FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The ex.

The ex.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *luebell888 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

Today my ex has not just covered all my recent vet fees but he has paid for my dogs cremation too. On top of this he has given me his 32inch plasma TV for free as my TV has broke. Although we grew miles apart he is not a bad soul. Does anyone else have any other positive tales regarding an ex as there seems to be a bit of bitterness on here when this topic of an ex is approached.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Today my ex has not just covered all my recent vet fees but he has paid for my dogs cremation too. On top of this he has given me his 32inch plasma TV for free as my TV has broke. Although we grew miles apart he is not a bad soul. Does anyone else have any other positive tales regarding an ex as there seems to be a bit of bitterness on here when this topic of an ex is approached."

Not one good thing good is ever on my lips regarding my ex, who uses kids as weapons

IMO u can only get on with an "ex" if u or they have not deceived you that is what cheating is, dirty, nasty deception.

By *an4funMan  over a year ago

london

I always take the complete blackout approach. Works best for both parties

By *r and Mrs always rightCouple  over a year ago

Hertfordshire

My ex that I have a child with, is not only good to my child but my husband and me too.

He fed our cat when we were away getting married and we came home to just married balloons and banners.

Another time we came back from holiday and he had cut the grass and the bush

Lots of stories like this. Mrs x

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

My ex wife has been an absolute star during my recent issues.

We’ve rarely seen eye to eye in the past but she’s been supportive, kind and understanding with everything. The kids have always come first between us and their concerns have always been the priority but this was her actually looking out for me

Errrr let me back to you on that

My ex bf is truly lovely and has a heart of gold but we just wanted different things out of life..

He checks and changes my oil, has been on hand the past year to help with DIY throughout my renovation. He too paid 1/2hr towards vet fees when I lost my dog last year.

You’re right, not all exes are bad and not all break ups are traumatic.. I class him as a friend & am pleased we are still friends.

Lucky woman!!! Sounds like he is a good egg even if things didn’t go to plan when it comes to you two as a couple!

as for my exes, no, I’ve got nothing nice to say about any of them

Sadly

Glasgowish

My daughter lives with my ex which is why we keep in touch. I left him so grateful for his kindness.

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

Yes my ex and I are good friends and still have an amazing relationship with my stepdaughter. He’d do anything to help and vice Versa. He’s still an amazing human regardless of the fact we don’t love each other in that way.

"My daughter lives with my ex which is why we keep in touch. I left him so grateful for his kindness."

It makes sense then on why he is still very close to you!

Unfortunately not. My ex showed his true colours when he split up with me during lockdown last year and sent me malicious, abusive messages. So he deserves nothing from me except contempt x

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

"Today my ex has not just covered all my recent vet fees but he has paid for my dogs cremation too. On top of this he has given me his 32inch plasma TV for free as my TV has broke. Although we grew miles apart he is not a bad soul. Does anyone else have any other positive tales regarding an ex as there seems to be a bit of bitterness on here when this topic of an ex is approached.

Not one good thing good is ever on my lips regarding my ex, who uses kids as weapons "

What an idiot your ex is. From my experience, kids don't make good weapons at all

I usually stay friends with my exes. If I don't then they were some next level douches.

Glasgowish

"Yes my ex and I are good friends and still have an amazing relationship with my stepdaughter. He’d do anything to help and vice Versa. He’s still an amazing human regardless of the fact we don’t love each other in that way. "

That is the same ad me. We will always care about each other no matter what.

"Today my ex has not just covered all my recent vet fees but he has paid for my dogs cremation too. On top of this he has given me his 32inch plasma TV for free as my TV has broke. Although we grew miles apart he is not a bad soul. Does anyone else have any other positive tales regarding an ex as there seems to be a bit of bitterness on here when this topic of an ex is approached.

Not one good thing good is ever on my lips regarding my ex, who uses kids as weapons

What an idiot your ex is. From my experience, kids don't make good weapons at all "

I still see them but it’s always difficult however they’re growing older and have their own voices

By *ightkitty4uWoman  over a year ago

Epsom

I am still in touch with my very first sexual bf.

He lives other side of the UK is happily married etc.

We still talk, when his mum died I was there so to speak and when I have been through tough times he has been there too.

Not all exs are bad guys

I wish I got along with any ex’s. There’s one I still talk to but we aren’t exactly close. I think it’s different when you have kids etc. I’m in touch with one from when I was 17 but again I wouldn’t call him in an emergency kinda thing. It’s nice when you can have a friendly relationship with an ex but I guess there has to be some time between it ending and that friendship.

The only positive I can say is that he has disappeared off the face of the earth. I like it.

Glasgowish

My daughter living with him has kept us in touch. We all recently went out for dinner together and it was awkward to say the least but today his kindness has been very much appreciated.

By *eedleinahaystackMan  over a year ago

London/Essex

Does he want to get back in your knickers.. sounds like it

Think it depends on circumstances, if it was an amicable breakup fair enough, I'd to end up going to police so no.... I've nothing positive to say about him.

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

"Today my ex has not just covered all my recent vet fees but he has paid for my dogs cremation too. On top of this he has given me his 32inch plasma TV for free as my TV has broke. Although we grew miles apart he is not a bad soul. Does anyone else have any other positive tales regarding an ex as there seems to be a bit of bitterness on here when this topic of an ex is approached."

Aww that's lovely.. well done him

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

"Yes my ex and I are good friends and still have an amazing relationship with my stepdaughter. He’d do anything to help and vice Versa. He’s still an amazing human regardless of the fact we don’t love each other in that way.

That is the same ad me. We will always care about each other no matter what. "

It’s lovely when it can be like that I’m friends with all but one and could call several in a time of need and they’d help. They’re good humans!

Glasgowish

"Does he want to get back in your knickers.. sounds like it "

Not at all. When we split he actually done me our of £30,000 which is life but he maybe regrets. The dog was a family pet which upset him as much as me. The TV was an act of kindness or maybe guilt.

Well done Mr ex !

Lots of relationship end as people drift apart or maybe shouldn't have got together in the first place. Break ups are always tough but don't always have to be bitter. I've got a good relationship with my ex wife, our differences behind us now.

"Does he want to get back in your knickers.. sounds like it "

By *hroatQueen_CATV/TS  over a year ago

Carlisle

Aww that's so nice! It's good that you can be civil and adults. However my ex was horrendous but won't go into all that! Though my best friend is my other ex, We have been just friends a few years now he is lovely and a beautiful soul and certainly doesn't deserve to be dying of cancer. xo

London/Essex

Well there are some genuine people out there then. Shame you guys didn’t end up matching..

personally time heels when it comes to Ex’s. Also when the emotion feelings have gone you tend to see things clearer.

By *inkylipsWoman  over a year ago

Debauchery

My ex and I are civil and get on for our son but there is deep rooted resentment there but I put that aside for our child

London/Essex

I concur with this one

Glasgowish

"Aww that's so nice! It's good that you can be civil and adults. However my ex was horrendous but won't go into all that! Though my best friend is my other ex, We have been just friends a few years now he is lovely and a beautiful soul and certainly doesn't deserve to be dying of cancer. xo "

That is very sad. My ex may be my ex but he is the father of my children and has been a big part of my life. Despite our differences I will always care for him.

By *hroatQueen_CATV/TS  over a year ago

Carlisle

"Aww that's so nice! It's good that you can be civil and adults. However my ex was horrendous but won't go into all that! Though my best friend is my other ex, We have been just friends a few years now he is lovely and a beautiful soul and certainly doesn't deserve to be dying of cancer. xo

That is very sad. My ex may be my ex but he is the father of my children and has been a big part of my life. Despite our differences I will always care for him."

Well you both are a good example! Especially as some parents play off their kids and use them as a weapon which is so wrong. It's sad but grateful to have had him in my life! We all have to go sometime. We all just have to live for the moment and day. x

By *929Man  over a year ago

newcastle

"I always take the complete blackout approach. Works best for both parties"

x2 best way for some of us

By *anky_PankyWoman  over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

Twatty ex here too BUT I will say I thank him for making me a better person when I came out the other side of the hurt

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

I’m civil with my kids dad because the kids come first and even though I think he’s a bit of a plonker they love the bones of him, so I keep my thoughts to myself. It works for us.

All my exes I’m on “hello” terms with if I see them out and about. No bad feelings there, we just outgrew each other.

"Well there are some genuine people out there then. Shame you guys didn’t end up matching..

personally time heels when it comes to Ex’s. Also when the emotion feelings have gone you tend to see things clearer. "

Or not

I mean if they wronged me, I don’t hate them anymore after a while but I detach completely that I don’t have the need to have them again in my life. So yeah

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"I always take the complete blackout approach. Works best for both parties"

Not always possible. If you have kids together, then you cannot completely ignore them.

My ex and I initially weren't on good terms, but since he's become more mature and our son is now an adult, we get on okay.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

That’s really nice, I was with my ex 27 years and we are best friends still and I do anything she needs - practical, emotional , financial, she knows I’m there and always will be. I’ll often text her when I’m at the supermarket to check if she needs anything and we go out on a date every couple of weeks !

I get on well with all my exes!

Only two who live away that I don’t see anymore but those locally we get on just fine.

I am on friendly terms with all my exes, except the idiot I decided to marry, because he’s an abusive fucktarding cockwomble, who continues to attempt to bulldoze my boundaries, and behaves like a general twat.

Bluebelle, that’s lovely

That's sweet.

Yes ! My ex just bought me a watch I dreamed of. Totally surprised and cried a lot of happy tears. He knows my new hobby means a lot and this will help. And he tries his best to make up for all the crap times. No going back together but we are getting this Co-parenting thing foundations stronger.

"Does he want to get back in your knickers.. sounds like it

Not at all. When we split he actually done me our of £30,000 which is life but he maybe regrets. The dog was a family pet which upset him as much as me. The TV was an act of kindness or maybe guilt."

It's great. And no need to question it. Just accept. Fortune turns. X

"My ex wife has been an absolute star during my recent issues.

We’ve rarely seen eye to eye in the past but she’s been supportive, kind and understanding with everything. The kids have always come first between us and their concerns have always been the priority but this was her actually looking out for me"

This is just the best isn't it. When they can see beyond whatever happened. And be there for you as a human being who cares about parent of their children.

Unfortunately not, my ex is a total narsasist but as a whole I'm a big advocate for staying on good terms with your ex if you can (especially if kids are involved)

By *eyond PurityCouple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

I generally get on with most of my ex’s…my recent ex is the mother of my son and she looks after him perfectly. I’ll always completely respect her for that.

We are very amicable - I find that works best when we are trying to arrange child care dates…it’s give and take.

Just because feelings change, the respect doesn’t need to.

K

Not one good thing good is ever on my lips regarding my ex, who uses kids as weapons "

My ex is doing this with one of my kids. It's a horrible thing to do - putting your own child in the middle

I hold no bitterness at all to any ex iv had i cared they cared and fate decided real happiness is temporary one day il be that happy again or i wont but until then il entertain myself

Don't see eye to eye with my ex about much (hence why we are ex) but she is a very good mum to our daughter and I am very grateful for that. M X

My ex, I was once here with, as Shagarooney, some time back.

We're still on great terms, been separated now around ten years and we lots for one another, her partner too.

In fact, I'm currently looking after her two younger children now.

In fact, at the beginning of my relationship now, going back four years ago, I had a little blip, a panic and avoided Mrs Cheeky.

It was my ex that gave me a bollocking, told me not to push her away because I'll regret it, and it fucking hurts (her words), then said I should turn to her if I feel that way again.

In between moving home, my ex and her partner had me staying with them for three months. The kids loved it.

"Unfortunately not, my ex is a total narsasist but as a whole I'm a big advocate for staying on good terms with your ex if you can (especially if kids are involved) "

Same with the ex of the Mrs.

He really is, to the point he favours one child constantly, and uses another as a scapegoat.

He's a disgusting piece of shit when he's at his best.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Bar two exes, I'm on very good terms with all my exes.

One I annually (not Covid times!) attend an alumni carol service with and we get tipsy off whisky after. He's the most infuriatingly blunt, beautiful man and makes me smile frequently.

The other is, fingers crossed, going to fly over from Wisconsin when I get married. She's probably my closest friend out of anyone and I'm very lucky to have her in my life and even though we don't lust after each other the love, in a different way, will always be there.

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

My ex was a gentleman

"Unfortunately not, my ex is a total narsasist but as a whole I'm a big advocate for staying on good terms with your ex if you can (especially if kids are involved)

He really is, to the point he favours one child constantly, and uses another as a scapegoat.

He's a disgusting piece of shit when he's at his best. "

I try very hard to keep my upset and anger to myself but it hurts to see kids manipulated. Im glad to see that some exes can maintain good relationships for the sake of their kids. Good on them.

My Ex husband is a great man we just grew apart as we met when I was 18 and was married for 22 years . When we broke up but I helped him redecorate his house and he has helped me with some things and even now if I needed his help I know he would. X

"Unfortunately not, my ex is a total narsasist but as a whole I'm a big advocate for staying on good terms with your ex if you can (especially if kids are involved)

He's a disgusting piece of shit when he's at his best.

I try very hard to keep my upset and anger to myself but it hurts to see kids manipulated. Im glad to see that some exes can maintain good relationships for the sake of their kids. Good on them."

We kept a record of a lot of his behaviour, phone recordings, voice recordings, messages, all where he was being abusive to Mrs Cheeky and too often in front of the children.

We've called him on his lies and presented proof, and called him in on many things, all with the proof.

He's been told time again that it's all recorded, he didn't believe it.

Would have a conversation then swear was completely different, to the point he said he also recorded it and can clearly hear this....

Anyway, then we showed him a screen shot of the recordings and said ..... I don't think you believe us when we say we record everything.

He shut up in that instance.

Since then we've explained that we have the evidence there so if he lies to the kids, as adults they can look and listen through it all and make up their own minds.

Also if be carries on, we're happy to share it so everyone can see his true colours.

He's still a petty little shit, but he's learned to bite his tongue.

There is a difference in him, even if it is through the fear he initially pushed onto Mrs Cheeky.

By *rying2niteMan  over a year ago

Egremont

As far as my ex mrs is concerned, things are SO bad that, i wouldn't piss in her mouth if her throat was on fire !

Having said that, she IS a good mother to our kids, and if anything happened to her, it would destroy them.

I try my best to not say anything negative about her in front of our kids, as , after all, she is their mum, and they love her (as they should.....just because me and her hat each other, doesn't mean we want to poison the kids minds)

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

My parents. Obviously the split was hard and sad for them but I have so much admiration for how gracious, generous and kind to each other they were when it came to coparenting us. My dad would never hesitate to help my mum financially where he could or practically when it came to childcare and my mum went above and beyond to help my dad to have plenty of time with us.

If I still loved them then the pain of remaining friends would be too much.

If I hated them I couldn’t take the agony of being around them for a single second more than necessary.

I’ve had a few meh relationships and we get on fine with each other but, we don’t really see each other because, well, they’re a bit meh.

So it’s a no all round apart from those circumstances where you have to see and get on with them and it that case I’m a gent.

By *isspurplechesterWoman  over a year ago

Chester

Let me get back to you on that one, it could take a while

By *r Discreet 75Man  over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

A few years ago I ko'd my manager my flat was tied in to my job so I lost everything my ex offered me to stay at hers for a few months although it was hard living with the crank she did and hard for her living with me because we don't get along at all ... she's got a big heart and ill never forget what she did for me ... but she's still a crank

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

My childrens father is a lovely bloke.

there's only one ex I don't get along with. The rest we've split on good terms. Usually a case of just not working out neither person has done anything bad. The one I don't talk to I caught sleeping with someone else

Bitterness is usually on the mans part “not always”there’s kids involved in my situation !

I’m lying in bed with my step son in the other room and my daughter in her cot beside me snoring keeping me awake cause it was my ex’s Bday and I told her course I’d take them !

Fair play to your ex maybe there’s more to his gestures no ???

Regardless sounds like a gent

By *ubandsubCouple  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

Me and mine split 5 years ago, it was a rough ride for a few years, but the kids were our priority. We now play together on here but have vowed not to get back together lol

My ex and I get on better now than the last 5 years of our marriage.

By *xtrafun4youMan  over a year ago

Dunstable

Not sure yet, only recently split up after 25 years. I hope to stay friends.

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Bitterness is usually on the mans part “not always”there’s kids involved in my situation !

I’m lying in bed with my step son in the other room and my daughter in her cot beside me snoring keeping me awake cause it was my ex’s Bday and I told her course I’d take them !

Fair play to your ex maybe there’s more to his gestures no ???

Regardless sounds like a gent "

Bitterness has no gender

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

I'm not mad on my ex, he ended it and in the long run it was the right decision. He can definitely be a pain in the arse at times.

That being said, he makes sure he sees his daughter very regularly,often making a 7 hour round trip just to spend the day with her. I can't fault his effort, and in the long run as long as he's good to her that's all that really matters.

"My parents. Obviously the split was hard and sad for them but I have so much admiration for how gracious, generous and kind to each other they were when it came to coparenting us. My dad would never hesitate to help my mum financially where he could or practically when it came to childcare and my mum went above and beyond to help my dad to have plenty of time with us. "

Aww that gave me a throat squeeze!

I'm best friends with the men I spent ten years in a relationship with. We broke up during the pandemic and I had nowhere else to go, so we still live together, albeit in seperate rooms. We have found that we now communicate better, and we have more fun together than when we were a couple, as a lot of the pressure and the politics is not an issue. We go places together, we have real conversations now, and we have a really good dynamic- much better than when we were a traditional couple. We won't even get back together, because he has hurt me in the past by cheating, and I've done things I'm not proud of, but we've both worked on ourselves a lot, and part of the reason we were able to do that was because we supported each other to become better people.

We don't have kids, but we have a dog, and living together is working out for us because neither of us want a serious relationship at this point- we both have too much work to do on ourselves first- but financially and socially neither of us want to live alone.

It's perhaps an alternative option for us to stay in touch, but it definitely works for us and we are very happy with the situation. We can always reassess it in the future but for now we're doing well.

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

I have one ex where we were heading in different directions, and another where we split due to him moving to the other side of the world. We aren't in close contact but I have a lot of time and love for both and if either were in a rough place I've been very open that they could turn to me for whatever sort of support I could give.

I have others where my one hope is that I never have to see them or speak to them again for the rest of my life.

I always think it's a shame when there has been such love there that turns to hatred and bitterness, but sometimes the closest person to you is the one who is capable of wounding most deeply.

He's a disgusting piece of shit when he's at his best. "

I'm quite lucky in that when I was granted a restraining order the courts also gave both the kids one as well so we don't have to put up with constant lies and manipulations anymore

"Today my ex has not just covered all my recent vet fees but he has paid for my dogs cremation too. On top of this he has given me his 32inch plasma TV for free as my TV has broke. Although we grew miles apart he is not a bad soul. Does anyone else have any other positive tales regarding an ex as there seems to be a bit of bitterness on here when

this topic of an ex is approached."

Maybe

He wants you back

He wants you back

He wants you back for goooood.

Lots of us have been there

Your stuffed and just have to chill

Me and ex drifted apart.... she fell in love with someone else....but that fell spart for her too. She kinda hurt me pretty bad....

But we've got 2 beautiful kids, and we are co-parenting as much as we can, we're still friends, but romantic feelings on her side died a long time ago.... i've justvrecently learnt to not listen to feelings when they pop up.

I'd do anything for her, and our kids obviously. She's my ex, but their Mom, we try to back each other up as much as we can if kids are being a pain.

I have zero bad will towards her, and i think she feels the same towards me.

We laugh and joke about terrible dates we've been on to each other, so it can't be all bad.

Just because ye grew apart doesn't mean ye are bad people in anyway at all.. absolutely not , huge Salute to him ..and you ..cause you could easily have made an issue out of it for all the wrong reasons ..as in ..that you could pay it yourself and you want nothing from him etc etc but you didn't so huge Salute to you too...so huge Salute's all round

My ex and I drifted apart. With the power of hindsight we where never truly a good fit for each other. Although together we did have one little boy we both love.

We've both had our moments since splitting of course but that's normal. If anything we get on better since we split.

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

My ex from my long term relationship moved away when we split so we’ve had no contact but we didn’t need to and that was years ago anyway. I still have respect for him and he’s be welcome at my home anytime if he felt it appropriate

My recent ex is the worst drama llama ever - he isn’t happy unless he has everyone around him in turmoil ALL THE TIME! That doesn’t work for me, I don’t appreciate drama llamas at all in any shape or form. And he wonders why I will not entertain him now!

You are very lucky OP

» Add a new message to this topic