FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Profiles here and other sites. Profile to good to be true

Profiles here and other sites. Profile to good to be true

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *JB1954 OP   Man  over a year ago

Reading

As some may have seen put posts about being contacted on another site. As title says. Please read my post nocturnal thread Sunday night onwards.

My point is how do everyone . If contacted, then find profile to good to be true. My case . Good looking , figure etc. Supplied lot of private details to me. Which check out. Yes did do checks to know correct. Yet red flags , alarm bells ringing still . In brief . She has given me . Phone number , spoke on phone. Her address etc. Company details . As I was suspicious. Sent a scanned photo of her passport. Am I being to disbelieving . That this female likes me etc ? . Comments please

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *mma29Couple  over a year ago

wirral

Is she a lot younger?

Have you been asked to supply any personal info? Or lend her money?

If it doesn't feel right just leave it alone is my advice.

Reading

"Is she a lot younger?

"

No not lot younger she is 57 . No money . My yes concern. To good to be true . Reason , I am 67 , she has showed me her business company , checks out. Plus has profile on business network app. Sent address. Even given passport photo. My reason . Why a female who yes well off etc. Wants to be involved with retired male . Yes in messages and phone calls get on very well. Am I being perhaps ? Overthinking ?

wirral

"Is she a lot younger?

No not lot younger she is 57 . No money . My yes concern. To good to be true . Reason , I am 67 , she has showed me her business company , checks out. Plus has profile on business network app. Sent address. Even given passport photo. My reason . Why a female who yes well off etc. Wants to be involved with retired male . Yes in messages and phone calls get on very well. Am I being perhaps ? Overthinking ? "

I honestly don't know.

The passport thing does seem like trying too hard to prove who she is. But could be innocent.

Have you spoken much over the phone? Does she seem genuine?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Blimey i wouldn't send any of that info

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

If I even harboured such thoughts of asking for a passport (which I wouldn't) I wouldn't be meeting that person..why would you want to meet someone you obviously don't trust.

And I, sure as hell wouldn't be sending my documentation to anyone.

Seems a bit extreme on both sides to me

Reading

"Is she a lot younger?

No not lot younger she is 57 . No money . My yes concern. To good to be true . Reason , I am 67 , she has showed me her business company , checks out. Plus has profile on business network app. Sent address. Even given passport photo. My reason . Why a female who yes well off etc. Wants to be involved with retired male . Yes in messages and phone calls get on very well. Am I being perhaps ? Overthinking ?

I honestly don't know.

The passport thing does seem like trying too hard to prove who she is. But could be innocent.

Have you spoken much over the phone? Does she seem genuine? "

yes spoken most nights since contacted. I do agree about passport etc . I did at one point say something about , why contact me as due to info at that time . She could get any male she wanted. Yes she is good looking and has very good figure. So she said she would prove genuine . Even though spoken on phone . Sent passport photo.

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

Any one who tries that hard to gain your trust, I'd be suspicious of.

Be careful friend.

wirral

"Is she a lot younger?

I honestly don't know.

Have you spoken much over the phone? Does she seem genuine? yes spoken most nights since contacted. I do agree about passport etc . I did at one point say something about , why contact me as due to info at that time . She could get any male she wanted. Yes she is good looking and has very good figure. So she said she would prove genuine . Even though spoken on phone . Sent passport photo. "

Ok then and are you planning on meeting up?

Just please don't under any circumstance, lend her money.

I dont really know what else to say. Maybe others on here with more experience and ideas can help more.

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Have you phoned her???

Reading

"Have you phoned her???"

We have chatted on phone every night this week

STOKE ON TRENT

"Have you phoned her???

We have chatted on phone every night this week "

what does your gut tell you

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"Blimey i wouldn't send any of that info

"

Nor would I sounds like a fake to me

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

I would be running to the hills.

Your gut is telling you what you need to know otherwise you wouldn't have posted your concerns.The document id thingseems excessive when put with the rest of the info.

People are fake on the professional website which I suspect begins with an L.

It sounds like a set up to scam you.

By *nliveneTV/TS  over a year ago

Selby

"Any one who tries that hard to gain your trust, I'd be suspicious of.

Be careful friend."

So true

I wouldn't ask for or send any of that information, why don't you just meet her in a neutral public place and see? Sounds like you have trust issues and she trying a little bit too hard to be honest

I think the fact your first meeting is you picking her up from the airport (from nocturnal thread)is a red flag. Be careful that she's not using you.

Please tell me you dont have a pet rabbit??

STOKE ON TRENT

"Please tell me you dont have a pet rabbit??"

She might be very lonely. She might have an air of desperation because she's desperate

Obviously be careful but also be open.

By *ussexualMan  over a year ago

Brighton

Please, no matter what, do not send any money or personal information. Maybe she's genuine, but there's a say on the Web, if you have to ask is something is a scam, then it almost certainly is.

I came close to getting caught in a similar scam a few years ago. I was chatting with a lady, she seemed very genuine, had a professional job etc. Then she had to go abroad, to Turkey, for work, we carried on chatting. Then "her visa was cancelled, and she urgently needed some money to pay for them to restore her visa. Lots of quite convincing reasons why she couldn't get cash from anywhere. She sent me her passport (red flag one) and a screenshot of her UK bank - this was where she really slipped up, the bank screenshot was obviously fake. I banked with the same bank, and my account page was different, different text, heading etc. She also sent a picture of her holding a paper with my name written on it, when zoomed in, you could see the writing was photo shopped on.

I broke off all contact. I work in it, I'm very aware of scamms, phishing etc, but it is scary how convincing this was.

Please be very wary op.

"I think the fact your first meeting is you picking her up from the airport (from nocturnal thread)is a red flag. Be careful that she's not using you. "

Oh the passport makes more sense now

OP, i think you are right - it is a scam.. Block her and move on

However.. You may find similar profiles contacting you

By *urls and DressesWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere near here

It feels a bit red flag to me, the need to send a passport, and someone above mentioning picking up from the airport? It wouldn’t lie comfortably for me. However, it really is possible for any two people to like each other regardless of age, looks etc so that bit doesn’t concern me, the passport does.

"Blimey i wouldn't send any of that info

"

Neither would I!

If someone asked for it I'd likely block them too

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

It sounds dodgy as fuck to me.

It's not uncommon for scammers to hack peoples accounts and get everything from passport scans to bank accounts to nudes. Alot of this stuff is backed up by our phones so it's pretty easy these days to get someones complete set of identity, photos, contact details and it will all check out.

Would run a mile - no sane woman would go to those lengths to prove they're real.

By *immyinreadingMan  over a year ago

henley on thames

"I think the fact your first meeting is you picking her up from the airport (from nocturnal thread)is a red flag. Be careful that she's not using you.

However.. You may find similar profiles contacting you"

Where is she flying in from?

By *immyinreadingMan  over a year ago

henley on thames

"It sounds dodgy as fuck to me.

It's not uncommon for scammers to hack peoples accounts and get everything from passport scans to bank accounts to nudes. Alot of this stuff is backed up by our phones so it's pretty easy these days to get someones complete set of identity, photos, contact details and it will all check out.

Would run a mile - no sane woman would go to those lengths to prove they're real. "

I guess we can all see that this one sounds a bit odd, but none of us can spot what the catch might be.

"I think the fact your first meeting is you picking her up from the airport (from nocturnal thread)is a red flag. Be careful that she's not using you.

However.. You may find similar profiles contacting you"

I have the same thought when I put the 2 together from the common on the other thread.

Your profile is a profile that could attract a whole range of people possibly sought for in good faith on your part.

Including types you may not want.

1.False verification seekers

2. Asset enquirers

3. Asset/relationship enquirers

4. Asset/more than relationship enquirers.

5. Health experts (see 2 3 and 4 above and 6 7 8 below)

6. Murderers.

7. Murderous lunatics.

8. Imported murderous lunatics.

9. Con Artists.

10.Information gatherers.

» Add a new message to this topic