FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > I'm the most vital ........ NO ... I'm the most vital .......

I'm the most vital ........ NO ... I'm the most vital .......

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ranny-Crumpet OP   Woman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I am now quite FED UP of workers who keep pushing themselves forwards as 'the unrecognised heroes of the pandemic' ..........

The ' I did this for you' trope is nauseating.

WE ALL WORKED.

This nation is a chain/web of workers who each depend on many others.

Without the builders no hospital. Without the colleges and teachers no nurses. Without the farmers no need for lorry drivers. Without the clubbers no need for clubs. Without the drivers no need for the car industry. Without the eaters no need for supermarkets and restaurants ..... the list goes on and on.

And to me the most important people at the 'bottom' of the heap or the 'top' of the heap , according to how you look at it is ALL OF US...... EVERYONE.

We , the consumer, all of us, keep all of YOU in jobs and you rely on so many others and so much .....

So stop asking me to 'appreciate' you as special ... you are a cog , as am I, as are we all.

Do your bloody job. Believe me it takes more than just YOU and people who do YOUR job to keep the nation going....

btw ...... well done.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *issAphroditeWoman  over a year ago

Norwich

I started to notice this when various taxi forms and pizza companies were offering discounts and freebies to NHS staff - you could do the countdown for the "What about me" comments on their social media posts.

I get that nobody likes feeling unappreciated and if they do, it's a reflection of our economic and political system, so they'd be better off jpiningba trade union and lobbying politicians for change, not making bitter comments on Facebook when a company offered a discount that they weren't obliged to.

By *igmaMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

What about traffic wardens?

King's Crustacean

"What about traffic wardens?"

Without the Traffic Wardens, no blood busting anxiety for the drivers, no heart attack pills made , medical industry goes down...

Every species has it's bottom feeders

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Have to add, dont need the government. Lets face it, they have all disappaerred at points during pandemic and werent really missed, apart from from someone to give stick to lol x

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I don't work I only consume. Without me...nothing. I am top of the pile

King's Crustacean

"I don't work I only consume. Without me...nothing. I am top of the pile "

Untrue. I considered unemployed people who are consumers but even so a lot of people who say 'i don't work' fail to recognise the unpaid work they do that keeps life ticking over for everyone.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I don't work I only consume. Without me...nothing. I am top of the pile

Untrue. I considered unemployed people who are consumers but even so a lot of people who say 'i don't work' fail to recognise the unpaid work they do that keeps life ticking over for everyone."

Damn! So I'm not one of the most important people in the country? I imagined my neighbours banging saucepans on a Thursday night and everything.

By *HaRiFMan  over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

I should just be appreciated for the sake of it

King's Crustacean

"I should just be appreciated for the sake of it "

Absolutely.

By *rMojoRisinMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

"What about traffic wardens?"

They didn’t work!

Beyond the shadows.

"I should just be appreciated for the sake of it

Absolutely. "

can I have a 15% discount off your crumpets then ?

By *usman 199Man  over a year ago

Stockport

As you have said we are just doing our job. Long as we get payed you just crack on

King's Crustacean

Absolutely.

can I have a 15% discount off your crumpets then ? "

Goes without saying.....

Beyond the shadows.

Absolutely.

can I have a 15% discount off your crumpets then ?

Goes without saying..... "

I should have known you'd look after me

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

Untrue. I considered unemployed people who are consumers but even so a lot of people who say 'i don't work' fail to recognise the unpaid work they do that keeps life ticking over for everyone."

If I was paid for what I do voluntarily I'd be quite comfortable.

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

"I am now quite FED UP of workers who keep pushing themselves forwards as 'the unrecognised heroes of the pandemic' ..........

The ' I did this for you' trope is nauseating.

WE ALL WORKED.

This nation is a chain/web of workers who each depend on many others.

Without the builders no hospital. Without the colleges and teachers no nurses. Without the farmers no need for lorry drivers. Without the clubbers no need for clubs. Without the drivers no need for the car industry. Without the eaters no need for supermarkets and restaurants ..... the list goes on and on.

And to me the most important people at the 'bottom' of the heap or the 'top' of the heap , according to how you look at it is ALL OF US...... EVERYONE.

We , the consumer, all of us, keep all of YOU in jobs and you rely on so many others and so much .....

So stop asking me to 'appreciate' you as special ... you are a cog , as am I, as are we all.

Do your bloody job. Believe me it takes more than just YOU and people who do YOUR job to keep the nation going....

btw ...... well done."

I use a well known business platform to network and drum up interest in my business. The look at me, look what I have done posts drain the life out of me and are prevalent all over the site especially when lockdown started.

Posts such as: "I was cabin crew now I'm working in a supermarket keeping the countries shelves stocked and the doctors fed. I am so proud to have made the step from a career with amazing potential, to help the nation at its time of need".

This would be accompanied with a photo of said person dressed in airline uniform in a business class suite on a plane. The next photo is them in supermarket uniform, holding their supermarket ID and looking smug.

It would get 1000's of likes and responses boosting their already over inflated egos.

I did wonder what their work mates thought of them taking such a bold step down to the slums where they had been working without recognition for years.

Meanwhile, 99.9% of the country went about their daily business as usual

By *l MateMan  over a year ago

Sheffield Centre

During lockdown you could see how important HGV drivers, postal workers, taxi drivers, couriers, bin men and people working in food retail were.

I have friends and family in the NHS and think they do amazing work. I didn't see anyone clapping for the bin men preventing rat infestation.

King's Crustacean

Heard a bloke on the radio before say he was a pilot and then got made redundant due to pandemic effects. He trained for and is now a lorry driver. I think that's commendable ..... just don't start telling me that the world will fall apart without you.

King's Crustacean

"During lockdown you could see how important HGV drivers, postal workers, taxi drivers, couriers, bin men and people working in food retail were.

I have friends and family in the NHS and think they do amazing work. I didn't see anyone clapping for the bin men preventing rat infestation."

I do respect and admire my bin men .... but if one of them says i'm emptying this bin for you ..... i'd lose repsect . They empty the bins for a salary.

I am glad that some sections of Britains workforce got recognition at last but ffs...... don't get carried away with the hype.......

King's Crustacean

Untrue. I considered unemployed people who are consumers but even so a lot of people who say 'i don't work' fail to recognise the unpaid work they do that keeps life ticking over for everyone.

If I was paid for what I do voluntarily I'd be quite comfortable.

"

Funny how quickly people forget. I saw an ambulance driver queuing in the street to buy his lunch in a line filled with the "low fat soy gluten free mocha choca latte brigade" No one thought to let him go first yet they were banging pots for the NHS last year.

King's Crustacean

I never held with the banging of pots though I did join in once or twice.......

I was totally non plussed like many others ....... wtf

Still you gotta love a bit of jingoism

By *igmaMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

"What about traffic wardens?

Without the Traffic Wardens, no blood busting anxiety for the drivers, no heart attack pills made , medical industry goes down...

Every species has it's bottom feeders "

True

Burglars and shoplifters were hit pretty hard too!!

King's Crustacean

God help them. Normal service resumes for burglars soon but it's becoming very expensive to shop lift these days. Prices are rising.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I am the IT guy for a school, and to be honest, I am so happy that I could still go to work every day. It would have been horrible to be at home all day.

Cal

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

"I never held with the banging of pots though I did join in once or twice.......

I was totally non plussed like many others ....... wtf

Still you gotta love a bit of jingoism"

I only bang pots to ring in the new year.

King's Crustacean

"I am the IT guy for a school, and to be honest, I am so happy that I could still go to work every day. It would have been horrible to be at home all day.

Cal"

Respect! Less students in though.

I like the title I.T. Guy...... sounds like a superhero or comedy prog....

Simon Pye the I.T. Guy ......

Write that sit com .....now !

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

In my opinion the pandemic isn’t over until I can go back to treating people in the service industry like shit instead of like hero’s

Get back on the tills Sandra no one gives a fuck

By *andsome HandMan  over a year ago

roundabout

Go on Granny, get it outta ya girl

King's Crustacean

"Go on Granny, get it outta ya girl "

It's out. I valued people before the pandemic and I still value them but everyone's effort matters. I don't need telling a bitter soul that they are undervalued and I should be grateful. I'm glad I live in a techno society and get fed and get kept healthy.

Next I'll be told that the washerettes being open kept the nation going single handed.

agree with the opening post

like when shops started saying 15% off for nhs staff like theres all sorts of nhs staff drs nurses admin staff accountants cleaners receptionists etc like theres all sorts of people doing exactly the same types of jobs in other firms not getting discounts i dont get the discounts but im a cog in the wheel that keeps everything going

spot on

By *andsome HandMan  over a year ago

roundabout

"Go on Granny, get it outta ya girl

It's out. I valued people before the pandemic and I still value them but everyone's effort matters. I don't need telling a bitter soul that they are undervalued and I should be grateful. I'm glad I live in a techno society and get fed and get kept healthy.

Next I'll be told that the washerettes being open kept the nation going single handed."

You're not wrong. I valued people before the pandemic and will continue to.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"I am the IT guy for a school, and to be honest, I am so happy that I could still go to work every day. It would have been horrible to be at home all day.

Cal

Respect! Less students in though.

I like the title I.T. Guy...... sounds like a superhero or comedy prog....

Simon Pye the I.T. Guy ......

Write that sit com .....now !"

It's no sit-com, that's just my life.

Although there was less kids in school, they were all on computers all day... plus I had to support the home computers of all the staff and students too.

Cal

King's Crustacean

Are you going all out to be the most vital or are you joining us cogs ?

By *batMan  over a year ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

"What about traffic wardens?

Every species has it's bottom feeders "

OR .....

Clogged roads because people just park anywhere they like for however long they like.

OR .....

No free parking spaces are they are continually blocked by people who leave their cars there for days on end.

Every forum post has it's casual discriminator.

Gbat

By *jorkishMan  over a year ago

Seaforth

As a nurse I hated the clapping blah blah so patronising. Made me sick tbh. I just thought a lot of them clapping now are those that abuse nurses and doctors in a and e. Not just verbally abuse either - Physical assaults too. Doesn't just happen in a and e either. Once this is over and things go back to normal, nurses and doctors will be back in the position going into work wondering whether today/tonight they are going to be verbally abused, spat at, punched, kicked, racially abused or have homophobic abuse going at them

» Add a new message to this topic