FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Verifications

Verifications

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ynda1978 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Liverpool

If you've met some off here is there an expectation that you have to verify them or they verify you??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No expectation at all, but if you want to be verified just ask

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

No. I don’t usually verify and don’t want any back either. It seems the norm to do so though.

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"No. I don’t usually verify and don’t want any back either. It seems the norm to do so though. "

Sexual ones I meant to say. Social ones I’ll do if someone wants one x

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I do expect one yes, but that is something I would have discussed with him earlier, some have hidden mine or wouldn't veri me, so a revisit was not arranged when their reasons became clear...

By *heGateKeeperMan  over a year ago

Stratford

Not an expectation and I generally would at the earliest convenience. If they chose to publish that’s up to them. If someone asked I would, even if we weren’t compatible.

I have met a few forumers but have no verifications on this account, so I don’t use that as the only barometer of legitimacy

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

There's no rule about it. For people that have got lots of veris already there is no necessity for it, but it is a chance to share a nice comment or maybe a silly anecdote, if things went well. Personally I don't favour the, shall we say more graphic, style of veri.

If one of the people is a newbie with few or no veris, it's kind of a nice thing to do to help them get their profile going, but there is absolutely no obligation. Especially if the meet was a disaster!

There's never any expectation, but I think generally as a rule its nice to give one to a newbie, as Polly said to help them with their profile, regardless of whether you're planning to meet them again.

I've verified the same person/people on each meet, and then regretted it . Not because they weren't a nice person, far from it, but because I felt almost childish

Almost showing off that I'd seen them again... Sad I know

Sorry I'm waffling..

(Goes to hit head on a brick wall, and sits back in corner)....

"If you've met some off here is there an expectation that you have to verify them or they verify you?? "

I've met more recently and neither of us verified.

Sometimes it can be so judgemental these days, it's not worth the trouble writing one!

Competition = Trouble

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It's the norm, I think, but it can be broken. I usually ask.

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

It's always good when people take the time to, I only do this for socials though. Unless it was a disaster... lol

I see it as a common courtesy to verify, if you've enjoyed someone's company why not say so. That way others can see they are genuine and worth meeting too

I’m a newbie and have had a meeting but not been verified, felt wrong to ask, like desperate for recognition.

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Not bothered

It’s difficult for newbies to get a fair chance of being considered genuine if people don’t verify.

Clearly, it’s up to individuals to do as they wish.

"I see it as a common courtesy to verify, if you've enjoyed someone's company why not say so. That way others can see they are genuine and worth meeting too "

"I’m a newbie and have had a meeting but not been verified, felt wrong to ask, like desperate for recognition. "

I'd ask mate. As a guy it's tough even with veris so without it's nigh on impossible for most women to want to engage with you.

If you've taken the effort to meet with someone then I think it's only fair they give you a short veri even if it's just to say you look like your pics and you're not a complete knobhead.

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

I would have plenty more verifications, but not everyone on here likes to admit they’ve met with a TV. That’s one of the reasons I only meet with people who are specifically interested in TV’s.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I see it as a common courtesy to verify, if you've enjoyed someone's company why not say so. That way others can see they are genuine and worth meeting too "

It's probably different for men and/or people who are less established as genuine and meeting.

I know my first few verifications were like gold dust - see, I am real, stop abusing me for not meeting (you)

I have met some off here but haven’t received verifications for 6 months & I haven’t given any either but I think some things should just be kept in your mind you know it was a good time & leave it like that

No i dont think so, some people send one straight away and others only do so if asked, i tend to only leave one in return or if they ask me to do them one ad i myslef am not really bothered about them

By *onguesandpunsMan  over a year ago

East Midlands

I'm stuck in the 'fab purgatory' (also a looping equation) of no meets + no verifications = no meets + no verifications

Verifications are mostly an issue for single men and new couples TBF.

"No i dont think so, some people send one straight away and others only do so if asked, i tend to only leave one in return or if they ask me to do them one ad i myslef am not really bothered about them "

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

I tend not to verify first, but if someone I've met verifies me I always leave one in return.

If someone doesn't verify me I don't read anything into it as, after all, I've not verified them either!

» Add a new message to this topic