the thread for people to support each other while losing weight and getting fit and healthy. Thanks

It certainly is. Welcome x"

Brilliant Thanks for the reply Cinnamon and for setting this thread up I look forward to reading, contributing, and sharing support x

"Hi all, I couldn't find the first thread, so I just want to check if this is the thread for people to support each other while losing weight and getting fit and healthy. Thanks

It certainly is. Welcome x

Brilliant Thanks for the reply Cinnamon and for setting this thread up I look forward to reading, contributing, and sharing support x"

I'm 15:12 this morning. Another pound down. Today is my long arse day and i won't get to bed until 5am tomorrow. Even though I still have his grotty cold I feel.pretty good this morning.

Weighing yourself is super useful because it’s the best way to track results.

The mirror is great too, but it’s not as accurate. You could go a month or 2 before realising the mirror isn’t changing much, where as scales give you that instant feed back "

Yeah I definitely need to get those. Thanks

evesham

Up again today. Actually starting to piss myself off now.

"Up again today. Actually starting to piss myself off now. "

*messaged*

evesham

"Up again today. Actually starting to piss myself off now.

*messaged*"

thank you x

w

"Up again today. Actually starting to piss myself off now. "

Up again today, but are you tracking your weight daily and plotting a graph to see the general trend?

The general trend is a better way to see progress. Weight fluctuates day to day, use a general trend instead

Dunno if I posted it in here yet or not, but a recent study found the main factor people quit diets was weight fluctuations ruining their motivation. Don’t fall for weight fluctuations!

Up again today, but are you tracking your weight daily and plotting a graph to see the general trend?

The general trend is a better way to see progress. Weight fluctuates day to day, use a general trend instead

Dunno if I posted it in here yet or not, but a recent study found the main factor people quit diets was weight fluctuations ruining their motivation. Don’t fall for weight fluctuations!"

Surprise surprise im gonna disagree about weighing yourself everyday....every 3 days yes and remember....you weigh different at different times of the day...so weigh yourself at the same time

evesham

Dunno if I posted it in here yet or not, but a recent study found the main factor people quit diets was weight fluctuations ruining their motivation. Don’t fall for weight fluctuations!

Surprise surprise im gonna disagree about weighing yourself everyday....every 3 days yes and remember....you weigh different at different times of the day...so weigh yourself at the same time"

I have to weigh daily. It keeps me on track. Yeah I'm pissed off right now because it looks like I've gained again but it does help in the long run. Weight loss is personal. Your way may not be my way.

evesham

Dunno if I posted it in here yet or not, but a recent study found the main factor people quit diets was weight fluctuations ruining their motivation. Don’t fall for weight fluctuations!"

Yeah I log it on mfp and on the tracker I've been sent so can see the geberak trend is downwards so will continue to weigh daily but make more effort to look at the big picture.

Near Wellingborough

Surprise surprise im gonna disagree about weighing yourself everyday....every 3 days yes and remember....you weigh different at different times of the day...so weigh yourself at the same time"

I always weigh every day.I know that I shouldn't but I like to keep track. I worked my butt off yesterday and stayed away from the chocolates even though I was craving them really badly but I know it paid off. I've lost 2.5lbs in a day (I know it's a lot but I do have a gastric band so the first couple of weeks the weight falls off of me)

By *rMojoRisinMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

I’m still lacking in motivation, even though I feel embarrassed when I get undressed at night.

I have had porridge for breakfast this week instead of thickly buttered toast. I’ve tried to not eat carbs at night, but bought a pizza on the way home last night as I was knackered. I guess I’m trying to build up some momentum.

"I’m still lacking in motivation, even though I feel embarrassed when I get undressed at night.

I have had porridge for breakfast this week instead of thickly buttered toast. I’ve tried to not eat carbs at night, but bought a pizza on the way home last night as I was knackered. I guess I’m trying to build up some momentum. "

The fact that your thinking about it is a start

Sheffield

"I’m still lacking in motivation, even though I feel embarrassed when I get undressed at night.

I have had porridge for breakfast this week instead of thickly buttered toast. I’ve tried to not eat carbs at night, but bought a pizza on the way home last night as I was knackered. I guess I’m trying to build up some momentum.

The fact that your thinking about it is a start"

Thank you, you’re right it does!

w

Yeah I log it on mfp and on the tracker I've been sent so can see the geberak trend is downwards so will continue to weigh daily but make more effort to look at the big picture. "

It’s not easy to do that so well done! The big picture is what matters

Keep on weighing yourself daily and adding to that bundle of data. There’s an old saying.

“We can’t change what we don’t measure”

Awesome to hear it’s trending downwards, your obviously working hard and doing the right stuff!!

Surprise surprise im gonna disagree about weighing yourself everyday....every 3 days yes and remember....you weigh different at different times of the day...so weigh yourself at the same time

I always weigh every day.I know that I shouldn't but I like to keep track. I worked my butt off yesterday and stayed away from the chocolates even though I was craving them really badly but I know it paid off. I've lost 2.5lbs in a day (I know it's a lot but I do have a gastric band so the first couple of weeks the weight falls off of me)"

I try not to weigh everyday but I'm too curious lol

Speaking of which, did u get your band put in abroad?

I have had porridge for breakfast this week instead of thickly buttered toast. I’ve tried to not eat carbs at night, but bought a pizza on the way home last night as I was knackered. I guess I’m trying to build up some momentum. "

Cliche time "it's not a sprint, it's a marathon". Your small changes will soon notch up x

Sheffield

Cliche time "it's not a sprint, it's a marathon". Your small changes will soon notch up x"

Near Wellingborough

I always weigh every day.I know that I shouldn't but I like to keep track. I worked my butt off yesterday and stayed away from the chocolates even though I was craving them really badly but I know it paid off. I've lost 2.5lbs in a day (I know it's a lot but I do have a gastric band so the first couple of weeks the weight falls off of me)

Speaking of which, did u get your band put in abroad? "

No, I went to Birmingham for mine. Good thing too as it broke and I had to have it repaired. Still the best money I've ever spent though. 7 stone down

No, I went to Birmingham for mine. Good thing too as it broke and I had to have it repaired. Still the best money I've ever spent though. 7 stone down "

And over what time frame (sorry if you've already said)

Near Wellingborough

No, I went to Birmingham for mine. Good thing too as it broke and I had to have it repaired. Still the best money I've ever spent though. 7 stone down

And over what time frame (sorry if you've already said)"

I've had it 10 years in December. I've got down to a 9 stone weight loss but didn't like it. Unfortunately gained too much weight so now trying to lose it again

evesham

OK so after my very dramatic posts yesterday I tracked within my calories and made sure I drank over 3 litres of water.... 2lb off this morning!

Today is also going to be a good, if rather sedentary day.

evesham

"OK so after my very dramatic posts yesterday I tracked within my calories and made sure I drank over 3 litres of water.... 2lb off this morning!

Today is also going to be a good, if rather sedentary day. "

To add...... I don't think 1 day of accurate calorie counting resulted in 2lb loss..... I think it was just water weight.

Near Wellingborough

[Removed by poster at 16/10/21 15:19:07]

Near Wellingborough

Well done, that's brilliant

"OK so after my very dramatic posts yesterday I tracked within my calories and made sure I drank over 3 litres of water.... 2lb off this morning!

Today is also going to be a good, if rather sedentary day. "

That's great news x

I'm 15:11 on the scales today but it was going that thing where it says 12 then changes to 11 so it's a precarious reading.

evesham

"I'm 15:11 on the scales today but it was going that thing where it says 12 then changes to 11 so it's a precarious reading. "

I sometimes get on and off a few times to check a reading lol

evesham

Stayed the same today. Food and water were good yesterday buy a bit of personal stress and not great sleep could have impacted that.

Did reach out for some emotional snacks last night but only some quavers and a bueno so could have been worse and was only 100 cals over my target.

Hoping today will be a better day although possibly going to pull an a nighter completing an assignment I've been putting off lol

Near Wellingborough

I had a bad day Friday (4 pack of toffee crisp and a family bag of skittles) I just got really bad sugar cravings and I gave in. Now I'm struggling to get back on it again. Hopefully the scales aren't too cruel tomorrow

"Stayed the same today. Food and water were good yesterday buy a bit of personal stress and not great sleep could have impacted that.

Did reach out for some emotional snacks last night but only some quavers and a bueno so could have been worse and was only 100 cals over my target.

Hoping today will be a better day although possibly going to pull an a nighter completing an assignment I've been putting off lol "

Good that you know what your slip ups are and are honest enough to post them x

"I had a bad day Friday (4 pack of toffee crisp and a family bag of skittles) I just got really bad sugar cravings and I gave in. Now I'm struggling to get back on it again. Hopefully the scales aren't too cruel tomorrow "

A havent been a total Saint all week. Been a LOT better than I usually am so I won't be doing any self flagilation atm. As I said with Evie, I appreciate the honesty.

evesham

"Stayed the same today. Food and water were good yesterday buy a bit of personal stress and not great sleep could have impacted that.

Hoping today will be a better day although possibly going to pull an a nighter completing an assignment I've been putting off lol

"

The only way to be accountable for them is to talk about them. I've got a call booked with my nutritionist tomorrow to discuss things like this. I know I will cry and feel like a knob but it's exactly this psychological response to food that doesn't get explored enough.

The snacks didn't make me feel better, they didn't solve anything and in fact they didn't taste that great either. I need to re-wire my brain for when I have these moments.

evesham

"I had a bad day Friday (4 pack of toffee crisp and a family bag of skittles) I just got really bad sugar cravings and I gave in. Now I'm struggling to get back on it again. Hopefully the scales aren't too cruel tomorrow "

If you think they will derail you if they are, don't weigh tomorrow. A friend of mine went off plan when we were away and agreed with the same I guy I work with not to weigh in for 3 days after she came back to givr her time to get back in to her routine.

By *hloevtTV/TS  over a year ago

norwich

Just love the larger lady's, so yummy x

The only way to be accountable for them is to talk about them. I've got a call booked with my nutritionist tomorrow to discuss things like this. I know I will cry and feel like a knob but it's exactly this psychological response to food that doesn't get explored enough.

The snacks didn't make me feel better, they didn't solve anything and in fact they didn't taste that great either. I need to re-wire my brain for when I have these moments. "

Yep, I can totally empathise. I eat shit and feel shit. I get no joy from it and yet I still do it. Its almost like a form of self harming but without cut or bruises I have to explain away. Good thing is is that I don't feel "hungry for the sake of it" hungry and can avoid hitting the chicken shop.or mick Ds after work at 4 in the morning.

"Just love the larger lady's, so yummy x "

That good as I'll need someone when I'm too fat to wash or cloth myself and/or lose my sight/toes to diabetes;-p

Near Wellingborough

"I had a bad day Friday (4 pack of toffee crisp and a family bag of skittles) I just got really bad sugar cravings and I gave in. Now I'm struggling to get back on it again. Hopefully the scales aren't too cruel tomorrow

If you think they will derail you if they are, don't weigh tomorrow. A friend of mine went off plan when we were away and agreed with the same I guy I work with not to weigh in for 3 days after she came back to givr her time to get back in to her routine. "

I'll still weigh in tomorrow, I need to own my screw ups. No one forced me to break my diet and if my weight is there in writing it might motivate me to do better next week

Hi!

Can I join? I’ve lost 14kg since May! I would like to lose ideally another 3kg and I’m trying to build some muscle and shape too!

I do circuits 3 x a week and completed a beginners strength training course - I’ve now joined CrossFit !

I follow a calorie deficit most days and this has worked well for me but I’ve been off the wagon for the last few weeks

evesham

"Hi!

Can I join? I’ve lost 14kg since May! I would like to lose ideally another 3kg and I’m trying to build some muscle and shape too!

I do circuits 3 x a week and completed a beginners strength training course - I’ve now joined CrossFit !

I follow a calorie deficit most days and this has worked well for me but I’ve been off the wagon for the last few weeks "

more the merrier, and well done on your loss so far!!!

evesham

"I had a bad day Friday (4 pack of toffee crisp and a family bag of skittles) I just got really bad sugar cravings and I gave in. Now I'm struggling to get back on it again. Hopefully the scales aren't too cruel tomorrow

If you think they will derail you if they are, don't weigh tomorrow. A friend of mine went off plan when we were away and agreed with the same I guy I work with not to weigh in for 3 days after she came back to givr her time to get back in to her routine.

I'll still weigh in tomorrow, I need to own my screw ups. No one forced me to break my diet and if my weight is there in writing it might motivate me to do better next week "

yeah, i get that and thats why when i came back from our holiday i made sure to weigh in and see what i had done

"Hi!

I follow a calorie deficit most days and this has worked well for me but I’ve been off the wagon for the last few weeks "

Well done and you're more than welcome

am i the only slimming worlder on the thread? lol

evesham

"am i the only slimming worlder on the thread? lol"

does it matter? i did slimmingworld and lost almost 3 stone but put it all back on again when i stopped going. i am trying a calorie deficit and restructuring my relationship with food now.

"am i the only slimming worlder on the thread? lol

does it matter? i did slimmingworld and lost almost 3 stone but put it all back on again when i stopped going. i am trying a calorie deficit and restructuring my relationship with food now."

just asking if any like minded slimmers on here....ok with you?

evesham

does it matter? i did slimmingworld and lost almost 3 stone but put it all back on again when i stopped going. i am trying a calorie deficit and restructuring my relationship with food now.

just asking if any like minded slimmers on here....ok with you?"

didn't say it wasn't but you were acting like it did.

hope it is still going well for you.

hope it is still going well for you."

everyone is doing there thing,mine is slimming world thats why i asked if anyone else was doing that....thats all

evesham

hope it is still going well for you.

everyone is doing there thing,mine is slimming world thats why i asked if anyone else was doing that....thats all"

hope you find some support from fellow slimmingworlders

button moon

Used to do slimmingworld, but not keen on the new plans as I don't eat bread or pasta anymore.

I've been off work this week, so in too close proximity to the cupboards and have maintained.

Hopefully do better next week when back at work.

"am i the only slimming worlder on the thread? lol"

I'm making up my own shit as I go along. If my way works then cool. If not then I'll steal inspiration from others.

After a bit of a flakey weekend the scales have had a stern warning for me. Focus and lose or flake and regret the mistake.

Back on track today so best of luck to everyone and HAPPY Monday x

evesham

Morning. Had another lazy day yesterday and only ate a roast dinner and pudding all day (and oddly didn't feel that hungry given I ate at 3:30!)

2lb down on the scales making it 30lb lost so far this year.... 16lb in 5 weeks.

"Morning. Had another lazy day yesterday and only ate a roast dinner and pudding all day (and oddly didn't feel that hungry given I ate at 3:30!)

2lb down on the scales making it 30lb lost so far this year.... 16lb in 5 weeks. "

Well done you!

Constipation prevention? Anyone

evesham

"Constipation prevention? Anyone"

Drink lots of water.... 3-4 litres. If you've changed your diet and increased fibre etc it needs loosening up.

"Constipation prevention? Anyone

Drink lots of water.... 3-4 litres. If you've changed your diet and increased fibre etc it needs loosening up. "

Damn, that's a lot of pee. I pray I don't sneeze lol

evesham

Drink lots of water.... 3-4 litres. If you've changed your diet and increased fibre etc it needs loosening up.

Damn, that's a lot of pee. I pray I don't sneeze lol"

haha i know but your body will adjust, i promise. maybe start at 2l first!

"Constipation prevention? Anyone"

Black coffee normally Clears me out...

Black coffee normally Clears me out..."

I can't stand the stuff!!!!

button moon

"

fresh orange juice, or if you can manage it, prune juice, only need about 50ml. Then as Evie said, lots of water.x

fresh orange juice, or if you can manage it, prune juice, only need about 50ml. Then as Evie said, lots of water.x"

Mmmmmm prunes...love prunes

By *r SxxMan  over a year ago

ashford

The weekly "diet starts today" thought has happened this morning haha

Although having pizza and an insane amount of ice cream for dinner last night, has made me actually believe it'll happen today. It was even too much for me!

Near Wellingborough

Well, by some miracle, I have stayed the same this week. Not holding out too much hope for the next week as the sharks have turned up but hopefully I won't binge too much on chocolate

"Well, by some miracle, I have stayed the same this week. Not holding out too much hope for the next week as the sharks have turned up but hopefully I won't binge too much on chocolate "

That's good you haven't gained

Finding it hard to not "pick" atm. Still sick but having to cover for people off sick and not having any breaks is not helping. Invited captian Morgan around last night and I'm sure he'll make an appearance tonight (1/4 bottle so showing some restraint lol)

Had planned to go to a couple of BDSM events this week but feel so crap atm. My ears are all snot clogged now (not sure if that's a thing but that's how it feels)

ARHHHHH!!!!!! I HATE THIS COLD!!!

evesham

"Finding it hard to not "pick" atm. Still sick but having to cover for people off sick and not having any breaks is not helping. Invited captian Morgan around last night and I'm sure he'll make an appearance tonight (1/4 bottle so showing some restraint lol)

Had planned to go to a couple of BDSM events this week but feel so crap atm. My ears are all snot clogged now (not sure if that's a thing but that's how it feels)

ARHHHHH!!!!!! I HATE THIS COLD!!!"

Hope you feel better soon x

evesham

2lb down this morning after and emotional chat with my nutritionist yesterday exploring why I feel u have to do things on my own even though I'm paying him to help me!

My coach at the gym warmed me that my lifting may be affected slightly as she knows that will piss me off cos I like the big numbers lol but it will just be as my body adjusts to lower body weight. Making sure I eat plenty of protein to help.

"Finding it hard to not "pick" atm. Still sick but having to cover for people off sick and not having any breaks is not helping. Invited captian Morgan around last night and I'm sure he'll make an appearance tonight (1/4 bottle so showing some restraint lol)

ARHHHHH!!!!!! I HATE THIS COLD!!!"

I had that for three weeks. Aches pains, temperature, coughing, bung-up

Needed antibiotics in the end for an ear infection...

Get better soon

Hope you feel better soon x"

thanks x

I had that for three weeks. Aches pains, temperature, coughing, bung-up

Needed antibiotics in the end for an ear infection...

Get better soon "

It's a nasty one alright. Was hoping it would be gone by next week as it's half term and I wanted fun times.

Anyone still hanging out on this?

Next week is half term so hopefully lots of fun to be had then. Going to have a nose around my local BDSM club tonight and hopefully OP4F tomorrow for theirs. Finding sexy fetish wear in larger sizes is a nightmare. Things I've seen are truly shocking.

"Anyone still hanging out on this?

Next week is half term so hopefully lots of fun to be had then. Going to have a nose around my local BDSM club tonight and hopefully OP4F tomorrow for theirs. Finding sexy fetish wear in larger sizes is a nightmare. Things I've seen are truly shocking. "

I'm still doing it, very slowly though, i like cake to much i just need to balance the cake out with more movement

evesham

1lb down again today. 33lb in total this year.

Last night was date night with my best friend so I can't control my dinner calories much but she's on a health kick also and made kebab from the pinch of nom book with slimming world chips and salad. I am very proud of myself for refusing chocolates twice while there!

Off to Aylesbury for work today so will be grabbing an on the go lunch but will make sure it's a healthy one.

Hope you all have a good day.

Next week is half term so hopefully lots of fun to be had then. Going to have a nose around my local BDSM club tonight and hopefully OP4F tomorrow for theirs. Finding sexy fetish wear in larger sizes is a nightmare. Things I've seen are truly shocking.

I'm still doing it, very slowly though, i like cake to much i just need to balance the cake out with more movement "

Slow and steady wins the race

"1lb down again today. 33lb in total this year.

Last night was date night with my best friend so I can't control my dinner calories much but she's on a health kick also and made kebab from the pinch of nom book with slimming world chips and salad. I am very proud of myself for refusing chocolates twice while there!

Off to Aylesbury for work today so will be grabbing an on the go lunch but will make sure it's a healthy one.

Hope you all have a good day. "

Glad to see you're losing and make those adjustments rather than missing out. I had my last date night with Wray and his nephew last night so trying not to hook up with Jack Daniels or Jim beam lol x

By *eturningMalarkyMan  over a year ago

hinckley

So just saw this and dont often jump in on the forums although an avid reader of them . So ive managed to put on about 4st over covid my work life didnt help . I have gave up my cushy transport office based job sat on my arse for 10 hours a day and for a more mobile warehouse and distribution supervisor being on my feet and moving round for 8 hours a day i already feel mentally better. physically im aching like buggary but still walking the dogs before and after work eating regular and better and starting the gym on again on saturday keep pushing folks even small changes are changes in the right direction

Next week is half term so hopefully lots of fun to be had then. Going to have a nose around my local BDSM club tonight and hopefully OP4F tomorrow for theirs. Finding sexy fetish wear in larger sizes is a nightmare. Things I've seen are truly shocking. "

Sorry....im still here

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chesterfield

"So just saw this and dont often jump in on the forums although an avid reader of them . So ive managed to put on about 4st over covid my work life didnt help . .

physically im aching like buggary but still walking the dogs before and after work eating regular and better and starting the gym on again on saturday keep pushing folks even small changes are changes in the right direction"

Similar but only a stone or two.

Wfh is killer. Folk just don’t let up with the meeting demands and so I don’t get out at all.