FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > How do women and couples cope

How do women and couples cope

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Come on share your secrets, you log on in the morning to find 500+ emails from men. How the hell do you filter it down. I’d just give up.

I can understand why people say ‘single men, we’ll find you! Must be so frustrating to miss the good ones because of the many.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *elilah999Woman  over a year ago

Malton

Block men and couples. Some say men are the bad thing on this site. Couples are just as bad if not worse.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

This is a new one

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I block everyone. Can't be bothered with the admin.

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

I have a secretary to deal with my inbox.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"I block everyone. Can't be bothered with the admin. "

Rude

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

99 year olds only

[Removed by poster at 24/08/21 22:45:32]

I don't block anyone and get very few messages. I'm smart with my filters, not that I need them. Not everyone is so inundated...they use it as an excuse mostly.

I don’t know how they cope, I think they must be incredibly stoic, I mean it’s not like there’s anything they can do, like adjust their filters or block men etc, then look for themselves, I think it’s marvellous how they remain so strong and find the strength to bulk delete their messages.

By *ormorantMan  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

Yawn

North West

"I don’t know how they cope, I think they must be incredibly stoic, I mean it’s not like there’s anything they can do, like adjust their filters or block men etc, then look for themselves, I think it’s marvellous how they remain so strong and find the strength to bulk delete their messages. "

Just remember, some people may have arthritis in their pointy finger or thumb, so clicking the bulk delete might be a real effort

By *ecadent_DevonMan  over a year ago

Okehampton

They are amazing. It must be so difficult for them.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Nah I have never had that many messages I use my filters so I get barely any mail and if I like a profile I can message them myself .I don't see any point in having a load of messages I won't respond to .

Liverpool

"I block everyone. Can't be bothered with the admin.

Rude "

Call me Lacey_Rude

North West

Rude

Call me Lacey_Rude"

*Alters address book*

Liverpool

Rude

Call me Lacey_Rude

*Alters address book* "

Sounds interesting. So is the chasing reversed in part with single males then.

And nothing wrong with using sensible filters, I dont want a 75yr old messaging me about god know what when there is no interest.

I just ignore them. If it's meant to be, it will happen.

Rude

Call me Lacey_Rude

*Alters address book*

I need an address book to start. Need to get my little black book up to date again.

"

I get a lot of messages, and all the suggestions from people here to block single men frustrate me because I am specifically here for single men! I just don't want all of them!

I wish I could filter/sort by distance, that would be my one wish to make it easier.

By *VineMan  over a year ago

The right place

"I get a lot of messages, and all the suggestions from people here to block single men frustrate me because I am specifically here for single men! I just don't want all of them!

I wish I could filter/sort by distance, that would be my one wish to make it easier."

But the men would just change their fab location

I don’t get many messages so I cope ok haha

"I don’t know how they cope, I think they must be incredibly stoic, I mean it’s not like there’s anything they can do, like adjust their filters or block men etc, then look for themselves, I think it’s marvellous how they remain so strong and find the strength to bulk delete their messages.

Just remember, some people may have arthritis in their pointy finger or thumb, so clicking the bulk delete might be a real effort "

I expect, in that case they might get their butler to do it!

Liverpool

"I get a lot of messages, and all the suggestions from people here to block single men frustrate me because I am specifically here for single men! I just don't want all of them!

I wish I could filter/sort by distance, that would be my one wish to make it easier."

I'm mostly here for single men too and I think it's good advice. I search for them myself. By the time I put in all the search criteria I want, I don't get that many results. Well, that have logged in within the past few months anyway.

I wish I could filter/sort by distance, that would be my one wish to make it easier.

But the men would just change their fab location "

But if I could sort my inbox that way, it would help. They can't fake the GPS distance, I don't think?

"Nah I have never had that many messages I use my filters so I get barely any mail and if I like a profile I can message them myself .I don't see any point in having a load of messages I won't respond to ."

No ta lying toerag I msg you several times every day and you still don't respond. " I don't get lots of msgs!" Haha

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

I use filters to curb the mail I get ie no newbies, can't message with no pics and certain ages too.

Still I've had loads today, maybe cos I've been active in the forum all day.

I couldn't cope with the amount some receive.

On our couples profile, messages are usually people we know, we have men blocked as we aren't meeting them..

North West

Rude

Call me Lacey_Rude

*Alters address book*

I need an address book to start. Need to get my little black book up to date again.

"

See, isn't Fab full of useful tips?!

#FabAssist

All sounds switched on to me. And yep location would be a winner. No one from Scotland willing to fly down for an evening.

I'm mostly here for single men too and I think it's good advice. I search for them myself. By the time I put in all the search criteria I want, I don't get that many results. Well, that have logged in within the past few months anyway. "

Perhaps, but I've had some really lovely guys message me who I might never have seen if we weren't online at much the same time. I like getting messages from people who've read my profile and who think they might be right for me - I welcome those messages and it would be a shame to block all men (in my opinion anyway).

I just wish those who clearly aren't compatible with me would pass me by, that's all.

Rude

Call me Lacey_Rude

*Alters address book*

See, isn't Fab full of useful tips?!

#FabAssist "

absolutely!! And the hotlist and also found a notes section too. Always good for reminding me not to pester

I'm mostly here for single men too and I think it's good advice. I search for them myself. By the time I put in all the search criteria I want, I don't get that many results. Well, that have logged in within the past few months anyway.

Perhaps, but I've had some really lovely guys message me who I might never have seen if we weren't online at much the same time. I like getting messages from people who've read my profile and who think they might be right for me - I welcome those messages and it would be a shame to block all men (in my opinion anyway).

I just wish those who clearly aren't compatible with me would pass me by, that's all."

Totally agree, see your profile is awesome but I’m not near Southampton and I’m not going to drive 2hrs for a meet. Sorry

I just wish those who clearly aren't compatible with me would pass me by, that's all.

Totally agree, see your profile is awesome but I’m not near Southampton and I’m not going to drive 2hrs for a meet. Sorry "

And I'm grateful that you recognise that and haven't messaged anyway

Totally agree, see your profile is awesome but I’m not near Southampton and I’m not going to drive 2hrs for a meet. Sorry

And I'm grateful that you recognise that and haven't messaged anyway "

Well exactly! See there are winners out there lol

Liverpool

I just wish those who clearly aren't compatible with me would pass me by, that's all."

Personally I just didn't have the time to search through all the messages for those ones and there was a distinct possibility that a great guy might message me and then block me when I didn't reply as he would take it as I'm not interested and block me as a form of filtering as many do. There's unfortunately no foolproof way to avoid missing the good ones.

By *icentiousCouple  over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Personally think it is proportional to the ego times bullshit squared.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I filter by age, and only allow a few messages before unticking the looking for box.

That keeps my inbox at a manageable number.

I get a fair few but I do also use my filters.

By *irty Fun GuyMan  over a year ago

Kidderminster

We check all our messages it’s roughly 30 a day on our couples profile

"Block men and couples. Some say men are the bad thing on this site. Couples are just as bad if not worse. "

I agree with you about couples,they can be more demanding and worse than single men. I have everyone blocked except single men who are in my looking for age range.

I get about 10 new mails a day..

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

Not sure people are completely honest with their number or we are ugly cunts we get around 4/5 messages a week takes 5 minutes to delete and block.

"Personally think it is proportional to the ego times bullshit squared.

"

Yes true, both ways...

It will over-inflate the ego of some females by making them think lots of men are interested in them ...

And the male will sooth his deflated ego by thinking females aren't interested in him simply because they get too many mails to read his x

By *toC Thats MeWoman  over a year ago

Sheffield

I don’t get hundreds of messages a day, filters are ace. When you first join and are finding your feet, no filters even with no pictures is brutal.

Liverpool

"I don’t get hundreds of messages a day, filters are ace. When you first join and are finding your feet, no filters even with no pictures is brutal."

It's true. My first profile was completely blank. I thought I'd have a look around before filling it in. I got so many messages I ended up deleting it and starting again. I had no pictures or text so it was simply based on basic details such as being female, my age and location. So I'm under no illusions that the number of messages is as a result of being particularly desirable. Some people spam messages to every woman within 100 miles of them. It's yet another reason I prefer to look myself.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

I've never woken up to 500+ emails from guys... Ever

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Come on share your secrets, you log on in the morning to find 500+ emails from men. How the hell do you filter it down. I’d just give up.

I can understand why people say ‘single men, we’ll find you! Must be so frustrating to miss the good ones because of the many.

"

This is a myth. Not all women receive huge volumes of mail and if they do, every day, then that is what they plan for. There are tools on the site to prevent , as far as is possible, getting mails from groups that don't interest them.

Second myth ....... single males don't spoil anything for the 'good' ones. This is a crutch to hold on to if you are not getting what you want but it really isn't down to what others do.

King's Crustacean

"This is a new one "

Novelty makes it worth getting up

King's Crustacean

"Sounds interesting. So is the chasing reversed in part with single males then.

And nothing wrong with using sensible filters, I dont want a 75yr old messaging me about god know what when there is no interest.

"

Gosh yes, those silly silly 75 year olds....... senile - every single one of them.

What day was it that you invented sex and the internet again ???

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

The message filters page is a very useful tool indeed, I get no mail when I'm not looking for anyone

» Add a new message to this topic