FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > what would you have said?

what would you have said?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ummy mummy OP   Woman  over a year ago

southampton-ish

The transition to year 2 for my son is not going as smoothly as hoped...once he is in the class he is fine,it is just the nighttime before and then the actually getting to school he is miserable and keeps trying to run off...this morning it was how he hated everything and everyone...and then he comes out with" anyway...why are we even born when all we do is die !" What would have been your response?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Any idea what's bothering him so much about going to school? Sounds like a difficult time.

In answer to the question though, it depends on your son.

For thoughtful kids, talking about the joys in life, (and mentioning things that they enjoy), and the good things we can do for other people, and all the things there are to see and learn might help.

Some parents I know would make a flippant comment about how much time there is to eat chocolate and ice cream in between the two, but that's because they know that approach will buck their child out of the mood.

You know your son best.

well on friday my daughter (aged 2 and 8 months) asked why she doesnt have a daddy like her friends do.. i just wanted to cry

"well on friday my daughter (aged 2 and 8 months) asked why she doesnt have a daddy like her friends do.. i just wanted to cry "

Because her mummy is twice as fabulous as her friends' mummies. That's why.

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

"The transition to year 2 for my son is not going as smoothly as hoped...once he is in the class he is fine,it is just the nighttime before and then the actually getting to school he is miserable and keeps trying to run off...this morning it was how he hated everything and everyone...and then he comes out with" anyway...why are we even born when all we do is die !" What would have been your response?"
I had same question from mine when younger and all i could think of saying was yes we do all die someday and thats why its really important to enjoy every minute were alive and to work hard at school so that you can get a job you love and have a great life and be happy

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

Mind you my little bu..er caught me out by asking "do you love animals daddy" to which i replied "of course i do" which then got me the classic answer of "then why do you eat them daddy" !!

"Mind you my little bu..er caught me out by asking "do you love animals daddy" to which i replied "of course i do" which then got me the classic answer of "then why do you eat them daddy" !! "

pmsl

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Transitions are always difficult. A child I know went through a phase of saying it would be better if he died (started at about age 3 and still sometimes reappears). We tell him that we are all glad that he is alive and ask him what would make him want to be alive. A bit of one to one time also helps.

By *ummy mummy OP   Woman  over a year ago

southampton-ish

"Transitions are always difficult. A child I know went through a phase of saying it would be better if he died (started at about age 3 and still sometimes reappears). We tell him that we are all glad that he is alive and ask him what would make him want to be alive. A bit of one to one time also helps."

I had this last year with my son...was quite upsetting but for the most part it has stopped.I knew we were going to have some level of difficulty as with C' s aspergers he does not handle change well.

I am happy to say that this morning , though had a bit of a rough time at beginning of walk to school,he did let me stay at the gate and walked in completely on his own. Whereas the twins informed me that I was NOT allowed to go past the gate,it was against their rules...lol

"well on friday my daughter (aged 2 and 8 months) asked why she doesnt have a daddy like her friends do.. i just wanted to cry

Because her mummy is twice as fabulous as her friends' mummies. That's why."

Well said

All transitions are hard, when my daughter went through this stage i asked her if she would like to meet a friend at the gate so they could walk in together. Me and another mum set this up and it was all good from that point. I think it made them feel very grown up.

"well on friday my daughter (aged 2 and 8 months) asked why she doesnt have a daddy like her friends do.. i just wanted to cry "

Boy oh boy am I glad my boys are grown up and left school and all those awkward questions are a long time in the past.

I appreciate it's not necessarily the same for all kids who are missing dads, some have unfortunately died, others are absent for a variety of reasons, but my boys’ dads have been complete non-entities in their lives.

My youngest (now 16) said about 5 years ago that he doesn’t need a dad coz his mum is a million times better than his dad anyway and it saves him money at Christmas, Birthdays and Fathers’ Day coz he doesn’t have to spend his pocket money to buy cards or presents for his dad – one very financially astute son I have!

» Add a new message to this topic