FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Holiday ideas Oct/Nov

Holiday ideas Oct/Nov

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rHotNotts OP   Man  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I need to get away and have 18 days to use up. Any suggestions for interesting destinations please either WC 25/10 or 8/11 ?

Don’t really want to do long haul but would like warmish and interesting to explore and do photography and shopping!. Thinking of Morocco, Sicily, Coral bay Cyprus, Andalusia or even U.K. but if U.K. it’s likely going cold, dark and wet so would heed to be somewhere very special

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’m off to Norway end of November. I was supposed to be in St Lucia but BA cancelled the fights. So I’m

Going over to Oslo to see my family instead x

Dubai & Nottingham

"I’m off to Norway end of November. I was supposed to be in St Lucia but BA cancelled the fights. So I’m

Going over to Oslo to see my family instead x "

That sounds interesting, never been to Scandinavia. It’s going to cold isn’t it ? like really cold….

Why did BA cancel? Pretty sure virgin Atlantic are doing all that area , they keep sending me offers. I have the air miles too but can’t face long haul for just a week

"I’m off to Norway end of November. I was supposed to be in St Lucia but BA cancelled the fights. So I’m

Going over to Oslo to see my family instead x "

Jealous

You should give Cumbria a try

Dubai & Nottingham

"You should give Cumbria a try "

I do love Cumbria, but In Oct/Nov??!!! ….. would you warm me up

Marsaille is surprisingly nice.. You can eurostar too

Dubai & Nottingham

"Marsaille is surprisingly nice.. You can eurostar too"

Good one I love Eurostar, it’s expensive down there isn’t it? Might look at the other side, Sete, Beziers and a drive to Figueres

Check that the destination allows UK people to travel there without quarantine. We may be allowed to travel but some countries still see us as high risk.

Egypt

"I need to get away and have 18 days to use up. Any suggestions for interesting destinations please either WC 25/10 or 8/11 ?

Don’t really want to do long haul but would like warmish and interesting to explore and do photography and shopping!. Thinking of Morocco, Sicily, Coral bay Cyprus, Andalusia or even U.K. but if U.K. it’s likely going cold, dark and wet so would heed to be somewhere very special

"

For that time of year I would say Northumberland. Dramtic coastlines and rough seas would be amazing to shoot

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Morocco is very photogenic

Dubai & Nottingham

"I need to get away and have 18 days to use up. Any suggestions for interesting destinations please either WC 25/10 or 8/11 ?

For that time of year I would say Northumberland. Dramtic coastlines and rough seas would be amazing to shoot"

I love Northumberland , one of my favourite places in the U.K. , castles, holy island, Hadrian’s wall and sine pretty cool tipi and yurt accom

Dubai & Nottingham

"Egypt "

Another great choice, never been

By *ack688Man  over a year ago

abruzzo Italy (and UK)

I’ve been to Sharm el sheikh in November before and the temperatures were perfect and the snorkelling was amazing

Dubai & Nottingham

"I’ve been to Sharm el sheikh in November before and the temperatures were perfect and the snorkelling was amazing"

I’m liking this option. Do you rules regarding Covid ? / fit to fly needed? Quarantine? Day 2/8 test? It’s looks cheap return flights are 305 from Birmingham and good central Accom with food is £30 per night for a couple

By *ack688Man  over a year ago

abruzzo Italy (and UK)

"I’ve been to Sharm el sheikh in November before and the temperatures were perfect and the snorkelling was amazing

I’m liking this option. Do you rules regarding Covid ? / fit to fly needed? Quarantine? Day 2/8 test? It’s looks cheap return flights are 305 from Birmingham and good central Accom with food is £30 per night for a couple "

I don’t know anything about the restrictions etc there. The centre is good, lots of great restaurants and stuff. The locals can be a bit harassing as you’re walking round but just brush them off. I stayed at the Sofitel a couple of miles along the coast, the taxis were very cheap and the hotel was great and had a small private beach and the coral at that point was amazing

That sounds interesting, never been to Scandinavia. It’s going to cold isn’t it ? like really cold….

Why did BA cancel? Pretty sure virgin Atlantic are doing all that area , they keep sending me offers. I have the air miles too but can’t face long haul for just a week"

I’m

Guessing it’s was bums on seats bought it in the BA sale earlier in the year.

It’s cold and wet lol. But I’m hoping to head north a couple of days as I have family just outside lilliehammer too. But I’ve rented a gorgeous Airbnb just outside Oslo on the water so hopefully get a little kayaking in too

Why did BA cancel? Pretty sure virgin Atlantic are doing all that area , they keep sending me offers. I have the air miles too but can’t face long haul for just a week

I’m

Guessing it’s was bums on seats bought it in the BA sale earlier in the year.

It’s cold and wet lol. But I’m hoping to head north a couple of days as I have family just outside lilliehammer too. But I’ve rented a gorgeous Airbnb just outside Oslo on the water so hopefully get a little kayaking in too "

We've got friends near Lilliehammer. Most of the family are in Vossestrand though, nice and quiet and a great place to fish!

Pretty much guaranteed the sun in the canaries... Puerto rico gc being our favourite, although there is more of a scene in playa de inglais

Dubai & Nottingham

"I’ve been to Sharm el sheikh in November before and the temperatures were perfect and the snorkelling was amazing

I’m liking this option. Do you rules regarding Covid ? / fit to fly needed? Quarantine? Day 2/8 test? It’s looks cheap return flights are 305 from Birmingham and good central Accom with food is £30 per night for a couple

I don’t know anything about the restrictions etc there. The centre is good, lots of great restaurants and stuff. The locals can be a bit harassing as you’re walking round but just brush them off. I stayed at the Sofitel a couple of miles along the coast, the taxis were very cheap and the hotel was great and had a small private beach and the coral at that point was amazing"

I think we’re sold, just spoke to a friend in Cairo he says it’s the perfect time to visit sharm for swimming in the sea and desert trips.

If vaccinated just need a to show travel insurance and then get a day 2 test booked back in the U.K, no need for for to fly certs etc

» Add a new message to this topic