FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Do you wish swinging was more socially acceptable?

Do you wish swinging was more socially acceptable?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ack688 OP   Man  over a year ago

abruzzo Italy (and UK)

Following on from an earlier post about Swing Shame, I was curious about whether you wish you could be more open about living this lifestyle. Over the last 50 years, attitudes towards many things that were previously reviled, such as gay relationships, trans relationships, have thankfully become less and less stigmatised. How much more acceptable would swinging have to become before you would be prepared to be completely open about it with friends and family?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No I quite like that it's our dirty little secret and I think you'd get more people doing it for the wrong reasons.

By *ack688 OP   Man  over a year ago

abruzzo Italy (and UK)

"No I quite like that it's our dirty little secret and I think you'd get more people doing it for the wrong reasons. "

Because it was the hip and trendy new thing to do rather than because it’s something they actually want??

"No I quite like that it's our dirty little secret and I think you'd get more people doing it for the wrong reasons.

Because it was the hip and trendy new thing to do rather than because it’s something they actually want??"

Partly, I think people would be more likely to be coerced into it, if it was seen as "normal".

By *ir SupremacyMan  over a year ago

Bolton

No I like it being a unique community.

"No I quite like that it's our dirty little secret and I think you'd get more people doing it for the wrong reasons. "

this, the taboo nature is what makes it hot

By *antasy Explorers 1313Couple  over a year ago

A place where others reside (nr Oxford)

Agree with this. Don't want anyone and everyone knowing our business. Our friends don't know every time we have sex as a married couple, why on earth should they know if we've had someone else round to enjoy it with us. We like the little sidewards glance and discreet chuckles when people mention threesomes and moresomes around us and don't have a clue

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

I don't think.its quite the shock horror it used to be.

By *rsandBooMan  over a year ago

Reading

Have to agree on this. We like the secrecay and if people knew what we liked I'm sure we would be pestered about it in some form.

The secrecy and shame is down to us as individuals.

Who is meant to speak up and say: “I’m a swinger, and I’m not ashamed to admit this”

The issue of shame , secrecy and acceptance is everyone’s responsibility. That’s if you’re bothered by it.

"The secrecy and shame is down to us as individuals.

Who is meant to speak up and say: “I’m a swinger, and I’m not ashamed to admit this”

The issue of shame , secrecy and acceptance is everyone’s responsibility. That’s if you’re bothered by it.

"

Secrecy doesn't = shame

No.

"No I quite like that it's our dirty little secret and I think you'd get more people doing it for the wrong reasons.

Agree with this. Don't want anyone and everyone knowing our business. Our friends don't know every time we have sex as a married couple, why on earth should they know if we've had someone else round to enjoy it with us. We like the little sidewards glance and discreet chuckles when people mention threesomes and moresomes around us and don't have a clue "

Hehe me too

No…. I like being in a secret club

By *aveing funCouple  over a year ago

staffordshire

Prefer it to be personal and private and select people that are genuine swingers

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

No I don't wish it was more socially acceptable. It's not a lifestyle to us it's just part of our sex life occasionally.

By *ickyquimCouple  over a year ago

north west

"Following on from an earlier post about Swing Shame, I was curious about whether you wish you could be more open about living this lifestyle. Over the last 50 years, attitudes towards many things that were previously reviled, such as gay relationships, trans relationships, have thankfully become less and less stigmatised. How much more acceptable would swinging have to become before you would be prepared to be completely open about it with friends and family? "

I’m in 2 minds. Yes, of it was more acceptable then I might not be judged and a slag or an easy lay by male friends and friends of hubby who know. But at the same time I like to keep my kinks private from puritans and idiots.

don't give a toss if it is or not, its our secret and I love it and my wife does it for me and states she enjoys it for me and I'm happy with that but i'd prefer it to be a once a week thing where as she only agrees a few times a month

By *harisajidanWoman  over a year ago

london

"Following on from an earlier post about Swing Shame, I was curious about whether you wish you could be more open about living this lifestyle. Over the last 50 years, attitudes towards many things that were previously reviled, such as gay relationships, trans relationships, have thankfully become less and less stigmatised. How much more acceptable would swinging have to become before you would be prepared to be completely open about it with friends and family? "

As a millenial— it is socially acceptable lol— to us and Gen Z.

And my supervisor and coworkers know— and would give a rats ass if my family knew. All my friends know. Guess I’m blessed in that sense!

Who wants to live in closets? So Passé!

By *itzi999Woman  over a year ago

Slough

I’m out, loud and proud about it! It’s not a secret for me.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

No.

I wish that sex was a persons own business and not owned by society.

Swinging should not be more acceptable. It should not exist!

It's just sex between consenting adults.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Following on from an earlier post about Swing Shame, I was curious about whether you wish you could be more open about living this lifestyle. Over the last 50 years, attitudes towards many things that were previously reviled, such as gay relationships, trans relationships, have thankfully become less and less stigmatised. How much more acceptable would swinging have to become before you would be prepared to be completely open about it with friends and family?

And my supervisor and coworkers know— and would give a rats ass if my family knew. All my friends know. Guess I’m blessed in that sense!

Who wants to live in closets? So Passé! "

Yep. So why hide your face ?

"No.

I wish that sex was a persons own business and not owned by society.

Swinging should not be more acceptable. It should not exist!

It's just sex between consenting adults. "

I like that statement Grammar.

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

People don't care anymore

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Following on from an earlier post about Swing Shame, I was curious about whether you wish you could be more open about living this lifestyle. Over the last 50 years, attitudes towards many things that were previously reviled, such as gay relationships, trans relationships, have thankfully become less and less stigmatised. How much more acceptable would swinging have to become before you would be prepared to be completely open about it with friends and family?

Who wants to live in closets? So Passé! "

I'm not in a closet I'm just going about my business. Swinging doesn't define me, I don't think of it as a protected characteristic of something that anyone else needs to know about.

By *antasy Explorers 1313Couple  over a year ago

A place where others reside (nr Oxford)

Agree with this. Don't want anyone and everyone knowing our business. Our friends don't know every time we have sex as a married couple, why on earth should they know if we've had someone else round to enjoy it with us. We like the little sidewards glance and discreet chuckles when people mention threesomes and moresomes around us and don't have a clue

Hehe me too "

It's more fun that way, isn't it?

Plus, we can educate and promote open minds and an accepting society as much as we like but there will always be a proportion of society who thinks Deb is a 'slut' for having extra marital sex or men thinking she's an easy target!

No I prefer it a more hidden unique way

» Add a new message to this topic