FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Barack Obama & Bill Clinton

Barack Obama & Bill Clinton

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Both made fantastic speeches at the Democratic get together a few days ago. Love or hate their politics you have to admire leaders who have the ability to deliver like that on the grand stage.

Our current crop of politicians in the UK just don't seem to have the same ability to inspire and rally when they speak.

Love him or hate him, Blair knew how to deliver a speach.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *drianukMan  over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

It depends what you call a good speech.

To a politician a good speech is one that successfully fools the people as to his/her true intentions.

It's usually bad for the public. Give me an honest politician any day. Now they ARE rare.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Boris's speech was pretty impressive!

I saw Bill Clinton do the address live on Thursday morning and did think 'wow, he is one very good speaker'

I am cynical of most political messages but putting the actual subjects he touched on to one side, the delivery of the speech was fantastic.

He had me hooked, so much so that I watched it all

By *bbandflowCouple  over a year ago

South Devon

"Both made fantastic speeches at the Democratic get together a few days ago. Love or hate their politics you have to admire leaders who have the ability to deliver like that on the grand stage.

Our current crop of politicians in the UK just don't seem to have the same ability to inspire and rally when they speak.

Love him or hate him, Blair knew how to deliver a speach. "

History tells us that charismatic politicians can be an intoxicating and dangerous animal..but have to admit our current crop are largely faceless and uninspiring

..where have the conviction politicians gone from the Labour party, you didn't have to agree with them, but they did spice and bite to the political scene!

Blair and Obama are very similar. Both charismatic orators who got elected on a wave of popularity and delivered jack shit

By *uggers nemesisCouple  over a year ago

london

"Blair and Obama are very similar. Both charismatic orators who got elected on a wave of popularity and delivered jack shit"

I agree with this,considering politics is the art of oratory then it comes as no surprise that these guys stand out,but delivering speeches is all these guys actually ever do

"Blair and Obama are very similar. Both charismatic orators who got elected on a wave of popularity and delivered jack shit"

Bit difficult with the senate and diehard republicans blocking everything he does, tea party, gun lobby, christian right etc.

Can blame US presidents for their parliament being corrupt!!

Romney is the one to worry about as would be worse than bush!!

"Both made fantastic speeches at the Democratic get together a few days ago. Love or hate their politics you have to admire leaders who have the ability to deliver like that on the grand stage.

Love him or hate him, Blair knew how to deliver a speach. "

Speech delivery is easy when you have fantastic speech writers, they are mega coached where to pause etc, real skill is answering questions under fire without a prompt.

Your right though about Blair being a good orator, good though not great.

As for amazing speakers and honest politicians there are few of them around now, bring back Tony Benn!!

Vince Cable is quite good unfortunatly he's turned to the dark side and been muzzled!!

You'd be surprised how little they contribute to writing the speech at all as it's mostly written by someone

"As for amazing speakers and honest politicians there are few of them around now, bring back Tony Benn!!

"

this.

the only politician I've ever had any time for tbh.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

So much I want to write but am at work at the mo.. Will give you my impressions of the speeches at both the RNC and the DNC when I get home

Being a good speaker does not make a good leader !

"Being a good speaker does not make a good leader !"

Totally agree, and Obama and Blair are living proof of this!

By *xodussxMan  over a year ago

sheffield

"Being a good speaker does not make a good leader !

Totally agree, and Obama and Blair are living proof of this! "

What have Obama and Blair done to be bad leaders or not good leaders?

This country would be more respected and driven to success if Dav Cam has half of Obama talent.

This country would be more respected and driven to success if Dav Cam has half of Obama talent."

ask the yanks...

why is it the current president is finding it difficult to stay up in the polls with a guy who is probably the worst challenger in years????

This country would be more respected and driven to success if Dav Cam has half of Obama talent."

Cameron is neither a good leader or good orator. He only got in because of the need for change in direction in this country. If he was so convincing, we would not have a coalition government. It galls me to say that as my politics are more conservative than anything.

"why is it the current president is finding it difficult to stay up in the polls with a guy who is probably the worst challenger in years????"

because the extreme right in the USA is out of control.

Too right!

Get the republicans back in!

By *xodussxMan  over a year ago

sheffield

"Blair and Obama are very similar. Both charismatic orators who got elected on a wave of popularity and delivered jack shit

Too right!

Get the republicans back in! "

To add more KO'S to a turned apart world like G W Bush did?

» Add a new message to this topic