FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Do you still get excited?

Do you still get excited?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

When arranging a meet/date?

Or do you think "eh, I'll schedule it but I'm not gonna get excited until I'm actually there and can see him/her" because there's a 99.99999999% chance you'll get cancelled on/ghosted/stood up anyway?

I'm definitely the latter at the moment

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *asual777Man  over a year ago

i travel all over

"When arranging a meet/date?

Or do you think "eh, I'll schedule it but I'm not gonna get excited until I'm actually there and can see him/her" because there's a 99.99999999% chance you'll get cancelled on/ghosted/stood up anyway?

I'm definitely the latter at the moment "

Very much so . I would have zero interest in sticking round just for the forum as fun as it is

By *erfectman122Man  over a year ago

from somewhere nice

No it’s all part of the excitement… I’m quite lucky as I’ve never been cancelled or stood up

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I get excited I can’t describe the feeling a mixture of happy and nervous emotions

I still get excited yes xx sometimes it can be nerve wrecking haha x

But I try to avoid doing quickies (I’m limiting them to only guys I met before) x

Luckily I have to say I don’t get let down by people at all x

Every single time, I’d stop meeting if I didn’t feel the nerves and excitement of that first hello…

Not all are lasting memories

But some stay with you and make you smile

Excitement mixed with nerves is a good place to be

Yup we do even after all these years. All part of the fun.

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

I still get very excited at the planning stage. I love getting in my car and driving to the meet with a mixture of nervous excitement.

Sorry you’ve not been feeling it recently op. Hope things perk up soon x

By *anae21Woman  over a year ago

Nearer than you think

A mix of both... the build up is exciting but my expectation (from experience, not insecurity) is always to be let down.

By *ancer36Woman  over a year ago

Stirling

Absolutely….if I didn’t feel a rush of excitement I wouldn’t have arranged the meet in the first place, got to have that magnetism to someone, that rush of slight nervousness and anticipation just adds to it all xx

I'm jealous of all of you who still get excited.

I used to be like that but the crushing disappointment from every time I've been let down has rendered me to an empty husk of a swinger

"I'm jealous of all of you who still get excited.

I used to be like that but the crushing disappointment from every time I've been let down has rendered me to an empty husk of a swinger "

Stay positive … the good will come

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

Yes!! I only ever meet people I’ve know for quite a while so it’s lovely to put a face to a conversation

"Yes!! I only ever meet people I’ve know for quite a while so it’s lovely to put a face to a conversation "

How long have we known each other now? Haha

Yes we still get excited it's a nervous excitement that's the thrill of it

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Amber, try and not be too disheartened by it, hopefully the next one won't let you down. If you're not that excited about meeting people, maybe don't for a bit? You can't live with doubt and lack of joy in it.

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

"Yes!! I only ever meet people I’ve know for quite a while so it’s lovely to put a face to a conversation

How long have we known each other now? Haha"

Who are you?!?

"Yes!! I only ever meet people I’ve know for quite a while so it’s lovely to put a face to a conversation

How long have we known each other now? Haha

Who are you?!? "

You remember… the guy you saw once across the room at that place that we were both at for that event

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

For a social I tend to assume they aren't going to turn up, so if they do it's a glorious surprise. I don't let myself get too excited because then I'm not too disappointed at a no-show.

If we've had a social I do tend to assume they'll turn up next time we arrange to meet and that's when I let myself get excited.

Well.. thus far many people think i'm a fake account due to the problem of ghosting on Fab

I do, but I like the whole getting ready thing as much as the going out.

By *JB1954Man  over a year ago

Reading

Having been looking for meets. This since lockdown easing etc. So far have had one arranged, profile disappear. Day of meet. Now again . Supposed to have one this weekend. Again no confirmation. Profile still up on another site and also on a chat site.Meet not been online since reading my last message. A week ago. I have now no expectation when messaging , chatting. In turn if now get replies etc. Have at back of mind. Is this going to be another waste of time ?

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I don't get excited but for different reasons than yours op.

I've never been stood up or ghosted so that doesn't come into my thought process.

I suffer from a form of anhedonia which I won't try to explain as Google will be much better but it basically means an inability to feel pleasure.

In my case its not as extreme as that as I am always present and in the moment and anyone I've met can confirm that.

However there is an inability to anticipate pleasure or get excited about anything whether that be a fab meet or a holiday abroad.

Take some time off from trying to arrange anything if you're jaded.

Maybe try changing how you go about things

By *l MateMan  over a year ago

Sheffield Centre

Butterflies for days.

I get extremely nervous, but as soon as I'm there I'm fine.

Nikki x

I wouldnt know as its never happened

It’s always exciting as we have normally talked for a while so I can’t wait to talk to them in person. I only meet people that we have the basis of a friendship there in the first place.

Though I would describe it as nervous excitement 99% of the time.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Maybe come to some of the organised socials Amber to meet people and see who you might find x

I'm only meeting my fwbs and consumating lockdown relationships that were formed, so it's a known excitement rather than a nervous excitement

By *otSoPoshWoman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

I get completely terrified meeting someone new, but in an excited way.

If it's someone I already know then i get excited and have butterflies.

Without the original terror and the subsequent butterflies I would know I wasn't actually into them. So they're a good thing I guess.

By *ic_khan2341Man  over a year ago

Manchester

Yes I love the excitement of a meet. And most I have met have been nice people.

Vic

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

I think as a guy we struggle more with getting the meet than people cancelling. Generally if a woman/couple has picked me out of 1000s of other guys, there’s a good chance it’s gonna happen

But I understand it’s completely different for woman, with so many guys being keyboard wankers that get off on the idea more than actually doing it.

So yeah, I get excited, because it a rare occasion

I'm taking someone out to dinner, haven't seen her in years and although it's only dinner I'm buzzing to see how she is.

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

I get excited on the way to be sure.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

So I’ve never cancelled anything at short notice or been cancelled/ghosted and only cancelled once or twice way in advance , but there was a time when it all just got a bit boring and hard work, particularly couples, they are so much work sometimes, so I only really meet now if I’m super excited and very rarely meet couples anymore

By *indergirlWoman  over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

A mix of excitement and nerves and dread for me as I've had some meets that have gone ahead and been fantastic and some that were non starters as they stood me up and ghosted me

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

We get excited and nervous just before the meet as anything can happen in the days leading up to it that could see the meet being cancelled.

"A mix of excitement and nerves and dread for me as I've had some meets that have gone ahead and been fantastic and some that were non starters as they stood me up and ghosted me "

What!!!!!!

somewhere, someplace

"A mix of excitement and nerves and dread for me as I've had some meets that have gone ahead and been fantastic and some that were non starters as they stood me up and ghosted me

What!!!!!! "

Yup

By *otSoPoshWoman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

"A mix of excitement and nerves and dread for me as I've had some meets that have gone ahead and been fantastic and some that were non starters as they stood me up and ghosted me "

Spontaneous visitors are the best though aren't they

somewhere, someplace

"A mix of excitement and nerves and dread for me as I've had some meets that have gone ahead and been fantastic and some that were non starters as they stood me up and ghosted me

Spontaneous visitors are the best though aren't they "

Oh they are!

By *ncemoreroundthesunCouple  over a year ago

A town and place not in the UK

Definitely, but less because of the "will we/won't we" from dating and more of the "how much and what positions"

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Absolutely

I've not got that far yet

By *imandHer9396Couple  over a year ago

Bridgend

"I do, but I like the whole getting ready thing as much as the going out. "

This! Me too!

Its the excitement of getting ready, getting in the car, I love the excitement and butterflies more than the meet most of the time haha

Her x

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

We won't be doing this when it's not exciting anymore. We never play on a first meeting so don't have the problem of dashed expectations.

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

The latter, too much being let down at the last minute. I don't get excited until I've actually got my hands on them!!

By *r.SJMan  over a year ago

Wellingborough

I do... though with it comes self doubt and anxiety. An overwhelming exhaustive mix of emotions.

I get excited and sometimes a little nervous. But I generally have got to know who I'm meeting well enough anyway.

By *niceoneMan  over a year ago

South Glos

Yeah I still get nervous before a meet. That anticipation feeling of nervous securely excitement is a fun feeling!

By *eyond PurityCouple  over a year ago

Laceby

The heart racing is all part of the buzz for me, along with the look in K's eyes, knowing he's feeling as excited as I am.

C

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I still get excited yes. I only tend to arrange meetings with those who are likely to turn up!

By *tue555Man  over a year ago

Passed Beyond Reach

Think excitement is determined by different factors and levels. Think excitement is linked to some level of positive expectation - not just sexual - will they be nice? - will we get on? Are they really that hot as they look in their pictures.

If you expect to be to letdown then - you have no reason to be excited - negative expectation.

We have more encounters outside of FAB, maybe experience has taught us where is the best chance of something happening and obviously reading people - even on a subconscious level - but we don't go out with that expectation or get excited - but if it happens it is exciting

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

I definitely get excited...but have recently been messed around twice.. which is very annoying

I get excited going for a piss in the mornings

"I think as a guy we struggle more with getting the meet than people cancelling. Generally if a woman/couple has picked me out of 1000s of other guys, there’s a good chance it’s gonna happen

But I understand it’s completely different for woman, with so many guys being keyboard wankers that get off on the idea more than actually doing it.

So yeah, I get excited, because it a rare occasion "

OK but both meets I had set up for this weekend are now ghosting me. Both perfectly nice, respectable boy next door types. Feels like the thousandth time this has happened. We haven't sexted or exchanged pics, so I haven't given them any wank fodder. This is literally just what happens 99.9% of the time.

You can't on one hand say it's so difficult to get meets and then on the other bottle out of it when someone gives you a chance?!

By *ememberTheNameMan  over a year ago

barnsley

Being stood up is the absolute worse of experiences

It hurts

By *iBBWLondonWoman  over a year ago

London

"I think as a guy we struggle more with getting the meet than people cancelling. Generally if a woman/couple has picked me out of 1000s of other guys, there’s a good chance it’s gonna happen

OK but both meets I had set up for this weekend are now ghosting me. Both perfectly nice, respectable boy next door types. Feels like the thousandth time this has happened. We haven't sexted or exchanged pics, so I haven't given them any wank fodder. This is literally just what happens 99.9% of the time.

You can't on one hand say it's so difficult to get meets and then on the other bottle out of it when someone gives you a chance?! "

Well, it’s most definitely their loss - I know that doesn’t help you now, but surely it’s better that they show their true colours now, rather than later?

Have you been to a club or spa? Even if you don’t play, you can enjoy the facilities and chat x

w

You can't on one hand say it's so difficult to get meets and then on the other bottle out of it when someone gives you a chance?! "

I meant there’s less chance of a couple or single female ghosting me if we’ve arranged a meet. Not that it’s less likely for a guy to ghost.

If a female or coupke go through all the effort to pick me and arrange a meet, I’m confident they don’t ghost.

Where as for guys, most send out 100s of messages a day. To anyone. They’ll agree to anything on the spot because it’s so rare to get a reply. As that time comes closer reality sets in and they’re more likely to ghost

And don’t think just coz you didn’t send them any wank fodder means anything. They could wake up and wank 3 times to porn before lunch and then just lose the will to do anything. It’s just how lots of guys are sadly. The fantasy, the porn, the imagery of doing it. Can sometimes seem better than the real thing. It’s definitely less effort, and a lower chance of rejection too.

Not making excuses for guys that ghost, just giving an insight into the reality of it all

You can't on one hand say it's so difficult to get meets and then on the other bottle out of it when someone gives you a chance?!

I meant there’s less chance of a couple or single female ghosting me if we’ve arranged a meet. Not that it’s less likely for a guy to ghost.

If a female or coupke go through all the effort to pick me and arrange a meet, I’m confident they don’t ghost.

Where as for guys, most send out 100s of messages a day. To anyone. They’ll agree to anything on the spot because it’s so rare to get a reply. As that time comes closer reality sets in and they’re more likely to ghost

And don’t think just coz you didn’t send them any wank fodder means anything. They could wake up and wank 3 times to porn before lunch and then just lose the will to do anything. It’s just how lots of guys are sadly. The fantasy, the porn, the imagery of doing it. Can sometimes seem better than the real thing. It’s definitely less effort, and a lower chance of rejection too.

Not making excuses for guys that ghost, just giving an insight into the reality of it all "

And people wonder why I'm forever alone

w

And I know it’s annoying, but sadly it happens to both sides

You say this happens 99.9% of the time. Guess what happens to 99.9% of messages guy send? Rejected.

It’s just 2 different sides of the same shit coin.

Guys struggle like hell to get any kind of connection or meet

Couples and females struggle like hell to actually get a genuine person to show up

Well, it’s most definitely their loss - I know that doesn’t help you now, but surely it’s better that they show their true colours now, rather than later?

Have you been to a club or spa? Even if you don’t play, you can enjoy the facilities and chat x"

Thank you x

I'm just not really sure clubs are for me tbh. I'm not much of an exhibitionist, and I think I'd just feel awkward and shy the whole time.

w

Have you been to a club or spa? Even if you don’t play, you can enjoy the facilities and chat x

Thank you x

I'm just not really sure clubs are for me tbh. I'm not much of an exhibitionist, and I think I'd just feel awkward and shy the whole time. "

Sadly I feel the same, and for a single guy clubs are 10x harder

Maybe find a girl on here nearby to go with. From what my friend tells me, and she’s brand new, it’s however you want to make it. She says her first time was like going to a pub/club because she didn’t want to play on the first time, she just had a few drinks and chatted to people

By *alty surpriseMan  over a year ago

Uttoxeter

Definitely get excited... The anticipation of the meet... See if she or I lives up to expectations..the overall satisfaction that both parties said who they were exactly.

By *uietly_KinkyMan  over a year ago

High Wycombe

I haven't had either for years, I don't know if I'd be excited, nervous, scared or indifferent.

London

Thank you x

I'm just not really sure clubs are for me tbh. I'm not much of an exhibitionist, and I think I'd just feel awkward and shy the whole time. "

That’s exactly how I felt when I went a few weeks ago for my first time, too. It’s better if you go with someone, then at least you have someone to talk to. I was too chicken to go on my own, but was always curious to go. I think I’d go back on my own, but only on certain days, or go with someone else as ‘backup’, for want of a better word

Thank you x

I'm just not really sure clubs are for me tbh. I'm not much of an exhibitionist, and I think I'd just feel awkward and shy the whole time.

That’s exactly how I felt when I went a few weeks ago for my first time, too. It’s better if you go with someone, then at least you have someone to talk to. I was too chicken to go on my own, but was always curious to go. I think I’d go back on my own, but only on certain days, or go with someone else as ‘backup’, for want of a better word "

Yeah I get what you mean, but I just don't think the whole environment is what I'm after. I'd much rather a quiet, cosy night in with Netflix and some wine.

London

Thank you x

That’s exactly how I felt when I went a few weeks ago for my first time, too. It’s better if you go with someone, then at least you have someone to talk to. I was too chicken to go on my own, but was always curious to go. I think I’d go back on my own, but only on certain days, or go with someone else as ‘backup’, for want of a better word

Yeah I get what you mean, but I just don't think the whole environment is what I'm after. I'd much rather a quiet, cosy night in with Netflix and some wine. "

I hope you know I wasn’t propositioning you

Sorry if it came across like that!

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"

That’s my experience too, no one has ever cancelled or not turned up to meet me but all the women talk to say it’s extremely common for guys to do both.

Thank you x

Yeah I get what you mean, but I just don't think the whole environment is what I'm after. I'd much rather a quiet, cosy night in with Netflix and some wine.

Sorry if it came across like that!"

Haha no worries!

I'm just not suited to the club scene.

Plus I haven't done the whole going up to someone and flirting/making a move thing since my nightclub days pre-covid. I think I'd throw up if I had to do that now.

Hard feelings to be honest getting excited is a great feeling but then being stood up or let down can really wreck the day

London

Thank you x

Haha no worries!

Plus I haven't done the whole going up to someone and flirting/making a move thing since my nightclub days pre-covid. I think I'd throw up if I had to do that now. "

Trust me, you wouldn’t have to - they’d be approaching you! *still not propositioning, just an observation! ()

I get excited when i see a message i have sent has actually been read because its rare as rocking horse shit on here

But yes i do get excited arranging a meet , the lead up and anticipation is great . Just got to make sure its real and set up properly because some people can be let downs . Hasnt happened to me yet but im sure it will .

Thank you x

Haha no worries!

Plus I haven't done the whole going up to someone and flirting/making a move thing since my nightclub days pre-covid. I think I'd throw up if I had to do that now.

Trust me, you wouldn’t have to - they’d be approaching you! *still not propositioning, just an observation! ()"

You're not making it sound any better

» Add a new message to this topic