FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Female James Bond

Female James Bond

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Keir Starmer says it is time for a female Bond. I disagree.

My vote is for Idris Elba. He would make a great Bond

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Haven't seen the new one yet, but wasn't it announced a while ago that Lashana Lynch was going to be the next Bond? I'm confused.

"Keir Starmer says it is time for a female Bond. I disagree.

My vote is for Idris Elba. He would make a great Bond"

It's an Odd Job Tom but someone's got to do it.

It's all throw-ver the shoes.

It should be Christopher Biggins

As much as everyone knows I’m about equality James Bond is a male character and should stop as such. Unless we have a male Miss Marple to balance things out

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

Just stop had it's day

On her majesty’s secret cervix

Any gamblers? Put £1 on Dan Stevens

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

There's a long history in theatre of men playing women and in panto of women playing principle boy. Whether this can extend to 007 I have no idea. For me, I don't give a damn but why not make an equivalent woman licensed to kill agent? Thus protecting the brand for the traditional fans and giving a lead role to a woman.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

"On her majesty’s secret cervix "

2356 likes

3456 retweets

By *yron69Man  over a year ago

Fareham

Settle for Alan Carr

By *hunky GentMan  over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

I know the '007' number was given to a woman in the new film (shakes head in disjust).

James Bond is a white man - don't try and fix what isn't broken.

Why does the film industry think they need to change the sex or race of every character (as it's written) these days??

And no - I'm not trying to be sexiest or racist.

Hot tip !

Tom hardy ! Or

Tom Huddleston aka Loki !

By *rhugesMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

"I know the '007' number was given to a woman in the new film (shakes head in disjust).

Why does the film industry think they need to change the sex or race of every character (as it's written) these days??

And no - I'm not trying to be sexiest or racist."

100% agree

South

James Bond is James Bond 007

Not Jasmine Bond 007

By *adyBugsWoman  over a year ago

cognito

"As much as everyone knows I’m about equality James Bond is a male character and should stop as such. Unless we have a male Miss Marple to balance things out "

Isn’t that Poirot?

Don’t know if anyone remembers the pg tips chimpanzees ! My names brook bond ! Lol

If they really want to be progressive and inclusive, why not take the time to create a new female character in a similar role.

It's a lot of fucking nonsense. And this will be the last Bond film I see if a female is taking on the role.

"As much as everyone knows I’m about equality James Bond is a male character and should stop as such. Unless we have a male Miss Marple to balance things out

Isn’t that Poirot? "

Kinda but then it’s a different name

By *adyBugsWoman  over a year ago

cognito

I thought about this as I watched the new film last night. There should absolutely be a woman at some point but I’m not sure who would be the best Actor for the role. They need to have the right strength and charisma to match what Craig bought to the role.

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"If they really want to be progressive and inclusive, why not take the time to create a new female character in a similar role.

It's a lot of fucking nonsense. And this will be the last Bond film I see if a female is taking on the role."

South

"If they really want to be progressive and inclusive, why not take the time to create a new female character in a similar role.

It's a lot of fucking nonsense. And this will be the last Bond film I see if a female is taking on the role."

same here

Yes I think we should 'steer away' from the white side of James now....

James Bond is a secret agent and has been portrayed by a number of different men. So...

Controversial idea but perhaps "James Bond" is an assumed identity in the same way that 007 is.

That would allow the role to be played by anyone.

By *ougie321Man  over a year ago

Milford Haven

Charlize Theron

Maldon and Peterborough

The trailer for the film plays her role down.

The 007 number shouldn't be anyone but JB - imo.

By *jorkishMan  over a year ago

Seaforth

New character Jane Bond 36dd

By *elshkinkyMan  over a year ago

south wales

Daniel Craig put it best… if you want a strong female role… right it specifically for a strong female character… don’t shoe horn a female into a male role … and as far as ethnicity is concerned it really doesn’t make a difference …

I’d go for Welsh Bond personally …his tag line could be … “I’ll be there now in a minute”

And yes you all read that with a Welsh accent in your head

By *laymates4UCouple  over a year ago

leeds

Damian Lewis next Bond?

By *TK421-Man  over a year ago

Cheltenham

Idris Elba as Bond. Definitely a great idea.

A woman as Bond. Definitely a great idea.

Carrying on the movies in either direction or any direction between and beyond? A great idea.

Any way is a win in my books.

By *entlemanrogueMan  over a year ago

Motherwell

as long as the films are good, i couldnt care less who plays 007

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Yes a female 007 would be great

She would not BE James Bond. That saga ended with Sean connery in my eyes, Pierce Brosnan was a Bond character portrayal as is Daniel Craig

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

From what I've heard, there has never been a plan for an actual female 'James Bond', but for a female '007'.

It's just that everyone (and the media) equates 007 as James Bond and jumps to conclusions.

Big difference, as 007 is a designated code name, that if I recall, has been given to a different agent in the past.

Bond is the actual male character.

So, yes there might be a new Bond film, with a leading female 00 agent (possibly 007 as their are many reasons the code could get reassigned), but I'm pretty certain it won't be Bond.

I don’t agree that there should be a female bond but they should make a character for a female

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

Keir Starmer looking for votes?

East London

A female 007 can work but she won't be called James.

Maybe Jane or Jamie.

Boris Johnson for new bond !

Sorry got confused with Jonny English lol

[Removed by poster at 01/10/21 11:14:25]

Maldon and Peterborough

If they want to do another version of 007 or James Bond then pick a new name and number.

Ian Flemming wrote James Bond as 007 - so leave it alone.

By *agan_PairCouple  over a year ago

portchester

There will never be a female James Bond, the EON have made a lot of money from their ownership of the brand and they are not going to kill the golden goose.

I’d like to see them take the character back to the 60s era and make it a bit of a period piece. Something different to the modern ones.

Henry cavil or Michael fasbender could carry the brand very well. The people that want to change bonds race or gender do not want to do it out of a love for the character but of a hatred of what they believe the character represents. To make a bit of noise in the press and trigger a few people. None of these stories have ever come from people that own the character.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Surely the film series is James Bond 007 and so should stay.

The 00 status is the designated licensed to kill

Jack dee

I don’t see why a Female James Bond can’t be called James Bond. In this day and age, surely we are better then this.

"I know the '007' number was given to a woman in the new film (shakes head in disjust).

100% just leave it alone.

By *arker secrets 321Man  over a year ago

West Bromwich

Have 2 agree ??

Paradise, Herts

"I don’t see why a Female James Bond can’t be called James Bond. In this day and age, surely we are better then this."

Better than what?

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

James Bond is and always will be a man. The clue is in the name. Maybe make another francise with a female lead?

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

It's a lazy argument attempting to tick boxes that don't need to be ticked. Have we as a society become so boring and predictable that we have to sanitise everything and make it all the same? Does that not go against the whole premise of diversity?

By *arah_tv999TV/TS  over a year ago

Oxford

All this "inclusion" stuff can go too far. If you recall James Bond's back story, he was a Royal Naval Commander who grew up in Scotland prior to becoming a "OO" agent. As such this needs to be respected when casting for Daniel Craig's replacement, and whether we like it or not this points to a white male.

Of course there is nothing wrong in creating a new character that could be female or black or anyone, but that character would be different and not James Bond.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

We do need interesting, strong, female leads though. That doesn't mean taking a role that's traditionally/historically male slotting a woman into it. To me it means a role of their own

"I don’t see why a Female James Bond can’t be called James Bond. In this day and age, surely we are better then this."

Yeah totally and Jane Eyre should be a bloke.

"We do need interesting, strong, female leads though. That doesn't mean taking a role that's traditionally/historically male slotting a woman into it. To me it means a role of their own"

Agreed but strong female leads are still sexualized....

"Boris Johnson for new bond !

Sorry got confused with Jonny English lol "

Pmsl

Brilliant

By *tue555Man  over a year ago

Passed Beyond Reach

"There's a long history in theatre of men playing women and in panto of women playing principle boy. Whether this can extend to 007 I have no idea. For me, I don't give a damn but why not make an equivalent woman licensed to kill agent? Thus protecting the brand for the traditional fans and giving a lead role to a woman. "

I was watching Graham Norton and they have a female 00 in the cast, which might be the lead in to a Jane Bond franchise which is the most likely way they will go, which makes sense as you can't change the James Bond brand just wouldn't work. Im sure many feminist groups would like to see the end of James Bond,

East London

True. The First Officer of USS Shenzhou in Star Trek:Discovery is a woman called Michael.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"There's a long history in theatre of men playing women and in panto of women playing principle boy. Whether this can extend to 007 I have no idea. For me, I don't give a damn but why not make an equivalent woman licensed to kill agent? Thus protecting the brand for the traditional fans and giving a lead role to a woman.

I was watching Graham Norton and they have a female 00 in the cast, which might be the lead in to a Jane Bond franchise which is the most likely way they will go, which makes sense as you can't change the James Bond brand just wouldn't work. Im sure many feminist groups would like to see the end of James Bond, "

I'm not sure a woman 00 agent would be marketable on the same way James Bond is. Most women don't want to be the female equivalent of a male we just want to be a person going about our job whether it's killing people or dishing up mash in s school canteen (which if the mash at my school was anything to go by is more or less the same thing )

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"We do need interesting, strong, female leads though. That doesn't mean taking a role that's traditionally/historically male slotting a woman into it. To me it means a role of their own

Agreed but strong female leads are still sexualized...."

Yep but James Bond is too

By *mma29Couple  over a year ago

wirral

Julian clary gets my vote.

He was born to play that role.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I don't want to have to use a man's name to be accepted as an agent licenced to kill. I want to be Babs Bond licenced to kill

Maldon and Peterborough

"There's a long history in theatre of men playing women and in panto of women playing principle boy. Whether this can extend to 007 I have no idea. For me, I don't give a damn but why not make an equivalent woman licensed to kill agent? Thus protecting the brand for the traditional fans and giving a lead role to a woman.

I was watching Graham Norton and they have a female 00 in the cast, which might be the lead in to a Jane Bond franchise which is the most likely way they will go, which makes sense as you can't change the James Bond brand just wouldn't work. Im sure many feminist groups would like to see the end of James Bond,

I'm not sure a woman 00 agent would be marketable on the same way James Bond is. Most women don't want to be the female equivalent of a male we just want to be a person going about our job whether it's killing people or dishing up mash in s school canteen (which if the mash at my school was anything to go by is more or less the same thing )"

That hasn't stopped them doing female versions of:

Ghostbusters

Ocean's eleven, (etc.)

Sherlock Holmes

Wyatt Earp

Van Helsing

To name a few.

"We do need interesting, strong, female leads though. That doesn't mean taking a role that's traditionally/historically male slotting a woman into it. To me it means a role of their own

Yep but James Bond is too"

But isn't that his thing as a spy? Seduction to get information? Little bit easier for a female bond to seduce...lol

I don't mind male/females doing whichever character they want. But for me, it will just result in lack of continuity. Imagine a guy playing Lara Croft.

As someone mentioned above, it would be nice to create a new character parallel to the James Bond one with a different name but same role.

jane bond I would say imogen poots

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I'm not sure a woman 00 agent would be marketable on the same way James Bond is. Most women don't want to be the female equivalent of a male we just want to be a person going about our job whether it's killing people or dishing up mash in s school canteen (which if the mash at my school was anything to go by is more or less the same thing )

Ghostbusters

Ocean's eleven, (etc.)

Sherlock Holmes

Wyatt Earp

Van Helsing

To name a few.

"

True. How have they done compared to the mostly men version? I have no idea

A white man can go to many places in the world and not stand out particularly as

he will have a reasonable cover story made for him.

How will my brother Idris penetrate (except for women) so easily?

Or will his remit be Africa, parts of North plus South America and Europe.

Making OO7 kind of a OO6.

They will choose a white woman first so she will be OO5.

Boy! do I like to stir the pot!!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Yep but James Bond is too

But isn't that his thing as a spy? Seduction to get information? Little bit easier for a female bond to seduce...lol"

Is it?

"Daniel Craig put it best… if you want a strong female role… right it specifically for a strong female character… don’t shoe horn a female into a male role … and as far as ethnicity is concerned it really doesn’t make a difference …

I’d go for Welsh Bond personally …his tag line could be … “I’ll be there now in a minute”

And yes you all read that with a Welsh accent in your head "

We've already had a Welsh Bond. And an Aussie!

Maldon and Peterborough

Ghostbusters

Ocean's eleven, (etc.)

Sherlock Holmes

Wyatt Earp

Van Helsing

To name a few.

True. How have they done compared to the mostly men version? I have no idea"

One word - shyte.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Ghostbusters

Ocean's eleven, (etc.)

Sherlock Holmes

Wyatt Earp

Van Helsing

To name a few.

One word - shyte. "

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

You could take the same approach as the Star Wars franchise and expand the Bond universe and open it up for new characters but it doesn't have the same depth.

Daniel Craig said that a new Bond movie is always an event and should therefore stay that way without trying to make it something it's not.

Maldon and Peterborough

"Daniel Craig put it best… if you want a strong female role… right it specifically for a strong female character… don’t shoe horn a female into a male role … and as far as ethnicity is concerned it really doesn’t make a difference …

We've already had a Welsh Bond. And an Aussie!"

Indeed;

Timothy Dalton

George Lazenby

Let's not forget Pierce is Irish too.

We've already had a Welsh Bond. And an Aussie!

Indeed;

Timothy Dalton

George Lazenby

Let's not forget Pierce is Irish too. "

And Scottish Sean connary and wooden roger Moore lol

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

"All this "inclusion" stuff can go too far. If you recall James Bond's back story, he was a Royal Naval Commander who grew up in Scotland prior to becoming a "OO" agent. As such this needs to be respected when casting for Daniel Craig's replacement, and whether we like it or not this points to a white male.

Of course there is nothing wrong in creating a new character that could be female or black or anyone, but that character would be different and not James Bond."

Personally, I'd love to see an expanded Bond universe, where we get to see what different 00 agents are up to.

By *elshkinkyMan  over a year ago

south wales

"All this "inclusion" stuff can go too far. If you recall James Bond's back story, he was a Royal Naval Commander who grew up in Scotland prior to becoming a "OO" agent. As such this needs to be respected when casting for Daniel Craig's replacement, and whether we like it or not this points to a white male.

Of course there is nothing wrong in creating a new character that could be female or black or anyone, but that character would be different and not James Bond."

There are black Naval commanders as there are black Scottish men… not sure what your point is on this… not as many as white but there are time models out there …

By *immyinreadingMan  over a year ago

henley on thames

He really nails the big topics doesn’t he!

Jesus!

James Bond is a bloke, pretty clear from the books. And miss marple is a woman, getting him broadbent to play miss Marple would be bullshit

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Ghostbusters

Ocean's eleven, (etc.)

Sherlock Holmes

Wyatt Earp

Van Helsing

To name a few.

One word - shyte. "

Because they are trying to show horn a female into an already known male story.

Write a story / create a movie for a female rather than being lazy and doing a quick tick box exercise reproduction.

By *orthseatiger69Man  over a year ago

Ayrshire /North lanarshire

Will there be the same outcry to change Charlie’s Angels

By *an4funMan  over a year ago

london

If we want something different for a Bond movie, can we have him fail in his mission and die in the end please. Along with the world being destroyed with the super weapon orbiting earth. And being turned down by every female he tries it on with.

That would be a Bond movie I would actually watch

By *immyinreadingMan  over a year ago

henley on thames

"If we want something different for a Bond movie, can we have him fail in his mission and die in the end please. Along with the world being destroyed with the super weapon orbiting earth. And being turned down by every female he tries it on with.

"

Or a bit more realism, like breaking his hand in the first minute of his first fight, and having to go to a and e and then do a desk job for a few months

By *mma29Couple  over a year ago

wirral

"If we want something different for a Bond movie, can we have him fail in his mission and die in the end please. Along with the world being destroyed with the super weapon orbiting earth. And being turned down by every female he tries it on with.

"

No mr. Bond, I expect you to die.

london

Or a bit more realism, like breaking his hand in the first minute of his first fight, and having to go to a and e and then do a desk job for a few months "

london

No mr. Bond, I expect you to die."

He never does though.

Seen one, seen 'em all

By *oncupiscent_dreamMan  over a year ago

City

Idris Elba is old as fuck. You have to do 5 films, how old will he be?

Bond is supposed to be a Playboy, not some lecherous old man perving on you g women. Daniel Craig looks like an old leather bag and his voice sounds like a on grandad who been through world war 1, then they put him walking into some young sexy woman's shower like a creep.

Idris would have been good 10 year ago.

Als I have no problem with a female bond. As long as they highly sexualize her and have her do sex acts to get the mission done, just like the real women who work for mi6.

By *agan_PairCouple  over a year ago

portchester

He never does though.

Seen one, seen 'em all"

Were you one of the writers on No time to die ???

By *oncupiscent_dreamMan  over a year ago

City

"

He did fail, but didn't die in Skyfall. He had one mission protect the head of mi6, he drove her to a remote place where she was murdered. Then he turns up at mi6 in a posh suit and the new head doesn't even blink, just says they need to get back to work.

If your mission was to protect head of mi6 and you did that shit show, you'd never work for them again, you'd be lucky to not wake up dead stuffed inside a suitcase where the police say you locked yourself in the suitcase.

london

He never does though.

Seen one, seen 'em all

Were you one of the writers on No time to die ??? "

Does he die in the end of that one?

london

He did fail, but didn't die in Skyfall. He had one mission protect the head of mi6, he drove her to a remote place where she was murdered. Then he turns up at mi6 in a posh suit and the new head doesn't even blink, just says they need to get back to work.

If your mission was to protect head of mi6 and you did that shit show, you'd never work for them again, you'd be lucky to not wake up dead stuffed inside a suitcase where the police say you locked yourself in the suitcase."

Now that I would waste 3hours watching

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

The part of James Bond should never be played by a woman.

James Bond is a bloke. End of.

If James Bond is going to be played by a woman then we have to have 007 the trans years....... to update him.

A woman spy in the lead ? Yes of course. Working for the same agency as James? Yes of course. In the same film ? NO. She will be the lead in her own film.

Jane Bond or similar.

A trans Bond ? Why not. Tula... that's all i'm saying.

The next Jane Eyre should be a bloke.

The next Lara Croft should be a bloke.

"If James Bond is going to be played by a woman then we have to have 007 the trans years....... to update him."

Cock to pussy.

"If James Bond is going to be played by a woman then we have to have 007 the trans years....... to update him.

Cock to pussy."

43,342 likes

12,458 Retweets

Maldon and Peterborough

"The next Lara Croft should be a bloke."

Let's not forget Martin Poppins.

"On her majesty’s secret cervix

2356 likes

3456 retweets

123456789 "

Finally, some recognition

The next postman pat should be a woman.

By *odgerMooreMan  over a year ago

Carlisle

No - make the writers come up with strong female Leads - Helen Mirren in Prime Suspect comes to mind - awesome actress- brilliant part. About time they stopped being lazy and making exactly the same films with females in the lead - we have amazing actresses about time they wrote parts that are worthy of them.

King's Crustacean

"If James Bond is going to be played by a woman then we have to have 007 the trans years....... to update him.

Cock to pussy."

Are you a genius or a porn addict ? Either way I liked it.

The names Band. James Band.

King's Crustacean

All you children grasping at the female leads for males should take a fookin' long hard look at Prince Charming in Cinders..... bet you never ever noticed.

I’d love Zoe Kravitz to be the next bond . Ooofttt x

Carlisle

"All you children grasping at the female leads for males should take a fookin' long hard look at Prince Charming in Cinders..... bet you never ever noticed."

Dont google Prince Charming In Cinders… not a panto Im taking the kids to!!

Carlisle

"I’d love Zoe Kravitz to be the next bond . Ooofttt x "

I loved ‘Are You gonna go My way?!’ Same bloke?

Cock to pussy.

Are you a genius or a porn addict ? Either way I liked it."

I was hoping you could tell me.

And yes you all read that with a Welsh accent in your head "

Yes! I read this quote and forgot who'd said it.

"The next Lara Croft should be a bloke."

Same outfit

King's Crustacean

Cock to pussy.

I was hoping you could tell me. "

I'd like to think you are a genius.

"The next Lara Croft should be a bloke.

Same outfit "

Already been done, Indiana Jones was pretty much a Lara Croft

Carlisle

Same outfit "

I heard Rowan Atkinson is down to replace Idris Elba as Luther in the film version?

King's Crustacean

"All you children grasping at the female leads for males should take a fookin' long hard look at Prince Charming in Cinders..... bet you never ever noticed.

Dont google Prince Charming In Cinders… not a panto Im taking the kids to!! "

Not literally 'in' Cinders...

Same outfit "

Plums poking out of the tight shorts when he’s climbing up stuff.

Cock to pussy.

I was hoping you could tell me.

I'd like to think you are a genius. "

Thank you

*closes xhamster*

Carlisle

"All you children grasping at the female leads for males should take a fookin' long hard look at Prince Charming in Cinders..... bet you never ever noticed.

Dont google Prince Charming In Cinders… not a panto Im taking the kids to!!

Not literally 'in' Cinders..."

ahhh ok - as you were… nothing to see here!!

King's Crustacean

Same outfit

I heard Rowan Atkinson is down to replace Idris Elba as Luther in the film version? "

You know, he'd play that part well. He's suave, intelligent but.......... the Mr. Cool , sexy all women want him vibe ? mmmmmm nah ..... not there

Same outfit

Already been done, Indiana Jones was pretty much a Lara Croft "

Different outfit though

By *heron212Man  over a year ago

London

1) Idris Elba

2) Henry Cavill

3) Tom Ellis

Those are my top 3 mainstream selections for the next Bond.

Anyone whining about inclusion speaks to the rampant problem with British cinema in the first place, the tendency for revisionist history that works in the majority's favor, and the primary reason why most of its Black stars of note come to America in search of more work and respect.

King's Crustacean

Could I just mention that I got petrol. A full tank........

Keeps flitting through my brain

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

But it wouldn’t be James Bond.

What about a male Lady Penelope in the next T Birds film?

"Could I just mention that I got petrol. A full tank........

Keeps flitting through my brain "

There was never an issue down here, if anything the petrol station have been quieter than normal, we’ve just been gathered round watching you lot panicking on the big screen.

Carlisle

"1) Idris Elba

2) Henry Cavill

3) Tom Ellis

Those are my top 3 mainstream selections for the next Bond.

Anyone whining about inclusion speaks to the rampant problem with British cinema in the first place, the tendency for revisionist history that works in the majority's favor, and the primary reason why most of its Black stars of note come to America in search of more work and respect.

"

These 3 are a good shout - i don’t know whether theyre going to follow what they tried when Connery left and got someone very similar with George Lazenby or go opposite and make him more like Todger Moore . But I think and have thought for ages that Tom Hardy must be in with a shout?

King's Crustacean

There was never an issue down here, if anything the petrol station have been quieter than normal, we’ve just been gathered round watching you lot panicking on the big screen."

Down here ? Is it permissable to have flammables down there ?

I never panicked... I just passed a forecourt to day and vroom did a quick left.

By *itzi999Woman  over a year ago

Slough

Keeps flitting through my brain "

Congratulations! How long did you have to queue for it? Seen so many horror stores

Maldon and Peterborough

Congratulations! How long did you have to queue for it? Seen so many horror stores "

I've been passed a dozen petrol stations today - no queues

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

Same outfit

Already been done, Indiana Jones was pretty much a Lara Croft "

Well more a case of Lara Croft was a female Indians Jones.

But that's the point most people are making. Tomb Raider is not just a gender swap riding on the coat tails of what came before. It takes influence but it is its own thing.

They made a whole new character and franchise away from it - note Lara Croft and Tomb Raider has no direct link to Indians Jones in any way. At all, other than being an adventuring archaeologist.

Don't remake Aliens (seriously don't!) and instead of the awesomeness that is Ripley we now have a male lead. No! Ripley is a woman, go make a new alien styled franchise and make that lead a man if you want.

King's Crustacean

No messing......... I have just had a Genius Idea......

Genius......

Peter Seranifowicz

God YES...... him ....

By *itzi999Woman  over a year ago

Slough

Congratulations! How long did you have to queue for it? Seen so many horror stores

I've been passed a dozen petrol stations today - no queues "

There’s a place in Greater London, called Hayes. The Asda has a a 24/7 petrol station. However, due to disruption in the store(!) they do not sell petrol from 8am-8pm.

With ALL due to respect to the ladies of this World , an absolutely incredible species in loads of ways but PLEASE don't go there...James Bond is exactly that ...James..

No no no no!!... to a female James or will it be Jane Bond?

I'm all for equality, but some things just need to be left alone.

Can't abide this bloody have we covered everything "tick box" society we're currently in.

Maldon and Peterborough

"No no no no!!... to a female James or will it be Jane Bond?

Can't abide this bloody have we covered everything "tick box" society we're currently in.

"

You tell 'em girl.

"No no no no!!... to a female James or will it be Jane Bond?

You tell 'em girl. "

I will my lovely.

Grrrrr

Liverpool

I like source material to be respected and followed. Some minor details here and there can be overlooked, especially if nothing was ever stated in the source material. e.g. Hermione in the Harry Potter play was cast with a Black actress I'm fine with that, was never stated her race in the books.

Hugh Jackman as Wolverine... Great acting and almost perfection but the character of Wolverine is 5ft 4inches if I remember correctly. Compared to 6ft+ Jackman. Plus his voice could have been much more rough.

Blurred lines there.

No, we don't need a female bond, surely someone could write something to suit a female lead

By *stbury DavenportMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

Everyone with an opinion about spy films with a strong female lead has seen Atomic Blonde, right?

Tom hardy is next

"Hot tip !

Tom hardy ! Or

Tom Huddleston aka Loki ! "

Huddleston is a drip

I think Tom Ellis(Lucifer) would make a brilliant Bond

Paradise, Herts

"I think Tom Ellis(Lucifer) would make a brilliant Bond "

Yes!!!!!

"I think Tom Ellis(Lucifer) would make a brilliant Bond

Yes!!!!!"

He would be perfect that voice and body

Paradise, Herts

Yes!!!!!

He would be perfect that voice and body "

He really would

On a mooch

"I think Tom Ellis(Lucifer) would make a brilliant Bond "

Charles Humman for me

Charles Humman for me "

Never heard of him…now back to your baby shark routine you go

"Tom hardy is next "

I'm a Tom Hardy fan... But not sure if he's right for Bond?

Bond is smooth,charismatic, charming and no disrespect to Tom, I'm just not sure??

Plus I'm not sure I'd cope with him flirting with all these gorgeous women

Pick me Tom, pick me!!

On a mooch

Charles Humman for me

Never heard of him…now back to your baby shark routine you go "

Damn auto carrot… Hunnam, lead in Sons of Anarchy

Tom Ellis is too camp. I don’t mind a camp bond. He could penetrate places James Bond has never been before.

I always preferred Indiana Jones.

I want a black female James Bond. And she will be named James Bond. Her role to return the UK back home into the bosom of our beloved EU.

Charles Humman for me

Never heard of him…now back to your baby shark routine you go

Damn auto carrot… Hunnam, lead in Sons of Anarchy "

Ooooo he’s lovely too

By *stbury DavenportMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

There's been a thoroughly unsubstantiated rumour doing the rounds for some time now that the only reason Daniel Craig has stayed on so long is that he doesn't want Tom Hardy to get the role.

Liverpool

"Everyone with an opinion about spy films with a strong female lead has seen Atomic Blonde, right? "

As far as I'm aware most people don't have a problem with female lead spy films. It's the changing of an already named and established character for the sake of changing it that the issue is.

If a movie was released with a female lead as a spy but have zero connections to James Bond, nobody would make a fuss. Well okay some would, they would complain that it's a James Bond knock off but that happened with the Bourne series early on too. Bond with Amnesia. Mission impossible gets the similar comparison.

I don't care who they choose for Bond but I hope they keep Naomie Harris

There will never be a female James Bond. There could well be a female 007, because that's just a role that can be filled by any '00'. No reason 007 can't be a woman and have her own badass style. Otherwise it's like saying let's have a male Lara Croft or a male Wonder Person..

By *trideMan  over a year ago

Plymouth

See “My Name Is Modesty”, (2003). Taken from the books about Modest Blaise by Peter O’Donnell. Had it not flopped, it could have been the first of a female “Bond”-type series.

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

Not a chance. They wouldn’t be able to drive his car properly for a start

"Not a chance. They wouldn’t be able to drive his car properly for a start "

Cheaper insurance though

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

I think it's had its time and should be quietly put to sleep.

For one thing source material from the books had run out.

The character of Ian fle.ings creation was a man and the idea of a female Jane Bond is assured.

Unless you turn it onto another direction and Just focus on the 007 Licenced to Kill number rather than the name.is the only way it would work

Does anyone ever take what Captain Hindsight says seriously?

"I think it's had its time and should be quietly put to sleep.

For one thing source material from the books had run out.

The character of Ian fle.ings creation was a man and the idea of a female Jane Bond is assured.

Unless you turn it onto another direction and Just focus on the 007 Licenced to Kill number rather than the name.is the only way it would work"

Disagree. I can't wait to see the new one. Daniel Craig as been brilliant. If I see that a bind film is on the Tele I always watch it. I don't think there's a bond film I didn't like.

Personally I prefer strong female characters over females shoe horned into previously male parts.

Give me

Ripley in Aliens Series

Daenerys & Cersei Game of Thrones

Trinity The Matrix movies

Charlize Theron in Automic Blonde

Jennifer Lawrence in Red Sparrow or as Katniss in the The Hunger Games

Buffy Summers, 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'

Believe me I could go on and on there's loads of amazing female leads in the history of TV and Film.

In fact sony playstation have some amazing female lead characters

Ellie The Last of Us part 1 & 2

Alloy Horizon Dawn

KJ

By *929Man  over a year ago

newcastle

Never watched bond and not sure she would fit the role but Betty gilping was fucking badass in the hunt loved her in that

"

Personally I prefer strong female characters over females shoe horned into previously male parts.

Give me

Ripley in Aliens Series

Believe me I could go on and on there's loads of amazing female leads in the history of TV and Film.

Alloy Horizon Dawn

KJ

"

How did I forget Lara Craft who crosses both gaming and the movies doh

"

Give me

Ripley in Aliens Series

Alloy Horizon Dawn

KJ

"

Buffy!!!!! That’s me

Why? The character is James Bond. It's a male character.

Just create another franchise with a woman lead. Superman and Batman weren't made into women. They simply had Supergirl and Batgirl.

If need be, have a spin-off from one of Bond's female leads to lead her own show.

East London

"There's been a thoroughly unsubstantiated rumour doing the rounds for some time now that the only reason Daniel Craig has stayed on so long is that he doesn't want Tom Hardy to get the role. "

Because he's knows he'll be a better Bond than him.

"Never watched bond and not sure she would fit the role but Betty gilping was fucking badass in the hunt loved her in that "

Good one.....love her in glow and the hunt

"There's been a thoroughly unsubstantiated rumour doing the rounds for some time now that the only reason Daniel Craig has stayed on so long is that he doesn't want Tom Hardy to get the role.

Because he's knows he'll be a better Bond than him.

"

I think Tom Hardy is brilliant but cannot see him as bond.

I think Tom Hardy would be quite similar to Daniel Craig.

Be surprised if they go with him though.

"Hot tip !

Tom hardy ! Or

Tom Huddleston aka Loki ! "

Tom Hardy

By *reya73Woman  over a year ago

Whitley Bay

I'd say the answer is to just stop making bond movies.

"I'd say the answer is to just stop making bond movies. "

Noooo....what will I do with my tux then??

By *reya73Woman  over a year ago

Whitley Bay

"I'd say the answer is to just stop making bond movies.

Noooo....what will I do with my tux then?? "

Wear it! All the other movies will still be there. We just don't need to suffer any more of em

"I'd say the answer is to just stop making bond movies.

Noooo....what will I do with my tux then??

Wear it! All the other movies will still be there. We just don't need to suffer any more of em "

....but....but...what about my Walther PPK and Aston? And my need to cause death and destruction in the name of Her Majesty.

Jodie Comer in Villenelle mode

wasn't the female version of Bond called Modesty Blaise back in the 1960s

By *ongueandgroove555Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

[Removed by poster at 01/10/21 23:18:59]

By *asterR and slut mayaMan  over a year ago

Bradford

The clues in the name

Bond

James bond

Maldon and Peterborough

[Removed by poster at 01/10/21 23:40:24]

Maldon and Peterborough

Just leave my mate Jimmy alone - alright.

Live and Let Die!!