FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Don't tell the bride

Don't tell the bride

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *isscheekychops OP   Woman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I am watching it and thinking how bad my wedding was... I did not have a dress, a hen night or a wedding cake.. I got married in Denmark for £50 in the town hall.. Had my reception at my mum and dad's friend house.. My dad caught my ex husband dad saying to him he was wrong to of got married I am only after a green card and don't spend any money on her..

We did not have sex on our wedding night because his sister kept on knocking on the door along with his mother... I am glad I never spent £10's of thounds of pounds on it.

I sometimes wish I never got married...

What was your wedding like?? Would you change any of it???

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Looking back - the best idea would probably have been to marry one of the bridesmaids rather than the bride!

I've never been married. It's not something high up on my list of things I want to do.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

not been married (or even asked yet ) but if i was to have a wedding i woudnt want to spend massive amounts of money on it.

i watch some of these programmes where people spend huge wads of cash on weddings and just think....why!!!

a nice venue in the country that can do everything, important friends and family (not ones i only see at funerals and weddings) a cheesy disco and cheap drinks....perfick

"Looking back - the best idea would probably have been to marry one of the bridesmaids rather than the bride! "

Trust me you would of not wanted to marry his sister they were both 30 stone +....

i didnt realy want to get married at all. cant think of one good thing to say about it.

"i didnt realy want to get married at all. cant think of one good thing to say about it."

Why get married then??

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

I had the wedding my parents wanted because I wanted my dad to walk me down the aisle. My sisters had the weddings they wanted without my parents...I regret it.

Forum Mod

We went away and got married with only a handful of people with us,this was years ago before weddings abroad became so huge

It upset almost all of my very large family but I did'nt want all the stress of doing things to make everyone else happy while compromising what we wanted,some of my family still think they have been done out of a wedding even now

cried didnt want to get married then ex mother in law had ago at me because her sister wasnt on the top table it was horrible so glad l will be divorced next month

Just the two of us, at a local central London town hall, the photographer was one of the witnesses, the taxi driver who drove me there was the other whom I asked as I stepped into his cab if he would mind being a witness.

I chose the music, dress was made for me and fitted nicely. Flowers were simple yet lovely.

Then hubby spent the night before across the road in a hotel.

I still have the present I gave him, which was custom-made silver belt buckle inscribed with the date of our wedding, which I wear almost daily.

After signing the book, the two of us went for a gourmet meal at MPW's then 3-star restaurant, the Oak Room in London.

Spent a fortune on the meal, the most expensive ever, the wine alone was nearly 150 GBP, and that was back in 1997!!!

Would I change a thing? Never, as that's how I planned it.

Shame that it did not last as we grew apart, however, we remain as close friends, and he is only of the first 3 people I would ring in the event of any emergencies.

been there and done that!!

To those peeps who havent been married.....ya aint missin much!!

Definately not doing it again, living in sin is much more fun!!

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Did it once - and it was a lovely experience and yes, I would do it again. I would go for smallish and nice rather than large numbers with attention to detail. Although we later divorced, the wedding was great and we (both) still love the pictures and video. No regrets here.

Vegas baby! Vegas!

By *atinaBabeCouple  over a year ago

casa caliente

oh my wedding was lush i had limo honeymoon in nyc and big carnival party for the guest with samba girls and band lol xxx

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

My wedding was good. Mum worked hard to set it up. She never wanted me to leave home very possessive . On our anniversaries she would say you can still come back.. silly women.. WE didnt have sex the whole of the honeymoon .. too busy driving round scotland delivering cake to elderly relies of OH..LOL . That pretty much set a pattern for the rest of our life..

Our 39th is due end of month.. Dont regret those years and kids .They turned out well. Not so sure about now tho

By *uyuksno1Man  over a year ago

poole

my first one cost my parents 18000 pounds it was the whole shabam and i hated it we lasted 18 months and spent the next 10yrs trying not to kill each other got married again 17 yrs ago no dress no dinner registry office 6 special people loved it had the best day and i adore him i would do it every day the same if i woke up to those blue eyes every day marriage is great if its with the right person the rest is just dressage xx

"i didnt realy want to get married at all. cant think of one good thing to say about it.

Why get married then?? "

actualy it wasnt realy such a bad idea.

Was just thinking... I don't think of a divorce or separation as a "failed" relationship. Yes, it CAN be the end of a failed relationship and then again it could also be that the relationship has just run its course? Just a thought amongst the memories of happy and less happy wedding events

"Was just thinking... I don't think of a divorce or separation as a "failed" relationship. Yes, it CAN be the end of a failed relationship and then again it could also be that the relationship has just run its course? Just a thought amongst the memories of happy and less happy wedding events "

You are right... I am just finding it hard to get the divorce I crave...

"Was just thinking... I don't think of a divorce or separation as a "failed" relationship. Yes, it CAN be the end of a failed relationship and then again it could also be that the relationship has just run its course? Just a thought amongst the memories of happy and less happy wedding events

You are right... I am just finding it hard to get the divorce I crave... "

Bitter sweet sometimes... eh?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Quite an average wedding, i found out i had a belly full of arms and legs the day the invites went out but all i did was change dresses, so i didnt have a wedding dress as such but a maternity one. It wasnt grand but it was average. It was in the register office

My sister got married in the ice palace in finland

"i didnt realy want to get married at all. cant think of one good thing to say about it.

Why get married then?? "

A lot of women who dont get married are just as miserable though.

my sister never did, went on lots of foregn holidays, which i never did. yet she is more miserable than what i am.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"Quite an average wedding, i found out i had a belly full of arms and legs the day the invites went out but all i did was change dresses, so i didnt have a wedding dress as such but a maternity one. It wasnt grand but it was average. It was in the register office

My sister got married in the ice palace in finland"

belly full of arms and legs....reminds me of a martina cole novel lol

"Quite an average wedding, i found out i had a belly full of arms and legs the day the invites went out but all i did was change dresses, so i didnt have a wedding dress as such but a maternity one. It wasnt grand but it was average. It was in the register office

belly full of arms and legs....reminds me of a martina cole novel lol"

Ohh I love Martina Cole...

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

belly full of arms and legs....reminds me of a martina cole novel lol"

lol, thats what we say when someone is pregnant here

» Add a new message to this topic