FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Do you compliment people?

Do you compliment people?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

On social media, in real life?

If you see something someone is wearing you like, or a haircut or anything etc.

Do you compliment people or just let them walk by?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

I don't stop people on the street to compliment then that's just strange on social media

Yes

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If someone has nice things and I’m paying for something for example, I do pay a compliment. But not just to say something, it’s because I mean it.

It could be her necklaces or nails for example. Usually it’s about her style rather than say about physical features as I tend to compliment people I know when it comes to beauty x

"I don't stop people on the street to compliment then that's just strange on social media

Yes"

Why is it?

If someone stopped you on the street and said I love your haircut etc, would you engage them or tell them to fuck off?

STOKE ON TRENT

"I don't stop people on the street to compliment then that's just strange on social media

Yes

Why is it?

If someone stopped you on the street and said I love your haircut etc, would you engage them or tell them to fuck off?"

People have stopped me and complimented me I get embarrassed

STOKE ON TRENT

Would I swear at them

Absolutely not.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Yes, rarely. But I do it sort of without breaking my stride, if I can, and I make it about an accessory not an attribute.

Trying to make it clear, I want nothing from you, I'm just trying to be nice, and I'm definitely not scrutinising your body.

I think it depends on the situation. And how personal the compliment is.

2 weeks ago, my girl was standing a a local shop waiting to pay. An older guy stood behind her and said “you have a lovely figure” she ignored the comment he repeats ‘ you have a lovely figure”

She continued to ignore him and then he replies “you should thank me for complimenting you “. She ignored him and returned home pissed off.

She’s not the type to get into a confrontation. And this old fucker didn’t realise he was being a dick.

"Yes, rarely. But I do it sort of without breaking my stride, if I can, and I make it about an accessory not an attribute.

Trying to make it clear, I want nothing from you, I'm just trying to be nice, and I'm definitely not scrutinising your body."

I think If u make it about things people wear most people take it as a genuine compliment while maybe … you have such nice legs or eyes might be perceived as hitting. Tho majority of the time that just is.

The amount of people I scrutinise in a positive way on tube, and think to myself

“she’s got lovely eyes”

Or “he’s got a cheeky smile”

But that’s where it ends, in my mind

I love complimenting my friends tho

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Yes all time x

Manchester (she/her)

"Yes, rarely. But I do it sort of without breaking my stride, if I can, and I make it about an accessory not an attribute.

Trying to make it clear, I want nothing from you, I'm just trying to be nice, and I'm definitely not scrutinising your body.

I think If u make it about things people wear most people take it as a genuine compliment while maybe … you have such nice legs or eyes might be perceived as hitting. Tho majority of the time that just is.

The amount of people I scrutinise in a positive way on tube, and think to myself

“she’s got lovely eyes”

Or “he’s got a cheeky smile”

But that’s where it ends, in my mind

I love complimenting my friends tho "

Yup

Nice hat, smile, keep walking. That sort of thing.

"I think it depends on the situation. And how personal the compliment is.

2 weeks ago, my girl was standing a a local shop waiting to pay. An older guy stood behind her and said “you have a lovely figure” she ignored the comment he repeats ‘ you have a lovely figure”

She continued to ignore him and then he replies “you should thank me for complimenting you “. She ignored him and returned home pissed off.

She’s not the type to get into a confrontation. And this old fucker didn’t realise he was being a dick.

"

I mean, read my frail ego thread. Pretty much similar, I hate people like that. We don’t owe anyone anything!

Also that sounded a compliment to try hit on her… and obviously she didn’t want to engage but even so, why did she have to be thankful????

It’s interesting what everyone is saying, because some people can’t take a compliment nowadays. Which may explain why people aren’t as forthcoming with compliments.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

Yes of course I compliment people. Nobody seems to mind.

Generally speaking yes even if someone walks by in the street with a sweet Band T-shirt or a hockey jersey I compliment them.

If we are engaging yes. Not just randomly as I fear this would come across as weird.

Interestingly though, not long ago I was walking down the street and a chap passed me. He was an imposing character, really dark impressive skin and just looked cool.

He said in a deep voice, 'Excuse me, but you have a really cool beard' Then walked on. He just said it to compliment me and it made me feel really good.

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple  over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

"On social media, in real life?

Do you compliment people or just let them walk by?"

always speak as I find, and if it raises a smile, or lifts a dull day for somebody, why not?

I always compliment both men amd women

I love getting compliment about my after shaves or my dress cod

I keep it sexy I keep nise and

charming

Some compliments have hidden agendas tho and are said to try engage into something else

Example: you have a lovely arse

Isn’t something I’d like to hear from a guy I don’t know when I mind my own business and also if he’s not the type of guy I fancy.

Even if I take the compliment, don’t expect me to say “thank you” just because !

It is awkward to say the least

From someone I know it’s totally different, even if they are men I don’t fancy.

I take compliments from women totally differently tho and never feel awkward x

More in person than on here...

By *ver-CuriousCouple  over a year ago

Newtownabbey

Let them walk by of course,I can admire something without the need to tell someone.

On social media or in person if I know them

I always compliment people in the street. Usually on an outfit, their fragrance or their style. If I see a cute guy with a dog I'll always go up and say "you're so gorgeous I just want to pet you" then tell him his dogs nice too ;-p

Manchester (she/her)

"Some compliments have hidden agendas tho and are said to try engage into something else

Isn’t something I’d like to hear from a guy I don’t know when I mind my own business and also if he’s not the type of guy I fancy.

Even if I take the compliment, don’t expect me to say “thank you” just because !

I take compliments from women totally differently tho and never feel awkward x "

That's why I compliment stuff not bodies, and smile while not breaking my stride. I don't want to be weird

"Some compliments have hidden agendas tho and are said to try engage into something else

I take compliments from women totally differently tho and never feel awkward x "

Next time someone says 'Nice arse' to you say 'You wouldn't have said that at 8am this morning when the world fell out of it'

That will sort em out

By *ancer36Woman  over a year ago

Stirling

Absolutely however only when genuine! I won’t say something for gains for myself, if I see a pretty woman wearing something that accentuates her figure or the colour makes her eyes pop I’d be likely to say ‘you look great’ or ‘love your dress’ depending on the setting, usually within a club/bar/ladies room not running down a high street after her.

People often compliment my hair I’ve never felt awkward when it happens, I appreciate someone taking the time to comment xx

By *irtydevil666Man  over a year ago

bristol

Credit where credit is due......

Next time someone says 'Nice arse' to you say 'You wouldn't have said that at 8am this morning when the world fell out of it'

That will sort em out "

I keep it classy , always

Men need to understand that in this situation, it was super creepy. Although some ladies might also find it acceptable.

Tricky to judge and personally I’d err on the side of don’t.

I mean, read my frail ego thread. Pretty much similar, I hate people like that. We don’t owe anyone anything!

Also that sounded a compliment to try hit on her… and obviously she didn’t want to engage but even so, why did she have to be thankful???? "

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

Yes I do, and I like it when people pay me compliments.

That will sort em out

I keep it classy , always "

In that case do a cute little lady trump, smile and say 'Thanks'

"Absolutely however only when genuine! I won’t say something for gains for myself, if I see a pretty woman wearing something that accentuates her figure or the colour makes her eyes pop I’d be likely to say ‘you look great’ or ‘love your dress’ depending on the setting, usually within a club/bar/ladies room not running down a high street after her.

People often compliment my hair I’ve never felt awkward when it happens, I appreciate someone taking the time to comment xx"

This. But I also found that some are happy just to take but not give back ever or stingy with it. It's draining just giving no matter how selfless one can be by nature.

I told a girl on a tube she had awesome turquoise hair. Shades of ombre of green and blue really. She started showing me the damage and nervously laughing to which I said I'd never notice until you pointed out! Some struggle to take compliments too or believe in them. I'll never see her again, wouldn't gain anything from it

"Yes I do, and I like it when people pay me compliments. "

Nice arse!

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I never compliment strangers. I never receive compliments from strangers either.

If it's someone I know I may pay them a compliment in regard to something they're wearing or a new hairstyle or even something they've done.

However I don't blow smoke up anyones backside so while the compliments may be few and far between they are genuine.

Interesting how you find humour in a situation that many women find hard to deal with.

We seem to have this view that things are just light hearted humour or just banter. And actually fail to comprehend realities of issues faced by ladies daily.

We as men need to be better.

That will sort em out "

"Absolutely however only when genuine! I won’t say something for gains for myself, if I see a pretty woman wearing something that accentuates her figure or the colour makes her eyes pop I’d be likely to say ‘you look great’ or ‘love your dress’ depending on the setting, usually within a club/bar/ladies room not running down a high street after her.

People often compliment my hair I’ve never felt awkward when it happens, I appreciate someone taking the time to comment xx

This. But I also found that some are happy just to take but not give back ever or stingy with it. It's draining just giving no matter how selfless one can be by nature.

I told a girl on a tube she had awesome turquoise hair. Shades of ombre of green and blue really. She started showing me the damage and nervously laughing to which I said I'd never notice until you pointed out! Some struggle to take compliments too or believe in them. I'll never see her again, wouldn't gain anything from it"

But it would have stuck with her! xx

That will sort em out

I keep it classy , always

In that case do a cute little lady trump, smile and say 'Thanks' "

Melania trump one of us

"Interesting how you find humour in a situation that many women find hard to deal with.

We seem to have this view that things are just light hearted humour or just banter. And actually fail to comprehend realities of issues faced by ladies daily.

Some compliments have hidden agendas tho and are said to try engage into something else

That will sort em out "

Interesting how you can be quick to judge someone based on how they deal with the bad things in the world. Why not ask more questions? Get to know someone and what they do to handle things daily everytime they step out of their front door into a world that can bring harm to them and all those they love

I sincerely apologies for judging you on the words of your last statement regarding telling women to use humour.

So you’ve invited me to ask you questions.

I assume you’ll accept my questions?

"Interesting how you find humour in a situation that many women find hard to deal with.

That will sort em out

Interesting how you can be quick to judge someone based on how they deal with the bad things in the world. Why not ask more questions? Get to know someone and what they do to handle things daily everytime they step out of their front door into a world that can bring harm to them and all those they love "

Manchester (she/her)

That will sort em out

Interesting how you can be quick to judge someone based on how they deal with the bad things in the world. Why not ask more questions? Get to know someone and what they do to handle things daily everytime they step out of their front door into a world that can bring harm to them and all those they love "

So someone intrudes into your day, is rude, and you need to coddle them to find out what's good about them?

Absolutely not.

"It’s interesting what everyone is saying, because some people can’t take a compliment nowadays. Which may explain why people aren’t as forthcoming with compliments."

Very true. Esp in london. People dont have time, even if somebody drops dead.

Or a guy is after what he likes.

Ive never heard nor witness a woman give a guy a compliment ever..

By *ooBulMan  over a year ago

Missin’ Yo’ Kissin’

Female/male friends yes!

Complete strangers no - no matter how nice they are! As it could be taken out of context...

[Removed by poster at 05/10/21 15:08:52]

Why should a women give a compliment. Do you see how you’re objectifying women as if they owe men a compliment. And who said you should be handling out compliments like confetti. Keep your comments to yourself unless it’s someone you know.

It’s not ok to randomly assault people who you don’t know might be upset by your unwanted comments that you wish to force upon strangers.

"It’s interesting what everyone is saying, because some people can’t take a compliment nowadays. Which may explain why people aren’t as forthcoming with compliments.

Ive never heard nor witness a woman give a guy a compliment ever.. "

By *hrough the looking gla55Couple  over a year ago

Epsom

Yes! In real life and from behind a screen. If I love it and have the opportunity to say I will or if I feel it’s needed I will also

Spread the love

Bx

I do but only if I mean it. I don't arse lick.

[Removed by poster at 05/10/21 15:14:43]

By *oncupiscent_dreamMan  over a year ago

City

Nó but a woman was walking a lively dogo argentino the other day and I regretted not saying nice dog all the way down the road.

How a typical mans brain malfunctions:

If a woman gives a man a compliment, the male ego automatically thinks, she wants our cock. If a man gives a lady a compliment, she should be grateful.

That will sort em out

Interesting how you can be quick to judge someone based on how they deal with the bad things in the world. Why not ask more questions? Get to know someone and what they do to handle things daily everytime they step out of their front door into a world that can bring harm to them and all those they love

So someone intrudes into your day, is rude, and you need to coddle them to find out what's good about them?

Absolutely not."

Read the whole text

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

If I know them...yes

Complete stranger.....no

"Nó but a woman was walking a lively dogo argentino the other day and I regretted not saying nice dog all the way down the road."

I refused to wear a mask in the street on the basis that dogs can't see you smiling at them.

You seem to be triggered and keep changing your posts.

You Sir need to be mindful of your behaviour and how you view and treat women. Your rather disgusting post (you’ve removed) accusing me of being a wolf to get into the good books of ladies is sadly very wrong.

You’ve clearly illustrated in your own words that you’re failing to grasp misogyny.

We as men need to be better people , we need to call out misogyny when we see it.

Good luck in finding yourself.

"[Removed by poster at 05/10/21 15:14:43]"

"Nó but a woman was walking a lively dogo argentino the other day and I regretted not saying nice dog all the way down the road.

I refused to wear a mask in the street on the basis that dogs can't see you smiling at them."

AW!!!

By *jorkishMan  over a year ago

Seaforth

"

That's just pervy yuk

By *offiaCoolWoman  over a year ago

Kidsgrove

"It’s interesting what everyone is saying, because some people can’t take a compliment nowadays. Which may explain why people aren’t as forthcoming with compliments.

Ive never heard nor witness a woman give a guy a compliment ever.. "

I give compliments to men and women. With men it tends to be how nice they smell. Sometimes you are stood waiting for something and you can smell something nice. I have often said, oh I was trying to track down where that lovely smell is coming from, I think it may be your aftershave ?

By *929Man  over a year ago

newcastle

Random woman in street definitely not as would feel a bit of a creep.

Lost count of the amount of women who complimented tan in summer months but view that as just a appreciation of their desire to go a similar colour rather than any other meaning haha

Only ever compliment when appropriate ie if chatting to lass in pub and she shows genuine interest and/or compliments first. D*unk blokes will happily grab arms and say your “hence” haha

Seaforth

I was in tescos wearing a t.rex t shirt, The Slider album image, a guy walked towards me and said awesome t shirt. I was flabbergasted tbh I think I just said a garbled thanks lol

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

"You seem to be triggered and keep changing your posts.

You Sir need to be mindful of your behaviour and how you view and treat women. Your rather disgusting post (you’ve removed) accusing me of being a wolf to get into the good books of ladies is sadly very wrong.

You’ve clearly illustrated in your own words that you’re failing to grasp misogyny.

We as men need to be better people , we need to call out misogyny when we see it.

[Removed by poster at 05/10/21 15:14:43]"

I disagree with some of this. You as a man may feel you need to be better but some of us have spent our lives in the company of women and already know what is acceptable and what isn't so you are wrong to say men as a whole need to be better.

That's the same as apologising on behalf of all men for something inly some of them are guilty of and building pedestals for women who don't want to be placed on one.

By *hunky GentMan  over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

I do, but not as much any more.

It seems to be seen negatively to try and be complimentary, especially in the work place "un-welcome comments". You can easily find yourself in HR.

"I do, but not as much any more.

It seems to be seen negatively to try and be complimentary, especially in the work place "un-welcome comments". You can easily find yourself in HR. "

That sums it up for me too the world has gone mad.

Maldon and Peterborough

It seems to be seen negatively to try and be complimentary, especially in the work place "un-welcome comments". You can easily find yourself in HR.

That sums it up for me too the world has gone mad."

It's like - I wouldn't be allowed to say to you "nice tattoo".

Walking down the street with my daughter recently and some random guy just said "cool jacket" to me which was nice, not creepy or awkward. It is a cool jacket, but I've had it that long I forget.

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

Need to be careful as some may misinterpreting your Good intentions so if you are having a conversation yes but shouting nice tits to a stranger is a big no no..

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

Depends on the situation..I don’t go up to random people and compliment but in group situations if I like someone’s dress or hair then I will tell them ..

If you feel my message doesn’t apply to you because of your own reasoning, good for you mate.

But I don’t really care about your feelings. If my comment gets even one man to rethink their behaviour for one moment, then I’ll continue to speak out.

Misogyny is a real thing for many women. We are men can do better. Am I perfect! No I am not perfect.

"You seem to be triggered and keep changing your posts.

[Removed by poster at 05/10/21 15:14:43]

I disagree with some of this. You as a man may feel you need to be better but some of us have spent our lives in the company of women and already know what is acceptable and what isn't so you are wrong to say men as a whole need to be better.

That's the same as apologising on behalf of all men for something inly some of them are guilty of and building pedestals for women who don't want to be placed on one.

"

In a shop once there was a girl working there wearing an Iron Maiden t-shirt so I told her I love your t-shirt, and we then went on to have a long conversation about our t-shirts and where were got them. Nothing more, nothing less than good appreciation of cool t-shirts.

"Need to be careful as some may misinterpreting your Good intentions so if you are having a conversation yes but shouting nice tits to a stranger is a big no no.. "

NICE TITS LUV!

Maldon and Peterborough

"Need to be careful as some may misinterpreting your Good intentions so if you are having a conversation yes but shouting nice tits to a stranger is a big no no..

NICE TITS LUV!"

Get 'em out for the lads.

Yes,I compliment people and I say thank you at bars and eateries and I tip

I display good manners and endeavour to be well mannered polite and tolerant

I taught my children good manners and taught them that they will do better in life to be kind

Don’t get me wrong I’m not daft, I will also speak my mind when I need to

The Juxtaposition of your profile pic and your message is hilarious.

"Yes,I compliment people and I say thank you at bars and eateries and I tip

I taught my children good manners and taught them that they will do better in life to be kind

"

Cumbria

"Need to be careful as some may misinterpreting your Good intentions so if you are having a conversation yes but shouting nice tits to a stranger is a big no no..

NICE TITS LUV!"

But I can not tell you have any pictures.

"It’s interesting what everyone is saying, because some people can’t take a compliment nowadays. Which may explain why people aren’t as forthcoming with compliments."

I'm more concerned by the increasing number of people who think it's their right to have their compliments gracefully acknowledged and get the hump otherwise

Cumbria

I'm more concerned by the increasing number of people who think it's their right to have their compliments gracefully acknowledged and get the hump otherwise "

You have great body.

Yes in real life day to day work

I'm more concerned by the increasing number of people who think it's their right to have their compliments gracefully acknowledged and get the hump otherwise "

You have a lovely Xmas dressing gown/house coat/robe (whatever you call it). No reciprocation necessary

By *agpie and RavenMan  over a year ago

Leicester

"The Juxtaposition of your profile pic and your message is hilarious.

Yes,I compliment people and I say thank you at bars and eateries and I tip

"

MassageGuyLondon, you seem very angry today. Would you like to talk?

Frank

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

Nope

Too easy to be taken the wrong way and labelled a creep these days

By *agpie and RavenMan  over a year ago

Leicester

Anyway, to answer the question. Yes, I like the compliments I get from women about my arse. Look but don't touch without permission though, unless you want to incur the wrath of Jane

I also sometimes pay compliments to complete strangers, e.g., if I really like the design on a woman's nails, or if a man or woman is wearing a scent I really like I'll ask the name of it. Odd really as I never wear aftershave.

Frank

By *bostCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Have to say I get embarrassed when Mrs Pf decides to compliment someone in real life. Case in point…

I’m in a local petrol station paying for fuel, Mrs Pf then arrives beside me with juice and sandwiches, we were off on a road trip. She the. Proceeds to compliment the rather hot young lady behind the counter on her nails. And how lovely they are etc.

I was mortified, and needless to say called Mrs Pf a creep for the rest of the day. She reckons it’s nice to give and receive compliments from strangers.

"I was in tescos wearing a t.rex t shirt, The Slider album image, a guy walked towards me and said awesome t shirt. I was flabbergasted tbh I think I just said a garbled thanks lol"

Never heard Slider. They any good? (obvs you think so otherwise you wouldn't have bought the tshirt)

Yes I do sometimes, observation and experience teach the best way to give a compliment for all parties involved.

STOKE ON TRENT

"Yes I do sometimes, observation and experience teach the best way to give a compliment for all parties involved."

I'm waiting ^^^

"Yes I do sometimes, observation and experience teach the best way to give a compliment for all parties involved.

I'm waiting ^^^"

Your hairstyle reminds me of the Inca people's.

Interesting people the Incas.

STOKE ON TRENT

"Yes I do sometimes, observation and experience teach the best way to give a compliment for all parties involved.

I'm waiting ^^^ Your hairstyle reminds me of the Inca people's.

Interesting people the Incas. "

Xx

"Have to say I get embarrassed when Mrs Pf decides to compliment someone in real life. Case in point…

I’m in a local petrol station paying for fuel, Mrs Pf then arrives beside me with juice and sandwiches, we were off on a road trip. She the. Proceeds to compliment the rather hot young lady behind the counter on her nails. And how lovely they are etc.

I was mortified, and needless to say called Mrs Pf a creep for the rest of the day. She reckons it’s nice to give and receive compliments from strangers. "

I think its good to give someone possitive comments , if there something i like about someone im happy to let them know, but kinda see your case in point.

Interesting people the Incas. "

..Your interesting too!!!!!

I used to compliment people a lot but people thought I was coming onto them so stopped I compliment people I know now

Doughnut

I love complimenting people, its nice to make someone feel good x

STOKE ON TRENT

Interesting people the Incas. ..Your interesting too!!!!!"

You have a nice tool

Seaforth

"I was in tescos wearing a t.rex t shirt, The Slider album image, a guy walked towards me and said awesome t shirt. I was flabbergasted tbh I think I just said a garbled thanks lol

Never heard Slider. They any good? (obvs you think so otherwise you wouldn't have bought the tshirt)"

The group is T. REX first glam rock group, Headed by Marc Bolan - get it on, 20th Century Boy etc. The Slider was the follow up to Electric Warrior that got to no.1

STOKE ON TRENT

"I love complimenting people, its nice to make someone feel good x"

Nice bum

I try at least once a day ...to say something positive to a total stranger

"I try at least once a day ...to say something positive to a total stranger

"

I wish I could do that I love seeing people smile

By *heel markMan  over a year ago

beside the sea

Are you even allowed to compliment stranger's in the street. Id of thought in this pc madness age that would be classed as some kind of verbal assault?

Interesting people the Incas. ..Your interesting too!!!!!

You have a nice tool"

Is that the best you have!? Got sounds better, but where in the UK.

If being polite and a decent human being is a problem for you, you have my sympathies.

"Are you even allowed to compliment stranger's in the street. Id of thought in this pc madness age that would be classed as some kind of verbal assault?"

By *asterR and slut mayaMan  over a year ago

Bradford

I compliment a lot of people here for their well written profile or pics .it cost nothing to compliment someone and I like to give credit where its due.

STOKE ON TRENT

Interesting people the Incas. ..Your interesting too!!!!!

You have a nice tool Is that the best you have!? Got sounds better, but where in the UK. "

That's all your getting

By *heel markMan  over a year ago

beside the sea

"If being polite and a decent human being is a problem for you, you have my sympathies.

Are you even allowed to compliment stranger's in the street. Id of thought in this pc madness age that would be classed as some kind of verbal assault?"

I am a decent person and certainly dont need your sympathy. I asked a question!

That sums it up for me too the world has gone mad.

It's like - I wouldn't be allowed to say to you "nice tattoo". "

I don't mind mate I won't call the PC brigade on you

Yes I do.

"Are you even allowed to compliment stranger's in the street. Id of thought in this pc madness age that would be classed as some kind of verbal assault?"

I think that's a wee bit of an over reaction

On social media and in rl yes

Complete strangers, not often

Yes I compliment people loads

By *ose and her beastCouple  over a year ago

Watford

Yes that shit can make someone's day my favorite is one someone comments on my nerdy t shirt or understands the reference x

Yes I do. If I compliment its because I really mean it.

I'm not on social media but I do on here... and in public... yes I do! But only if whatever caught my eye is exceptional and deserves to be complimented! Not just for the sake of politeness or to try and win favor! For example I saw a girl when I was cycling with amazing hair, as I cycled past I told her... she beemed from ear to ear and thanked me! That was it! I had no intention of striking conversation.

Who doesn't like receiving genuine compliments! I do lol so I treat others how I'd like to be treated

I’m a kindly soul, and enjoy giving and receiving compliments ... when done so genuinely.

By *iBBWLondonWoman  over a year ago

London

"On social media, in real life?

Do you compliment people or just let them walk by?"

I always compliment; I don’t do it just for the sake of it, though.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

Yes if someone or something is worth complimenting.

Don't do false flattery

I only really compliment in real life. I find that it comes across more sincere than online.

"Are you even allowed to compliment stranger's in the street. Id of thought in this pc madness age that would be classed as some kind of verbal assault?

Ithought that too

I think that's a wee bit of an over reaction "

Yes compliment everyone .... Always ... Online and IRL .... But rarely get same back

Yes I do quite often! I told a man today he was doing a very good of raising his puppy to be respectful and friendly! I also compliment family and friends often too, in real life and social media as it's good to be kind. I don't compliment people if there's nothing to say though.

By *indergirlWoman  over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

Yes I do x

"Yes I do x"

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Yes, I've been making a point of it recently, as most people look really pleased when I do.

other women yes women i work with yes strangers no and no to men as well as a compliment for most men is alway mis read..

as for on fab nothing turns me off quicker than the hey beautiful ... darling ....sexy ... all rather creepy to me when they dont even know me

You know what mr breadless... im very courteous & polite but i dont compliment

I'll make a change from this evening

By *educedWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

No

I’m a bit of a hypocrite. I compliment strangers often when I’m out and about but hate it and get embarrassed when it happens to me

By *entlemenpipMan  over a year ago

not far

If an organics conversation has already started then yes

But I won't stop some one in the street

London

"I’m a bit of a hypocrite. I compliment strangers often when I’m out and about but hate it and get embarrassed when it happens to me "

Me too! I just want to run and hide

By *hroatQueen_CATV/TS  over a year ago

Carlisle

Yes! Nice to compliment people depending on the situation and how comfortable they make you feel. A little kind word could make someone's day! You never know what someone could be going through in their life.

By *ld StrumpetWoman  over a year ago

Telford

I compliment people all the time in real life if it feels right and it’s genuine which for me is spot because I’m so easily made happy. I however get many strangers compliment my hair because it stands out vividly

London

"I compliment people all the time in real life if it feels right and it’s genuine which for me is spot because I’m so easily made happy. I however get many strangers compliment my hair because it stands out vividly "

I love your status updates and thread posts when I see them; the teabagging one the other day made me laugh so hard I actually almost fainted, I couldn’t catch my breath!

» Add a new message to this topic