FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Do you truly know yourself

Do you truly know yourself

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iew OP   Man  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

following on from the two faced thread...

do you know yourself and accept any flaws you may have, do you endeavour to change some or just get on with it.

I really think I do, I can be a spoilt sulky little brat who when not getting my own way can be an arse. I think I am very honest tho.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"following on from the two faced thread...

do you know yourself and accept any flaws you may have, do you endeavour to change some or just get on with it.

I really think I do, I can be a spoilt sulky little brat who when not getting my own way can be an arse. I think I am very honest tho."

I just get on with it!

Life's too short to worry!

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

As individuals we are what we are, having been together 23 years, there's not much we don't know about each other, as for either of us changing, nah, can't be arsed

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

to be able to grow, improve & move forward... it has helped me

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Rather too well for my own good. I do strive to change the less attractive traits and keep the generous warm ones.

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

I think I pretty much know myself... I've got one or two traits I don't much like therefore I'm trying to change them (e.g. I'm a bad loser, but work hard not to show it...) I don't tolerate fools easily, but there's a lot of them around so I have to work at that as well...on the whole, I quite like who I am at this point in my life (though I could do without the fecking arthritis)

I know my shortcomings, I accept them as being a balance for my attributes.

I am what I am. If you don't like it... Unlucky

"I know my shortcomings, I accept them as being a balance for my attributes. "

Yep. I can be a proper arsehole. Moody, grumpy the list goes on really.

I am mostly a nice guy, just have my moments.

Makes me wonder most days how I managed to marry such a beautiful lady.

She obviously saw something. Crazy chica.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"Rather too well for my own good. I do strive to change the less attractive traits and keep the generous warm ones."

By *ackandkateCouple  over a year ago

Truro

As we get older we generally get more tolerant of other peoples _iews, but at the same time we aren't afraid to express our own.

I'm don't see myself as argumentative and I'm quite willing to let someone else have the last word.

I'm honest and I'll always tell it as I see it. Others might not agree with me, but I'll stand by what I say until someone can persuade me otherwise.

So you see, I'm fuckin' perfik

I really think I do, I can be a spoilt sulky little brat who when not getting my own way can be an arse. I think I am very honest tho."

View, you ALWAYS come across as the epitome of The Foundation (lots of folk will wonder what I mean but I think you'll understand)

Yes I am very self aware. I have some wonderful attributes, I am warm and giving, dependable and loving, a true friend, I have a fun nature, I am happy and cheerful and also an excellent listener, assertive in a non threatening way and give honest straightforward advice.

I am also a vain and spoilt diva who likes her own way, does not like to be told no, has a pretty big ego and has little tolerance for those she believes are foolish.

I think the worst thing to be is a person who is not able to accept or deny their own faults

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I really think I do, I can be a spoilt sulky little brat who when not getting my own way can be an arse. I think I am very honest tho.

View, you ALWAYS come across as the epitome of The Foundation (lots of folk will wonder what I mean but I think you'll understand)"

thanks and I had coffee there last weekend

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

The "well karen" likes who she. The unwell karen hates everything about herself

"The "well karen" likes who she. The unwell karen hates everything about herself"

Tell "well Karen" to slap the other one because we like you whoever you are. xx

I have loads of fault, i know them all, would i change them? no thats why im single, because i refuse to change to suit someone else or fit into someone elses life style and ive never met a guy who is willing to put up with me. so here i am.....alone.....again

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

I will always admit to myself, and occasionally to others that I do not know myself at all.

I know who I want to be, but usually something gets in the way of that.

I think I spent so long as a younger person being something different to everyone, that I am only just beginning to break away, and realise my own traits, be they good or bad.

No, i'm always learning about myself and growing/changing opinions and developing as a person.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"I will always admit to myself, and occasionally to others that I do not know myself at all.

I think I spent so long as a younger person being something different to everyone, that I am only just beginning to break away, and realise my own traits, be they good or bad.

"

I love your reply.... thank you

At my age all I'm developing now is forgetfulness and middle age spread.

I'm past caring about maturing with the years.

older i get the more i do ... but i can be a little wild and like diffrent things as normal can be boring to me so ... I take risks at times.

By *obinhood-maidmarionCouple  over a year ago

Tenerife

yep we both know our flaws, socially, psyically and mentally aswell, we just get on with it although around others we do make an effort not to be un sociable.

we are not gym goers and both have a few extra pounds, so avoid anyone who specifically says no fatties.

We are opinionated but that doesnt stop us taking other points onboard.

By *ornyHorwichCpl aka HHCCouple  over a year ago

horwich

"I will always admit to myself, and occasionally to others that I do not know myself at all.

"

I always denied parts of who I was to make myself more likeable to others. It doesn't work so am now true to myself and am so much happier for it

"yep we both know our flaws, socially, psyically and mentally aswell, we just get on with it although around others we do make an effort not to be un sociable.

we are not gym goers and both have a few extra pounds, so avoid anyone who specifically says no fatties.

We are opinionated but that doesnt stop us taking other points onboard."

I read that as being individuals and not part of a herd.

I know I am not perfect and have flaws, however, I am honest about them, and am the first to confess to them to the uninitiated.

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

... ."

Yes

Yes

Yes (some)

Yes, sometimes..... I just can't be arsed to apply control to do the 'better' thing.... sometimes.

By *uyuksno1Man  over a year ago

poole

ive always been rebellious and when i was younger i think most of hang ups were my insecurities that i blamed on other things or people

as ive gotten older im aware that those insecurities have bee of my own making and i have learnt to curb my rebellious side t a more positive way of thinking and like myself more

the biggest lesson was to be honest with myself and change the negatives and accept the positives im still a rebel but a nicer one han before xxxx

By *ighclassfunMan  over a year ago

Cheshire

I have had many experiences, positive and otherwise - each has allowed me to understand a little more about myself

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

I am very self aware - I know my faults and I have a good idea of how other people perceive me. That of course depends on how I present on a particualr occasion.

I am warm, kind, giving, ridiculously generous to my friends and family and the most loyal person imaginable.

On the other hand I dont suffer fools gladly, I have very high standards and expectations of (only) those close to me and I am very selective in my choice of friends and playmates - some would call that arrogant.

Take a look at the Bugatti Veyron. The fastest production car in the world, built by Volkswagon sparing no expense in it's development and to some an amazing example of what can be achieved on four wheels and the pinnacle of motor engineering. Yet to others it is a an example of everything that is wrong with the non green petrol head capitalists and is abhorrent.

My point is whatever your attribute or faults it is your individual mix, some will like and love your mix, some will dislike and maybe hate your mix. Change the mix and you change your character and probably that X factor in your behavior that you don't control but actually makes you the person your friends, family, lover etc choose to be around.

I am very happy with the people around me and for that reason if for no other I am happy with myself, the good and the not so good, if that makes sense to you.....and if doesn't make sense to you, that's ok too.

Im fully aware of where i go wrong..but hopefully my good side far outweigh the bad. Lol

"Take a look at the Bugatti Veyron. The fastest production car in the world, built by Volkswagon sparing no expense in it's development and to some an amazing example of what can be achieved on four wheels and the pinnacle of motor engineering. Yet to others it is a an example of everything that is wrong with the non green petrol head capitalists and is abhorrent.

My point is whatever your attribute or faults it is your individual mix, some will like and love your mix, some will dislike and maybe hate your mix. Change the mix and you change your character and probably that X factor in your behavior that you don't control but actually makes you the person your friends, family, lover etc choose to be around.

I am very happy with the people around me and for that reason if for no other I am happy with myself, the good and the not so good, if that makes sense to you.....and if doesn't make sense to you, that's ok too. "

What a truly excellent post which I fully relate to it

i sure do! been around some time...but to make sure il ask me later when i wake up!

"Take a look at the Bugatti Veyron. The fastest production car in the world, built by Volkswagon sparing no expense in it's development and to some an amazing example of what can be achieved on four wheels and the pinnacle of motor engineering. Yet to others it is a an example of everything that is wrong with the non green petrol head capitalists and is abhorrent.

I am very happy with the people around me and for that reason if for no other I am happy with myself, the good and the not so good, if that makes sense to you.....and if doesn't make sense to you, that's ok too.

What a truly excellent post which I fully relate to it "

Thank you.

I know myself

'Neither Devil, Nor Divine' just about sums me up

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I do know myself, very well now. I like me, and dont feel the need to change as i am happy with me.

I dont think anyone truly knows themselves, as different situations bring out different reactions that aren't in our usual day to day traits.

I think I'm still evolving..I reach a point where I feel I know and am content with myself and then I discover something new. The good thing now is that I enjoy the journey a LOT more than when I was younger.

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

No I don't think I truely know myself as I will often behave/act in a manner that suprises me. (and sometimes others)

But I also know what my flaws and good points are.

» Add a new message to this topic