FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Nevermind

Nevermind

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So the iconic baby featured on the Nirvana "Nevermind" album cover is suing the band for sexual exploitation. Any thoughts?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

He must have ran out of money

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

All offended all of a sudden. Hmmmmmm

By *ed VoluptaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral.

"So the iconic baby featured on the Nirvana "Nevermind" album cover is suing the band for sexual exploitation. Any thoughts? "

That people will sue at the drop of a hat, these days

By *aysOfOurLivesCouple  over a year ago

Chigwell

Apparently he didn’t make any money from that photo (nor did his parents give permission for its use) so he does have a point on claiming royalties I guess. As for the actual offence he’s claiming for… under us law, no offence occurred because he was too young for it to count (rediculous).

However, he has since made a number of amici “recreations” prior to making a complaint about the original which leads me to think he was perfectly happy with the original and that this is more of an opportunistic money-grab than genuine attempt to “clean these dirty streets” of this kind of imagery.

By *aysOfOurLivesCouple  over a year ago

Chigwell

^ *anniversary recreations

By *ed VoluptaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral.

"Apparently he didn’t make any money from that photo (nor did his parents give permission for its use) so he does have a point on claiming royalties I guess. As for the actual offence he’s claiming for… under us law, no offence occurred because he was too young for it to count (rediculous).

However, he has since made a number of amici “recreations” prior to making a complaint about the original which leads me to think he was perfectly happy with the original and that this is more of an opportunistic money-grab than genuine attempt to “clean these dirty streets” of this kind of imagery. "

But how does the "sexual exploitation" element come into it? Is it just cos it's a naked baby? I'm probably being very naive here, aren't I?

By *yronMan  over a year ago

grangemouth

"Apparently he didn’t make any money from that photo (nor did his parents give permission for its use) so he does have a point on claiming royalties I guess. As for the actual offence he’s claiming for… under us law, no offence occurred because he was too young for it to count (rediculous).

However, he has since made a number of amici “recreations” prior to making a complaint about the original which leads me to think he was perfectly happy with the original and that this is more of an opportunistic money-grab than genuine attempt to “clean these dirty streets” of this kind of imagery.

But how does the "sexual exploitation" element come into it? Is it just cos it's a naked baby? I'm probably being very naive here, aren't I? "

That's basically it. His image was used and now he's suing, saying that he didn't give permission. His parents did, however and he should take it up with them.

But how does the "sexual exploitation" element come into it? Is it just cos it's a naked baby? I'm probably being very naive here, aren't I?

That's basically it. His image was used and now he's suing, saying that he didn't give permission. His parents did, however and he should take it up with them.

"

Youd think so, right?

grangemouth

Youd think so, right? "

But it gets him more fame and he can make more money out of recreating the pose, so.....

I've always found it "icky" when you see births in films and TV shows and someone has allowed their newborn baby to be naked and covered in goo for the realism.

By *r.SJMan  over a year ago

Wellingborough

It knows no bounds...

I always thought the image was saying "we are born chasing money" as the band had switched labels from the independent "Sub-pop" to "Geffen" for a vast sum of money.

grangemouth

"I've always found it "icky" when you see births in films and TV shows and someone has allowed their newborn baby to be naked and covered in goo for the realism. "

I'm like that about all medical procedures on TV: it's intensely private and stuff can go wrong very quickly. It's a moment in people's lives that most would like to forget, not have coming up on YouTube for years to come.

But how does the "sexual exploitation" element come into it? Is it just cos it's a naked baby? I'm probably being very naive here, aren't I? "

I would assume its the naked thing.

» Add a new message to this topic