FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > FFS Am I gonna get a fkin break?

FFS Am I gonna get a fkin break?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

how many times am i going to be beaten to a job by an internal applicant? After a month of being 'top of the shortlist' and the client wanting to get multiple candidates i learn this morning (by email) that they have apointed an internal applicant....

In all seriousness, do i need a bigger pinch of salt when dealing with agencies? are they bullshitiwmg me? this isnt the first time that excuse has been made and nor the only agency, and im starting to wonder if im just getting fobed off....

Gizzajob ffs!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

It happens. Policy might be to open up the offer but the internal may already have been in line. If someone really exceptional comes along they may shaft the internal. New people are always a risk. Is it possible to go back and ask what they plan to do about the vacancy created by the internal candidate moving roles?

Sympathy too... it happened to me this week but, as you know, I don't really have the option of the suggestion I am making for you.

Don't let this sidetrack you or make you succumb to a cigarette.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Unless the end user has a sole supplier agreement with a particular agency, situations like this will always arise.

Clients in general give details of a position to 2/3 agencies and interview applicants from all.

They will choose whoever suits them best.

They are also bound to consider internal applicants for any given vacancy and larger businesses do this as a matter of course and best practice.

You must also consider that re-assigning an internal candidate is more financially sound than employing via an agency who are likely to charge 20-25% of the applicants annual salary package as a finders fee.

Please note I say package and not salary.

So if the annual package is in the region of £50,000 which is an average middle management package in my experience, by re-assigning an internal candidate, the company serves to save between £10,000 and £12,500 in fees.

Then you have the agency who wish keep ALL their options open and will dangle as many carrots as they can until they get the final say from the client.

In my experience this can take 2-3 months in some cases and clients do like to keep the agencies dangling too until they have considered all their options too.

When you involve the interviewers, the HR departments, departmental managers and direct line managers that may be involved at any stage in the decision to recruit and the potential is there for a protracted decision making process.

So yes, there are many contributory factors that mean that applying for a permanent position via an agency is a potential minefield and waiting game for any candidate.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I do apreciate where you are both coming from and i am (unfortunately) a bit of an old lag with agencies so am wise to the game, its just tough to stay motivated at times.

Hay ho, buzzed them all again today and rustled up a few more leads again......

Cheers for the chin lift though both xx

» Add a new message to this topic