FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Lewis Hamilton

Lewis Hamilton

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

100 grand prix victories. What a driver.

Another great British sportsman that never gets the recognition he deserves. Just like Lennox Lewis.

While lesser talented ones like Bruno and Hill get the adulation.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"100 grand prix victories. What a driver.

Another great British sportsman that never gets the recognition he deserves. Just like Lennox Lewis.

While lesser talented ones like Bruno and Hill get the adulation."

Absolute legend

But got to give a shout out to Lando too

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Absolute legend

But got to give a shout out to Lando too "

Poor Lando .

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton

By *eeBee67Man  over a year ago

Masked and Distant

He might get more respect if he didn't cone across as so arrogant, and wasn't a such as a clothes horse and designer label merchant.

I respect his talent, and enjoy it when he wins, but root more for the other Brits, especially George Russell.

Let's see what happens when Lewis has to compete against Russell. Or will he retire if he wins 8 titles?

"He might get more respect if he didn't cone across as so arrogant, and wasn't a such as a clothes horse and designer label merchant.

I respect his talent, and enjoy it when he wins, but root more for the other Brits, especially George Russell.

Let's see what happens when Lewis has to compete against Russell. Or will he retire if he wins 8 titles?"

Yup, comes across as a toss piece.

By *ollybirdWoman  over a year ago

east Cork

"He might get more respect if he didn't cone across as so arrogant, and wasn't a such as a clothes horse and designer label merchant.

Let's see what happens when Lewis has to compete against Russell. Or will he retire if he wins 8 titles?"

This!

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

Bloody ace race. Gutted for Norris but it was inevitable in the last few laps.

Absolute legend

But got to give a shout out to Lando too

Poor Lando ."

I know right, thought he could do it, and I was willing in his first win, but that bloody wet stuff

GR is just as arrogant, in fact a complete bellend, just not a clothes horse, as you put it

"Bloody ace race. Gutted for Norris but it was inevitable in the last few laps. "

It was and sadly the wet stuff took toll

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

"Bloody ace race. Gutted for Norris but it was inevitable in the last few laps.

It was and sadly the wet stuff took toll "

Great racing though

By *asilyled1Man  over a year ago

ogmore valley

I’m not a big fan of Hamilton but the one thing he is is an absolute amazing driver.yes the car is quick but he drives it nearly perfectly every time. He’s no kimi tho!

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I agree! His arrogance is deplorable …. On far too higher pedestal for his own good

"Bloody ace race. Gutted for Norris but it was inevitable in the last few laps.

It was and sadly the wet stuff took toll

Great racing though "

Phenomenal x this season has been the best in a few years imo drive to survive should be interesting xx

By *topthepressMan  over a year ago

MANCHESTER

Hamilton great driver yes but also a hypocrite talks of environmental issues but is sponsored by pretonas and fly's by private jet he talks on race issues but is an MBE and been Knighted

By *acksparrow99Man  over a year ago

Canary Wharf, London

Fantastic driver. Not the brightest spark away from the steering wheel. Trying to cancel trademark owned by a watch company founded in 1892 because they are called Hamilton is one of the things that make him look a little less grand. Alleged tax dodging is another that comes to mind.

A great achievement but done in an era of 20+ races a season compared to around 10 in 50s/60s.

I don’t find him arrogant, he’s the best driver in F1 and knows it. Just like Ronaldo in football.

By *arleyfatboy2019Couple  over a year ago

Devon

If he was a lollipop he’d lick himself

By *zlakMan  over a year ago

Lowestoft

Gutted for Lando today but like him o hate him Lewis is one of the best F1 drivers ever.

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

Let's see what happens when Lewis has to compete against Russell. Or will he retire if he wins 8 titles?

I agree! His arrogance is deplorable …. On far too higher pedestal for his own good"

It's like he changed personality completely from when he first started out, I used to be proud to support him, now I am embarrassed by some of his behaviours.

For me Jenson was the exact opposite, I couldnt stand him for the first 5 years.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Lennox Lewis is one of the Goats in my opinion.

Just like Usyk.

Lewis Hamilton has polarised himself of late only because he used his platform. I prefer the older driver who flew by the seat of their pants. But there is no denying he has pulled off something special with his achievement.

Why don't you think he gets the recognition he deserves? What does he deserve?

By *eaAndBiscuit1989Man  over a year ago

Burnley

His personality was quite down to earth at McLaren, in recent years he has become quite the knob.

Respect that he is the best driver of his time and he has achieved a feat that no one else ever has.

Would I say he is the best of all time.....no. Comparing drivers of different eras is hard as they hace different technologies etc.

By *Mr MercuryMan  over a year ago

Wirral

People forget how much of an arsehole the likes of Senna, Schumacher, Prost etc all were back in the day.

It's a championship, about racing drivers pushing their cars to the absolute limit. Who gives a fuck if out the car, the drivers a bit of an arse? If that's the sort of thing you're interested in, go watch The Kardashians!

When Lewis finally retires, people will look back and think wow, we were lucky to see someone as gifted as him compete so dominantly. And to do it flying out National Flag. Truly a time for British people to be so proud.

At the time, Schumacher was loathed. But now he's seen as a god. The same will happen here

By *tephanjMan  over a year ago

Kettering

Such a shame Lando didn't win

Yup, comes across as a toss piece. "

I have met him three times through his promo duties and can confirm the accuracy of your statements. I am not a fan of the sport but I had colleagues who are and that saying about meeting your heroes was never more true. The first year I thought Lewis was unlucky not to receive a BJ and rimming from very straight grown men. The next year he clearly had the hump. The third year diagnosed with needing his head to be extracted from his arse by several medically unqualified F1 fans.

Best drive of the day was max verstappen from last to second.

By *alentedOneMan  over a year ago

Birmingham/London

95% of millionaires are arrogant arseholes. And given the racism and all the other things he's endured being the only black man in F1 I'm surprised he's not more of a c**t.

Let the facts speak for themselves and do it like they do the NFL records...

Lewis Hamilton best ever in the "Modern" F1 era

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

[Removed by poster at 27/09/21 03:09:33]

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton "

I'm still gonna nick his Mercedes when I come down to see you

By *imbobaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Not an F1 fan but understand that in some areas of life, sport being one, a big ego and self confidence is needed to win consistently. Doesn’t mean I like them as people but hey.

Why don't you think he gets the recognition he deserves? What does he deserve?"

Read the replies to the thread. The public recognition as quite possibly the greatest F1 driver in F1 history. Definitely British history.

By *etsplay7Man  over a year ago

wirral

Fantastic driver but also a bit of a cock

Masked and Distant

"Fantastic driver but also a bit of a cock "

Perfect description

"Fantastic driver but also a bit of a cock "

What you meant was very quietly " fantastic driver"

Then "BUT HE'S A FUCKING CUNT"

By *imbobaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Fantastic driver but also a bit of a cock

What you meant was very quietly " fantastic driver"

Then "BUT HE'S A FUCKING CUNT""

As per my comment. He needs the boosted ego to do what he does. Like all the cunty footballer players etc. Goes with the job description.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

He WOULD get much more respect from the British people if his skin was a paler colour...

Masked and Distant

He WOULD get much more respect from the British people if his skin was a paler colour..."

Nothing to do with his skin colour for me. It's his attitude that prevents me from liking him now. I still respect his skill as a driver.

I like him.

I also like that he makes certain people uncomfortable with some of the things he says.

By *AYENCouple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

Lewis Hamilton = absolute legend.

He's always quick to thank his team and those that have turned out to watch the race.

He's maintains his composure and dignity whilst those that watch and judge him from a distance, lose theirs.

As a republican I hate our national anthem, but it's always a joy to hear it with Lewis standing in front of the British flag.

K

By *r.MorningstarMan  over a year ago

Melton Mowbray

I'm not a Hamilton fan at all he's a huge hypocrit in my eyes and will only do what he thinks makes him look good.

However I cannot deny that he is currently one of the best drivers in the world, I'll be interested to see just how well Russel does against him next year, I think he will have a rival there!

Poor lando though! He deserved that race, one bad call and it was all over for his first ever F1 win

He WOULD get much more respect from the British people if his skin was a paler colour..."

I don't think its the skin colour, maybe for some. Its just most British people don't like someone who doesn't tug their forelocks.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

He WOULD get much more respect from the British people if his skin was a paler colour...

I don't think its the skin colour, maybe for some. Its just most British people don't like someone who doesn't tug their forelocks. "

I think there's some truth in that. We're not big on confident people.

I like him.

Scunthorpe

Nothing to do with his skin colour for me. It's his attitude that prevents me from liking him now. I still respect his skill as a driver."

I've never seen the attitude that people go on about, I think he very much wears his heart on his sleeve and says exactly what he feels. He is always the first to thank/praise his team, and to take the blame for his own mistake.

I've always found that his rivals (Max and Vettle previously) have always been the whiney ones but it's Lewis that gets called for it.

He gets criticised for living in Monaco, but nobody criticised Coultard or Button for doing the same... or any other famous brit for their similar money saving tactics.

By *m3232Man  over a year ago

maidenhead

He is the best but would he have won 100 without the total domination of merc the answer would be no.

Scunthorpe

He is the best but would he have won 100 without the total domination of merc the answer would be no. "

Then again, no grand prix winner would have won any of the races that they did if they had been in a different car that day.

It's also worth remembering that in every team there are two drivers driving identical cars, if it was all about the car then it would always be a 1-2 followed by 2 of each... but that's not how it happens.

Personally, I think that Hamilton has several equals on the grid, but he is certainly one of the best there has ever been, and indisputably the most successful of all time.

Cal

I'm not an F1 fan tbh but obviously he's a great driver.

He dated "schamazing" Nicole for 5 years though must be a bona fide twat.

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

I don't think its the skin colour, maybe for some. Its just most British people don't like someone who doesn't tug their forelocks. "

I used to love him for years, but now I'm quite disappointed in him, in that time I'm pretty sure his skin colour hasn't changed.

I do rate him as one of the all time 5 greats, maybe even top 3 or even the best.

I do have mixed views on his character, I like that's he's professional, humble, hard working, honest, and has done a handful of things to try and help the community and support admirable causes. But that is at odds with his playboy, poser, jet setter lifestyle, music and fashion wannabe, tax evasion, religion, some questionable endorsements, etc. He seems to preach and sometimes do the right things, as long as it doesn't conflict with being a super celeb.

But he's definitely a great driver and champion. Not a bad guy per say, but I preferred the younger Lewis.

Others raise valid points that other driver have said it done questionable things on or off track too. It's not unique to him. Xx

By *dd_soxMan  over a year ago

Suffolk

I think you have to accept that with 100 F1 wins - he is the greatest driver of all time. There is no current driver anywhere close in terms wins with a chance to emulate him. Seb has no chance to make up the difference.

If he wins an 8th title - it's game over for all future records. And probably all F1 interest.

But this might be Max's year - if only he can curb his 'get out of my way' attitude. He is skilful and fast enough to play the percentages (Imola was his if he had waited until after that chicane)

"I think you have to accept that with 100 F1 wins - he is the greatest driver of all time. There is no current driver anywhere close in terms wins with a chance to emulate him. Seb has no chance to make up the difference.

If he wins an 8th title - it's game over for all future records. And probably all F1 interest.

But this might be Max's year - if only he can curb his 'get out of my way' attitude. He is skilful and fast enough to play the percentages (Imola was his if he had waited until after that chicane)"

Max can threaten Lewis's records. He's only 23, already has 7 seasons of experience, and is probably the fastest current driver and has become very consistent in the past 2-3 seasons. If he has a competitive car then he has 13 years to catch Lewis up before he's the same age, and already has more than 10 wins. Xx

Although thinking on it Norris, Charles, and Russell are also about the same age. So if any one of them or Max ends up with a dominant car then Lewis's records could get broken by anyone of them. However if Ferrari, McLaren, Merc, and RB are all competitive then it'll make the record's harder to break as they'll all be sharing wins and titles xx

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Not sure that's especially true.. just because Frank does Xmas pantos and lives in the UK and appears in the sun more. Lennox has pretty much disappeared and lives in miami....and doesn't play widow twanky and doesn't do panel comedy shows. Doesn't have as may column inches in the great British media. Why would he? He's a retired great.

How in hell can you race in Formula one without a bit of pazazz!

Boring Joe hasn't done 200mph yet!!

I may have my speeds wrong as I'm no driver!

I may also have my spelling wrong about pazazz?

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"Although thinking on it Norris, Charles, and Russell are also about the same age. So if any one of them or Max ends up with a dominant car then Lewis's records could get broken by anyone of them. However if Ferrari, McLaren, Merc, and RB are all competitive then it'll make the record's harder to break as they'll all be sharing wins and titles xx"

I was about to comment on your previous errr comment. I don't think Max will be able to dominate like Lewis has. As you rightly say, Norris, Russell, Leclerc are all extremely talented racers & the 2022 rule changes should hopefully help too.

It's going to be an exciting few years i think (hope!).

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

I've never understood the fascination with motor racing, let alone the need for the spectating public to feel vicariously proud of any sports personality on behalf of the country/flag.

Not having a telly greatly assists my lack of interest.

I wouldn't know Hamilton, or the tennis girl, if I met them in the jacuzzi!

"I've never understood the fascination with motor racing, let alone the need for the spectating public to feel vicariously proud of any sports personality on behalf of the country/flag.

Not having a telly greatly assists my lack of interest.

I wouldn't know Hamilton, or the tennis girl, if I met them in the jacuzzi!"

I never understand peoples need,to contribute to a thread about a subject, that they don't have any interest or knowledge off.

I've never been much of a fan of F1 really but the documentaries on Netflix are excellent - sucked us right into it.

Also taught me that Geri Halliwell married a right twat.

"I've never been much of a fan of F1 really but the documentaries on Netflix are excellent - sucked us right into it.

Also taught me that Geri Halliwell married a right twat."

lol xx

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I've never been much of a fan of F1 really but the documentaries on Netflix are excellent - sucked us right into it.

Also taught me that Geri Halliwell married a right twat."

Bexley

"

I never understand peoples need,to contribute to a thread about a subject, that they don't have any interest or knowledge off.

"

Why not?

It gets a bit one-sided otherwise!

Lack of interest in subject doesn't always imply a lack of knowledge about it.

However, the more I know about Lewis Hamilton, the less I am interested in him!

"

"

Mostly it does.

Scunthorpe

"

============

Why not?

It gets a bit one-sided otherwise!

However, the more I know about Lewis Hamilton, the less I am interested in him!"

To be fair, your comment brought nothing to the discussion in the slightest, more suggesting that people shouldn't be having the discussion in the first place...

Cal

By *licecdTV/TS  over a year ago

Hatfield

An obnoxious turd and a lying turd at that. The lies about he was brought nip in a slum area in Stevenage is 100% lies he was brought up in a five bedroom two garages house just outside Stevenage in an area called Walkern most properties there are 1/3 million .Once he started getting noticed in go kart racing and got sponsors he shit on his father who had funded him from day one . Within the racing car world very few of the other drivers actually like him and do not socially have anything to do with him. He is a major hypocrite as he goes in about racial hatred to him so driving for a company that helped the nazis murder millions is ok wearing clothes made by Boss a German company who supplied clothes to the nazis is ok talk about two faced . Then the taking the knee crap supporting a women beating drug taking thieving serial criminal is ok then . Hamilton is not a nice person

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Fair play to him for wearing a rainbow helmet in Qatar. Using his profile to tell some uncomfortable truths about how the LGBTQ community is treated in the Middle East.

The Qatar social media world this morning is well and truly ruffled.

"Fair play to him for wearing a rainbow helmet in Qatar. Using his profile to tell some uncomfortable truths about how the LGBTQ community is treated in the Middle East.

The Qatar social media world this morning is well and truly ruffled. "

That wont help the rumours

Scunthorpe

"Fair play to him for wearing a rainbow helmet in Qatar. Using his profile to tell some uncomfortable truths about how the LGBTQ community is treated in the Middle East.

That wont help the rumours "

Why should his sexuallity even be a question?

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

Bruno and Hill had massive fan bases that were, perhaps, not proportional to their overal talent, that’s why.

Maybe they had personalities that were just more likeable, who knows?

That wont help the rumours

Why should his sexuallity even be a question? "

Calm down. It's a joke

I couldnt care less if liked to put his dick in a packet of ham

Hes still bit of a prick.

You cannot really compare them like that imo. Different cars, different tech ect ect.

That's like trying to compare Fangio to Senna or Prost.

Each have been great for their time

Until I see Hamilton drive and perform well in other formulas that require different skill sets. Like Alonso has with Indy and Endurance. I dont personally think you can say he is the best overall driver

You have people in F1 that have payed there way in while better drivers move to GT3/DTM racing just to get a drive.

By *ittleRed18Woman  over a year ago

Aberdeen

The Qatar social media world this morning is well and truly ruffled. "

Surely he'll get in trouble for it like Seb did? Pretty clear they aren't allowed to make political statements when racing.

Also agree with most here Lewis is a grade A wanker who needs to be accountable for his own actions and not blame everyone else.

Also how adorable are wee Georgie and Lando

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

I am not sure if Hamilton is the best ever but you can't deny how good he is but these days with the tech available where alot of the previous skills necessary to be a top driver are taken away I think consistency is key delivery the same performance every time.

Of course he's going to be a big head it's all part of being the best arrogance and self belief.

By *uminsiderMKMan  over a year ago

St Austell

"Surely he'll get in trouble for it like Seb did? Pretty clear they aren't allowed to make political statements when racing.

Also agree with most here Lewis is a grade A wanker who needs to be accountable for his own actions and not blame everyone else."

He's continually got away with wearing BLM and similar T-shirts for the pre-race 'gesture', when the other drivers have all worn the F1-supplied 'We Race As One' ones - but then he'd scream 'racism' if the FIA dared try to any action against him for it...

....saw the interview about his helmet during the pre-quali show - clearly just another publicity-grabbing "aren't I wonderful" stunt on his part...

I'm another who started off liking him, but now loathe him...

Good driver...shame he is abit of a bell end and a tax Dodger

"

Another great British sportsman that never gets the recognition he deserves. Just like Lennox Lewis."

If there is a British sportsman that never gets recognised, for motorsport atleast is Jonathan Rea

"Surely he'll get in trouble for it like Seb did? Pretty clear they aren't allowed to make political statements when racing.

Also agree with most here Lewis is a grade A wanker who needs to be accountable for his own actions and not blame everyone else.

He's continually got away with wearing BLM and similar T-shirts for the pre-race 'gesture', when the other drivers have all worn the F1-supplied 'We Race As One' ones - but then he'd scream 'racism' if the FIA dared try to any action against him for it...

....saw the interview about his helmet during the pre-quali show - clearly just another publicity-grabbing "aren't I wonderful" stunt on his part...

I'm another who started off liking him, but now loathe him..."

A friend was told by Silverstone staff that Lewis is an arrogant that, he treats others as unimportant and trivial.

From seeing a young Lewis in the blue Peter garden controlling a scale buggy many years ago its obvious this guy has not grown emotionally and his interviews post race in the formula 1 shows his character flaws, yes he's whiney self absorbed and trivialised everything. He has skill but the major advantage he has is the Mercedes team and f1 using him to promote the support. It's Lewis that is the modern day black sl@ve but his self absorption and immature emotions blind him to this.

He kicks off when others disagree but can never objectively argue? Because of immaturity.

Even Schumacher's family member (forgot his name) offered a racing helmet on behalf of Lewis's achievement and the tension between them was absolutely vivid. Lewis cannot grasp humility.

Probably the cause of nearly killing Verstappen at Silverstone.

How Lewis was not seriously reprimanded for that incident when other drivers including former champions layed the fault at his feet shows contempt from hamilton, Mercedes and F1 in general.

As for Lewis again whinging over a minor incident when him and verstappen came together with verstappen hitting his halo protection system proves Hamiltons immaturity and failings of judgement.

He's a twat.

Scunthorpe

I find it really bizarre how different people view celebrities.

I personally have always see L-H as honest, gracious, and genuinely grateful. Certainly he seems to possess less of the "negative traits" listed on this thread than many others (such as Max) display. He is Certainly the first point out that all his achievements are only possible because of how good his team is. He often comments on how well his competitors and team mates have driven and is complimentary about how much better the sport is due to the closer racing that we are currently seeing.

He was also very vocal about the debacle that saw the Belgian race scrapped with zero racing... and how unfair it was that the fans were not being refunded (due to the laps behind the safety car).

It makes loads of sense that he should speak out against racism, it would be weird if he didn't... and to extend that line to cover all discrimination seems a sensible thing to do too.

By *uminsiderMKMan  over a year ago

St Austell

A few days before the British Grand Prix - held after Covid restrictions had been lifted - Hamilton pleaded (begged, as some reports put it) with fans to make "a small sacrifice and wear a mask"...

....I thought it highly amusing when the cameras swept across the Silverstone grandstands during both quali and the race itself, and showed that virtually no-one was wearing one - that's how much influence he actually has on the great British public...

Everyone has a point about Lewis, they see what they wish.

Unfortunately close racing has not occurred this season yet again as per reasons for the future rule changes to rein back the absurd advantages the top teams have. The big problem with Lewis's behaviour is when he tries to disagree with racers such as jackey Stewart and Niki lauda, its quite obvious he fails to grasp the intent and instead responds quite rudely, once more emphasising his immaturity.

As for this BLM campaign of his, when he has been openly quizzed for his reasons his answers were very opaque and damned uncomplicated as though he had no grasp again of the complexity of the issue!

He even chose to chastise fellow racers for not taking the knee even though ALL racing drivers were actually showing their respect for others!

This is yet another example showing Lewis's immaturity and his belief that the sport revolves around himself.

On social media Lewis has not shown either an understanding or on track support verbally for the outrageous treatment of black Americans who actually started this public realisation of racial crimes and injustices.

Lewis only ever wants to claim attention for himself, unfortunate but true.

By *akie32Man  over a year ago

winchester

makes me laugh all these people slagging him off, i know him, worked with him and his brother, i bet most of you havent even been to a race, of course he comes across as a prick, thats part of the job, to polorise opinions, nobody can deny he is a very gifted driver, possably the best we have ever seen, and yes he dresses like a idiot, but its his brand hes promotine, well he has to look to the future. as to norris, i also worked with him, hes good, also worked with lando, who in the junior formulas at least shone more, i wish them both the best, and we will see where things go.

Back to lewis tho, behind the scenes he is a very genuine nice guy, but ive never met a driver on a race weekend whos nice, its against the job discription, but get to know someone and its very different.

its very esy to critisize someone from your armchair, these guys are under huge pressure from all sides, the people you see arent the real people, cant people just respect his acheivments and let him get on with it, as to will he retire at the end of the year, im not sure, maybe in the off season he will decide to, but i know he relishes racing with norris, and norris is smart enough to hopefully learn from lewis, the fight is still there, but maybe he will retire, nobody but him know that, but i personaly think he wants to atleast see what the next years reg changes bring, and him and norris would be n qwsome team, hope we see it

"A few days before the British Grand Prix - held after Covid restrictions had been lifted - Hamilton pleaded (begged, as some reports put it) with fans to make "a small sacrifice and wear a mask"...

....I thought it highly amusing when the cameras swept across the Silverstone grandstands during both quali and the race itself, and showed that virtually no-one was wearing one - that's how much influence he actually has on the great British public... "

Lol yeh he's so self absorbed.

winchester

A friend was told by Silverstone staff that Lewis is an arrogant that, he treats others as unimportant and trivial.

From seeing a young Lewis in the blue Peter garden controlling a scale buggy many years ago its obvious this guy has not grown emotionally and his interviews post race in the formula 1 shows his character flaws, yes he's whiney self absorbed and trivialised everything. He has skill but the major advantage he has is the Mercedes team and f1 using him to promote the support. It's Lewis that is the modern day black sl@ve but his self absorption and immature emotions blind him to this.

He kicks off when others disagree but can never objectively argue? Because of immaturity.

Even Schumacher's family member (forgot his name) offered a racing helmet on behalf of Lewis's achievement and the tension between them was absolutely vivid. Lewis cannot grasp humility.

How Lewis was not seriously reprimanded for that incident when other drivers including former champions layed the fault at his feet shows contempt from hamilton, Mercedes and F1 in general.

As for Lewis again whinging over a minor incident when him and verstappen came together with verstappen hitting his halo protection system proves Hamiltons immaturity and failings of judgement.

He's a twat."

just wow, never seen a thread with so many wrong things and knee jeark reactions, just wow

"makes me laugh all these people slagging him off, i know him, worked with him and his brother, i bet most of you havent even been to a race, of course he comes across as a prick, thats part of the job, to polorise opinions, nobody can deny he is a very gifted driver, possably the best we have ever seen, and yes he dresses like a idiot, but its his brand hes promotine, well he has to look to the future. as to norris, i also worked with him, hes good, also worked with lando, who in the junior formulas at least shone more, i wish them both the best, and we will see where things go.

Back to lewis tho, behind the scenes he is a very genuine nice guy, but ive never met a driver on a race weekend whos nice, its against the job discription, but get to know someone and its very different.

its very esy to critisize someone from your armchair, these guys are under huge pressure from all sides, the people you see arent the real people, cant people just respect his acheivments and let him get on with it, as to will he retire at the end of the year, im not sure, maybe in the off season he will decide to, but i know he relishes racing with norris, and norris is smart enough to hopefully learn from lewis, the fight is still there, but maybe he will retire, nobody but him know that, but i personaly think he wants to atleast see what the next years reg changes bring, and him and norris would be n qwsome team, hope we see it"

Hubby used to work in F1, he has never met Lewis but agrees with you as a whole, he is a Lewis fan and is glad he helped develop the engines in 2012 before he moved back to Wales.

By *eventysixCouple  over a year ago

glossop

He's a twat.

just wow, never seen a thread with so many wrong things and knee jeark reactions, just wow"

there will always be keyboard warriors who really have no idea about racing or the greatest racing driver statistically and of his era

winchester

"makes me laugh all these people slagging him off, i know him, worked with him and his brother, i bet most of you havent even been to a race, of course he comes across as a prick, thats part of the job, to polorise opinions, nobody can deny he is a very gifted driver, possably the best we have ever seen, and yes he dresses like a idiot, but its his brand hes promotine, well he has to look to the future. as to norris, i also worked with him, hes good, also worked with lando, who in the junior formulas at least shone more, i wish them both the best, and we will see where things go.

its very esy to critisize someone from your armchair, these guys are under huge pressure from all sides, the people you see arent the real people, cant people just respect his acheivments and let him get on with it, as to will he retire at the end of the year, im not sure, maybe in the off season he will decide to, but i know he relishes racing with norris, and norris is smart enough to hopefully learn from lewis, the fight is still there, but maybe he will retire, nobody but him know that, but i personaly think he wants to atleast see what the next years reg changes bring, and him and norris would be n qwsome team, hope we see it

Hubby used to work in F1, he has never met Lewis but agrees with you as a whole, he is a Lewis fan and is glad he helped develop the engines in 2012 before he moved back to Wales. "

i have dabbled in f1 but prefere sportscars, cant beet leman for a rush.

But have done and still do lots of other stuff in the lower formulas as well, but mainly sports cars

its very esy to critisize someone from your armchair, these guys are under huge pressure from all sides, the people you see arent the real people, cant people just respect his acheivments and let him get on with it, as to will he retire at the end of the year, im not sure, maybe in the off season he will decide to, but i know he relishes racing with norris, and norris is smart enough to hopefully learn from lewis, the fight is still there, but maybe he will retire, nobody but him know that, but i personaly think he wants to atleast see what the next years reg changes bring, and him and norris would be n qwsome team, hope we see it"

The staff at Silverstone thought he was rude and arrogant to members of staff.

Mercedes sabotaged noris chance of a win in Lewis's car.

We have his public image, so the assessment has been based on this and any interviews and media.

Who really knows his private life away from the track??

To be honest Hitler was always thought of as charming and caring off the campaign speeches and in non propaganda meetings. Lol sorry to make an unusual comparison but anyone with as much drive ambition and success on screen ,so to speak, will inevitably be quite different in other surroundings. It's why they use media!!

winchester

We have his public image, so the assessment has been based on this and any interviews and media.

To be honest Hitler was always thought of as charming and caring off the campaign speeches and in non propaganda meetings. Lol sorry to make an unusual comparison but anyone with as much drive ambition and success on screen ,so to speak, will inevitably be quite different in other surroundings. It's why they use media!!"

as to his private life, yes ive seen it and been a small part of it, so i think i know the guy a little, so i will make my own judgment.

do you hate an actor because you dont like the last role played? its not the real person. F1 is the same

To be honest Hitler was always thought of as charming and caring off the campaign speeches and in non propaganda meetings. Lol sorry to make an unusual comparison but anyone with as much drive ambition and success on screen ,so to speak, will inevitably be quite different in other surroundings. It's why they use media!!"

Just noticed where you're from, Hubby lived there for a few years before moving back to Wales

To be honest Hitler was always thought of as charming and caring off the campaign speeches and in non propaganda meetings. Lol sorry to make an unusual comparison but anyone with as much drive ambition and success on screen ,so to speak, will inevitably be quite different in other surroundings. It's why they use media!!

as to his private life, yes ive seen it and been a small part of it, so i think i know the guy a little, so i will make my own judgment.

do you hate an actor because you dont like the last role played? its not the real person. F1 is the same"

No I look at the persona his image and see how truthfully that relates to his actions. Man or misguided to put it lightly. As for what actors? This is not the line of opinion I was making.

winchester

do you hate an actor because you dont like the last role played? its not the real person. F1 is the same

No I look at the persona his image and see how truthfully that relates to his actions. Man or misguided to put it lightly. As for what actors? This is not the line of opinion I was making."

ok we will have to agree to dissagree, ive met the guy been to his house,s in various counties, worked with him, and later his brother, worked in motorracing at the front line for 30 years plus, so will make my mind up, if you think that then carry on, you think what you think of the word of others, i will make my mind up from personal experiance.

By *kmale201633Man  over a year ago

Southampton

Urgh If only he was polite and finished 2nd all the time. How can he expected to be liked when having a streak of confidence & a winning edge? Disgusting. Give me Tim Henman anyday. Go Tim! You'll win one day...

No I look at the persona his image and see how truthfully that relates to his actions. Man or misguided to put it lightly. As for what actors? This is not the line of opinion I was making.

ok we will have to agree to dissagree, ive met the guy been to his house,s in various counties, worked with him, and later his brother, worked in motorracing at the front line for 30 years plus, so will make my mind up, if you think that then carry on, you think what you think of the word of others, i will make my mind up from personal experiance."

No qualms there.

winchester

"Urgh If only he was polite and finished 2nd all the time. How can he expected to be liked when having a streak of confidence & a winning edge? Disgusting. Give me Tim Henman anyday. Go Tim! You'll win one day..."

i know lewis sucks how dare he win things, and hes black as well, how dare he

"Urgh If only he was polite and finished 2nd all the time. How can he expected to be liked when having a streak of confidence & a winning edge? Disgusting. Give me Tim Henman anyday. Go Tim! You'll win one day..."

Yeh have to say this is most people's broad opinion when it's brought up.

Regards to f1, redbull have virtually pointed a finger at Mercedes over their cars rear wing, not exactly sure of the ins and outs but does at least sound like something interesting in f1 for a change, chuckle.

winchester

ok we will have to agree to dissagree, ive met the guy been to his house,s in various counties, worked with him, and later his brother, worked in motorracing at the front line for 30 years plus, so will make my mind up, if you think that then carry on, you think what you think of the word of others, i will make my mind up from personal experiance.

No qualms there."

thats fine, everyone is intitled to thier opinion even if its not even thier opinion, just hersay

winchester

"Urgh If only he was polite and finished 2nd all the time. How can he expected to be liked when having a streak of confidence & a winning edge? Disgusting. Give me Tim Henman anyday. Go Tim! You'll win one day...

Yeh have to say this is most people's broad opinion when it's brought up.

Regards to f1, redbull have virtually pointed a finger at Mercedes over their cars rear wing, not exactly sure of the ins and outs but does at least sound like something interesting in f1 for a change, chuckle."

tbh i dont really follow f1, i watch it if im home and its on, as i said prefere sportscars, real racing, overtaking etc, but im not sure what to make of the wing thing, most of the motorsport news sites are saying that its rb that are cheating, but the investers at merc dont want to go there and muddy the name, again alittle knowlage is a dangerous thing

So.. getting back to the real world..

Yeh but they quite happily try to use it to their advantage, like toto wolf telling the media that verstappen nearly killed Lewis....without mentioning Lewis verstappen high speed incident at Silverstone this year...

I don't bother with f1 drama queen's.

Bikes or touring cars deserve the limelight tbh.

winchester

"Yeh but they quite happily try to use it to their advantage, like toto wolf telling the media that verstappen nearly killed Lewis....without mentioning Lewis verstappen high speed incident at Silverstone this year...

Bikes or touring cars deserve the limelight tbh."

worked it touring cars for a bit, remember being in a team managers breafing at the start of the season, and the organiser, wont mention names, told us all, dont forget its not racing, its showbizz.

and thats what i found thro the year, so i left. expensive banger racing, very expensive

winchester

"Yeh but they quite happily try to use it to their advantage, like toto wolf telling the media that verstappen nearly killed Lewis....without mentioning Lewis verstappen high speed incident at Silverstone this year...

Bikes or touring cars deserve the limelight tbh.

worked it touring cars for a bit, remember being in a team managers breafing at the start of the season, and the organiser, wont mention names, told us all, dont forget its not racing, its showbizz.

and thats what i found thro the year, so i left. expensive banger racing, very expensive"

oh and while the racing isnt fixed as such, well lets say the people who do well are because the series wants them to, its all about bums on seats, so despite knowing a few of the teams and i think 12 drivers well, i dont follow it, racing should be about the quickest winning, not if your face fits. Bike racing i get, used to race in superstock years ago until i realized i was more brave than good, que along time in hospital, decided to sop then lol

By *laymateteeMan  over a year ago

bristol

"I find it really bizarre how different people view celebrities.

I personally have always see L-H as honest, gracious, and genuinely grateful. Certainly he seems to possess less of the "negative traits" listed on this thread than many others (such as Max) display. He is Certainly the first point out that all his achievements are only possible because of how good his team is. He often comments on how well his competitors and team mates have driven and is complimentary about how much better the sport is due to the closer racing that we are currently seeing.

He was also very vocal about the debacle that saw the Belgian race scrapped with zero racing... and how unfair it was that the fans were not being refunded (due to the laps behind the safety car).

It makes loads of sense that he should speak out against racism, it would be weird if he didn't... and to extend that line to cover all discrimination seems a sensible thing to do too."

The only sensible post on here. Funny how most people call him all sorts as if they know him personally.

bristol

"A few days before the British Grand Prix - held after Covid restrictions had been lifted - Hamilton pleaded (begged, as some reports put it) with fans to make "a small sacrifice and wear a mask"...

....I thought it highly amusing when the cameras swept across the Silverstone grandstands during both quali and the race itself, and showed that virtually no-one was wearing one - that's how much influence he actually has on the great British public... "

Small things amuse small minds. Someone asks people to take measures to keep themselves safe and just because that someone is a person that some people dislike they find it amusing that a bunch of selfish idiots don't want to wear masks at a public gathering.

bristol

Finally someone who has actually worked with him and has seen him for who he really is. You sir deserve a drink

winchester

By *immyinreadingMan  over a year ago

henley on thames

I don’t think people really took Lennox to their hearts because they thought of him as Canadian. Same with rusedski.

Tin town

Has anybody ever seen Lewis Hamilton and pierre emerick aubameyang in the same room at the same time?

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

currently travelling down W France

It would appear that George Russell is a better driver than Hamilton, and it would appear that Hamilton whining has shot both of them and probably Ferrari in the foot

Still, at least he didn't get lapped in Azerbaijan

By *hrough the looking gla55Couple  over a year ago

Cheam

I don't think you could be in this sport at this level and not have arrogance.. having seen and met him of the track and on he spends alot of time chatting with the fans .. what ever the view you can't take away what he has achieved or the motivation he has .. personally I'd like him to get a 8th title

Scunthorpe

"It would appear that George Russell is a better driver than Hamilton, and it would appear that Hamilton whining has shot both of them and probably Ferrari in the foot

Still, at least he didn't get lapped in Azerbaijan "

It's not really as simple as that, yes George is doing better than Lewis in the current car at the moment. On the other hand it's hard to take away the fact that Lewis has won 7 World championships (and should have been more) against great drivers in an identical car. Several of those championships against teams with better cars too.

Without a doubt, winning races is 90% car and 10% driver.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Yeah being a clothes horse and designer label merchant stoped David Beckham's popularity....

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

You would think he would pay his taxes though

Scunthorpe

You would think he would pay his taxes though"

He is still in the top 5000 uk tax payers... there are 32.2 million people paying tax in the uk and L.H. is paying more than 32.195 million of them

Absolute legend

But got to give a shout out to Lando too "

you know star wars isnt real right?

Scunthorpe

Absolute legend

But got to give a shout out to Lando too you know star wars isnt real right?"

Prove it

Absolute legend

But got to give a shout out to Lando too you know star wars isnt real right?

Prove it "

to this day iv never seen a lightsaber

Scunthorpe

Absolute legend

Prove it

to this day iv never seen a lightsaber"

You would have if you lived a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

Absolute legend

Prove it

to this day iv never seen a lightsaber

You would have if you lived a long time ago in a galaxy far far away. "

damn the fab distances thanks for helping inspire greatness tho

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I totally agree! He seems to portray an entitled persona of all things arrogant

By *asseurMan  over a year ago

shrewsbury

Hamilton may be a good driver but he's the biggest Cockwomble breathing air !!

bristol

You would think he would pay his taxes though"

This always amazes me. Lewis pays Tax on what he earns in the UK and that all he needs to do.

bristol

"Hamilton may be a good driver but he's the biggest Cockwomble breathing air !!"

Do you know him on a personal level?

bristol

"It would appear that George Russell is a better driver than Hamilton, and it would appear that Hamilton whining has shot both of them and probably Ferrari in the foot

Still, at least he didn't get lapped in Azerbaijan "

Whining about what?

Scunthorpe

Whining about what?"

I suspect that he wasn't happy about an hour and a half of 10G vertical impacts due to the constant bouncing. Many of the drivers including Hamilton have raised long-term safety concerns about it.

By *tevebackagainMan  over a year ago

near horrabridge

couldn’t agree more

By *ardiff bigboy 40Man  over a year ago

cardiff

Guys I have faith in Lewis to give us one more fight show the new guys how the old school legends done it especially max @$#£&%$ verstapen

By *9alMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

It's not really as simple as that, yes George is doing better than Lewis in the current car at the moment. On the other hand it's hard to take away the fact that Lewis has won 7 World championships (and should have been more) against great drivers in an identical car. Several of those championships against teams with better cars too.

Without a doubt, winning races is 90% car and 10% driver.

"

perhaps Lewis should have gone to Ferrari when he had the chance?

Lewis Hamilton haters are so funny.

"Lewis Hamilton haters are so funny. "

They all love Michael for being an arrogant arsehole but hate Lewis for It.

For me, Lewis shows himself to be a self aware athlete that will use his platform to talk about issues (especially race) that are affecting people’s opportunities

By *arlomaleMan  over a year ago

darlington

When ever he was on top gear always seemed a decent young man you can’t argue with his talent I think he will go down as the best ever in regards to titles as I think he’s far from finished and as for all the other nonsense about his taxes I don’t care

Tin town

"Lewis Hamilton haters are so funny.

For me, Lewis shows himself to be a self aware athlete that will use his platform to talk about issues (especially race) that are affecting people’s opportunities "

Presumably though people are permitted to like and dislike whom so ever they choose without having to explain their sentiments.?

By *eventysixCouple  over a year ago

glossop

I’ll just put this here max* verstrapon. *= title handed to him by Michael massi not the true champ

By *loorman79Man  over a year ago

leicester

as this season so far has proven , f1 is all about the car, not the driver

By *uckyNineMan  over a year ago

prescot

I’m a big Lewis fan, he’s never come across as arrogant to me but that does seem to be the main reason people say they dislike him. Can’t knock what he’s achieved though.

[Removed by poster at 18/06/22 08:53:09]

For me, Lewis shows himself to be a self aware athlete that will use his platform to talk about issues (especially race) that are affecting people’s opportunities

Presumably though people are permitted to like and dislike whom so ever they choose without having to explain their sentiments.?"

Yes. Lol ?

By *trideMan  over a year ago

Plymouth

Lewis is suffering from “old age” – he’s lost his mojo – he’s over the hill. He’s still a brilliant driver, but no longer able to take the risks that the young brilliant drivers like George and Max do. Lewis has lost the extremely rare ability to judge his car’s ultimate handling limits.

He was very lucky to be driving Mercedes cars during the exceptionally long period during which they were superior to the rest.

Put me in Lewis car and a bet a can out perform half the grid without any raving racing experience and that's a fact!

By *rispyDuckMan  over a year ago

Chinese Takeaway near you

Lewis is a Living Legend of the sport. 1 day we'll look back and acknowledge he is the greatest F1 driver and that's just a fact

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Only in the UK can someone be at the top of their game for years, show total dedication to their sport yet still be criticised and have their achievements belittled.

I thank goodness I'm mediocre at everything

Forum Mod

East Sussex

[Removed by poster at 18/06/22 09:10:34]

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Put me in Lewis car and a bet a can out perform half the grid without any raving racing experience and that's a fact! "

Genuinely? Are you experienced at driving that sort of car, on don't think we could even get in the drivers seat?

Don't normally comment on stuff like this, but it baffles me some of comments thrown at Hamilton. Not only has he been brilliant for over a decade, winning a race in every season he's in, he's also an donates one of highest amounts to charity, constantly thanks his team when winning, always seems pretty sportsman like in defeat (even after the joke of last season). Then you hear numerous other drivers swearing at and moaning about all kinds of car problems acting like spoilt brats, but they get zero stick for it. Do people just not like British serial winners??

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Don't normally comment on stuff like this, but it baffles me some of comments thrown at Hamilton. Not only has he been brilliant for over a decade, winning a race in every season he's in, he's also an donates one of highest amounts to charity, constantly thanks his team when winning, always seems pretty sportsman like in defeat (even after the joke of last season). Then you hear numerous other drivers swearing at and moaning about all kinds of car problems acting like spoilt brats, but they get zero stick for it. Do people just not like British serial winners??"

No they don't. Thank goodness we came second in Eurovision

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

"Put me in Lewis car and a bet a can out perform half the grid without any raving racing experience and that's a fact!

Genuinely? Are you experienced at driving that sort of car, on don't think we could even get in the drivers seat? "

Nonsense. They'd be in the wall on the first lap.

Tin town

"Don't normally comment on stuff like this, but it baffles me some of comments thrown at Hamilton. Not only has he been brilliant for over a decade, winning a race in every season he's in, he's also an donates one of highest amounts to charity, constantly thanks his team when winning, always seems pretty sportsman like in defeat (even after the joke of last season). Then you hear numerous other drivers swearing at and moaning about all kinds of car problems acting like spoilt brats, but they get zero stick for it. Do people just not like British serial winners??"

Build em up just so we can knock em down again. We do love a good moan about other people.

Be good...a gallant loser maybe, But just not too good

By *JB1954Man  over a year ago

Reading

My thought is this year Mercedes have a s**t car. Other teams also have problems with porpoising. Commentators have said. If Mercedes raise to the ride height ? Then a lot of porpoising will go away. Problem is then Mercedes will have a much more uncompetitive car( slower ). Will be interesting to see what the FIA ruling will be to stop drivers getting hurt due to porpoising , without other teams giving up advantage over Mercedes at the moment as they have somehow managed to partly control this effect.

By *heRazorsEdgeMan  over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

They like them perfectly fine if they’re white…

"Put me in Lewis car and a bet a can out perform half the grid without any raving racing experience and that's a fact! "

Put the average person in an F1 car and your neck would give up within 2 laps if you attempted to take a corner at the kind of G force the professional drivers are subjected to. Since the average race length is 60 laps. I think you are overestimating your ability. I do a lot of track driving in a normal car and my neck aches after a day at low g forces.

I like to play Lewis Bingo:

‘The fans here are just the best’

‘Everyone back at the factory’

‘My tyres are gone’

"Don't normally comment on stuff like this, but it baffles me some of comments thrown at Hamilton. Not only has he been brilliant for over a decade, winning a race in every season he's in, he's also an donates one of highest amounts to charity, constantly thanks his team when winning, always seems pretty sportsman like in defeat (even after the joke of last season). Then you hear numerous other drivers swearing at and moaning about all kinds of car problems acting like spoilt brats, but they get zero stick for it. Do people just not like British serial winners??

They like them perfectly fine if they’re white…"

Correcto.

"Don't normally comment on stuff like this, but it baffles me some of comments thrown at Hamilton. Not only has he been brilliant for over a decade, winning a race in every season he's in, he's also an donates one of highest amounts to charity, constantly thanks his team when winning, always seems pretty sportsman like in defeat (even after the joke of last season). Then you hear numerous other drivers swearing at and moaning about all kinds of car problems acting like spoilt brats, but they get zero stick for it. Do people just not like British serial winners??

I don't like to use that angle as there's examples both ways in most cases. With Lewis' case it does seem that way though, because the same people that love Schumacher hate Lewis for the same reasons they love Schumacher, it just makes no sense

By *licecdTV/TS  over a year ago

Hatfield

Hamilton is an arrogant lying turd he preaches how he had a hard childhood being brought in a slum area What a load of lies . He lived in Walkern a small village about 2/3 miles from Stevenage and his parents house 5 bedrooms 2 garages rough estimate for property like that in that area 2/3 million. As soon as he started getting reconigsed thanks mainly to his father spending out on decent go karts lovely Lewis dumped his father and started the I am from a slum crap , obnoxious person and very few other people within the car racing scene have any time for him

"Hamilton is an arrogant lying turd he preaches how he had a hard childhood being brought in a slum area What a load of lies . He lived in Walkern a small village about 2/3 miles from Stevenage and his parents house 5 bedrooms 2 garages rough estimate for property like that in that area 2/3 million. As soon as he started getting reconigsed thanks mainly to his father spending out on decent go karts lovely Lewis dumped his father and started the I am from a slum crap , obnoxious person and very few other people within the car racing scene have any time for him "

It’s really funny that you say that…….. I’m a race marshal and spend a lot of time working in the car racing scene as you call it, most people I have spoken to think he is a brilliant guy. Same with his brother.

It’s also strange that plenty of people from his childhood have backed up his story.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Hamilton is an arrogant lying turd he preaches how he had a hard childhood being brought in a slum area What a load of lies . He lived in Walkern a small village about 2/3 miles from Stevenage and his parents house 5 bedrooms 2 garages rough estimate for property like that in that area 2/3 million. As soon as he started getting reconigsed thanks mainly to his father spending out on decent go karts lovely Lewis dumped his father and started the I am from a slum crap , obnoxious person and very few other people within the car racing scene have any time for him

It’s really funny that you say that…….. I’m a race marshal and spend a lot of time working in the car racing scene as you call it, most people I have spoken to think he is a brilliant guy. Same with his brother.

It’s also strange that plenty of people from his childhood have backed up his story. "

I think it's always interesting to hear what people who actually know a person think.

I happen to like Lewis Hamilton's public persona, I think he's achieved a great deal. I don't know him personally though

"Hamilton is an arrogant lying turd he preaches how he had a hard childhood being brought in a slum area What a load of lies . He lived in Walkern a small village about 2/3 miles from Stevenage and his parents house 5 bedrooms 2 garages rough estimate for property like that in that area 2/3 million. As soon as he started getting reconigsed thanks mainly to his father spending out on decent go karts lovely Lewis dumped his father and started the I am from a slum crap , obnoxious person and very few other people within the car racing scene have any time for him

It’s also strange that plenty of people from his childhood have backed up his story. "

It's not really funny though, is it. Its sad when people spend time and energy being vile and disparaging about someone. There's a lot of positive things they could spend that energy on.

Tin town

It's not just that though is it? There's plenty about in football, Harry kane, Gareth bale, Steve Gerrard, Jose mourinho, in Rugby Martin Johnson, Stuart hogg, Marcus Smith, in golf, Rory mac, nick fakdo, in tennis, Andy Murray, Emma raducanu...not linked in any way with race just simply following the pattern, predominantly led by the media...

Oh they are doing well.

Oh they are doing surprisingly well.

Oh they are doing really well and they are British.

Oh they did really well.

Oh fuck they earned loads of money and perks for doing really well.

Did you know they once did something wrong when they were kids the bastards let's get em.

Rinse and repeat.

It's not just that though is it? There's plenty about in football, Harry kane, Gareth bale, Steve Gerrard, Jose mourinho, in Rugby Martin Johnson, Stuart hogg, Marcus Smith, in golf, Rory mac, nick fakdo, in tennis, Andy Murray, Emma raducanu...not linked in any way with race just simply following the pattern, predominantly led by the media...

Oh they are doing well.

Oh they did really well.

Did you know they once did something wrong when they were kids the bastards let's get em.

Rinse and repeat. "

I think it’s hard to ignore the racism that certainly impacts Lewis’s experiences though. Also some of the examples you gave aren’t British and some aren’t serial winners. But I would argue that none of them have been as dominant or successful as Lewis has in F1 over his career.

I think a part of the way Lewis is treated, especially in F1, is to do with him visibly appearing as a Black man. That’s why I think there are often unjustified labels of him being arrogant, or fake because he has a media persona etc. and as pointed out above, generally displaying things that others in the sport are loved and admired for. Vettel. Michael. Vettel is adored for his activism though he was just as arrogant as Lewis allegedly is. Michael was arrogant, a poor sportsman at times, threw things, all things Lewis doesn’t have the space to get away with and all reasons people don’t like him. It’s similar for Yuki in F1. The way he was treated at the beginning of last season for swearing on radio or being angry compared to say Max who has used ableist slurs on radio over more than one season. He’s passionate though. I think that’s why it’s hard to compare between sports. Take Kane for example, I think even he himself would argue that there’s a layer of Racism that Raheem Sterling faces that Kane doesn’t that adds to the reason why people treat him a certain way, present him a certain way, use certain language to describe him. It’s the same for Lewis imo.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

^^ what he said.

bristol

Whining about what?

I suspect that he wasn't happy about an hour and a half of 10G vertical impacts due to the constant bouncing. Many of the drivers including Hamilton have raised long-term safety concerns about it."

I know that he's voiced his concerns and so have other drivers but people only seem to pick on Lewis that's why I wanted the person who said his whining has shot both of them in the foot.

bristol

"as this season so far has proven , f1 is all about the car, not the driver"

It's not just this season, that's the way it's always been. That's why it's called Motorsport.

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

I am not a F1 fan but Lewis Hamilton achievements of 7 world titles and most poles will take sometime to be matched by a British driver as well as any other nationality especially the 7 world titles.As a sport fan these are the first things I look for.Yes we can criticise his salary , tax position but wouldn’t we do the same.As someone that lives in a part of North London that is not considered the best but for me it’s been home for almost 47 years and having been to Stevenage there is no way Stevenage could be described as a slum in my eyes.

Tin town

Oh they are doing well.

Oh they did really well.

Rinse and repeat.

I think it’s hard to ignore the racism that certainly impacts Lewis’s experiences though. Also some of the examples you gave aren’t British and some aren’t serial winners. But I would argue that none of them have been as dominant or successful as Lewis has in F1 over his career.

I think a part of the way Lewis is treated, especially in F1, is to do with him visibly appearing as a Black man. That’s why I think there are often unjustified labels of him being arrogant, or fake because he has a media persona etc. and as pointed out above, generally displaying things that others in the sport are loved and admired for. Vettel. Michael. Vettel is adored for his activism though he was just as arrogant as Lewis allegedly is. Michael was arrogant, a poor sportsman at times, threw things, all things Lewis doesn’t have the space to get away with and all reasons people don’t like him. It’s similar for Yuki in F1. The way he was treated at the beginning of last season for swearing on radio or being angry compared to say Max who has used ableist slurs on radio over more than one season. He’s passionate though. I think that’s why it’s hard to compare between sports. Take Kane for example, I think even he himself would argue that there’s a layer of Racism that Raheem Sterling faces that Kane doesn’t that adds to the reason why people treat him a certain way, present him a certain way, use certain language to describe him. It’s the same for Lewis imo. "

I agree there is racism, particularly raheem and Hamilton. That's a different issue though. I was trying to make the point of the glee we have in trying to knock people of their hard earned pedestal that we have only just elevated them to.

Also. People who say he’s won because he’s been in the best car forget that when he joined Mercedes’ they were a midfield team and through his feedback to the engineers and skill they turned the team into serial winners. Rosberg did nothing of note in that car before Lewis arrived and developed the car. Bottas did next to nothing compared to lewis in the same car. No, this season hasn’t gone well for him. However based on his career so far, he’s got the knowledge and communication skills to turn that car round.

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

He is still in the top 5000 uk tax payers... there are 32.2 million people paying tax in the uk and L.H. is paying more than 32.195 million of them"

Just not his private jet it seems

bristol

He is still in the top 5000 uk tax payers... there are 32.2 million people paying tax in the uk and L.H. is paying more than 32.195 million of them

Just not his private jet it seems"

He doesn't own a jet anymore ,he should it a long time ago

Scunthorpe

Just not his private jet it seems"

I'm not sure his former private jet is a UK taxpayer. He sold it as it doesn't fit with his ideals for greener living.

The scheme that allowed the low-tax purchase back on 2013 was actually completely legal.

Bexley

"

Just not his private jet it seems

He doesn't own a jet anymore ,he should it a long time ago"

The famous phrase "Shurely shome mishtake" springs to mind!

henley on thames

"Lewis Hamilton haters are so funny. "

Anyone who isn’t a complete fanboy is clearly a hater, are they?

Really sad that things get so oversimplified

henley on thames

I don't like to use that angle as there's examples both ways in most cases. With Lewis' case it does seem that way though, because the same people that love Schumacher hate Lewis for the same reasons they love Schumacher, it just makes no sense"

Schumacher may have been cocky, but he didn’t come across as a moody poser.

henley on thames

People have backed up his story about coming from a slum area?

henley on thames

An earlier poster mentioned problem on other sports like Rory mcilroy, who is a good example … safuratiok coverage of him before during and after events, regardless of how he and performed, to the exclusion of reporting on others. People get bored of this and end up bored of the coverage. Very little to do with what he has said or done himself, just the fact that commentators go on and on about him. The hys (have your say) sections on golf articles on the nbc website are full of comments from people who absolutely hate Rory and want Uk to fail, because they want the saturation coverage to stop.

Are all of those loaders anti Irish? Racist? Of course not.

Blaming racism for all push-back on a ubiquitous individual is lazy thinking.

By *he_Last_TitanMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"An earlier poster mentioned problem on other sports like Rory mcilroy, who is a good example … safuratiok coverage of him before during and after events, regardless of how he and performed, to the exclusion of reporting on others. People get bored of this and end up bored of the coverage. Very little to do with what he has said or done himself, just the fact that commentators go on and on about him. The hys (have your say) sections on golf articles on the nbc website are full of comments from people who absolutely hate Rory and want Uk to fail, because they want the saturation coverage to stop.

"

Well you don't know what these people are anti, do you? But one only need to peruse the comment sections you note above but re comments on Hamilton to find copious amounts of racism aimed at the man.

My guess, however, is you're simply triggered because the truth often resonates deeply.

Good luck with your attempt to trigger others.

henley on thames

"An earlier poster mentioned problem on other sports like Rory mcilroy, who is a good example … safuratiok coverage of him before during and after events, regardless of how he and performed, to the exclusion of reporting on others. People get bored of this and end up bored of the coverage. Very little to do with what he has said or done himself, just the fact that commentators go on and on about him. The hys (have your say) sections on golf articles on the nbc website are full of comments from people who absolutely hate Rory and want Uk to fail, because they want the saturation coverage to stop.

Well you don't know what these people are anti, do you? But one only need to peruse the comment sections you note above but re comments on Hamilton to find copious amounts of racism aimed at the man.

My guess, however, is you're simply triggered because the truth often resonates deeply.

Good luck with your attempt to trigger others."

I’m not trying to trigger anyone, and don’t understand or appreciate your hostility.

Can you please show me where posters on this thread have been openly racist, as you state? It’s a long thread and perhaps I missed it. Thanks

I don't like to use that angle as there's examples both ways in most cases. With Lewis' case it does seem that way though, because the same people that love Schumacher hate Lewis for the same reasons they love Schumacher, it just makes no sense

Schumacher may have been cocky, but he didn’t come across as a moody poser. "

No just an unsportsmanlike aggressive cocky arsehole. But we love that right? yeah yeah

Anyone who isn’t a complete fanboy is clearly a hater, are they?

Really sad that things get so oversimplified "

Nobody said that