FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Sertraline

Sertraline

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone grind their teeth on sertraline?? Any better alternatives?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Best to talk to your doctor about alternatives. They do exist, but your medical circumstances determine what's suitable for you.

I couldn't tolerate it, but for different reasons.

"Best to talk to your doctor about alternatives. They do exist, but your medical circumstances determine what's suitable for you.

I couldn't tolerate it, but for different reasons."

Yeah gonna have to my teeth are terrible

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I get terrible headaches with it and it takes a lot to be able to cum.

I’m on them now ! Best to speak to doctor since I’ve been on them headaches irritable ! Loss of other things that I won’t say hear

By *gent CoulsonMan  over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

Other than taking a while to cum, I have been lucky, no side effects

By *eisty LadyWoman  over a year ago

Count Your Blessings Cottage, Gratitude Grove

"Anyone grind their teeth on sertraline?? Any better alternatives? "

I grind my teeth constantly and I’m not taking sertraline - it made me feel suicidal!

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

"Anyone grind their teeth on sertraline?? Any better alternatives?

I grind my teeth constantly and I’m not taking sertraline - it made me feel suicidal! "

Same. I've had to have some rebuilt on one side

"Best to talk to your doctor about alternatives. They do exist, but your medical circumstances determine what's suitable for you.

I couldn't tolerate it, but for different reasons."

I’d second this. It made me feel quite spaced out when I started on it. It did ease off after a while, but it just depends on how you tolerate things I guess. There will be other things out there

By *nliveneTV/TS  over a year ago

Selby

What is sertraline?

"Anyone grind their teeth on sertraline?? Any better alternatives?

I grind my teeth constantly and I’m not taking sertraline - it made me feel suicidal!

Same. I've had to have some rebuilt on one side "

Oh now that’s awful

By *ld StrumpetWoman  over a year ago

Telford

I did yes and I couldn’t keep my legs still or feet. Constantly tapped fingers as well. Stopped taking it

Trying to get mine changed ! Don’t think they right for me decision made by doctor and sych so out my hands really

"What is sertraline? "

An antidepressant according to Dr Google

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

The amount of people I see in clinic on it is staggering

More so the past 18 months

Just made me feel ‘nothing’ Just get the right one for you. If it works for the noggin and does what it needs to them maybe a mouth guard for the teeth grinding?

"Just made me feel ‘nothing’ Just get the right one for you. If it works for the noggin and does what it needs to them maybe a mouth guard for the teeth grinding? "

That’s exactly how I feel on it. It can sometimes take AGES to cum and I find that I have lost interest in many things I used to enjoy. Other than that no other side effects.

By *ooo wet tight hornyWoman  over a year ago

lancashire

"What is sertraline?

An antidepressant according to Dr Google "

Yes it is an Antidepressant...I take it, no side affects to report.

Made me feel.like I had spiders crawling all over my body so gave up after 2 weeks . Bloody horrible stuff . Shouldn't be used by anyone

Citalopram is good, just takes the edge off for me.

I was on it for years, only real side affect I noticed was I was unable to cum.

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"What is sertraline? "

Antidepressant

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Ask your doctor

By *rMojoRisinMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

Depends what you’re taking it for?

Just depression or anxiety too?

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

Didn't agree with me, I'd have kicked my own bucket if I had the energy on them. Saying that, it was at the very start of a full on breakdown so they probably kept me alive by wiping me out.

I found citalopram agreed far better with me and I could still function to some degree.

"Just made me feel ‘nothing’ Just get the right one for you. If it works for the noggin and does what it needs to them maybe a mouth guard for the teeth grinding?

That’s exactly how I feel on it. It can sometimes take AGES to cum and I find that I have lost interest in many things I used to enjoy. Other than that no other side effects. "

How long have you been on it? HAve you told the doc?

It didn't work for me, i'm now on venlafaxine and finally seem to have got the dosage right for me, finally got my libido back too, it only took 5 years

By *amesoflondonMan  over a year ago

London

This possibly ain't the best place to talk or absorb advice on meds/dose or the like hombre - suggest you eat, sleep and exercise well. chat to your doctor / psychologist.. they will most likely swap you onto another Ssri or add something to take edges off side effects first.. DM me if this helps or not. if you fancy a chat, I'm here, don't be shy or a stranger, you're on the right track and are going to be ok

"Citalopram is good, just takes the edge off for me. "

This ^^

Citalopram is the usual alternative to Sertraline. Though it can be harder to get the dose right and can make you moodier and disturb your sleep.

Been a life saver for me, but yes the teeth grinding and jaw clenching has been the biggest side effect.

My dentist made me a device to wear at night which has stopped me grinding, but not stopped the clenching unfortunately.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"What is sertraline?

An antidepressant according to Dr Google "

It's usually the first one that they try people on, unless there are pre-existing contraindications. Reasoning is:

- It works quite well for a lot of people.

- It has low side effects for a lot of people.

- It's one of the cheapest ones.

No claim that this is authoritive, but somewhere I think I heard that sertraline works out for about 80 to 90% of patients. So better to try folk on the one that is most likely to be okay first, rather than say one that only works for 40% of people.

Sertraline works okay for me. On the other hand I have an immediate family member that felt abysmally sick (nauseous, dizzy, climbing the walls) after only the first couple of days on it. They had to go cold turkey for about a week to get it all out of their system, then was tried on something different which works okay for them.

I think that with anti-deps it's very much a case of trial and error until you find something that works okay with your own particular body chemistry. If you're lucky, you hit it first or second try. Unlucky people though might have to try for ages to find something that works for them, and it could take a long time to get the dosage balanced right

Manchester (she/her)

Yeah, sertraline was a puke fest for me, both times I tried it.

I think I took over a dozen before I got one that fit me, including "are you sure none of these first line ones work for you?"

Liverpool

"What is sertraline?

An antidepressant according to Dr Google

It's usually the first one that they try people on, unless there are pre-existing contraindications. Reasoning is:

- It works quite well for a lot of people.

- It has low side effects for a lot of people.

- It's one of the cheapest ones.

No claim that this is authoritive, but somewhere I think I heard that sertraline works out for about 80 to 90% of patients. So better to try folk on the one that is most likely to be okay first, rather than say one that only works for 40% of people.

Sertraline works okay for me. On the other hand I have an immediate family member that felt abysmally sick (nauseous, dizzy, climbing the walls) after only the first couple of days on it. They had to go cold turkey for about a week to get it all out of their system, then was tried on something different which works okay for them.

I think that with anti-deps it's very much a case of trial and error until you find something that works okay with your own particular body chemistry. If you're lucky, you hit it first or second try. Unlucky people though might have to try for ages to find something that works for them, and it could take a long time to get the dosage balanced right "

I felt like a withdrawing junkie on Sertraline. Like my skin was crawling and my brain was being electrocuted. It also affected my coordination and sedated me so much I slept through a fire alarm. I really didn't get on with Citalopram either so I guess my brain is fussy .

Manchester (she/her)

"

I felt like a withdrawing junkie on Sertraline. Like my skin was crawling and my brain was being electrocuted. It also affected my coordination and sedated me so much I slept through a fire alarm. I really didn't get on with Citalopram either so I guess my brain is fussy . "

I take Venlafaxine now and the withdrawal is The Worst. Oh my god.

Otherwise I tolerate it better than anything else, and I've tried a lot.

Liverpool

"

I felt like a withdrawing junkie on Sertraline. Like my skin was crawling and my brain was being electrocuted. It also affected my coordination and sedated me so much I slept through a fire alarm. I really didn't get on with Citalopram either so I guess my brain is fussy .

Otherwise I tolerate it better than anything else, and I've tried a lot. "

That was the last one I tried before asking for a break. As they make you try each one for months before accepting it isn't working, I'd lost 18 months to severe side effects. I asked for a few months off and ended up never going back on any. Depression was easier than the side effects!

Manchester (she/her)

"

That was the last one I tried before asking for a break. As they make you try each one for months before accepting it isn't working, I'd lost 18 months to severe side effects. I asked for a few months off and ended up never going back on any. Depression was easier than the side effects! "

Yikes, I'm sorry. It's rough.

For me it's just if I forget to take it. I've got permanent stuff from antidepressants I've taken, unfortunately.

Liverpool

"

That was the last one I tried before asking for a break. As they make you try each one for months before accepting it isn't working, I'd lost 18 months to severe side effects. I asked for a few months off and ended up never going back on any. Depression was easier than the side effects!

For me it's just if I forget to take it. I've got permanent stuff from antidepressants I've taken, unfortunately. "

They're really helpful to some which is great! I guess I'm just unlucky.

Manchester (she/her)

"

For me it's just if I forget to take it. I've got permanent stuff from antidepressants I've taken, unfortunately.

They're really helpful to some which is great! I guess I'm just unlucky. "

Definitely. I'm sorry that hasn't been your experience

By *r.SJMan  over a year ago

Wellingborough

Anyone tried Escitalapram?

I've tried loads before... none that effective and like others have said, gave up and been going the depression alone but really really need a break and doctors prescribed the above... new one to me, so thoughts gracefully received.

And to any other sufferers... I've been through some shit times and although I might struggle myself, am always an ear to listen... so much easier to preach than practice and I've plenty experience.

Hubby on it as its a seratonin inhibitor.. Helps with his hot flushes

Terrible first three week & still not great but don’t fancy coming off now due to withdrawal. Yes, takes a while to cum now but that’s a good thing imho

» Add a new message to this topic