FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Charity chuggars in the high street - do you avoid them?

Charity chuggars in the high street - do you avoid them?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *UNCHBOX OP   Man  over a year ago

folkestone

You know - those clipboard people who chase after you trying to get you to sign up a direct debit for various charities. Are you the sort of person who will avoid them by get your head down and not making eye contact, or do you let them stop you and chat to you?.

Personally i just say to them if i want to donate to charity i choose the charity myself in my own time.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I have mastered a certain look.... a glare of the eyes.... the clever ones keep the fuck away from me.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

I ask them how much they get to keep out of every pound.....all politely like, then say no thank you.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Do I avoid them..? No, specially if they step in the road in front of the car..

I avoid them like the plague, I will never sign up for anything on the street or if they come knocking on my door. That being said, I work for a charity and regularly offer my services to Help For Hero's as I benefited from them in the past.

Tell them you don't have a bank account. Confuses the hell out of them.

I feel an irresistible urge to assault them ever since one, asking for a donation to a church and after being told no, called me a loose woman for being with a man out of wedlock....I was linking my younger brother at the time

What amazes me with Chuggers is that, in these days of ID theft, anyone STILL gives their bank details to a complete stranger in the street - or anywhere else!!!!

I was at an air show last Saturday, and there were a few charity stalls who had chuggers manning them. Apart from it being extremely annoying that it was hard, due to the crowds, to get past these stalls without being 'accosted' (oooh - er missus!), when I told two of them that I was 'sorry, but I don't give out my personal details' I didn't even get to finish the sentence before they started trying to make ME feel guilty for not supporting 'returning heroes' etc. Bloody cheek!

Just say no and walk past. I don't ever feel guilty so would not give a rats butt what they say. If they are collecting for a church, I like to say I am a satanist... this especially annoys the JW's

By *aris23Woman  over a year ago

France

I too have a withering look which deters the vast majority. Those tenacious ones who dare open their mouths soon get quick, sharp but polite 'no thank you'. The older I get the less I feel like being guilted into anything I don't want to do!

No need to be rude, they are only trying to earn their salary but it would be much better if they had a little stall so that people who were interested could go to them.

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

I pretend I'm on my phone as I'm walking by them!

I look them square in the eyes and smile at them as I say "no"

They could be anyone on the scam, if I want to give my money to someone, it will be my kids.

By *ornyHorwichCpl aka HHCCouple  over a year ago

horwich

If I cant avoid them I lie and say I already support them, they have no come back to that

Rhett just tells them to f**k off

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I do what Polo does....i usually give online to the charities i wish to donate to.

By *irtydanMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

"I have mastered a certain look.... a glare of the eyes.... the clever ones keep the fuck away from me."
lol

By *rokengirlWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere

I always say sorry im on my way to work they never push you for time then

By *ea and SugarCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

"I pretend I'm on my phone as I'm walking by them! "

me too!!!

By *umsuckMan  over a year ago

Gateshead

I used to work for a brief time going door to door signing people up for various charities. I never felt comfortable doing it,but what I did notice was it was usually those who had the least who donated the most

I do tend to tell the street ones a firm 'no thanks', however once a month we get them come to the house which I really object to.

» Add a new message to this topic