FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Traveling a distance dilemma....

Traveling a distance dilemma....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *mileTogether69 OP   Man  over a year ago

Brighton

Hey,

On a previous feed someone talked about striking up conversions first . This in lockdown all we could do near enough .For many accepting friendships and chats from those over distance more than they would normally.

This in mind now we're out of lockdown and confidence returning to meet is higher.

Would it be a dissapointment to travel a distance to finally meet then decide NOT to have naughty fun ?

Hhhmmm

More importantly would break the chat and friendship ?

Double hhhhmmm?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's always a bad idea to go to any meet with a new partner with the expectation of playing. That can only ever lead to disappointment and maybe even frustration at the other party.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"Hey,

On a previous feed someone talked about striking up conversions first . This in lockdown all we could do near enough .For many accepting friendships and chats from those over distance more than they would normally.

This in mind now we're out of lockdown and confidence returning to meet is higher.

Would it be a dissapointment to travel a distance to finally meet then decide NOT to have naughty fun ?

Hhhmmm

More importantly would break the chat and friendship ?

Double hhhhmmm?"

Depends in your expectations and attitudes to platonic friendships in the swinging community I guess.

Nothing is ever guaranteed no matter how long you've been chatting or how far you travel.

Good question OP.

I guess it comes down to expectations from both parties.

I am always happy to travel to have a social. I like going to new places though.

I expect nothing from that but I always hope that I will at least of made a good friend.

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

I wouldn't let anyone travel too far to meet me, I wouldn't want it to be awkward of there was then no attraction and one of use decided we didn't want to go further.

Or for them to expect more becuae they've travelled.

By *rMojoRisinMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

"I wouldn't let anyone travel too far to meet me, I wouldn't want it to be awkward of there was then no attraction and one of use decided we didn't want to go further.

Or for them to expect more becuae they've travelled. "

This ^^^

When travelling I don’t expect sex or anything I am just happy with a good night out and good company

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

We have quite a few people saying they're happy to travel very long distances to to meet us. Scotland being the furthest I think. They insist that they would be happy just to meet socially and they enjoy weekends away. While we have no reason to disbelieve them we always say no. One man suggested he could stay in the area and we could show him round and a couple thought it would be a good idea if they stayed with us although they magnanimously said they'd get a hotel if they didn't like us

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

And this is why I don’t travel or want anyone to travel any distance to meet me. I have zero expectation and expect the same in return. On the rare occasions I’ve met people it’s been socially to simply see how they are in the flesh. Nothing more.

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"And this is why I don’t travel or want anyone to travel any distance to meet me. I have zero expectation and expect the same in return. On the rare occasions I’ve met people it’s been socially to simply see how they are in the flesh. Nothing more. "

Definitely this. I travel a lot anyway so I will meet people socially if I’m in that area but wouldn’t expect anyone to travel to me or me travel to them. Within an hour for me is enough.

By *ink Panther.Woman  over a year ago

Preston

"We have quite a few people saying they're happy to travel very long distances to to meet us. Scotland being the furthest I think. They insist that they would be happy just to meet socially and they enjoy weekends away. While we have no reason to disbelieve them we always say no. One man suggested he could stay in the area and we could show him round and a couple thought it would be a good idea if they stayed with us although they magnanimously said they'd get a hotel if they didn't like us "

Omg that’s hilarious, clearly assuming they’d be irresistible, nothing wrong with their confidence

By *ink Panther.Woman  over a year ago

Preston

Distance is fine until a relationship develops or you want to meet regularly. It’s not easy speaking from experience. Swing and I have been doing it for 4 years. I’d advise caution depending on your circumstances

I don't think so but I never have expectations of anyone I meet that we will have sex. I wouldn't want them to either. Sex isn't guaranteed just because you've met someone no matter how far you've travelled.

Brighton

"We have quite a few people saying they're happy to travel very long distances to to meet us. Scotland being the furthest I think. They insist that they would be happy just to meet socially and they enjoy weekends away. While we have no reason to disbelieve them we always say no. One man suggested he could stay in the area and we could show him round and a couple thought it would be a good idea if they stayed with us although they magnanimously said they'd get a hotel if they didn't like us "
Hugh?? they actually said that? " MAGNANIMOUSLY would get hotel if they did,nt like you ".... criiiipes what a thing to say .ha ha ..

Brighton

"And this is why I don’t travel or want anyone to travel any distance to meet me. I have zero expectation and expect the same in return. On the rare occasions I’ve met people it’s been socially to simply see how they are in the flesh. Nothing more. "

Brighton

Now there's a great profile name..!!

"MAGNANIMOUSLY" fun male wishing to meet...!

Ha ha

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"We have quite a few people saying they're happy to travel very long distances to to meet us. Scotland being the furthest I think. They insist that they would be happy just to meet socially and they enjoy weekends away. While we have no reason to disbelieve them we always say no. One man suggested he could stay in the area and we could show him round and a couple thought it would be a good idea if they stayed with us although they magnanimously said they'd get a hotel if they didn't like us Hugh?? they actually said that? " MAGNANIMOUSLY would get hotel if they did,nt like you ".... criiiipes what a thing to say .ha ha .. "

They didn't say magnanimously I added that as a touch of sarcasm.

I mean I know we live in a holiday destination and all but...

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

We travel a good distance but never leave home thinking we will play always have a mindset of going for a good time sex is only a little part of that be social and meeting people is what's import.

By *haron1701DTV/TS  over a year ago

Ormskirk

Try travelling over a 100miles on a motorbike in heavy rain for a non sexual preliminary meet...

Just to have the other party message you to say they've changed their mind, as you sit there at the agreed location - soaked through to the skin and freezing cold.

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I tie in my travelling with a weekend away near places I want to go and visit and have a social with him first, then we can move onto more if we like each other, same if people I like are coming down here anyway we can have a social and see what happens

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

I don't mind travelling to people I've been chatting to a good while. No expectation of more than a good night out. I bloody love hotels, which helps.

I'd be really uncomfortable with someone I didn't know particularly well travelling a great distance to meet me because I wouldn't want to feel under any sort of obligation.

If it's someone I've spoken to for a long while and struck up a good understanding with, then as long as they were clear it was a social, bring it on!

» Add a new message to this topic