FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Defining features

Defining features

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *wist my nipples OP   Couple  over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

Do you have a defining feature? The funny one, the unreliable one, the good listener?

If you do, do you feel you have to play up to it? Always crack jokes even when you're not feeling it? Figure nobody expects much from you so why bother? Yearn for someone to ask how you are, for a change?

Do you like it? Or not?

Mrs TMN x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

If you ask my best friends I'm the one who gives you a straight answer wether you like it or not. But I'm also the one who will disappear off the face of the earth to go sort my head out when it all gets a bit too much.

They understand me and how I work so I guess it is a positive thing. We all know where we stand which I think friendship is all about

La la land

"If you ask my best friends I'm the one who gives you a straight answer wether you like it or not. But I'm also the one who will disappear off the face of the earth to go sort my head out when it all gets a bit too much.

They understand me and how I work so I guess it is a positive thing. We all know where we stand which I think friendship is all about "

Oops that was two

"If you ask my best friends I'm the one who gives you a straight answer wether you like it or not. But I'm also the one who will disappear off the face of the earth to go sort my head out when it all gets a bit too much.

They understand me and how I work so I guess it is a positive thing. We all know where we stand which I think friendship is all about

Oops that was two "

Ha ha! That's OK, I'll let you off

By *asilyled1Man  over a year ago

ogmore valley

Oops that was two "

There’s always one!

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I'm not sure I have a defining feature but I am constantly curious. I ask questions as a way of checking in, sating my curiosity, expressing care, clarifying so I understand what someone means.

It's not defining but I think, that perhaps, not so deep down, I like people to take an active interest in me. Check how I'm doing. Ask me about me. And maybe, sometimes, I don't feel like people do very often. It's easier to talk about others because people (not in a negative way) like talking about themselves. And I do like hearing about others. But everyone now and again I think I would like people to be curious about me. More so.

You can't control or dictate how others though can you? I don't think I'd want to. I like my friends for how they are and if I didn't like it they wouldn't be my friends*.

* This has been fueled by a double espresso so it is full ramble.

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

Totally depends on the situation

I'm the funny one, the serious one, the needy one, the rock, the toddler, the mother, the reliable one, the one who cancels on a night out, the poor one, the generous one, the one who has all the time in the world for people, the one who needs silence and solitude.

Yeah, that's me.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Always crack jokes even when you're not feeling it? "

Ain't too much sadder than the tears of a clown.

La la land

Oops that was two

There’s always one! "

There is yes

By *asilyled1Man  over a year ago

ogmore valley

Oops that was two

There’s always one!

There is yes "

And it’s usually you f!

By *bostCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Mrs Pf - definitely the organiser. Likes to know the plan far enough ahead.

Mr Pf - the gruff but faux grumpy (actually a big softy) one that can look at a situation from different viewpoints.

Not everyone has reached comfort in their own skin. But it’s coming and then you’ll realise, it doesn’t matter what others think about you, what others expect of you. You are you.

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I think that’s there’s how we see ourselves and how others see us. Often the two are very different.

I’d typify myself as the practical and dependable one, the one that you can rely on when things go bad or wrong, the one with the answer or the shoulder, the kind word or kick in the arse.

How others see me?

That’s for them to answer

I'm the quiet one but a straight talker.

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

I think I'm probably the pragmatic one. The one who steps around the emotional aspect of something to look for a practical solution...or just do something fun to take their mind off of it.

Yes I kill threads on Fab

"I'm not sure I have a defining feature but I am constantly curious. I ask questions as a way of checking in, sating my curiosity, expressing care, clarifying so I understand what someone means.

It's not defining but I think, that perhaps, not so deep down, I like people to take an active interest in me. Check how I'm doing. Ask me about me. And maybe, sometimes, I don't feel like people do very often. It's easier to talk about others because people (not in a negative way) like talking about themselves. And I do like hearing about others. But everyone now and again I think I would like people to be curious about me. More so.

You can't control or dictate how others though can you? I don't think I'd want to. I like my friends for how they are and if I didn't like it they wouldn't be my friends*.

* This has been fueled by a double espresso so it is full ramble. "

I think curiosity counts as a defining feature I also enjoy a full Meli ramble! X

"Totally depends on the situation

I'm the funny one, the serious one, the needy one, the rock, the toddler, the mother, the reliable one, the one who cancels on a night out, the poor one, the generous one, the one who has all the time in the world for people, the one who needs silence and solitude.

Yeah, that's me."

"Always crack jokes even when you're not feeling it?

Ain't too much sadder than the tears of a clown. "

Doot doot doot, do do do doot doot doot doot!

I hear you Mr.

"I think that’s there’s how we see ourselves and how others see us. Often the two are very different.

I’d typify myself as the practical and dependable one, the one that you can rely on when things go bad or wrong, the one with the answer or the shoulder, the kind word or kick in the arse.

How others see me?

That’s for them to answer"

Do you think so, Tea? I'm not suggesting we can control other people's opinions. But if our view of ourselves is totally at odds with other people's, is that purely down to them?

By *stbury DavenportMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

My defining feature is my height.

Whether I like it or not is irrelevant, as I get zero say in the matter.

By *otSoPoshWoman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

I don't think I've got a defining feature. Not that I can see anyway.

I'm just me. Ooh. Maybe I'm the flirt

"My defining feature is my height.

Whether I like it or not is irrelevant, as I get zero say in the matter. "

I don't think your feelings are irrelevant. Sure, you might have no control over your height, but why does that negate how you feel about it?

"I don't think I've got a defining feature. Not that I can see anyway.

I'm just me. Ooh. Maybe I'm the flirt "

No "just" about it. You're you

By *otSoPoshWoman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

"I don't think I've got a defining feature. Not that I can see anyway.

I'm just me. Ooh. Maybe I'm the flirt

No "just" about it. You're you "

Can't be anyone else. They're all taken

By *ose and her beastCouple  over a year ago

Watford

Khaos is known as mother goose as she's always housing and feeding our friends and I am known as emotional support Jak as I'm always an ear for issues and problems we make a good team

By *EAT..85Woman  over a year ago

Nottingham

The happy positive one.

It's not a bad thing to be known for.

It was hilarious when I broke down in tears a few months ago, they didn't know what to do with me

If I'm feeling low then I'll just keep a lower profile. It's rare though.

I'm the one that doesn't say much but my face does

Helpless romantic, also I’m known for being pretty chaotic and all over the place. (Can’t stand still) x

I’m the laid back one amongst my friends and close loved ones. This is good as I never stress, panic or react poorly when life throws the usual curveballs that we all know too well but it’s also the worst curse too as I’m the one everyone comes to with their problems.

I’d rather they didn’t do that

By *stbury DavenportMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

"My defining feature is my height.

Whether I like it or not is irrelevant, as I get zero say in the matter.

I don't think your feelings are irrelevant. Sure, you might have no control over your height, but why does that negate how you feel about it? "

You might not, but the rest of the world does. I am always going to be defined by my stature whether I want to be or not.

"Do you have a defining feature? The funny one, the unreliable one, the good listener?

If you do, do you feel you have to play up to it? Always crack jokes even when you're not feeling it? Figure nobody expects much from you so why bother? Yearn for someone to ask how you are, for a change?

Do you like it? Or not?

Mrs TMN x"

How are you?

I'm the strong one. The one who gets things sorted, the problem solver the listener. It is what it is I guess, would love someone to come along and take over sometimes

By *elshkinkyMan  over a year ago

south wales

Sarcastic with a smidge of inappropriate humour

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

I'm a little bit of everything rolled into one x

By *tew008Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

dunno a cunt but pleasantly

"Do you have a defining feature? The funny one, the unreliable one, the good listener?

Do you like it? Or not?

Mrs TMN x

How are you? "

Ha! I'm grand, thanks.

Others have told me my defining feature is solidity.

I'm reliable and honest. I will have a tough conversation if it's needed and I talk honestly even if it's painful.

I think my friends are to be trusted more with this than I am. I think I would choose something that I wish defined me, rather than actually did

By *dam1971Man  over a year ago

Bedford

Supportive when needed, ready to see the funny side otherwise.

In some ways I’m not as much of a twat as people expect

The playful, silly, chatty one. I like to involve people, I hope no-one feels left out when I'm around.

By *BootyfulDayWoman  over a year ago

I would maybe say the silly/giggly one as I love making people smile and laugh though just depends how introverted I'm feeling as some days I'm just super quiet, especially round more than a couple people!

» Add a new message to this topic