FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > legoland advice

legoland advice

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *layfullsam OP   Man  over a year ago

Solihull

havnt been for years and off in a few weekends time wondering if anyone has advice on whats not to miss and whats worth avoiding ? taking an 8yo and 13yo

also which hotel is better the madjeski hotel or the holiday inn reading south

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not been I a long time dude BUT if you see a Lego set 10179 in the shop let me know

You might have better luck asking the same questions on Trip adviser?

only thing id say about legoland is get out a loan.

the place is very expensive.

but enjoy it.

Solihull

"You might have better luck asking the same questions on Trip adviser?"
thanks for the advice, but i know fab wont let me down unless swingers are banned from legoland ?

Went a couple years ago and kids loved it. Want to go on the Viking water ride, the log flume and the dragon coaster. Is expensive but they have an all you can eat pizza and pasta place there, so go there for food. And have to see the live stage shows, well worth watching. Hope you and the kids enjoy.

Went a few months back...expect to que for an hour on the big rides...take your own food,very expensive in there...then when you drive out of car park,they demand £2 parking fee.

Solihull

demand money on the way out for parking that cant be right are you sure there not chancers ?!!

heard theres a qbot thing to book rides without having to wait in line

"demand money on the way out for parking that cant be right are you sure there not chancers ?!!

heard theres a qbot thing to book rides without having to wait in line"

Yep..£2..parking...things i did enjoy,were the live show...model village and a beautiful veiw of Windsor castle and the london sky line.

The qbot things are good but very expensive and you need to have for each person

Solihull

"The qbot things are good but very expensive and you need to have for each person "
thanks someones given me the great idea of not prebooking it and deciding on the day when see how bad the lines are

"Went a few months back...expect to que for an hour on the big rides...take your own food,very expensive in there...then when you drive out of car park,they demand £2 parking fee."

Lol we had the £2 car park bit as we walked out of Chessington a few weeks back.

We came by bus

"only thing id say about legoland is get out a loan.

but enjoy it."

I have a ton of Lego from my childhood.

Could afford to build a house or maybe build it out of lego!

Solihull

"Went a few months back...expect to que for an hour on the big rides...take your own food,very expensive in there...then when you drive out of car park,they demand £2 parking fee.

Lol we had the £2 car park bit as we walked out of Chessington a few weeks back.

We came by bus "

are you sure its not chancers in a hired official looking suit and peeked cap on a scam ?!

but enjoy it.

Could afford to build a house or maybe build it out of lego! "

We if you want to sell any of it please let me know

My two little ones are getting into Lego but im finding it so expensive to buy new

Solihull

but enjoy it.

My two little ones are getting into Lego but im finding it so expensive to buy new "

i know what you mean ive been looking at ebay to bulk buy used bits as my lad likes to use imagination and build what he wants so no need for specific kits

"Went a few months back...expect to que for an hour on the big rides...take your own food,very expensive in there...then when you drive out of car park,they demand £2 parking fee.

We came by bus are you sure its not chancers in a hired official looking suit and peeked cap on a scam ?! "

Nope it was the girls on the gates that take your tickets to go in. they also give you tickets to go in the barrier thing to go out.

She didnt know what to say when we told her to ask the bus driver..... it was a London bus

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Take a load of cash....extortionate prices...have a lovely time xx

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

"Went a few months back...expect to que for an hour on the big rides...take your own food,very expensive in there...then when you drive out of car park,they demand £2 parking fee."

Think saw that Thorpe Park amongst others also levying a parking charge too

but enjoy it.

My two little ones are getting into Lego but im finding it so expensive to buy new "

I'm sure it's got smaller? Even the kids ask us to click bricks together as it's so small

Solihull

"Take a load of cash....extortionate prices...have a lovely time xx"
trust you to be so cheerfull lol

Solihull

but enjoy it.

My two little ones are getting into Lego but im finding it so expensive to buy new

I'm sure it's got smaller? Even the kids ask us to click bricks together as it's so small"

i am sure its smaller but then my hands are twice as big now lol

By *abloBackMan  over a year ago

London

When you enter legoland turn to the right, there is a little path that takes you to the Viking rapids from the the spider roundabout thing and then a couple of pirate ship type rides. The pirate falls log flume is good, you will get very wet don't bother with the roller coaster in the castle (think its called the dragon) its rubbish not worth waiting for.

There is a new nautilus type ride might be called Poseidon or something on the far side of the park. That is all the rage at the moment. Qbots might be a good idea if it's busy but if you get there for when the gates open you can do most before it gets too busy

As for hotels you might be better off looking around Heathrow or Windsor as its still a slap from reading.

And it is £2 for parking on the way out unless you have an upgraded ticket or pass (like me )

Also not too far from there to Thorpe park

Solihull

"When you enter legoland turn to the right, there is a little path that takes you to the Viking rapids from the the spider roundabout thing and then a couple of pirate ship type rides. The pirate falls log flume is good, you will get very wet don't bother with the roller coaster in the castle (think its called the dragon) its rubbish not worth waiting for.

There is a new nautilus type ride might be called Poseidon or something on the far side of the park. That is all the rage at the moment. Qbots might be a good idea if it's busy but if you get there for when the gates open you can do most before it gets too busy

As for hotels you might be better off looking around Heathrow or Windsor as its still a slap from reading.

And it is £2 for parking on the way out unless you have an upgraded ticket or pass (like me )

Also not too far from there to Thorpe park"

cheers pablo. appreciated

Madjeski is the better of the two hotels.

Went last year and on the whole or was ok. As your going later in the year ques should be ok.

Qbot was very expensive, and whilst it does help, it doesnt work for all rides. And you still have to do something with your time, as you won't want to que elsewhere and miss your slot.

It is pricey but all places are now. The driving school is fun, and male sure you het their licences done for a momento.

Enjoy

"Not been I a long time dude BUT if you see a Lego set 10179 in the shop let me know "

You're not gonna stop till you get it are,ya ?

"Not been I a long time dude BUT if you see a Lego set 10179 in the shop let me know

You're not gonna stop till you get it are,ya ? "

We'll no, I realy want it, a friend just been and showed me a photo and it's in one of them but that have it coming in to land .. Bummer

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

The parking fee is legit, if somewhat unfair given the cost of the place.

There are adult and 1 child free vouchers still knocking around (I've got about 6 going to waste).

You may need to plan your route as you queue to get in. The 8 year old may not be tall enough for some of the rides that the 13 year old can get on. If it's just you and two children there will also be somethings that you can't all be on together. The 13 year old will be allowed on their own.

I found the kids didn't want to wait for the show but it was the thing they liked best of all in the end. It's also worth building in some time to just play with the Lego in the build/explore/whatever it's called centre. I didn't allow enough time for this and I am still hearing about it.

My final tip is to choose ONE shop and not allow them into all of them. I was very poor at the end of the day, as well as being exhausted.

Travelodge at Windsor or Slough are very handy for the bus station/ train station. Easier getting a bus than driving.

Some people have said to start at the back of the park (furthest from the entrance) and work your way back up to the entrance.

It's not that expensive if you take food in pizza all you can eat buffet is great value. Pirate show is good, although they might be a bit old for that.

Car parking charges are true, same at all Merlin theme parks we've been to.

Have a brilliant time!

i wouldnt go again!! too many people to much time waitin for rides that r rubbish!!! if ur kids like rides i would do chesington or thorpe park

» Add a new message to this topic