FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Gig tickets

Gig tickets

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *gent Coulson OP   Man  over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

Just browsing through some tour dates for next year. One of my guitar heroes is touring, with an excited tap I clicked on the dates for the Albert Hall gigs, fuck me, cheapest ticket, £207, as much as I would love to see Joe Bonamassa again, there is no way on god's green earth am I going to pay that, the most expensive ticket was £292

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

Jeez.

The most I've paid was 20ish years ago at £130 a ticket to see Meatloaf at Hyde Park.

Was a once in a lifetime thing for me that one though, although I've seen him a few times now since, it was my first time and a gift for my dad, as he's a massive fan but had never seen him. That was truly special to me.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Jeez! All his vintage guitars don't come cheap, someone's got to pay for them!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Had a look at website and cheapest was £71, most expensive was £211 ?

I just want to see the pixies play. I would spend that amount to finally see them

Recently spent £80 to see Nick Cave which is most I've paid outside of Festivals. Absolutely worth it.

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

I am finding now that seeing a 'tribute' band is probably better.

By *eyond PurityCouple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

Unfortunately with touts and companies who buy to sell on, that unless you are lucky to get a ticket within a couple of hours of them going on sale, you’ll always pay much more.

It’s whether you’ll think it’s worth it or not…I went to see Mariah Carey and Elton John within a few days of each other, about 4 years ago as I didn’t know if they’d ever tour again. I paid about £100 each for a ticket then and that was direct with the arena…

I’ve also been to see bands which have cost me £20 to see them and I would have paid a lot more.

If I’ve got the money and I really want to see them then I’d pay the money.

K

I paid less than a twenty for a band I really want to see. I also paid over 100 for Sting or Bryan Adams years ago. How many chances will you get to enjoy live music of your favourite artists which is a totally different experience to listening to an album.. worth it.

Male half spent 80 odd for the constant delayed ozzy osbourne and judas priest gig

By *orksRockerMan  over a year ago

Bradford

"Just browsing through some tour dates for next year. One of my guitar heroes is touring, with an excited tap I clicked on the dates for the Albert Hall gigs, fuck me, cheapest ticket, £207, as much as I would love to see Joe Bonamassa again, there is no way on god's green earth am I going to pay that, the most expensive ticket was £292"

I had the same dilemma the other week when wanting to see Lindsey Buckingham next year. Over £250 per ticket.

Also Genesis last week. Theirs were £181 each and lots available all over the arena on the day and still they didn't reduce that price.

So I negated on both gigs... Atrocious money!

I paid £52 to see McFly last month with absolutely zero regrets. I absolutely LOVE them. Haha I wanna see them at the 02 but can’t bring myself to pay for that.

Also Frank Turner is charging stupid amounts to see him now. I never paid more than £25 a ticket now he’s doubled that. I know they have to recoup from lost money during Covid but jeez.

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Whitesnake tour is on the gig list next year for us

By *orksRockerMan  over a year ago

Bradford

I've got Foo's tickets for next year and their price hasn't changed since 2018. Cheers Dave, top bloke.

"Just browsing through some tour dates for next year. One of my guitar heroes is touring, with an excited tap I clicked on the dates for the Albert Hall gigs, fuck me, cheapest ticket, £207, as much as I would love to see Joe Bonamassa again, there is no way on god's green earth am I going to pay that, the most expensive ticket was £292"

Someone in my bar was saying the same thing about Genesis tickets as they were extortionate prices in London. He looked to see where else they were playing and it was a fraction of the price up north so he bought tickets there instead.

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

I think it's because these professional ticket tout companies have got in on the act. They must be coining it in.

The sad thing for me is that there will be a lot of empty seats in the hall, but Tickmaster don't give a shit because they are making a packet. I wish they would reduce the price if unsold tickets in the last couple of days, but I doubt they ever will. They are much more interested in making money than letting the largest amount of people see concerts.

I paid over £600 for Pearl jam tickets for me, wife and two kids in 2019 for summer 2020.

Then it got cancelled COVID style.

Then I got a refund minus £80.

Great experience

By *obandlollyCouple  over a year ago

Long Eaton

"I just want to see the pixies play. I would spend that amount to finally see them"
the first date Pearl Jam play Hyde Park next year has Pixes as one of the supporting acts! Tickets are still available too!

By *ev257Man  over a year ago

cardiff

Why are people paying such stupid prices.

Most ever paid for a gig is around £22 n around £150 for a weekender.

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

It only seems to be the big, popular bands playing in huge venues that charge stupid amounts.

I much prefer going to see a band at a venue like the Academy or Rock City and feeling part of the event (and actually being able to get near the band). Also helps that I'm spending under £40.

Seeing STING next year in the Palladium ..£67 was the ticket , purchased it in 2019 ,was to be on in September '20..put back till June this year ..now April '22..

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

You can't put a price on memories but it up to the individual on how much you are prepared to pay.

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

"I paid over £600 for Pearl jam tickets for me, wife and two kids in 2019 for summer 2020.

Then it got cancelled COVID style.

Then I got a refund minus £80.

Great experience "

I was meant to be seeing them in Brighton in July I think it was

By *onb21Woman  over a year ago

Cardiff

I gave up on live music years ago because of the extortionate prices.

» Add a new message to this topic