FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Tolerance

Tolerance

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ackformore100 OP   Man  over a year ago

Tin town

No not the little gold or silver band but tolerance of things and people and situations...

This last 18 months has been a challenge for many. One might think it would have made us a bit more empathetic, a bit more tolerant... But has it?

Are you more tolerant of some things and less tolerant of others.

For me personally I think I'm a lot more aware and mostly tolerant that you never know what someone else has been going through...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I just had to Google tolerance band

Tin town

"I just had to Google tolerance band"

Haha sorry thats the engineer in me.. (oo err missus)

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

I agree, OP - we need to bear in mind that everybody has been through this difficult time; some of os have been more fortunate than others with being able to work from home, having kids or relatives living with them and generally not struggling too badly while others really have had a horrendous time.

And we do not necessarily know whether that person has had a particularly hard time. So if we just assumed that people have been through tough stuff and adjust our tolerance "band" to align with making some allowances (not easy I know) perhaps it would make the place (society) a better place for us all.

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

The last 18 months have made me more intolerant on here for sure.

In real life its grown exponentially and honed my skills to help more people who are at their lowest

Swings and roundabouts

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm aware many people have had things really shit. I'm less tolerant though so avoid people.

By *aoulDuke1Man  over a year ago

Bristol

There's a difference between tolerance, where you empathise and understand where people are coming from, and tolerance, where you put up with toxic bullshit and people who don't respect boundaries.

I try to exercise the former, but the latter is on a fucking hair trigger, usually because they don't exercise the first version.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"There's a difference between tolerance, where you empathise and understand where people are coming from, and tolerance, where you put up with toxic bullshit and people who don't respect boundaries.

I try to exercise the former, but the latter is on a fucking hair trigger, usually because they don't exercise the first version. "

By *immyinreadingMan  over a year ago

henley on thames

"No not the little gold or silver band but tolerance of things and people and situations...

This last 18 months has been a challenge for many. One might think it would have made us a bit more empathetic, a bit more tolerant... But has it?

For me personally I think I'm a lot more aware and mostly tolerant that you never know what someone else has been going through... "

I’d say a bit of a mixture for me.

In some ways, more tolerant, realising that service providers are doing their best and that we have to accept limitations and make the best of what is available.

In other ways a lot less tolerant. Absolutely zero interest in going back to the office and being surrounded by people coughing, sneezing, pissing about, talking shite. Am now massively intolerant of people who display poor behaviour wrt hygiene in public places.

Tin town

"No not the little gold or silver band but tolerance of things and people and situations...

For me personally I think I'm a lot more aware and mostly tolerant that you never know what someone else has been going through...

I’d say a bit of a mixture for me.

In some ways, more tolerant, realising that service providers are doing their best and that we have to accept limitations and make the best of what is available.

In other ways a lot less tolerant. Absolutely zero interest in going back to the office and being surrounded by people coughing, sneezing, pissing about, talking shite. Am now massively intolerant of people who display poor behaviour wrt hygiene in public places. "

Yes I do think it's made some of us appreciate just how low some people hygiene had become...and is reverting to again. I like using cash so everything on plastic doesn't sit well.

» Add a new message to this topic