FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > You're not "just" a...

You're not "just" a...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rincess peach OP   Woman  over a year ago

shits creek

If you're unaware, I'm a waitress. I often refer to myself as "just a waitress" which in all honesty I've been made to feel by many customers over the years. The pay is shit, the hours are shit and a lot of the time the customers TREAT you like shit.

The thing that has always kept me going aside from the colleagues that are more like family has been knowing that now n then, I really do make a difference to someone's day.

I'm not at work today, I'm attending a funeral this afternoon. The funeral of one of my regular customers. I don't know them outside of work, I've only ever been their waitress.

Now if that lady's family have gone to the effort of inviting me that says that I HAVE made an impression, I HAVE made them feel cared about. You know what? I DO care and I was proper upset when I was told of her passing.

So in your job, with your friends, with strangers you may pass. Don't ever think you're "JUST" anything. You could be the light in their day.

Peace and love

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We need to love and respect ourselves above all else.

Prioritise your own happiness and good things come to us.

I hope you have a good day saying farewell to someone who’s life you was in briefly. But obvs made an impression in. X

By *iBBWLondonWoman  over a year ago

London

"If you're unaware, I'm a waitress. I often refer to myself as "just a waitress" which in all honesty I've been made to feel by many customers over the years. The pay is shit, the hours are shit and a lot of the time the customers TREAT you like shit.

The thing that has always kept me going aside from the colleagues that are more like family has been knowing that now n then, I really do make a difference to someone's day.

I'm not at work today, I'm attending a funeral this afternoon. The funeral of one of my regular customers. I don't know them outside of work, I've only ever been their waitress.

Now if that lady's family have gone to the effort of inviting me that says that I HAVE made an impression, I HAVE made them feel cared about. You know what? I DO care and I was proper upset when I was told of her passing.

So in your job, with your friends, with strangers you may pass. Don't ever think you're "JUST" anything. You could be the light in their day.

Peace and love "

I hope it’s a lovely send off for her.

Hugs xx

By *rivervaderMan  over a year ago

bolton

Send our love to the family and hope your ok

By *ussexualMan  over a year ago

Brighton

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

That’s bloody lovely reading that Peach. Warmed my heart that did. Now this is the kinda shit I like to read on here xx

[Removed by poster at 04/10/21 10:31:43]

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Much love x

By *elshkinkyMan  over a year ago

south wales

Really grips my shit when I see or hear anyone talking down to people because of what occupation they choose… I’ve challenged it and will continue to do so…. Then I’m “just a” twat… happy to be so … #beproud

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"That’s bloody lovely reading that Peach. Warmed my heart that did. Now this is the kinda shit I like to read on here xx

"

PS I bloody love ya kid. You’re ace x

By *ntrigued32Couple  over a year ago

Nottingham

We've never met in person P. But we have chatted online for a couple of years. You are a real Gem.

I hope today goes as best as it possibly can.

Jo.Xx

That is respect. For her family to invite you is the ultimate. May she have a safe journey.

By *heNYCSausageMan  over a year ago

Everton

That’s beautiful and shows your character if you’re being invited to a funeral of one of your customers. Think about it. You’ve made such an an impression that he’s told his family all about you and they were so impressed that they wanted you at such an intimate place.

That’s the best accolade someone can give you

Personally the only time I feel like I’m a “just” is when I’m having sex. But then people tell me things that make me question my low opinion of myself and my skills.

By *jorkishMan  over a year ago

Seaforth

We can all make a difference to a person's life, sometimes we don't realise it and never get to know.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

No one is ever just one thing - we're glorious, multifaceted humans, more than our jobs, our bodies, the day we're having... this is a lovely reminder of that.

You matter Peach. You touch lives by being glorious, authentic you.

Sending you love.

By *eeBee67Man  over a year ago

Masked and Distant

Its good to make a lasting positive impression on someone's life. Something we should all aspire to.

No-one should ever be a "Just a....." people are more than a job. All jobs are there to fill a need and provide for a person or family. The problems with supply chain at the moment should highlight that perfectly.

Without the much ignored lorry drivers, not even the high and mighty can get there stuff.

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

I hope today goes as well as it can do op.

Your the kind of person who makes a difference to others even if you don't see it yourself.

Even when life is being really shitty to you your positive soul shines through the crap.

x x

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

Some jobs/roles make a universal/obvious impact.

Others have the same impact but on a much smaller and personal scale.

Something a friend said to me a few years ago during my gaming days, it may not make sense to everyone but I think most will get the jist.

"Damage wins the fame, Healing wins the game".

It is before lunch, my brain is not fully functioning yet so that's the best I can contribute for now.

By *agerMorganMan  over a year ago

Canvey Island

In my job, I've been referred to as a "Security N*zi".

Either way, there's a load who do appreciate what I do.

Love you Peach xx

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

Hugs princess

By *viatrixWoman  over a year ago

Redhill

I work in the care industry now. In admin.

But everyone immediately assumes I am “just a carer”. And I tell them, well, carers are super people and I don’t think I am up in their league! They are tireless, work incredibly long hours with very complex and sad cases, take a big emotional and physical load and they are still smiling and turning to work at 5:00am after a midnight finish!

It makes me angry when people say “just a carer”. It’s been proven with the pandemic how essential these jobs are.

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

"I work in the care industry now. In admin.

But everyone immediately assumes I am “just a carer”. And I tell them, well, carers are super people and I don’t think I am up in their league! They are tireless, work incredibly long hours with very complex and sad cases, take a big emotional and physical load and they are still smiling and turning to work at 5:00am after a midnight finish!

It makes me angry when people say “just a carer”. It’s been proven with the pandemic how essential these jobs are. "

Absolutely this

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

"If you're unaware, I'm a waitress. I often refer to myself as "just a waitress" which in all honesty I've been made to feel by many customers over the years. The pay is shit, the hours are shit and a lot of the time the customers TREAT you like shit.

Peace and love "

A beautiful word

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

You’re not ‘just’ Peach here either lady…. You’re someone we all know (albeit virtually) you’re part of the fab furniture and we all luv ya

No-one is "just a".

When we ran a pub I once introduced our cleaner as the most important member of staff we had. She did a job that made sure our pub was clean and inviting, not something that everyone would want to do.

People who do not want to work and live off the state get my contempt.

Except for me, but I spent 50 years earning that right and the money we live on.

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Xxxx

By *wist my nipplesCouple  over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

Preach it, Peach. Sending love xx

Mrs TMN

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

Well said

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

You not just a “waitress”.

You’re at least a “shit talking, photo taking dry old hag of a waitress”

Hope it all goes off as well as can be expected P. You touch more people than you know, and not in a sexual way....perverts!

You can make a difference to how you deal with someone, even in your work. I have a client base of @ 3000 people and it's surprising the number that form a social bond with you. It can be a little awkward though as I find myself politely declining invitations quite frequently.

Ones profession does not make them the pets person, their attitude does.

I hope you're proud of yourself for making that difference in someone's life

Fuck it...your not just anything....you don't know me or probably know I exist but your comments and profile and pics always makes a difference to my day....so your my favourite fabber and not just a fabber

Now I will run and hide x

By *rincess peach OP   Woman  over a year ago

shits creek

Thank you all for your comments (even you Nookie ya wet lettuce)

It couldn't have gone any better even though I smudged my make up ever so slightly loads.

Fucking humbled doesn't even come close.

So I'll say it again....

You ain't "just" anything, coz even "just" that kindly stranger can mean the cunting world to someone and touch their lives far deeper than you ever realised

Much love

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

» Add a new message to this topic