FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Fab ideas

Fab ideas

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *icola2202 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Chatham

So me personally I have alot of mental and physical health problems and doctors these days are so focus on getting you in and out fast as possible I barely get time to ask anything.

Who would like to see some sort of medical advice health concern. Like a Dear Doc thread?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ustdaveHantsMan  over a year ago

chippenham

A good idea but with some of the goons on fab, would you trust there medical advice? X

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Agree with the previous poster. I don’t think this is the best platform for that at all.

Hugs though x

Not for anything serious. For general observation and amusement maybe but as there’s no way to check the validity if any advice it would be a crapshoot.

You can post anything on the forums and people will give you their own opinion based on what they know or have experienced. You can listen to the advice if it helps you but I wouldn’t take something someone had said on here over the advice of a professional.

Depends on the nature or the severity of your mental and physical health.

If it’s something like someone saying to get outdoors in the day and have a walk outside or someone telling you to drink more water, eat more fruit and vegetables, that’s fine to a degree but don’t take it a gospel. Example if someone was alcohol dependant and then someone said on here oh you should immediately cut out alcohol and stop drinking, that could most likely kill that person.

I don't think medical advice should be given by not health care professionals. There are too many people who think self diagnosis is the answer and Dr Google isn't very helpful with that. You could waste years of your life thinking there is something particularly wrong and be.. simply wrong. It's just a slippery slope. There are charities one can contact in the light of the fact that mental health waiting list are awful in many regions. Guided self help with reliable sources recommended by hcp. Good word on the Internet isn't a solution to anything. It's just like putting a clean plaster on a wound which has never been cleaned and disinfected. It had to sting first and cause some discomfort before it gets better. That's reality of it.

So no...no advice. Supportive word is a different story. That doesn't mean nodding to anything one say. That's not a fix to reaffirm someone's negative thinking or habits.

By *eeBee67Man  over a year ago

Masked and Distant

Dont think its a good idea.

Drs sometimes get it wrong, why would you then trust advice from a plasterer in leeds?

Good luck getting health issues sorted, but please go to professionals.

"So me personally I have alot of mental and physical health problems and doctors these days are so focus on getting you in and out fast as possible I barely get time to ask anything.

Who would like to see some sort of medical advice health concern. Like a Dear Doc thread?"

We've had various threads and great input for medical and mental advice before ....

Nothing stopping you starting a Dear Doc thread

Lots of lovely people in the medical/caring profession on Fab.

People are free to take the advice or not ....

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

You can ask anything like that on the forum anyway. I'm not sure there is sufficient demand to warrant its own section.

I don't really think Fab is a good place to get reliable medical information. I think it would be best to leave that to trained professionals. Just use this for friendly support.

Leeches! Two a day to be taken anally.

» Add a new message to this topic