FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Only Polite

Only Polite

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *igsy8 OP   Man  over a year ago

Accrington

yes I realise the amount of mail women get vastly outnumbers guy's, in general. Even if i get mail from gay guys I try to txt back saying thanks but no, because theres a thought behind the message regardless of gender etc they may have overcome any amount of nerves fears what have you. I know exactly how it feels to reach out to nothing after writing a out a polite cleanish considered pm. kindness costs nothing

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

While I understand the frustration of no replies, if some of the women were to reply to every message they get fab would become an unpaid full time job.

It states in the site FAQs that no reply is a reply and is to be taken as a no

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Try replying to over 100 a day who haven’t bothered to read your profile. Not going to happen x

By *iscean_dreamMan  over a year ago

Port talbot

You just got to take it on the chin, nobody is going to reply to hundreds or thousands of people they aren't interested in

Bottom line: I am not opening myself up to potential abuse. End of story.

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

I bet this thread gets to 175, they generally do when this subject comes up ….regularly.

Accrington

"While I understand the frustration of no replies, if some of the women were to reply to every message they get fab would become an unpaid full time job.

It states in the site FAQs that no reply is a reply and is to be taken as a no "

I'm not frustrated anymore and i do understand that many have mail. water of a ducks back these days. Just saying if you can see someone anyone m/f/t has really thought about what they wrote then i'll express thanks.

By *he Secret Tea PartyCouple  over a year ago

London

"kindness costs nothing "

Very true. But replying to junk/spam emails takes time and is no fun for anyone.

Its been suggested many times about a thanks but no thanks auto reply button but its never been actioned.

Comes down to reading. . People do not read FAQ’s or profile bios so here we are - disgruntled people who would like replies.

Hopefully there’ll be a remedy one day.

London

"if you can see someone anyone m/f/t has really thought about what they wrote then i'll express thanks. "

Oh if only that would happen!

Getting a message from someone that has made a real effort is a dream of many of us.

London

KM posting btw

Port talbot

"kindness costs nothing

Very true. But replying to junk/spam emails takes time and is no fun for anyone."

That reminds me, I must reply to Abu Omar about those millions that have been left to me

London

"That reminds me, I must reply to Abu Omar about those millions that have been left to me "

Ha ha

And I need to double check on that warrant for my arrest from HMRC

Port talbot

"if you can see someone anyone m/f/t has really thought about what they wrote then i'll express thanks.

Oh if only that would happen!

Getting a message from someone that has made a real effort is a dream of many of us."

I've had them ignored, I don't think it makes a difference how long and how much effort went in if attraction isn't there

By *indergirlWoman  over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

I'll let you have control of my inbox and you can individually reply to the 1000 messages I have

Port talbot

"That reminds me, I must reply to Abu Omar about those millions that have been left to me

Ha ha

And I need to double check on that warrant for my arrest from HMRC "

I had a pre recorded message phone call not long ago saying there was a fraud case in my name being opened and I needed to call the investigating officer

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

Do you reply to every spam or offer email you get in email account? It's kinda the same not enough time in the day.

Port talbot

"I'll let you have control of my inbox and you can individually reply to the 1000 messages I have "

I'll do it

Awww i know. I never get replies. Just don't know what i'm doing wrong. I even read a profile, twice.

London

The point the OP appears to be missing is that, "it's only polite" to read a profile before wasting someone's time with a message they do not want

KM

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

95% is junk mail. No time for that.

I always reply, but I might get a message or two a month, normally from a forum ‘message the profile on top…’

Always polite responses though, even when a guy was hassling for photos (it’s not my thing)

Have no idea how the popular one’s would even have chance to read all theirs let alone reply!

somewhere, someplace

"I'll let you have control of my inbox and you can individually reply to the 1000 messages I have

I'll do it "

Oh you're welcome to.... Was 1600 the other day

somewhere, someplace

"Awww i know. I never get replies. Just don't know what i'm doing wrong. I even read a profile, twice."

Messaging the wrong people

"Awww i know. I never get replies. Just don't know what i'm doing wrong. I even read a profile, twice.

Messaging the wrong people "

get the kettle on

Paradise, Herts

"Awww i know. I never get replies. Just don't know what i'm doing wrong. I even read a profile, twice.

get the kettle on "

I replied!

Port talbot

"I'll let you have control of my inbox and you can individually reply to the 1000 messages I have

I'll do it

Oh you're welcome to.... Was 1600 the other day "

On second thoughts

get the kettle on

I replied!"

Ffs Nora i was wanting someone to bite and shoot me down, then i could be sarcastic

manchester

get the kettle on

I replied with a NO I will not do that you weirdo !"

Feel your pain Nora.

Paradise, Herts

get the kettle on

I replied!

Ffs Nora i was wanting someone to bite and shoot me down, then i could be sarcastic "

Ah yeah should’ve known

somewhere, someplace

get the kettle on "

Might need a head start I'm 100 miles from home nearly

God sake this has went tits up

Paradise, Herts

get the kettle on

I replied with a NO I will not do that you weirdo !

Feel your pain Nora. "

. He asked you to do that too?! Gross

get the kettle on

Feel your pain Nora. "

I said i would provide the lube though

manchester

get the kettle on

Feel your pain Nora.

. He asked you to do that too?! Gross "

Yup… dirty sod

manchester

get the kettle on

Feel your pain Nora.

I said i would provide the blue waffle though "

That’s the point!!!

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

I try and reply but sometimes uts just not possible x

Omg. I'm away too comfort eat now. Wankers.

How many times a day can you reply “I’m fine thanks” because you throw yourself out of the window?

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

"yes I realise the amount of mail women get vastly outnumbers guy's, in general. Even if i get mail from gay guys I try to txt back saying thanks but no, because theres a thought behind the message regardless of gender etc they may have overcome any amount of nerves fears what have you. I know exactly how it feels to reach out to nothing after writing a out a polite cleanish considered pm. kindness costs nothing "

Yes, kindness does cost something. In this case it's time.

You seem to be under the impression that the majority of messages have some thought put into them. Believe, that is definitely not the case. The vast majority of guys who write to us no interest in what we have put in our profile, have not in any way considered if we are compatible, and have not put any thought into what the write to us. Messages like that do not warrant a reply. We reply to decent messages, but not to the rubbish ones.

manchester

"Omg. I'm away too comfort eat now. Wankers.

"

miss you already

"Omg. I'm away too comfort eat now. Wankers.

miss you already "

I hope you stand on lego.

It isn't kind to me to spend time i don't have replying to everyone and entering into pointless chat. In this respect I put myself first. Not sorry either.

I'm not sorry.

By *ougie321Man  over a year ago

Milford Haven

Each message on merit, polite and compassionate yes or no does not really matter. It all depends on day time also minute the message is opened the yes or no reply will be on the persons feelings at that moment.

By *nfin8yWoman  over a year ago

Newcastle-under-Lyme

I manage my time on Fab in my own way. I have a life outside of Fab too so I’m not going to waste lots of time replying to one word or one sentence messages that have completely disregarded what I’ve said I’m looking for in my profile.

By *ic_khan2341Man  over a year ago

Manchester

"yes I realise the amount of mail women get vastly outnumbers guy's, in general. Even if i get mail from gay guys I try to txt back saying thanks but no, because theres a thought behind the message regardless of gender etc they may have overcome any amount of nerves fears what have you. I know exactly how it feels to reach out to nothing after writing a out a polite cleanish considered pm. kindness costs nothing "

Only message those you already know from parties or clubs.

Vic

Manchester

I have a girl friend on here.

Part of the issue is that when she replies with a polite no, the men still messages a number of messages. Multiply that by all the letters she said no to, and you have a load of messages she had to read all from men she has said no to.

Vic

Yeah I can’t understand why women don’t spend their days replying to men they have zero interest in and who haven’t read their profiles, when they’re only spending their time chatting to people they like and want to meet, what’s up with that, I mean it would only take several hours a day to reply and then of course several more hours to reply to the follow up messages, then there is of course the ‘just give me a chance!’ messages to reply to, I mean what else would they be doing with their time, only paintballing or yoga, or maybe out with friends and family, come on ladies kindness costs nothing.

By *ohohoWoman  over a year ago

Up North

This site can be harsh. It must be tough sending out lots of messages to get no replies no matter what it says on the site rules, it’s frustrating. I stopped replying when I realised it meant that the person could send me messages even when I changed my filters. I also found this site rubbish for meeting people. Clubs worked better for me.

By *ohohoWoman  over a year ago

Up North

"I have a girl friend on here.

Part of the issue is that when she replies with a polite no, the men still messages a number of messages. Multiply that by all the letters she said no to, and you have a load of messages she had to read all from men she has said no to.

Vic "

I have to say that my experience was different. Most just accept it or send a thanks for replying back. It’s the rare few who start to pester. They just stick in your mind more.

somewhere, someplace

"I have a girl friend on here.

Vic "

Even when you delete some messages without reading and they still message again so either way you can't win

By *sBlueWoman  over a year ago

Up North

I say no thank you then either get abuse or more messages as to why I should change my mind so it’s easier not to reply

Manchester

A load of fake women profiles.

A load just want replies for ego reasons.

Too many women vs men.

Like i said before, get to know people in clubs or parties. That works well. Then message them on here after you given them a good fucking. They tend to reply then!!

By *ekkatransTV/TS  over a year ago

Scarborough

I try to answer every message but the number of people that don’t read my profile and message me to meet today just beggars belief. If they can’t be bothered to read my profile then I don’t feel compelled to answer them.

I had to stop rejecting the pizza company that sent me menus, they kept asking me why I wouldn’t eat their pizza, even though I don’t like pizza.

Today I ran an experiment.

A man messaged me. So I responded with a polite 'No, thank you'.

Apparently I am just a cheap worthless whore who is just pretending to be choosy.

That is the perfect example of why I don't reply.

Manchester

"Today I ran an experiment.

A man messaged me. So I responded with a polite 'No, thank you'.

Apparently I am just a cheap worthless whore who is just pretending to be choosy.

That is the perfect example of why I don't reply."

Ask him how he can say you are cheap and worthless. You are either cheap or worthless, can't be both. That will get his little mind wondering.

Or tell him you are to busy fucking others from this site to reply to him.

Vic

Accrington

"The point the OP appears to be missing is that, "it's only polite" to read a profile before wasting someone's time with a message they do not want :-

KM"

I dont get it why would I pm them because theyre pics are nice. Of course I read profiles no bull if i like them sometimes i'll read them twice . I always read a profile before messaging

By *dam_TinaCouple  over a year ago

Hampshire

"The point the OP appears to be missing is that, "it's only polite" to read a profile before wasting someone's time with a message they do not want :-

KM

I dont get it why would I pm them because theyre pics are nice. Of course I read profiles no bull if i like them sometimes i'll read them twice . I always read a profile before messaging "

You might, many don't

Is there a way to remedy this by using winks?

Wink who you like if you get a wink back move on to a message??

» Add a new message to this topic