FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > WFH questions

WFH questions

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *onb21 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Cardiff

I have an informal job interview on Monday for a job that will be working from home.

Since this is new to me, apart from my Covid experience, which was always only going to be temporary, I wondered what kind of things I should ask about.

It would be out of the question for me if they expected me to be on webcam the whole day, or, if they had other invasive monitoring practices that I've heard some company use, so this is already on my list to ask about.

What else do you think I should ask?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

How many Fab breaks are you allowed?

Cardiff

"How many Fab breaks are you allowed? "

I'm not sure I'm ready to disclose my Fab addiction

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I would ask what challenges they have found with maintaining cohesive team working through the pandemic and what their strategy has been to overcome any issues... And what opportunities there will be to meet your colleagues in real life so that you can connect better

Will you be getting any equipment provided by them? How will it be maintained and what insurance do they offer if it develops fault and sets your house on fire?

Maybe I'm overthinking it

By *odgerMooreMan  over a year ago

Carlisle

"How many Fab breaks are you allowed?

I'm not sure I'm ready to disclose my Fab addiction "

Addicts go to meetings! - you’re just a perv xx

I agree with the points below, although a little heavy for a first interview.

However, if this is a first interview, keep it light.and directly pertinent to the job in hand.

"I would ask what challenges they have found with maintaining cohesive team working through the pandemic and what their strategy has been to overcome any issues... And what opportunities there will be to meet your colleagues in real life so that you can connect better "

Cardiff

"I would ask what challenges they have found with maintaining cohesive team working through the pandemic and what their strategy has been to overcome any issues... And what opportunities there will be to meet your colleagues in real life so that you can connect better "

Yes, this is important, thank you.

She hasn't given away if the job was always WFH or if it's a recent change. My understanding was it's permanent, and not to change.

Cardiff

"Will you be getting any equipment provided by them? How will it be maintained and what insurance do they offer if it develops fault and sets your house on fire?

Maybe I'm overthinking it "

This is exactly the kind of thing I wouldn't have thought of although it's so basic. Thank you!

Cardiff

"How many Fab breaks are you allowed?

I'm not sure I'm ready to disclose my Fab addiction

Addicts go to meetings! - you’re just a perv xx "

Haha guilty

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

For a first interview I would stick to what challenges they have faced if any around working from home, and how would any staff induction and training be carried out.

Cardiff

"I agree with the points below, although a little heavy for a first interview.

However, if this is a first interview, keep it light.and directly pertinent to the job in hand.

I would ask what challenges they have found with maintaining cohesive team working through the pandemic and what their strategy has been to overcome any issues... And what opportunities there will be to meet your colleagues in real life so that you can connect better "

Thank you, yes, I will play it by ear.

Cardiff

"For a first interview I would stick to what challenges they have faced if any around working from home, and how would any staff induction and training be carried out."

Yes, great point about the induction. Fortunately, I'm very familiar with the job role and wouldn't be too anxious if there was no face to face training.

By *ardinal FangMan  over a year ago

Sandy

Expecting you to be on webcam all day or other invasive monitoring practices?

Madness. Anything like that and I’d tell them to do one.

If you can’t trust staff not to be buggering about all day then don’t employ them.

I’ve recently started a new job WFH and I’ve not met most of the people I work with, we just have daily catch-ups on Teams or jump on a meeting if we need to discuss something.

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

"Expecting you to be on webcam all day or other invasive monitoring practices?

If you can’t trust staff not to be buggering about all day then don’t employ them.

I’ve recently started a new job WFH and I’ve not met most of the people I work with, we just have daily catch-ups on Teams or jump on a meeting if we need to discuss something. "

Whilst I would tell them to stick it if I was told to be on cam all day, most companies are probably doing some form of monitoring without employees even being aware. Mostly it's done through network monitoring apps, so they can see what any device connected to the network is doing.

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

"Will you be getting any equipment provided by them? How will it be maintained and what insurance do they offer if it develops fault and sets your house on fire?

This is exactly the kind of thing I wouldn't have thought of although it's so basic. Thank you!"

To add to this, check if you will be charged if you damage any of their equipment...I have to pay £200 if I break my laptop.

I'd also ask if you will be reimbursed for travel and expenses if you're required to go into the office. And if you are allowed to work from other addresses (you might want to go and stay with friends/relatives without taking annual leave).

Cardiff

"Expecting you to be on webcam all day or other invasive monitoring practices?

If you can’t trust staff not to be buggering about all day then don’t employ them. "

Apparently this is quite normal in the US. But I know of some workplaces here as well you have key stroke monitors.

Cardiff

This is exactly the kind of thing I wouldn't have thought of although it's so basic. Thank you!

To add to this, check if you will be charged if you damage any of their equipment...I have to pay £200 if I break my laptop.

I'd also ask if you will be reimbursed for travel and expenses if you're required to go into the office. And if you are allowed to work from other addresses (you might want to go and stay with friends/relatives without taking annual leave). "

Thank you, great points! I have a laptop in my current job and I am not aware if I'd get charged for damage but maybe I didn't read the policy properly.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

If it’s not been mentioned check the working hours, it’s easy to work too long or take management calls late at night if it’s not defined at the beginning

» Add a new message to this topic