FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Pish at fitba

Pish at fitba

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Another bad nite for all our national teams think its time for us all to admit we r all pish and miles behind other european teams technicaly and indavidually.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *kywatcherMan  over a year ago

Southwick

You are absolutely right. Wales losing 6-1 with players with quality such as Gareth Bale. Scotland drawing with the mighty Macedonia. What would Dennis Law make of that? Even NI drawing with Luxembourg. Won't mention England (who said that!). I just don't think we do international football anymore. It's all about club football I'm afraid. Would love to be proved wrong and at least three home nations qualify for Rio and one goes on to win it!!

By *illow PimpMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

Followed Scotland abroad and home for the last 15 yrs at great expence, never have i seen as much pish on a field in all my life. Sack levein and don't even bother with anyone else who plays technical nonesence bring in Souness and let the players roll up there sleeves and play with pride

Totally agree with both of yous we have good players with negative managers who play fitba trying not to lose instead of letting players play there own game,dont think any of home nations will qualify for brazil .

Southwick

Managers are part of the fault. The players are there but I think the international matches are a distraction from the Great God (club football). I remember the days (sadly) of the Home Internationals which were football's equivalent of the 6 Nations Rugby in the past. I much prefer international rugby these days. Played with passion and national pride.

Love ma fitba m8 think its time to back to basics as all our international teams

r so far behind most other nations on things like touch pass and movement .

Southwick

Don't know your club team but feel blessed here in Brighton. Managed by Gus Poyet now for 3 years this November. 09-10 took a struggling L1 side to mid-table. First full season 10-11 L1 champions. 11-12 finished 10th in the Championship. This season 4th in Championship with 25k average crowd - 2nd to Sheff W. So we have a Uruguyan manager and now 5 Spanish nationals in the squad. Things are rosy here.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

From an Inglish point of view...Im hardly suprised that Scotland, Wales and NI are not footie giants..... Niether Scotland nor Wales could get more than two teams in the English Prem (and scotish footie seems to suffer from being dominated by the old firm teams. The next few seasons will be interesting though).

England, though, has a population around 4 times that of the other 3 nations combined and yet are as 2nd rated as the others.

I continue to be convinced that there are just too many foreigners in the game for England to even hope of being effective competitors for trophies. We do have some good players but there is no competition for most places not because there is such a gulf of quality between the pick and the rest but because there is such a paucity of talent that any one who looks like they might cut the mustard is scrabled for. No embarasment of riches more a richness of embaresment (apologies for the crap spelling btw).

The other 3 nations also suffer from this as once the English league was filled with top players from Scotland et al (see Liverpool in the 60's to the 80's) where now you are lucky to field a team.....

Too muchoney in the game.....

Peace out....

"Don't know your club team but feel blessed here in Brighton. Managed by Gus Poyet now for 3 years this November. 09-10 took a struggling L1 side to mid-table. First full season 10-11 L1 champions. 11-12 finished 10th in the Championship. This season 4th in Championship with 25k average crowd - 2nd to Sheff W. So we have a Uruguyan manager and now 5 Spanish nationals in the squad. Things are rosy here. "

My team is glasgow celtic m8 and im quite happy with my team just think all our international teams have fallen so far behind other european teams ive just watched all our teams being played of park,the other teams just seem technicaly better than us .

Southwick

How do you feel about the Auld Firm games or lack of? On the International stuff I just think it's about desire. Too many overpaid 'billy big bollocks' that CBA about their national team. Maybe am being nostalgic of past values where nation meant something. Up the hoops lol

"From an Inglish point of view...Im hardly suprised that Scotland, Wales and NI are not footie giants..... Niether Scotland nor Wales could get more than two teams in the English Prem (and scotish footie seems to suffer from being dominated by the old firm teams. The next few seasons will be interesting though).

England, though, has a population around 4 times that of the other 3 nations combined and yet are as 2nd rated as the others.

I continue to be convinced that there are just too many foreigners in the game for England to even hope of being effective competitors for trophies. We do have some good players but there is no competition for most places not because there is such a gulf of quality between the pick and the rest but because there is such a paucity of talent that any one who looks like they might cut the mustard is scrabled for. No embarasment of riches more a richness of embaresment (apologies for the crap spelling btw).

The other 3 nations also suffer from this as once the English league was filled with top players from Scotland et al (see Liverpool in the 60's to the 80's) where now you are lucky to field a team.....

Too muchoney in the game.....

Peace out...."

Agree with some of ur points only 2 teams wer ever going to win scottish league but servco (the old rangers )are nothing now,and in england only 3 teams r ever going to win league out of 22 teams maybe yous should realise as we have that our international teams r not very good ,actually we r all pish.

"How do you feel about the Auld Firm games or lack of? On the International stuff I just think it's about desire. Too many overpaid 'billy big bollocks' that CBA about their national team. Maybe am being nostalgic of past values where nation meant something. Up the hoops lol "

To be honest m8 I think our kids r being trained wrong,its all kick and rush instead of being taught how to keep the ball under pressure and play a pass and attack teams,cmon the hoops lol.

Southwick

Love that word...pish!! England will get to Rio but will just spend a few weeks on the beach and exploring the delights the city offers no doubt.

Yous prob will get a playoff place but once yous cum up against a good team yous will get found out as yous r as pish as the rest of us lol.

Southwick

They will probably do the usual and get knocked out in a pen shoot-out at last 16 or QF. But like I say more time to enjoy the distractions. After all winning tournaments is hard work lol

"Yous prob will get a playoff place but once yous cum up against a good team yous will get found out as yous r as pish as the rest of us lol."

I support 3 teams

Chelsea

England

Anyone playing against Liverpool

Thankfully, 2 of my teams are doing well.

England look poor, but can see them getting to Rio only to be embarrassed by technically gifted teams who don't rely on the long ball game. Hodgson has no Plan B and no decent players to call on.

As for Wales, Scotland and NI, count yourselves lucky you won't get to Brazil, you would burn badly in the sun!

Wales were starting to turn a corner under the guidance of Gary Speed, God rest his soul, and now they've turned the clock back twenty years

and maybe England should get Tom Daley in as a coach, and learn how to dive like the rest of the Europeans ...

By *damandeve4funCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Followed Scotland abroad and home for the last 15 yrs at great expence, never have i seen as much pish on a field in all my life. Sack levein and don't even bother with anyone else who plays technical nonesence bring in Souness and let the players roll up there sleeves and play with pride "

It is far too simplistic to say sack Levein, especially when the players like him and his methods. The Tartan Army can't seem to accept anyone in charge unless they are a "legend", like Souness or Dalglish. However, when the job was last up for grabs, none of the so-called big guns wanted it and I doubt any of them, other than Strachan and possibly McLeish, would want it now.

The Tartan Army are so fickle. They are attacking Levein for not playing two up front, yet it is exactly that kind of tactic that led to them revolting against Vogts and Burley when it was shown to be fairly naive at international level.

The calls for Scotland to return to the up and at them, back to basics, approach belie the fact that it is that kind of tactical thinking that has held back our club and international sides.

I recently talked to a product of Murray Park and he complained that they are still being taught the long-ball, get the ball into the box as early as possible kind of game.

Rather than reverting back to type, we should be learning lessons from other European countries. Fortunately, the same product of Murray Park said that Celtic are trying to copy the Spanish kind of training, which is heartening in a national sense even though I strongly dislike that club (and the other half of the twin towers of darkness).

I remember talking to a player who had come from Hungary to sign for a Scottish club and he could not believe that our clubs only train for a couple of hours each weekday morning. He said that every full-time club on the Continent would require their players to come back in for afternoon sessions of brushing up their ball skills, but in Scotland he had to take the initiative and do it for himself.

As for Levein, I do question some of his tactical decisions, but we are always going to have our own opinions, it is the nature of football. The calls for Jordan Rhodes to start for Scotland have been hysterical. I remember the slating that Berti Vogts got for calling up League One players yet here is the Tartan Army saying that a player who has yet to prove himself in the Championship should replace an experienced campaigner like Kenny Miller (not that I am a big Miller fan either).

Indeed, it was only a matter of weeks ago that the Tartan Army were slagging Levein for calling up Ian Black, saying he should not be playing because he had played ONE game for a Division Three club after a successful season in the SPL.

I don't think Levein was too cautious against Serbia and Macedonia. We have gone from a situation where we had an abundance of defenders and little midfield creativity to a position where we have the flair but poor defenders, as was shown by the way the two Balkan sides carved us open on Saturday and last night.

Nearly all international teams now play with a holding midfielder with a single striker up front. The problem I have with Levein is that he has been playing Caldwell in that holding role when he is a better defender. In the absence of Darren Fletcher, I would have had Charlie Adam there as, even though he had a poor game against Serbia, at international level, you need someone who can not only protect your defence but can build attacks from the back and start the passing moves.

Anyway, I could go on for hours on this topic, as you can guess.

As for England, their fans need not worry as, despite last night's result, as usual they are in an easy group and will still qualify for Brazil.

» Add a new message to this topic