FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Fat club

Fat club

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm becoming "too fat to function" and need to take matters into hand before if massively impacts on my health. If anyone fancies joining me to loose the weight then feel free to contribute. Before "mouth almightly" on here chimes in with his "its not about the quick fix blah blah" it is for me. I want to shed a bit then work on the maintenance and healthy lifestyle.

Maybe we could get a diet club or support thread going. Like weightwatchers without the church hall.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Would we be allowed cakes? Asking for a friend

By *dalisqueWoman  over a year ago

land of make believe

I definitely need to lose weight.

The only things that fit me are my shoes and bags xx

By *hubby CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Essex

We would be open to the idea, is this more of an online club or a meet club ? X

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

Fully support this

Bring fat isn’t good

Add me to the list please

"Would we be allowed cakes? Asking for a friend "

Everyone does their own things. Just a space to share your losses or vent if you've had a shit day. Dieting is not easy x

By *urvySub87Woman  over a year ago

Near Wellingborough

I desperately need to lose weight. My rolls have rolls

"I desperately need to lose weight. My rolls have rolls "

I know that feeling x

At work now so won't reply until stupid o'clock tomorrow morning.

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

I think I may have to join after today.

I'm in let myself go need the old me back x

By *landfordfabbersCouple  over a year ago

Blandford ish

Sounds like a good idea… I echo many of the problems here!! Rolls on rolls especially

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Lost almost 2 stone (just can't get past that 1lb grrrrr) this year and hoping for more!

Big thing for me was to stop snacking and learn that I'm never actually truly hungry.

I'm in

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

"Lost almost 2 stone (just can't get past that 1lb grrrrr) this year and hoping for more!

Big thing for me was to stop snacking and learn that I'm never actually truly hungry. "

you're doing really well...I sometimes look at my chunky body and think it wouldn't hurt to miss a meal now and again

"I definitely need to lose weight.

The only things that fit me are my shoes and bags xx"

Found out last night most of my sexy shoes don't!!!

And don't get me started on boots

"Lost almost 2 stone (just can't get past that 1lb grrrrr) this year and hoping for more!

Big thing for me was to stop snacking and learn that I'm never actually truly hungry. "

I just have really bad habits and eat crap with no nutrition in it

"I think I may have to join after today."

Let's do.it

"I'm in"

I’ve lost a stone recently need to keep going

By *agerMorganMan  over a year ago

Canvey Island

I’m in.

Started walking again after a long illness and to be honest, I’m enjoying the exercise

Just for the record. I have no issue with size, especially on women. I do prefer a more curvy shape especially if the skin is pale and smooth.

I do not do fat well. I have ugly fat. It goes to my chin, belly, bingo wings and now inner thigh.

Around this time 10 years ago I joined "Lighter life" and lost 7 stone in 7 months. (I was a bit heavier than now) My lifestyle changed and I started dating (was celibate for 11 years before that. Putting on weight was a "defence mechanism to avoid men as I was doing the single mum thing and didn't want drama)

And I started drinking after a life time of being "straight edge".

The weight crept back as I didn't maintain a health diet, I got comfortable then got stressed and found every excuse under the sun to eat crap.

"I’ve lost a stone recently need to keep going "

Well done! Keep going!!!

"I’m in.

Started walking again after a long illness and to be honest, I’m enjoying the exercise "

Cool, I do like walking. I.need to pick up my pace as I do dawdle.

evesham

Big thing for me was to stop snacking and learn that I'm never actually truly hungry.

"

Habits are very hard to break but not impossible. I'm actually very surprised at how easily I have managed to stop my car snacks or mid morning/mid afternoon snacks. Its made such a difference to my blood sugars as well.

By *rMojoRisinMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

I’ve lost all willpower, and am feeling pretty shite at the moment. Open to anything at the minute!!!

By *0hnnyBrav0Man  over a year ago

Great Wyrley

I feel the same. It was time to do something.

I started the Keto(ish) lifestyle on the 29th august and purchased my first ever set of scales to monitor progress.

As of this morning, I’ve hit the 2 stone weight loss. The first majority of weight lost of it is water loss. The last few weeks it’s been really slow and steady.

I’m feeling the best I have in years. Gone is all the fatigue that I used to have and I’m no longer suffering the bloating and trapped wind.

The biggest win for me is that the IBS has disappeared.

I’ll be staying eating this way going forward.

GL

"I’ve lost all willpower, and am feeling pretty shite at the moment. Open to anything at the minute!!! "

It's no presure. I'm going to be using it to record the crap I eat and weight loss/adds. Just a way of keeping a track on things. Anyone is free to use as they like as long as they are not putting others down.

"I feel the same. It was time to do something.

I started the Keto(ish) lifestyle on the 29th august and purchased my first ever set of scales to monitor progress.

As of this morning, I’ve hit the 2 stone weight loss. The first majority of weight lost of it is water loss. The last few weeks it’s been really slow and steady.

I’m feeling the best I have in years. Gone is all the fatigue that I used to have and I’m no longer suffering the bloating and trapped wind.

GL "

That's a great share and very motivational

Wheat is my downfall. I feel like crap if I've had loads but it's everywhere

Habits are very hard to break but not impossible. I'm actually very surprised at how easily I have managed to stop my car snacks or mid morning/mid afternoon snacks. Its made such a difference to my blood sugars as well. "

Great to hear your breaking habits

I'm changing my route to work so I don't pass the shop and leaving cash and cards at home.

I've just phoned up to join the gym again after 2 years not put any weight on but lost the shape. Im going to try mixing with people again after too long. Good luck all

By *0hnnyBrav0Man  over a year ago

Great Wyrley

GL

"

Aye, don’t get me wrong, that first week to ten days it was hard passing the cheese puffs and the crumpets and pastas in the aisles but once the sugar and carbs are reduced in your system I stopped craving them.

Now I look at them and think, nope remember what it used to do to me? Nah, I’m not having them awful feelings again. This is what I’m thinking and I’m only nearly 2 months in to this way of eating.

Also, my scales tell me that my visceral fat is down from 16% to 12% which is heading in the right direction for coming out the danger zone

"I've just phoned up to join the gym again after 2 years not put any weight on but lost the shape. Im going to try mixing with people again after too long. Good luck all "

Once I lose some weight I'll consider the gym. Hope you enjoy x

GL

Aye, don’t get me wrong, that first week to ten days it was hard passing the cheese puffs and the crumpets and pastas in the aisles but once the sugar and carbs are reduced in your system I stopped craving them.

Now I look at them and think, nope remember what it used to do to me? Nah, I’m not having them awful feelings again. This is what I’m thinking and I’m only nearly 2 months in to this way of eating.

Also, my scales tell me that my visceral fat is down from 16% to 12% which is heading in the right direction for coming out the danger zone "

Amazing x

"I've just phoned up to join the gym again after 2 years not put any weight on but lost the shape. Im going to try mixing with people again after too long. Good luck all

Once I lose some weight I'll consider the gym. Hope you enjoy x"

Thank you apprehensive but once I go for the first time it will be good. Look forward to seeing the progress pics of you on here

Near Wellingborough

I am your typical yo yo dieter. I lost 9 stone, decided I didn't like the look so I'll gain 10lbs. Gained 4 stone managed to lose nearly 2 stone....lock down hit and gained 2 stone. I've managed to lose those 2 stone again but still have another one to go but I just can't get into the diet frame of mind at the moment. Very frustrating

By *urvyBi-84Man  over a year ago

Lancs

I’d be up for this. I’d be happy to have some support losing a few stone!

"I am your typical yo yo dieter. I lost 9 stone, decided I didn't like the look so I'll gain 10lbs. Gained 4 stone managed to lose nearly 2 stone....lock down hit and gained 2 stone. I've managed to lose those 2 stone again but still have another one to go but I just can't get into the diet frame of mind at the moment. Very frustrating "

This is just a casual drop in/strict regime depending on who wants what. I'm more flakey than a Cadburys confection but I need to do something before it's too late.

"I’d be up for this. I’d be happy to have some support losing a few stone!"

Glad to hear it x

Completely understand the want for loosing weight and admire people that do but just throw this out there Christmas is coming up which means chocolate, cake, turkey, desserts and the booze who can say no to the booze

"Completely understand the want for loosing weight and admire people that do but just throw this out there Christmas is coming up which means chocolate, cake, turkey, desserts and the booze who can say no to the booze "

Muslims

"Completely understand the want for loosing weight and admire people that do but just throw this out there Christmas is coming up which means chocolate, cake, turkey, desserts and the booze who can say no to the booze "

Some people might want to lose a bit on the run up to Christmas. And Christmas is still just a day, right.

By *ulluSukaWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

I love the idea of this.

"Completely understand the want for loosing weight and admire people that do but just throw this out there Christmas is coming up which means chocolate, cake, turkey, desserts and the booze who can say no to the booze

Some people might want to lose a bit on the run up to Christmas. And Christmas is still just a day, right. "

Yea true, i wish you all the best of luck

"Completely understand the want for loosing weight and admire people that do but just throw this out there Christmas is coming up which means chocolate, cake, turkey, desserts and the booze who can say no to the booze

Some people might want to lose a bit on the run up to Christmas. And Christmas is still just a day, right.

Yea true, i wish you all the best of luck "

Thanks babe x

"I love the idea of this. "

Feel free to jump in

By *oveGiving44Man  over a year ago

Bristol

I'm in! I've been struggling with my weight since we started working from home last year. Before then I was always very active and ate fairly healthily. That went out of the window last year.

Getting older seems to make it harder too. Until I was 35 I could eat and drink anything and not put on weight. Not I put on a few pounds just thinking about food!

By *ingle ex cuckMan  over a year ago

chester

Wish my stomach was a thin as my cock

hi everyone im sophia and new to the forums. can i be in too please? im overweight and need to shift a few stone. any help/suggestions would be welcome

"hi everyone im sophia and new to the forums. can i be in too please? im overweight and need to shift a few stone. any help/suggestions would be welcome"

Nice to meet you Sophia, glad you're in

For a quick result. I have done this and lost 12lbs in a week

The basis of this diet is chemical. If you follow the diet to the letter for one week you should lose 14 pounds (and possibly up to 20 pounds)

Day 1 Breakfast 1 slice dry toast and grilled tomatoes

Lunch Fresh fruit (any amount)

Dinner 2 hard boiled eggs, salad, grapefruit

Day 2 Breakfast Grapefruit, 1 boiled egg

Lunch Roast chicken (any amount) & tomatoes

Dinner Grilled steak and salad

Day 3 Breakfast Grapefruit, 1 boiled egg

Lunch 2 boiled eggs and tomatoes

Dinner 2 Grilled lamb chops, celery & cucumber

Day 4 Breakfast 2 slices dry toast, 2 poached eggs

Lunch fresh fruit (any amount)

Day 5 Breakfast 1 slice dry toast, 2 poached eggs

Lunch 2 poached eggs & tomatoes

Dinner Fresh or tinned fish and salad

Day 6 Breakfast 1 boiled egg, 1 glass grapefruit juice

Dinner Roast chicken, cabbage, carrots

Day 7 Breakfast 2 scrambled eggs, grilled tomatoes

Lunch 2 Poached eggs& spinach

Dinner Grilled steak & salad

NOTE

Abstain from anything not mentioned.

Eat only what is shown or do without.

No substitutions allowed.

No eating between meals

No alcohol

No butter milk or fat

Drinks = black tea, black coffee, lemon tea, grapefruit juice, tonic, soda or water only

Salad = lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes and celery only

"hi everyone im sophia and new to the forums. can i be in too please? im overweight and need to shift a few stone. any help/suggestions would be welcome

Nice to meet you Sophia, glad you're in"

nice to meet you too

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

"For a quick result. I have done this and lost 12lbs in a week

The basis of this diet is chemical. If you follow the diet to the letter for one week you should lose 14 pounds (and possibly up to 20 pounds)

NOTE

No eating between meals

No alcohol

No butter milk or fat

Drinks = black tea, black coffee, lemon tea, grapefruit juice, tonic, soda or water only

"

I honestly don't think that I could loose 1 stone in 1 week.

Mrs

w

NOTE

No eating between meals

No alcohol

No butter milk or fat

"

This might be the dumbest and potentially harmful thing Ive seen posted here

By *sBlueWoman  over a year ago

Up North

NOTE

No eating between meals

No alcohol

No butter milk or fat

This might be the dumbest and potentially harmful thing Ive seen posted here "

Sounds awful and I don’t like eggs

NOTE

No eating between meals

No alcohol

No butter milk or fat

Mrs"

Only 1 way to find out. I can only go by my experience and I was happy with the results

NOTE

No eating between meals

No alcohol

No butter milk or fat

"

Interesting.

I've put on sooo much weight during lockdown and have lost almost all my confidence

, love to loose some weight

A town near you perhaps

NOTE

No eating between meals

No alcohol

No butter milk or fat

Mrs

Only 1 way to find out. I can only go by my experience and I was happy with the results "

Very true. It probably depends a lot on how much weight you have to loose too I'm guessing.

NOTE

No eating between meals

No alcohol

No butter milk or fat

why please?

i already do my own thing...not posted about it in a while....i will do soon

w

NOTE

No eating between meals

No alcohol

No butter milk or fat

why please?"

It’s just a random assortment of foods. No amounts, no measurements, nothing.

What does he mean by “chemical”?

I could eat this and gain weight, because no measurements are listed

It’s just absolute rubbish and I’ve reported it as such. Info like this shouldn’t be given out and the fact that people are considering it is scary

evesham

NOTE

No eating between meals

No alcohol

No butter milk or fat

For once I agree with you on one of these threads!

Lose weight if you want to, do it for you not because of any societal pressures but do it safely people! Losing 20lb in a werk is fucking crazy!

NOTE

No eating between meals

No alcohol

No butter milk or fat

why please?

It’s just absolute rubbish and I’ve reported it as such. Info like this shouldn’t be given out and the fact that people are considering it is scary "

OK. What would you recommend to us? You obviously look fit and healthy

NOTE

No eating between meals

No alcohol

No butter milk or fat

why please?

It’s just absolute rubbish and I’ve reported it as such. Info like this shouldn’t be given out and the fact that people are considering it is scary "

does this effect you in any way shape or form? no.....so jog on pal,just assume people on this site are able to judge for themselves if they should do this or not....again i dont see what qualifies you to say its bad?????

NOTE

No eating between meals

No alcohol

No butter milk or fat

"

I've done this as a kick start to my healthy eating. I lost 12lbs the first time and 11 the second time. For me it's a great way to give me a shock into cutting out the crap that I eat. It forces me to stop drinking alcohol and at the end of it you see the numbers go down significantly. I know it isn't a quick fix or healthy if maintained long term. That isn't what it's intended for. We all respond to different methods but I really need the discipline it brings to that first week.

w

NOTE

No eating between meals

No alcohol

No butter milk or fat

why please?

It’s just absolute rubbish and I’ve reported it as such. Info like this shouldn’t be given out and the fact that people are considering it is scary

OK. What would you recommend to us? You obviously look fit and healthy "

It’s a long read but it does the job very nicely

https://www.strongerbyscience.com/diet/

Read that until you fully understand it, then start trying to implement it.

Weight loss should be slow.

NOTE

No eating between meals

No alcohol

No butter milk or fat

why please?

OK. What would you recommend to us? You obviously look fit and healthy

It’s a long read but it does the job very nicely

Read that until you fully understand it, then start trying to implement it.

Weight loss should be slow. "

Thank you very much, I shall take a look

w

NOTE

No eating between meals

No alcohol

No butter milk or fat

why please?

does this effect you in any way shape or form? no.....so jog on pal,just assume people on this site are able to judge for themselves if they should do this or not....again i dont see what qualifies you to say its bad?????"

Your a danger to people trying to safely lose weight by supporting that kinda stuff and I hope the admins here take the safety of their members seriously enough to remove comments like that.

"i already do my own thing...not posted about it in a while....i will do soon"

Look forward to hearing about it

By *stellaWoman  over a year ago

London

I’m very overweight currently. I feel like I need to be rolled places.

"I’m very overweight currently. I feel like I need to be rolled places. "

Same here. I lost nearly 4 stone a couple of years ago and have put it all back on. I could blame lockdown but that's only part of the story. It's my lack of motivation to lose it and keep on top of it that is the issue for me. I'm getting back on it though as like the OP,I don't carry that extra weight well.

"I’m very overweight currently. I feel like I need to be rolled places.

Same here. I lost nearly 4 stone a couple of years ago and have put it all back on. I could blame lockdown but that's only part of the story. It's my lack of motivation to lose it and keep on top of it that is the issue for me. I'm getting back on it though as like the OP,I don't carry that extra weight well."

Disclaimer: I'm not saying the OP doesn't carry it well, I've not looked, just going by what she said.

London

Same here. I lost nearly 4 stone a couple of years ago and have put it all back on. I could blame lockdown but that's only part of the story. It's my lack of motivation to lose it and keep on top of it that is the issue for me. I'm getting back on it though as like the OP,I don't carry that extra weight well."

We will get there! I just need to kick my arse.

A town near you perhaps

NOTE

No eating between meals

No alcohol

No butter milk or fat

why please?

does this effect you in any way shape or form? no.....so jog on pal,just assume people on this site are able to judge for themselves if they should do this or not....again i dont see what qualifies you to say its bad?????

Your a danger to people trying to safely lose weight by supporting that kinda stuff and I hope the admins here take the safety of their members seriously enough to remove comments like that. "

He isn't forcing anyone to do it, he was simply saying what worked for him. Lots of people incl yourself give advice that isn't always 100% correct and works for everyone. That 7 day diet plan is just another idea for people.

Same here. I lost nearly 4 stone a couple of years ago and have put it all back on. I could blame lockdown but that's only part of the story. It's my lack of motivation to lose it and keep on top of it that is the issue for me. I'm getting back on it though as like the OP,I don't carry that extra weight well.

We will get there! I just need to kick my arse. "

Same here, I find excuses to blame everyone and everything but it all begins and ends with me.

By *ronmant16Man  over a year ago

Sheffield

I keep saying I could do with losing some weight, Im from the countryside and enjoy walking and generally enjoying nature and think this is probably the best exercise for me but I'm one of those people who likes a "buddy" to increase the willpower and just enjoy chatting etc, does anyone use a club or do they even exist, maybe even include some "fun " along the way

We will get there! I just need to kick my arse.

Same here, I find excuses to blame everyone and everything but it all begins and ends with me. "

We can do this!

w

NOTE

No eating between meals

No alcohol

No butter milk or fat

why please?

Your a danger to people trying to safely lose weight by supporting that kinda stuff and I hope the admins here take the safety of their members seriously enough to remove comments like that.

He isn't forcing anyone to do it, he was simply saying what worked for him. Lots of people incl yourself give advice that isn't always 100% correct and works for everyone. That 7 day diet plan is just another idea for people."

That advice could make someone seriously ill or faint. It doesn’t even hit the recommended daily level of fat that’s required.

It’s dangerous

I’ve never given dangerous advice on here. I’d never recommend a strict plan like that to people I know nothing about.

I couldn't elaborate much the last day. I was losing service fast.

I'm obese. I have been for 15 years.

There are reasons I over ate. Ultimately I wanted to harm myself and suicide by food seemed to be the best way to go. At the time I didn't see it like that. Now I know what I was at.

It's a hard habit to break.

But I will

"I keep saying I could do with losing some weight, Im from the countryside and enjoy walking and generally enjoying nature and think this is probably the best exercise for me but I'm one of those people who likes a "buddy" to increase the willpower and just enjoy chatting etc, does anyone use a club or do they even exist, maybe even include some "fun " along the way "

I had toyed with the idea of a Fuck-fittness regime but cannot commit any time and local fuck buddies are slim pickings atm.

Also thought of getting a " Diet Dom" but thought better of it

"I couldn't elaborate much the last day. I was losing service fast.

There are reasons I over ate. Ultimately I wanted to harm myself and suicide by food seemed to be the best way to go. At the time I didn't see it like that. Now I know what I was at.

But I will "

It's not easy, there are always obstacles but I'm 50 in 15 months. I don't want to carry this weight around anymore.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying the OP doesn't carry it well, I've not looked, just going by what she said. "

And I'm honest about it. Some woman look great with weight. I'm not one of them. If it all went on my flat arse I'd be a happy bunny

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

Dieting, calories and self discipline are all considered to be part of the losing weight struggle.

But it's not true, it's how our bodies are made. They were never designed to run properly on the 'Western' diet

w

I hope everyone in here takes the time to read this. Very science based approach to weight loss

A recent review concluded that one of the main reasons people quit weight loss before reaching their goals was a lack of understanding when it comes to weight fluctuations. I think it’s important to know that on your journey you’ll have high and low days. Even weeks. And just because the scale reads high for a few days doesn’t mean you’ve lost progress. The body naturally sways up and down in weight.

"I couldn't elaborate much the last day. I was losing service fast.

But I will

It's not easy, there are always obstacles but I'm 50 in 15 months. I don't want to carry this weight around anymore. "

you can only do it if you really want it.

I have family who did it. 15 stone lost in 4 years for one of them. It can be done but it has to be your passion. Diet and exercise. The weight didn't get there in one go.

Every time you make a good choice, you are cutting a little bit back from your weight. It's not counted in inches or kg. It's in single calories. Keep pushing and you can do it.

We all can.

I'm close to rock bottom. I will use that to push myself up and out

NOTE

No eating between meals

No alcohol

No butter milk or fat

why please?

He isn't forcing anyone to do it, he was simply saying what worked for him. Lots of people incl yourself give advice that isn't always 100% correct and works for everyone. That 7 day diet plan is just another idea for people.

That advice could make someone seriously ill or faint. It doesn’t even hit the recommended daily level of fat that’s required.

It’s dangerous

I’ve never given dangerous advice on here. I’d never recommend a strict plan like that to people I know nothing about. "

daily level of fat???? this thread was about weight loss not muscle gain...daily level of fat????? I've followed slimming world...lost weight by not having fat...I've yet to faint, you complain and try and report others for posting what you consider wrong yet you don't ever think your wrong? how? what? why? who or what are you?

evesham

NOTE

No eating between meals

No alcohol

No butter milk or fat

why please?

It’s dangerous

I’ve never given dangerous advice on here. I’d never recommend a strict plan like that to people I know nothing about.

daily level of fat???? this thread was about weight loss not muscle gain...daily level of fat????? I've followed slimming world...lost weight by not having fat...I've yet to faint, you complain and try and report others for posting what you consider wrong yet you don't ever think your wrong? how? what? why? who or what are you?"

He's not wrong and although we don't see eye to eye at times on subjects like this he is spot on here. Your body needs fat in its diet to function. Not talking eating sticks of butter here but macro nutrients are important for body function.

Why are you so angry about this?

ITS FAT CLUB NOT FIGHT CLUB

London

"ITS FAT CLUB NOT FIGHT CLUB "

evesham

w

NOTE

No eating between meals

No alcohol

No butter milk or fat

why please?

It’s dangerous

daily level of fat???? this thread was about weight loss not muscle gain...daily level of fat????? I've followed slimming world...lost weight by not having fat...I've yet to faint, you complain and try and report others for posting what you consider wrong yet you don't ever think your wrong? how? what? why? who or what are you?

He's not wrong and although we don't see eye to eye at times on subjects like this he is spot on here. Your body needs fat in its diet to function. Not talking eating sticks of butter here but macro nutrients are important for body function.

Why are you so angry about this? "

This.

Lowest level of fat recommendations for a small woman is around 25-30g a day. And that’s the absolute lowest, like you shouldn’t be there.

Day 1 of this diet offers 10g of dietary fat. And about 300-500 calories depending on the fruit choices

7 days of that could absolutely make some ill or faint. I need 4000 calories a day to do my job, 7 days of this diet would almost certainly hurt me.

I’ve expressed my thoughts on it though, he’s expressed his.

Stuff like this in the weight loss world is harmful. It promotes dangerous, fad diets, extreme weight loss methods, and it can cause people to develop eating disorders by thinking this is what they need to do to see results.

Grantham

Fat is NOT the enemy, that is a myth perpetuated in the 70s onwards.

If you're old enough to remember the onslaught of 'low fat' foods in the 80s, you'll know that the population has gotten fatter since.

The enemy is sugar in all its forms. So pretty much any type of processed food.

NOTE

No eating between meals

No alcohol

No butter milk or fat

Interesting. "

I've done this and lost a 1lb a day. It's great as a little detox to give you a boost but not healthy at all and I definitely wouldn't do it often, but it does work. It's hard work though.

I need to join the fat club. I was doing really with my weight loss. I'm 21lbs down in 4 or so months I think. But I've kind of hit a block right now as I'm so stressed with life.

Good luck to you all! Sending good motivation vibes to us all.

w

My bad. As I said in my post above, that kinda stuff is dangerous and I’d like to see people lose weight in a healthy and sustainable way

When I see that posted and other users looking interested, I feel compelled to step in and tell them about the dangers

NOTE

No eating between meals

No alcohol

No butter milk or fat

"

Sounds like a ketosis effect.

Grantham

"Sounds like a ketosis effect. "

Which if done sensibly, does work

"Sounds like a ketosis effect.

Which if done sensibly, does work "

There will be some on here looking for a quick fix and others after a long term thing.

For me I need to alter my lifestyle. Yes I need some fast fat shifting but long term management is more my focus and eating the food that will work for me not against.

NOTE

No eating between meals

No alcohol

No butter milk or fat

Interesting.

I've done this and lost a 1lb a day. It's great as a little detox to give you a boost but not healthy at all and I definitely wouldn't do it often, but it does work. It's hard work though.

I need to join the fat club. I was doing really with my weight loss. I'm 21lbs down in 4 or so months I think. But I've kind of hit a block right now as I'm so stressed with life.

Good luck to you all! Sending good motivation vibes to us all."

Thanks for your kind words x

NOTE

No eating between meals

No alcohol

No butter milk or fat

Interesting.

Good luck to you all! Sending good motivation vibes to us all.

Thanks for your kind words x "

Stress is definitely a bitch. Well done on your loss so far.

I'm going to weigh in tomorrow morning and hopefully start being better behaved. I have no booze at home so I won't be drinking. I shall have breakfast and home and pack lunch for work.

Lancs

"I'm going to weigh in tomorrow morning and hopefully start being better behaved. I have no booze at home so I won't be drinking. I shall have breakfast and home and pack lunch for work. "

I’m starting tomorrow morning with a walk around the village before work. If I can do that every day for a couple of weeks it will become routine and I’ll keep doing it

I'm in !!! Im massively body confident however lockdowns have got my snacking habits bad !!! And I have a few beach holiday next year

Maybe everyone that is in should take a monthly full body photo so we can see each other’s progress. It will be interesting to see as body shape changes more than weight loss

By *iss KinkWoman  over a year ago

North/Blackpool

"Maybe everyone that is in should take a monthly full body photo so we can see each other’s progress. It will be interesting to see as body shape changes more than weight loss"

No chance lol

"Maybe everyone that is in should take a monthly full body photo so we can see each other’s progress. It will be interesting to see as body shape changes more than weight loss

No chance lol"

Do it yourself and keep them private. Then in a year you can check your own progress.

I’m sure your body won’t be the worst one on here

"I'm in !!! Im massively body confident however lockdowns have got my snacking habits bad !!! And I have a few beach holiday next year "

Cool, good you're working towards a goal..

"I'm going to weigh in tomorrow morning and hopefully start being better behaved. I have no booze at home so I won't be drinking. I shall have breakfast and home and pack lunch for work.

I’m starting tomorrow morning with a walk around the village before work. If I can do that every day for a couple of weeks it will become routine and I’ll keep doing it "

Making routines, very nice.

I'm in I've just started couch to 5k

If just weighted in at 16 St 2 Lbs.

My heaviest was 17.4 and I never want to be there again even though I'm scarily close.

Good luck everyone x

"I'm in I've just started couch to 5k"

I'm not sure what that means?

It's a 9 week running app that gets you from 0 to being able to run 5km

So are you just doing 'thread support' as such, to keep people motivated?

"It's a 9 week running app that gets you from 0 to being able to run 5km "

Brilliant. Long time advocate of running will change your life. Everyone can and should ! The Upwood improvement curve is quick and highly motivating! Good stuff

By *tarflyLouWoman  over a year ago

Preston

Hi there, I’m in. Planning to start making an effort again today to try and get my weight back down, it’s been creeping up and it scares me. Just psyching myself up to get on the scales and see how bad the damage is from eating whatever I like for the last few months

By *r Discreet 75Man  over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

"I'm becoming "too fat to function" and need to take matters into hand before if massively impacts on my health. If anyone fancies joining me to loose the weight then feel free to contribute. Before "mouth almightly" on here chimes in with his "its not about the quick fix blah blah" it is for me. I want to shed a bit then work on the maintenance and healthy lifestyle.

Maybe we could get a diet club or support thread going. Like weightwatchers without the church hall. "

there is a book shag yourself slim ...... I'll have to get it myself

By *ld StrumpetWoman  over a year ago

Telford

Supporting all you stunners on your journey here.l and good luck lovelies. Just because your wanting to lose weight don’t mean your anti fat folk just means your wanting your own changes snd that’s awesome.

Those doing the quick weekly programme check any medication your on as grapefruit can be dangerous alongside some meds… I shit you not I only found out the other week and googled incase I was being pranked lol

Have an awesome first week xxxx

"It's a 9 week running app that gets you from 0 to being able to run 5km "

OK, very nice.

Two months break from exercise and decent eating....

Dreding to start, but I will today!

"So are you just doing 'thread support' as such, to keep people motivated?"

It's for everyone to pitch in and cheer each other on. If there are people seriously still following in a few weeks might start a kik group

Have you considered intermittent fasting?

Also, if you can add in a walk a day (I know not everyone can for various reasons).

Rice pasta (Doves) is a great alternative to wheat pasta, and only contains brown rice.

"Two months break from exercise and decent eating....

Dreding to start, but I will today!"

I have the cold lurgy but gotta start somewhere. Feeling positive about it though

I have done sliding world and weight watchers before. Three years ago I lost 2 stone in 2 weeks. My first week of sliding world I'm pretty much guaranteed a stone. And I would slowly put it back on.

However I have noticed that while my weight has remained the same over the last 10 years, I'm fatter now than I was then.

I have lost a lot of muscle. I used to have big strong legs and arms but not so much now. So don't forget to exercise people. Diet alone isn't enough. Exercise won't help you lose weight exactly but it will help you to keep muscle and that will allow you to lose fat.

By *rs mischiefWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

I'm in! Back to slimming World! But cannot get my head in the game at the moment. X

"Have you considered intermittent fasting?

Also, if you can add in a walk a day (I know not everyone can for various reasons).

Rice pasta (Doves) is a great alternative to wheat pasta, and only contains brown rice. "

It worked for me until I abandoned it

I will look for the rice pasta

Thanks

"Supporting all you stunners on your journey here.l and good luck lovelies. Just because your wanting to lose weight don’t mean your anti fat folk just means your wanting your own changes snd that’s awesome.

Those doing the quick weekly programme check any medication your on as grapefruit can be dangerous alongside some meds… I shit you not I only found out the other week and googled incase I was being pranked lol

"

For me it's about getting healthier in the long term. I'm too independent and grouchy to have someone having to take care of me if I get any serious weight related conditions.

I find all shapes and sizes beautiful

"I'm in! Back to slimming World! But cannot get my head in the game at the moment. X"

We're here if you want to join, follow and/or share. It's a tough time atm but I'm trying to stay focused this time.

By *ld StrumpetWoman  over a year ago

Telford

"Supporting all you stunners on your journey here.l and good luck lovelies. Just because your wanting to lose weight don’t mean your anti fat folk just means your wanting your own changes snd that’s awesome.

For me it's about getting healthier in the long term. I'm too independent and grouchy to have someone having to take care of me if I get any serious weight related conditions.

I find all shapes and sizes beautiful "

And that’s how it should be my lovely. Cheer leading from the sides for you all here xxx

By *2spikeMan  over a year ago

Southsea

Exercise and diet go hand in hand and should both have equal please on your journey even if it's walking stop using lifts and take stairs ECT

Done forget there is always sexercise to keep it fun.

Good luck

"I have done sliding world and weight watchers before. Three years ago I lost 2 stone in 2 weeks. My first week of sliding world I'm pretty much guaranteed a stone. And I would slowly put it back on.

However I have noticed that while my weight has remained the same over the last 10 years, I'm fatter now than I was then.

I have lost a lot of muscle. I used to have big strong legs and arms but not so much now. So don't forget to exercise people. Diet alone isn't enough. Exercise won't help you lose weight exactly but it will help you to keep muscle and that will allow you to lose fat. "

Good advice, I have a few front room bits and Bob's to keep my moving and plan to do some dancing to keep fit and work up a swear. Not ruling out a regular FB atm either

"

Yep, my mum hasn't been able to eat grapefruit in years for this reason

"Have you considered intermittent fasting?

Rice pasta (Doves) is a great alternative to wheat pasta, and only contains brown rice. "

Great ideas thanks x

By *entGent75Man  over a year ago

Dartford

I woke up this morning and said to my other half that i need to get back on Weightwatchers. It's too easy just to ignore what i eat and drink and think that there won't be any consequences. I think a group here would be great for motivation and support.

By *tarflyLouWoman  over a year ago

Preston

Ok, I’ve braved the scales and I’m the heaviest I’ve been in 16mths! Also just plugged my Fitbit in. I stopped wearing it because the heart rate triggered my health anxiety (I have a low resting heart rate despite not being remotely athletic!), but since I’m also now having CBT for my health anxiety I’ve decided to brave it.

Good luck everyone! xx

https://youtu.be/pjZK2VdWUlY

Gorilla biscuits START TODAY

"I woke up this morning and said to my other half that i need to get back on Weightwatchers. It's too easy just to ignore what i eat and drink and think that there won't be any consequences. I think a group here would be great for motivation and support. "

Come on over x

When i was working i had a weight problem because i sat at a desk all day snacking and having lunch at the same time because if was lunch time not because i was hungry. I was borderline diabetic so went on a course and it changed my life. Message me and i'll you how, too long to do it here

First lesson for you all you are not on a diet that will end you are on a change of lifestyle that should last for ever . I lost 3 stone in a year and it stayed off.

"Ok, I’ve braved the scales and I’m the heaviest I’ve been in 16mths! Also just plugged my Fitbit in. I stopped wearing it because the heart rate triggered my health anxiety (I have a low resting heart rate despite not being remotely athletic!), but since I’m also now having CBT for my health anxiety I’ve decided to brave it.

Good luck everyone! xx"

Thanks for the well wishes and the same to you

Happy to chat and support anyone on here its something that's best as a group BUT not in the competitive way weightwatchers do it. Friendly a d supportive what weight you add or lose every week is your business no one elses

Be good to get some ideas about food too....

Especially if you have allergies or even mobility probs and the right exercises that work for different ailments.....

I've followed some YouTube vids in the past

That's what I hate about these kind of threads, they are always started with the best intentions and wanting to give support and motivation to each other but then people come in with their im right your wrong attitudes and it ruins the vibe and you start to think you know what I'd rather be fat than read it so pass me the flipping cake .

Op you are beautiful and I hope the thread goes well xx

By *ttoWoman  over a year ago

llanelli

I’m in, half way through couch to 5k. Also quitting booze which is tough, no changes to diet yet as without booze it’s pretty good (am vegan). Five stone to go, good luck everyone!

"I'm becoming "too fat to function" and need to take matters into hand before if massively impacts on my health. If anyone fancies joining me to loose the weight then feel free to contribute. Before "mouth almightly" on here chimes in with his "its not about the quick fix blah blah" it is for me. I want to shed a bit then work on the maintenance and healthy lifestyle.

Maybe we could get a diet club or support thread going. Like weightwatchers without the church hall. there is a book shag yourself slim ...... I'll have to get it myself "

We'd lose weight before we find a shag lol

Nice idea though

By *iss LovelyWoman  over a year ago

Here and There

I’m trying to lose weight at the moment too. I think having a group to cheer each other on and be positive is a brilliant thing. Thanks for setting this up OP.

Good luck everyone. Do the best you can and don’t worry if your best doesn’t look the same as someone else’s.

"Be good to get some ideas about food too....

Especially if you have allergies or even mobility probs and the right exercises that work for different ailments.....

I've followed some YouTube vids in the past "

I can help with some lower fat food ideas. I'm a good cook.

By *elshkinkyMan  over a year ago

south wales

Plenty of people on here I’m sure will help… my advice though would go and see a dietician … not an unqualified person who says they are a nutritionist but someone who is qualified to advise… a personal plan is the best way forward… it’s got to be a lifestyle change rather than a quick fix too… good luck

By *sBlueWoman  over a year ago

Up North

Good luck everyone starting today

evesham

Well I'm pissed off this morning! Finally hit 2 stone lost yesterday, did nothing different during the day food wise, drank 2 litres..... Put 3 lb on overnight

I know it's not fat, I know it's water weight and I know it helps me in the long run to weigh every day to keep me on track but just reiterates someone else's point about weight loss not being linear!

On the plus side my overnight blood glucose was 5.9 this morning. The lowest I've seen it in a long time. This is my main focus on my journey. Weight loss comes alongside it but I would love to get off some if not all meds. Got so close a few years ago.

You have done really well xx

I'm in

I started trying to lose weight at the begining of the year, started off well but now I'm only 7 lb down on what i weighed in january

I'm finding it very hard at the moment, breaking my foot and damaging my knee hasn't helped because i can't walk far now. Plus some other major health issues recently.

I'm wondering if I might do better trying weight watchers or similar ?

Lancs

"If just weighted in at 16 St 2 Lbs.

My heaviest was 17.4 and I never want to be there again even though I'm scarily close.

Good luck everyone x "

I weighed myself this morning too. I don’t want to say the number because I’m embarrassed by it, but it wasn’t quite as high as I expected, which means slightly less to lose to get to my goal.

I can help with some lower fat food ideas. I'm a good cook."

Brilliant please do

Thank you so much

w

Weighed myself this morning and I’m 3lbs down

Anyone looking for some resources, I can list a few

If you want free, google “NSuns TDEE spreadsheet” - free spreadsheet where you plug your daily weight and calories in and it does the maths for you to make an accurate calorie goal tailored to you

If your willing to spend a little (£5-8 a month subscript) there’s 2 apps I’d recommend

The best in my opinion is MacroFactor. It’ll coach you through the entire dieting process and it’s main value at heart is to not judge or punish you for bad days. It’s just there to help.

The 2nd is Carbon diet app but Layne Norton. Very similar to MacroFactor

I’ve been using MacroFactor and really enjoyed it so far

Slimming world by far the best weigh in every week and you eat loads still lost 4 stone wife lost 3 sign up to the local one you won't regret it no one judges

NHS Easy Meals has an App.

Meals are modified on sugar and salt.

I can help with some lower fat food ideas. I'm a good cook.

Brilliant please do

Thank you so much "

Spag bol.

You will need red pepper, onion, carrot, mushrooms, tin of tomatoes and your protein of choice. Garlic, paprika, Italian seasoning (oregano 80%, thyme 10% and basil 10% if you want to use individual ones)

Chop and fry onion with garlic til glassy. Add diced pepper. When cooked add grated carrot, mushrooms. Let cook down. Add paprika, aromatic herbs, salt & pepper. Let Cook down. Add protein (mince for me) when mince is cooked Add tins of tomatoes (1 per two people) Let cook down. Add some tomatoe puree to make it look saucey. Add a little sweetener to balance the tomatoes. Leave to simmer. I Let mine cook for 3 hours, low and slow. I also Add chilli flakes to give it a little bit of a kick.

Good food is like good sex. It should have lots of layers and sensations.

For vegie/ vegans you can add your choice of vegs but remember to taste and up the spices to get the correct balance.

Near Wellingborough

Gained half a pound this week really need to get on it

"If just weighted in at 16 St 2 Lbs.

Good luck everyone x

I weighed myself this morning too. I don’t want to say the number because I’m embarrassed by it, but it wasn’t quite as high as I expected, which means slightly less to lose to get to my goal. "

It's totally up to each person what they share. I'm prone to over sharing lol. Glad u got an unexpected head start.

"Gained half a pound this week really need to get on it"

It's so easy to do. I'm the past I've had good weeks then cancelled them out with not so good ones.

"I'm in

I started trying to lose weight at the begining of the year, started off well but now I'm only 7 lb down on what i weighed in january

I'm finding it very hard at the moment, breaking my foot and damaging my knee hasn't helped because i can't walk far now. Plus some other major health issues recently.

I'm wondering if I might do better trying weight watchers or similar ?"

7lb loss is still a loss, personally I think its amazing.

What ever you think works for you. I like that people are trying different approaches as there is not one that will immediately suit everyone.

"Well I'm pissed off this morning! Finally hit 2 stone lost yesterday, did nothing different during the day food wise, drank 2 litres..... Put 3 lb on overnight

I know it's not fat, I know it's water weight and I know it helps me in the long run to weigh every day to keep me on track but just reiterates someone else's point about weight loss not being linear!

On the plus side my overnight blood glucose was 5.9 this morning. The lowest I've seen it in a long time. This is my main focus on my journey. Weight loss comes alongside it but I would love to get off some if not all meds. Got so close a few years ago. "

I try not to obsess over the numbers on the scales. They do fluctuate. I'm more concerned about feeling more energetic and not lugging so much meat around.

"Well I'm pissed off this morning! Finally hit 2 stone lost yesterday, did nothing different during the day food wise, drank 2 litres..... Put 3 lb on overnight

On the plus side my overnight blood glucose was 5.9 this morning. The lowest I've seen it in a long time. This is my main focus on my journey. Weight loss comes alongside it but I would love to get off some if not all meds. Got so close a few years ago.

I try not to obsess over the numbers on the scales. They do fluctuate. I'm more concerned about feeling more energetic and not lugging so much meat around."

You ever need a hand lugging that meat....lol

"Good luck everyone starting today "

Cheers

I try not to obsess over the numbers on the scales. They do fluctuate. I'm more concerned about feeling more energetic and not lugging so much meat around.

You ever need a hand lugging that meat....lol "

Pervert! ;-p

"I'm in

I'm wondering if I might do better trying weight watchers or similar ?

7lb loss is still a loss, personally I think its amazing.

What ever you think works for you. I like that people are trying different approaches as there is not one that will immediately suit everyone."

Thank you x

NOTE

No eating between meals

No alcohol

No butter milk or fat

Sounds awful and I don’t like eggs"

I can't eat grapefruit and I'm sick if i eat lamb !

By *yronMan  over a year ago

grangemouth

I'm in for this, have been trying to lose weight for a while.

By *mma29Couple  over a year ago

wirral

I just went for a run in the first time in years...I hate running but I'm determined I'm going to get alright at it

By *heekyflickWoman  over a year ago

LINCOLN

I'm back at the walking ...search a guy called Rick bueller on you tube he does great free content

"I'm in for this, have been trying to lose weight for a while."

Cool, hope we all can together

"I just went for a run in the first time in years...I hate running but I'm determined I'm going to get alright at it"

Good good!

My body is not designed for running. Hoping to lose a bit and get on my bike. Belly kinda gets in the way.

"I'm back at the walking ...search a guy called Rick bueller on you tube he does great free content"