FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > sports personality of the year nominating... pick 10

sports personality of the year nominating... pick 10

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abio OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

okay... 2 months early.. they won't pick until middle of november... but they are going to have a hell of a problem this year...

so in the pub today.... we all tried to pick 10... and I think we came up with 25 names....

so..... not for the brave hearted... pick 10!!... its not easy....

mine would be

Bradley Wiggins, Mo Farrah, Jess Ennis, Andy Murray, Rory Mcilroy, Sarah Storey, David Weir, Ellie Simmonds, Nicola Adams and Ben Ainsley

and this is leaving Laura trott, sir chris hoy, nathan cleverly, kath grainger, chris froome, mark cavandish, phil taylor, katie taylor, hannah cockcroft and loads of others off the list......

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It won't be Wiggins, Murray, Mcilroy or Ainsley as they lack a really likeable personality.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Too hard! I've only just got to know them and now I am grieving that they have left me.

I liked Nicola Adams and Johnnie Peacock too to add to your list.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Not Andy Murray.....

Nicola Adams or David Weir

I think it will between Wiggo (my tip) Jess Ennis and Mo Farrah.

Newcastle and Gateshead

I think you have to throw andys name in there now.... I still think he comes 3rd, but I think this "top 10" list arguement is going to happen in pubs up and down the land...

there was a brilliant article in the guardian today about it, about how you could put 20-30 peoples name on this years list....

"I think you have to throw andys name in there now.... I still think he comes 3rd, but I think this "top 10" list arguement is going to happen in pubs up and down the land...

there was a brilliant article in the guardian today about it, about how you could put 20-30 peoples name on this years list...."

As a very recent convert to the whole sporty thing, is this voted for by the public? If so, won't the usual thing of whomever does something closest to the voting date will get the award?

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

If it was purely down to 'Personality' it would (In my opinion) be between Mo Farah and Ellie Simmonds.....both of whom made me proud to be British this last few weeks.

By *umsuckMan  over a year ago

Gateshead

Any other year Andy Murray would probably have run away with it. But after a summer of sport we are unlikely to see surpassed for many a year how on Earth do you choose 10,let alone one?

Easy choice,andy murray first brit (scot) to win a grand slam in nearly 70 yrs and a gold medal cmon no contest.

I am warming to Andy Murray, he smiled, at long last!

He reminded me of a young John McEnroe when he won his first Wimbledon in 1981. My favourite tennis player of all time.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Sports Personality of the year....Mo Farah

Young Sports Personality.....Ellie Simmonds

Overseas Sports Personality......That one armed American Cyclist in the velodrome who won the Gold

Team.....GB Olympics

Andy murray was on court for nearly 6 hrs mo farrah although he was brill was on track for 15mins only one winner in my eyes but we all have dif opinions and wen comes down to it they wer all winners

By *illow PimpMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

Its a tricky selection alright.

Murray, Mo, Ennis for me

By *kywatcherMan  over a year ago

Southwick

Wouldn't it save many problems by just cancelling it this year and giving everyone a huge pat on the back?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Ellie Simons for me as well

By *ottsguy44Man  over a year ago

nottinghamshire

Wiggo all the way first brit to win tour of France

Wiggins to win it I hope? I dont think many people realise what a huge thing it is to win the tour de France and then only a fortnight later to win the time trial! Oh and the guy has a personality

Newcastle and Gateshead

see.... you are all cheating.... you are just picking the winner, or the 1/2/3....

narrow it down to 10, and see who you leave out.... and I bet you leave out someone who afterwards you would have thoughs "arrgh!"....

By *ust_for_laughsCouple  over a year ago

Hinckley

Wiggins

Ennis

Farrah

Weir

Simmonds

Murray

McIlroy

Pendleton

Ainslie

Adams

Top 3...Wiggins, Murray, McIlroy, not necessarily in that order.

How anyone can say Wiggins doesn't have a personality is beyond me...he deserves to win just for the rant at the journalists, let alone winning the TdF !!

You so rarely hear the word 'cunt' in press conferences these days !!

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

David Weir

Mo Farah

Jessica Ennis

Bradley Wiggins

Sarah Storey

Ellie Simmonds

Andy Murray

Sir Chris Hoy

Ainslie Bennett

Alistair Brownlee

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

Can horseys win?

Camelot is going for (and will probably win) the Triple Crown at only 3 years old!

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Can horseys win?

Camelot is going for (and will probably win) the Triple Crown at only 3 years old!"

i can see why not... someone in the pub made a very compelling case for Frankel to be on the list......

but it is interesting that Just for laugh left off Sarah Storey 4 paralympic gold winning cyclist....

AandK left off Rory McIlroy.. Golf Major winner, world no.1 and winner of the money list on both the American and European Golf Tours....

see.... its not easy...

"Can horseys win?

Camelot is going for (and will probably win) the Triple Crown at only 3 years old!

i can see why not... someone in the pub made a very compelling case for Frankel to be on the list......

but it is interesting that Just for laugh left off Sarah Storey 4 paralympic gold winning cyclist....

AandK left off Rory McIlroy.. Golf Major winner, world no.1 and winner of the money list on both the American and European Golf Tours....

see.... its not easy...

"

Again, new to all of this but... they are all used to competition and whoever does win it this year will know that this is the year where it is worth winning, purely in terms of competition. Or, am I being naive?

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

"AandK left off Rory McIlroy.. Golf Major winner, world no.1 and winner of the money list on both the American and European Golf Tours....

see.... its not easy...

"

I think if Europe retain the Rider Cup and Rory McIlroy plays a blinder it might be that little bit extra that pushes him to the fore. Also vice versa if we lose that will be him out of the picture.

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

A Home Among The Woodland Creatures

I'm surprised there's not even so much as an honourable mention for the great Beth Tweddle

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I'm surprised there's not even so much as an honourable mention for the great Beth Tweddle"

pick 10... see who you leave out to put her in....

"Ellie Simons for me as well"
+1

By *damandeve4funCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Andy Murray

Rory McIlroy

Bradley Wiggins

Mo Farah

Sir Chris Hoy

Ben Ainsley

Jason Kenny

Laura Trott

Kath Grainger

Seb Coe!

Don't be surprised if the BBC makes it a joint award and chooses Team GB as its sports personality! That way it saves us making a difficult choice between so many great achievements - and would include nearly all the candidates other than McIlroy.

As for who should be top, it has to be between Murray, McIlroy. Wiggins, Farrah, Hoy and Ainsley considering they have all achieved historical firsts.

Don't give me that rubbish about Murray or Wiggins not having a "personality". Just because they are more shy in front of the camera, or some people don't like their demeanour, does not belittle their achievements. I have known Andy since he was a kid and he has a great, dry sense of humour that some can't get their head around. Wiggins' sideburns alone show a personality and an alternative musical taste that is so devoid in most sportsmen and women.

Personally, I would discount the cyclists when voting as it is a sport tainted with the suspicion of drugs even if Wiggins, Hoy et al are not involved.

Sailing is such an elitist sport that I could not vote for Ainsley.

Farah's achievement comes at a time when middle and long-distance running does not have a plethora of top performers.

So that leaves Murray and McIlroy. Both have achieved successes at majors this year. McIlroy's case will be stronger if also he ends the year as world number one. However, Murray has not only done what no Briton has done for 76 years - and no Scot has done for even longer - but he has done it in an era dominated by three of the other best players ever.

And, on top of his US Open triumph over Djokovic, he defeated Federer to win an Olympic gold (as well as winning a silver in the mixed doubles). Taken together, I think these achievement mean Murray emerges as the greatest achiever among a host of great achievers this year.

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

"okay... 2 months early.. they won't pick until middle of november... but they are going to have a hell of a problem this year...

so in the pub today.... we all tried to pick 10... and I think we came up with 25 names....

mine would be

Bradley Wiggins, Mo Farrah, Jess Ennis, Andy Murray, Rory Mcilroy, Sarah Storey, David Weir, Ellie Simmonds, Nicola Adams and Ben Ainsley

and this is leaving Laura trott, sir chris hoy, nathan cleverly, kath grainger, chris froome, mark cavandish, phil taylor, katie taylor, hannah cockcroft and loads of others off the list......

"

Andy Murray has a personality? Not sure I've seen it..

Many of those names were (with all due respect) unknowns before the Olympics/Paralympics..

Now, if they changed it to Sport Achievement of the Year ... then you could include all of them.

Glasgow

"okay... 2 months early.. they won't pick until middle of november... but they are going to have a hell of a problem this year...

mine would be

Many of those names were (with all due respect) unknowns before the Olympics/Paralympics..

Now, if they changed it to Sport Achievement of the Year ... then you could include all of them."

Everybody has a personality. It comes with being animals. It might be a personality you don't like, or can't warm to, but that is a different argument

Ipswich

mine would be

Now, if they changed it to Sport Achievement of the Year ... then you could include all of them.

Everybody has a personality. It comes with being animals. It might be a personality you don't like, or can't warm to, but that is a different argument "

..but personality of the *year*? For many of them there is only a brief glimpse of this when they are being inter_iewed after winning something.

Glasgow

mine would be

Everybody has a personality. It comes with being animals. It might be a personality you don't like, or can't warm to, but that is a different argument

..but personality of the *year*? For many of them there is only a brief glimpse of this when they are being inter_iewed after winning something."

What do you want them to do? Come round to your house and entertain you personally every night? I think they tend to be busy, training hard to, er, win something

By *ove2-shareCouple  over a year ago

South Gloucestershire

"It won't be Wiggins, Murray, Mcilroy or Ainsley as they lack a really likeable personality. "

Actually Wiggins has a great personality,a very british and quirky mod. Even the french love him even tho as a fluent french speaker he rarely gave inter_iews in french prefering to make jokes in english, he also had the sportsmanship to stop the race to allow a main rival to catch up after a disaster, the mans class

By *andyguy59Man  over a year ago

Gatwick

I think the BBC will have to change the rules this year and make the Sports Personality of the Year a joint award to the two teams - TeamGB and ParalympicsGB (that also covers Murray and Wiggins who have both achieved something extraordinary outside the Olympics / Paralympics)

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

so many great great people to choose from...

would like it to be someone like Nicola Adams, Ellie Simmonds or Jo Trott

David Weir

Sarah Storey

Sir Chris Hoy

Ellie Simmonds

Bradley Wiggins

Andy Murray

Victoria Pendleton

Jess Ennis

Mo Farah

Hannah Cockroft

Left out a good few who could also be in the running, but, i honestly think it will go to a member of the paralympics team to highlight their success and keep the sport in the minds of the people!

Someone like David Weir or Sarah Storey who is at the top of their profession and may be leaving their chosen sport!

But whoever wins this year, it will be one hell of an achievement!

As a football and cricket fan it's a sure fire thing these sports will swap places with your cycling and athletics this year!!!!

Top 10

Wiggins

Farah

Weir

Storey

Ennis

Murray

Taylor

Mcillroy

Hoy

Pendleton (cause I fancy her!!!)

By *edbagioMan  over a year ago

ripon

wiggins

wiggins

pendleton shes hot hot hot

give her my vote

but got to be wiggo never been done

what he did this year

Ipswich

mine would be

..but personality of the *year*? For many of them there is only a brief glimpse of this when they are being inter_iewed after winning something.

What do you want them to do? Come round to your house and entertain you personally every night? I think they tend to be busy, training hard to, er, win something "

No. I want to see them on talk shows and the like showing me that they have a personality. I want to see them help to champion the grass roots of the sport(s) that they have been able to excel in. Many of them have benefitted from lottery money etc - I want to see them contribute to society more than just collecting awards and titles from their deeds.

"

What do you want them to do? Come round to your house and entertain you personally every night? I think they tend to be busy, training hard to, er, win something

No. I want to see them on talk shows and the like showing me that they have a personality. I want to see them help to champion the grass roots of the sport(s) that they have been able to excel in. Many of them have benefitted from lottery money etc - I want to see them contribute to society more than just collecting awards and titles from their deeds."

Lots do that. There were events between the Olympics and Paralympics specifically to highlight grass-roots sport and have the new heroes present to provide some inspiration.

On your criteria above it would go to Mo.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I'm surprised there's not even so much as an honourable mention for the great Beth Tweddle"

you just did...

Personally, i dont think there should be one this year. Purely because of how sucessful numerous athletes have been. On sporting terms, Wiggins deserves to win. He won a race no Brit has. The most gruelling in all sports. But Andy Murray has won his first grand slam. Again, a rarity for a Brit and a massive achievement but compared to Wiggins? They both won Gold medals aswell with so many other Brits this year. It seems unfair to pick and choose. IMO I say abandon it. Celebrate Britains sporting success for one evening!

By *ust_for_laughsCouple  over a year ago

Hinckley

"Personally, i dont think there should be one this year. Purely because of how sucessful numerous athletes have been. On sporting terms, Wiggins deserves to win. He won a race no Brit has. The most gruelling in all sports. But Andy Murray has won his first grand slam. Again, a rarity for a Brit and a massive achievement but compared to Wiggins? They both won Gold medals aswell with so many other Brits this year. It seems unfair to pick and choose. IMO I say abandon it. Celebrate Britains sporting success for one evening! "

Bollocks to that...it's about the winning, not the taking part !

I dont think their bothered! Id be much happier winning a prestigous event in my sport than winning a trophy based mostly on personality than sporting achievement. Even Greg Rudseskis won it! Sack it off..

P.s Wiggo gets my vote!

By *ove2-shareCouple  over a year ago

South Gloucestershire

This year more than any other they have to define clearly what they mean by sports personality, clearly it is a different criteria for achievement and for personality, if it was just for personality and no achievement then Eddia the eagle what have got it years ago, if it was for achievement with no personality, Steveh Davis would have , been a major contender.Truth is its somewhere between the two and also related to how popular the sport is, personality and achievementway and beyond is the criteria for me So Wiggins, Farah and Simmonds are my faves , would particularly love to see Ellie Simmonds win it most but I do think Wiggins has achieved more than anyone this year. He briefly became the most successful British olympian of all time, the only reason he hasnt got more medals than Hoy,(ie just two medals more out of the last two olympis which would have been a gimme) is cos he has devoted most of his time over the last few years to achieveing something much harder and more momentous, the tour de france, An achievement unthinkable for a brit before he came along and in the biggest and possibly the hardest anual sporting event in the world. To achieve that and olympic gold in the same year may probably never happen again in my life time

Newcastle and Gateshead

the good news, they have decided this year to extend it from 10 to 12......

so with the 10 I have picked so far... I would add Ian Poulter, and Kath Grainger....

Pick 12.5 would have been a horse... Frankel......

I wouldn't be surprise if it does end up on the list.....

By *ucky_LadsCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Kidderminster+ surrounding areas.

can keep picking and sorting names for the top 10 forever!.

no contest for number 1 name:bradley wiggins,the first briton to win the tour de france.

won 3 continental stage races this year in his build up to the tour de france and he got another olympic gold to add to his olympic this year too on home ground.

"Andy murray was on court for nearly 6 hrs mo farrah although he was brill was on track for 15mins only one winner in my eyes but we all have dif opinions and wen comes down to it they wer all winners "
I think you will find that Mo Farrah ran the 10,000m on the 1st saturday wich is 6.2 miles at a speed wich is unbelievable! Then had to qualify midweek for the 5,000 metres final and run the final the following saturday! Was a little longer than 15 minutes. thought Andy Murray was on another planet when he beat Federah in the final though definetly turning point in his career.

Frankel

Think you have covered the only choices there Fabio. For me it's a toss up between David Weir and Bradley Wiggins. Weir just edges it for me

By *nnie2009Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

ellie simmonds...........a local girl

I think in order of merit in my eyes

Mo Farah

Bradley Wiggins

Jess Ennis

Been a great loads more worthy candidates but they edge it for me.

"can keep picking and sorting names for the top 10 forever!.

no contest for number 1 name:bradley wiggins,the first briton to win the tour de france.

won 3 continental stage races this year in his build up to the tour de france and he got another olympic gold to add to his olympic this year too on home ground. "

Wiggins for me too, especially after the recent events surrounding Armstrong. Cycling needs some good vibes and Wiggins gives it that.

Very hard year to choose from though: Murray for his Gold, Farah for his double gold, Pendleton for her amazing performance, Ennis for her heptathlete gold. So many great Olympians this year well deserving of SPotY, but Wiggins edges it I think.

Jess Ennis..............she is so hot!

Joey Barton

By *ucky_LadsCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Kidderminster+ surrounding areas.

"Andy murray was on court for nearly 6 hrs mo farrah although he was brill was on track for 15mins only one winner in my eyes but we all have dif opinions and wen comes down to it they wer all winners "

bradley wiggins took 3 weeks and covered 2,500 miles to win the tour de france,he would have done it a bit quicker but going over the alps & the pyrenees slowed him down a tad as they are both big mountain ranges.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

24 hours.........

Newcastle and Gateshead

"24 hours........."

sush.. i was going to start a new thread while the show was on tomorrow... after lots of ermming and armmmming.. i can come up with my top 3...

i'll reveal tomorrow....

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"24 hours.........

sush.. i was going to start a new thread while the show was on tomorrow... after lots of ermming and armmmming.. i can come up with my top 3...

i'll reveal tomorrow...."

I cant wait and I am not a particular sports fan.... but what a year

"24 hours.........

i'll reveal tomorrow....

I cant wait and I am not a particular sports fan.... but what a year"

I have never watched it but have been planning to this year - my year of sports. I may miss it though.

Southwick

Is this about personality or achievement?

"Is this about personality or achievement?"

Given the way the great British public vote in other things...who knows?

wiggins for me

Southwick

"Is this about personality or achievement?

Given the way the great British public vote in other things...who knows?

wiggins for me"

I'm with you on that but Mo Farrah could do it.

By *insfordcoupleCouple  over a year ago

winsford cheshire

Andy murray

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"24 hours.........

i'll reveal tomorrow...."

hurry up then, I am all set with a bag of wine gums, glass of Vimto and a pee bowl so I don't miss a moment

Newcastle and Gateshead

okay... my 1,2,3 would be Wiggins, Murray, Farrah......

right... off to macdonalds.. get some takaway and be back!! lol

I'm stopping in to watch it. This is bonkers. I'm really looking forward to Seb Coe getting a lietime achievement award.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

here we go.....

By *nJ_NW_cplCouple  over a year ago

wirral

1. Wiggins

2. Ennis

3. Farah

Do they always hold it somewhere so big?

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Do they always hold it somewhere so big?"

they have done in the last few years... i think it is great they have the public in as well....

"Do they always hold it somewhere so big?

they have done in the last few years... i think it is great they have the public in as well...."

It's great that there is a whole section of Games Makers there.

I'm enjoying the Olympic clips compilation.

in Lancashire

Simmonds

Wiggins

Mo

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Simmonds

Farah

Murray

By *awkeye and HotlipsCouple  over a year ago

Takeley

Wiggo, Ennis, Wier.

Wiggins

Simmonds

Ennis

And, as an aside, I am getting rather worried. I am finding Claire Balding rather sexy tonight.

I shall go and have a large GnT and a lie down and hope it passes.....

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

very moving

Newcastle and Gateshead

i said to myself i wouldn't well up but that VT about martine wright got to me and now i am crying....

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"i said to myself i wouldn't well up but that VT about martine wright got to me and now i am crying...."

By *ashful BazMan  over a year ago

poole dorset

Fair play to the BBC even got a Northern Soul track in on the act,

Turning My Heart Beat Up.

I'm crying just seeing Steve Redgrave with moist eyes.

I want to vote for Clare Balding. She has made the whole sporty thing for me this year. Her radio series on cricket was interesting. She was both the Olympics and Paralympics. I hope she gets Dame'd.

"i said to myself i wouldn't well up but that VT about martine wright got to me and now i am crying....

"

Finding myself getting all emotional again... Just like earlier ths summer!

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

it is great with no adverts...

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Nicola Adams is just fab

in Lancashire

"I want to vote for Clare Balding. She has made the whole sporty thing for me this year. Her radio series on cricket was interesting. She was both the Olympics and Paralympics. I hope she gets Dame'd."

I would think she may have been Dame'd allready..

or ladied..

"Nicola Adams is just fab"

She's my favourite.

By *am123Man  over a year ago

essex chelmsford

isnt that on rite now

"I want to vote for Clare Balding. She has made the whole sporty thing for me this year. Her radio series on cricket was interesting. She was both the Olympics and Paralympics. I hope she gets Dame'd.

or ladied..

"

I think she comes from a gentried family but I don't think she's been honoured more than possibly an OBE.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

wow jessica ennis looks yummy!!!!

in Lancashire

Watching Mo again had that tingly feeling..

awesome..

such great memories..

Wiggins ,murray and hoy ,and I'd give Jessica Ennis one

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I want to vote for Clare Balding. She has made the whole sporty thing for me this year. Her radio series on cricket was interesting. She was both the Olympics and Paralympics. I hope she gets Dame'd.

or ladied..

I think she comes from a gentried family but I don't think she's been honoured more than possibly an OBE."

psst... I think he is referring to here "sexual preference"....

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Bearded Guy

"wow jessica ennis looks yummy!!!! "

I was just going to start a thread, saying that.

HOT!! Her arse in that dress...

or ladied..

I think she comes from a gentried family but I don't think she's been honoured more than possibly an OBE.

psst... I think he is referring to here "sexual preference".... "

I'm too naive for the forums.

I like the fact that Clare Balding is a high profile lesbian.

in Lancashire

or ladied..

psst... I think he is referring to here "sexual preference".... "

Fabio,

how very dare you insinuate that i would make a flippant sexual inuendo about Clare..

if only she swung both ways..

I'd vote Mo number one just from the emotion I feel everytime I see the replays of him winning!

Mo

Brad

Jess

But to be honest, I think this year has the strongest line up ever as all three could and sholud win.

Newcastle and Gateshead

i hear that is it now against the law to mock "our claire"

treason.....

but yes, i know what you mean, she is looking fanciable this evening...

"I'd vote Mo number one just from the emotion I feel everytime I see the replays of him winning!

Mo

Brad

Jess

But to be honest, I think this year has the strongest line up ever as all three could and sholud win. "

He's made me cry again. All three actually have great public personalities too. I understand personality has been missing from some previous winners of this award.

"I'd vote Mo number one just from the emotion I feel everytime I see the replays of him winning!

Mo

Brad

Jess

But to be honest, I think this year has the strongest line up ever as all three could and sholud win.

He's made me cry again. All three actually have great public personalities too. I understand personality has been missing from some previous winners of this award."

Yes... Mark Cavendish for one!

Mo

Brad

Jess

He's made me cry again. All three actually have great public personalities too. I understand personality has been missing from some previous winners of this award.

Yes... Mark Cavendish for one!"

He was the guy at the beginning?

Now I want David Weir to be joint winner with Mo.

in Lancashire

Now thats spooky, just voted for Ellie Simmonds and Clare Balding answered..

how do they do that...

Been sat trying to get BBC1 tuned in on tv,,, just remembered BBC iplayer on pc,,Doh!!

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I am changing my winner by the minute...

part of me wants a young winner, then I think they can go on and win more....

I still think Simmonds tho.. a young poster girl with huge pressure and school work to contend with

Bookies are still showing

1 Brad

2 Jess

3 Mo

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

this is going to be moving.......

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

Jessica Ennis gets my vote - all the rest are fabulous but Jessica has to excel in 7 events to get to the top of her game so for me that's a winner

What an intro for Seb Coe - it couldn't be done!

And the winner is - Idris Elba's trouser snake.

What a magnificent specimen but wrong choice of trousers!!!

"And the winner is - Idris Elba's trouser snake.

What a magnificent specimen but wrong choice of trousers!!!"

That was Wallace and Grommit - I enjoyed Idris Elba's trouser choice.

"That was Wallace and Grommit - I enjoyed Idris Elba's trouser choice."

I'm bloody glad I wasn't watching in 3D, it would have taken my eye out.

wirral

Not even a mention of alex zanardi.

"Not even a mention of alex zanardi. "

I know. I found him very inspirational, having never heard of him before this summer.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Beckham is a star

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Not even a mention of alex zanardi. "

have to admit.. he would have been the choice for me as overseas sports personality... joint between him and david radisha

I can't believe what a transformation in feelings I have had about Seb Coe over the last 8 years. It is so well deserved, he has worked non-stop for the last nine years on this one task. He drove it all and was funny and kind and stubborn and flexible all at the same time.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

here we go..... the TOP 3

wirral

Gotta be wiggo xxxx

"here we go..... the TOP 3"

Did they have one out there for Andy just in case?

Ennis second.

[Removed by poster at 16/12/12 22:27:41]

wirral

Get in there xxx

I love Wiggins' outfit. I'm a little sad Mo didn't make the top three.

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

What a magnificent specimen but wrong choice of trousers!!!"

Shit! I missed it

Any re-runs??

"I love Wiggins' outfit. I'm a little sad Mo didn't make the top three."

Absolutely. Mo's feat was the greatest but as discussed, it's also about personality and Wiggo is great value.

wirral

Shit! I missed it

Any re-runs??"

Prob be on youporn lol

Shit! I missed it

Any re-runs??"

Watch it again on i-player

Shit! I missed it

Any re-runs??

"

Good idea, never used iplayer - can you fast forward?

Shit! I missed it

Any re-runs??

Good idea, never used iplayer - can you fast forward? "

Yep

Shit! I missed it

Any re-runs??"

I'm just re-winding to see it again. I may pause just to try and work out the exact dimensions.

Shit! I missed it

Any re-runs??

I'm just re-winding to see it again. I may pause just to try and work out the exact dimensions."

I'm rewinding for Jessica Ennis's arse

Shit! I missed it

Any re-runs??

Good idea, never used iplayer - can you fast forward?

Yep

"

I shall look forward to it

Newcastle and Gateshead

well done to the top 3..... and they do so deserve it, but i feel so sorry for mo farrah...

he did so much so the summer of sport and those two great saturday nights at the olmypic stadium

"well done to the top 3..... and they do so deserve it, but i feel so sorry for mo farrah...

he did so much so the summer of sport and those two great saturday nights at the olmypic stadium"

Fingers crossed for the NY Honours List then for Mo.

By *roggMan  over a year ago

haverfordwest

"well done to the top 3..... and they do so deserve it, but i feel so sorry for mo farrah...

he did so much so the summer of sport and those two great saturday nights at the olmypic stadium"

one of those years when many could have been deserving winners of this award

he did so much so the summer of sport and those two great saturday nights at the olmypic stadium

one of those years when many could have been deserving winners of this award"

Mo and Nicky Rule OK and they dont ride a bike

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

"I love Wiggins' outfit. I'm a little sad Mo didn't make the top three.

Absolutely. Mo's feat was the greatest but as discussed, it's also about personality and Wiggo is great value."

If personality is the case, how the hell did Murray manage the top 3????

By *heCrowAndButterflyCouple  over a year ago

Rushden

"I love Wiggins' outfit. I'm a little sad Mo didn't make the top three.

Absolutely. Mo's feat was the greatest but as discussed, it's also about personality and Wiggo is great value."

Wiggo definately value on personality alone, did anyone watch his inter_iew with Jon Inverdale on the red button, so funny! As for his sporting achievements I'm biased personally, but think his is the biggest as for each sport there can only be one first British winner of their biggest event! And this year he achieved that well done Sir Bradley Marc Wiggins! What odds in that in the new year honours??

» Add a new message to this topic