FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Is it a crime to call someone fat ?

Is it a crime to call someone fat ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

If MP S put appearance based discrimination on a par with racial and sexual prejudice it could be.? But should there be a word police ? Nice to here what you lot think ? as theres alot of posts been about fat in forums.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No of course it shouldn't be an actual crime to call someone fat.

I am in fact a very very very fat person, i just prefer the use of other terms 'larger framed'

Just depends on the context of the use of the word 'fat' if its used in the negative then i wouldn't perhaps react so kindly too it.

ops your getting to serious....

For those larger framed people out there

Be happy - Be yourselve - Have fun and most of all, take no notice of what people say

We each have or own preferences dont we ?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Fat is fat, everyone used the term until a few years ago, its a word in the english dictionary. Im fat, spruce it up how you like im still fat. Why would you want such a simple word banned

"If MP S put appearance based discrimination on a par with racial and sexual prejudice it could be.? But should there be a word police ? Nice to here what you lot think ? as theres alot of posts been about fat in forums. "

i prefer to be called fat than a bbw

fine line between discrimination and freedom of speech.

Having 'ist' opinions about anything isn't a crime ... voicing them sometimes is.

Unfortunately there will always be bigots wherever you go.

It's only a word for a reversible condition. Lots of other conditions arent

Wolf

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

No it shouldn't be a crime...

But it's like most words it depends on the way it is said and used to whether I would find it offensive.

Depends on how you use the word...

Calling someone a Fat Bastard is not nice ...

But some people will always use a word to contextualise an emotion.

Ever wondered why computers, and other electrical items come in colours of graphite, cream etc.

because the Americans decreed you couldn't call something black, in case it caused offence

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

I think it's ok if their surname is Arbuckle

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

I think it might be impolite to call someone fat but is it a crime. If it was to cause of fence or hurt then yes it could be, me personally would say that other laws can be used. The courts have more than enough to do without adding more petty laws. I was brought up to not name call or upset a person if at all possible. Be happy with yourself, be polite to all and try not to upset anyone, defend the weak and infirm. Treat people as you would like to be treated. and be happy

By *icarswife45Woman  over a year ago

wiltshire town near Bath

I tell it as it is,i was in a supermarket when a small child said to her mum,that lady's fat!!!,the mother told her child off.

My instant reply was don't scold your child for telling the truth.

Mmmm does depend how its used, wouldn't complain about a fat cock lol

"I tell it as it is,i was in a supermarket when a small child said to her mum,that lady's fat!!!,the mother told her child off.

My instant reply was don't scold your child for telling the truth."

And what was her reply to that?

depends on the context dont it like everything else, theres ways of saying things and reasons to bring certain things like this up, but some people might use it to make people feel worse then no matter what it is about them they shudnt do it outta spite

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

[Removed by poster at 05/09/12 11:21:26]

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I tell it as it is,i was in a supermarket when a small child said to her mum,that lady's fat!!!,the mother told her child off.

My instant reply was don't scold your child for telling the truth."

Children telling the truth shouldn't be told off....but teaching your child not to be rude / be tactful is a must.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I think it's ok if their surname is Arbuckle "

Forum Mod

O o O oo

To the OP....no it isn't a crime to call someone fat nor should it be....there is nothing wrong with the description....just how some people choose to use it.

nothing wrong with calling people fat, if its not said in a nasty way i suppose.

where my mum used to work, when i was a kid, there were two ladies called ena.

one they called fat ena and one was called thin ena.

My instant reply was don't scold your child for telling the truth.

Children telling the truth shouldn't be told off....but teaching your child not to be rude / be tactful is a must."

With all words and phrases , its the way in which its said that causes offence.

By *uggers nemesisCouple  over a year ago

london

you are what you are and if yourfat and described as such then you cant take offence obviously if someone says your a fat bastard then you can take offence to the word bastard but if someone says your fat then if you are its the truth,we cant have a society that protects everyones feelings,if people dont like to be fat then you can change it but you cant expect no-one to use the term

"No of course it shouldn't be an actual crime to call someone fat.

I am in fact a very very very fat person, i just prefer the use of other terms 'larger framed'

Just depends on the context of the use of the word 'fat' if its used in the negative then i wouldn't perhaps react so kindly too it. "

babes if you dont mind me saying i have had a look at your file and pics you look a lovely lady cant see how you are vey very fat you look lovely and you are a single mom bless awwwww best of luck n love

Like others have said, it depends on how the word is said. I call myself fat all the time, and it's actually a positive word among my fat fetishist and feedism friends (for obvious reasons!). It doesn't change how I feel about the word fat if someone outside the scene uses it to insult me, but its their intention to cause me hurt that winds me up, not the word itself.

Some fat people often dont like the word fat, they see it as offensive and uncalled for. However this obese people who don't like the word have no problems using words others see as being offensive and often take pleasure in using words that offend others.

"Like others have said, it depends on how the word is said. I call myself fat all the time, and it's actually a positive word among my fat fetishist and feedism friends (for obvious reasons!). It doesn't change how I feel about the word fat if someone outside the scene uses it to insult me, but its their intention to cause me hurt that winds me up, not the word itself."

awwwww bless you hun

lipstick xx

I think that offense is something which Is taken not given. What one person finds offensive another person doesn't or laughs off. I am fat and also work as a bouncer and a nurse if they made the ward illegal I'd have half the town locked up over a weekend with what I get called as well as quite few patients lol. However when it's used to bully and systematically destroy a child's confidence and happiness for instance then true or not it needs stopping but then I suppose that's bullying in all firms not just the use of the word fat. Just my opinion.

Andy.

I dont object to the word fat.

Im fat...end of.

some folk are stupid,some are big headed, some are anally retentive, some are obnoxious, some are morons, some are nice, some are pleasant, some are arsoles..........etc etc etc .

Thet are just words.

I object to those who feel its their god given right , when not knowing someone ....to say whatever they like regardless of whats polite and whats not.

Those that do find it ok to try and belittle others in what ever way they can, should go look in the mirror and they may find that they aint so perfect themselves.

That would just be stupid to make it a crime, how would i be able to order a fat steak?? "excuse me waiter i would like a larger framed steak as opposed to a more slight framed one thank you"

I'm fed up of political correctness. It's making people too thin skinned.

I am what I am. Call it whatever you like.

Tell it like it is. If it's a fact, it's a fact. No need to be offensive but no need to tiptoe around words all the time either.

By *irtydanMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

"I'm fed up of political correctness. It's making people too thin skinned.

I am what I am. Call it whatever you like.

Tell it like it is. If it's a fact, it's a fact. No need to be offensive but no need to tiptoe around words all the time either. "

good point

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Ffs political correctness nanny state gone mad

By *ackandkateCouple  over a year ago

Truro

A gentleman isn't fat, he's portly

I call a spade a spade.

If it is the truth, then it can't be wrong, IMHO.

"With all words and phrases , its the way in which its said that causes offence. "
Yes your right .Can be used like a slick at times to beat People up the Fat word .

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"With all words and phrases , its the way in which its said that causes offence. Yes your right .Can be used like a slick at times to beat People up the Fat word ."
The same can be said for people referring to slim people as stick insects...so lets have some balance here

"With all words and phrases , its the way in which its said that causes offence. Yes your right .Can be used like a slick at times to beat People up the Fat word .The same can be said for people referring to slim people as stick insects...so lets have some balance here "
well you never see alot off running slim people down . Its strange really .

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"With all words and phrases , its the way in which its said that causes offence. Yes your right .Can be used like a slick at times to beat People up the Fat word .The same can be said for people referring to slim people as stick insects...so lets have some balance here well you never see alot off running slim people down . Its strange really . "
Yes you do, look at some profiles.....maybe not in the forums......but elsewhere you do

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"W Yes you do, look at some profiles.....maybe not in the forums......but elsewhere you do "

In the forums too ,I have seen being said that they would rather have larger than skinny stick insects or that slimmer women are not "real" women.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"W Yes you do, look at some profiles.....maybe not in the forums......but elsewhere you do

In the forums too ,I have seen being said that they would rather have larger than skinny stick insects or that slimmer women are not "real" women."

I havent seen one of those for a while, but i do recall the "real"women thread.

By *ixson-BallsMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

no....

but in future...who knows what word will be considered offensive next

By *uyuksno1Man  over a year ago

poole

im big fat large over weight what ever you want to call me im also a beautiful person with a nice soul a good sense of humour and im not easily offended my daughter is very thin and got picked on at school because of it she toughened up and dealt with it words are only offensive if used as weapons otherwise they are just words xx

"no....

but in future...who knows what word will be considered offensive next "

true who knows .. just some words get people s backs up and not just nasty words.

I'm not a slim guy but if someone is crass enough to actually call me 'fat' to my face then I usually respond with: "I can always lose weight, whereas you will ALWAYS be a wanker."

Seems to shut most people up.

Forum Mod

"W Yes you do, look at some profiles.....maybe not in the forums......but elsewhere you do

In the forums too ,I have seen being said that they would rather have larger than skinny stick insects or that slimmer women are not "real" women."

Ive seen it countless times on the forums too any size thread now bores the arse off me with the provocative comments about either size and the lets take the piss and sit back and wait for the fall out comments that people just can't help but become indignant about

grrrr now ive posted on one

"With all words and phrases , its the way in which its said that causes offence. Yes your right .Can be used like a slick at times to beat People up the Fat word .The same can be said for people referring to slim people as stick insects...so lets have some balance here well you never see alot off running slim people down . Its strange really . Yes you do, look at some profiles.....maybe not in the forums......but elsewhere you do "

Couldn't agree more, and there was a thread the other day where "slim" women were slated and it was said that they are all vain and can't stop looking in the mirror every 5 mins, whereas "fat" women don't and are therefore much "better".

When someone calls my cock fat I take it as a compliment

"With all words and phrases , its the way in which its said that causes offence. Yes your right .Can be used like a slick at times to beat People up the Fat word .The same can be said for people referring to slim people as stick insects...so lets have some balance here well you never see alot off running slim people down . Its strange really . Yes you do, look at some profiles.....maybe not in the forums......but elsewhere you do

Couldn't agree more, and there was a thread the other day where "slim" women were slated and it was said that they are all vain and can't stop looking in the mirror every 5 mins, whereas "fat" women don't and are therefore much "better".

"

yes one or two but not loads .

By *mm_n_ZedCouple  over a year ago

Fareham

"With all words and phrases , its the way in which its said that causes offence. Yes your right .Can be used like a slick at times to beat People up the Fat word .The same can be said for people referring to slim people as stick insects...so lets have some balance here well you never see alot off running slim people down . Its strange really . Yes you do, look at some profiles.....maybe not in the forums......but elsewhere you do

"

Yes but it's not usually big / large / bbw / fat (delete as required) women who make those comments. It's more commonly men who feel they need to insult one group of women in order to court favour with another. As a big woman myself, I HATE seeing comments like that as a) They're a load of tosh and b) I know there will be a lash back.

As for the word fat - it's a word found in a dictionary. That is all. But unfortunately, it's the negative adjectives (lazy, ugly etc) that are usually tagged on that give it horrible connotations. And that's why I personally don't like it - there is too much potential for using it to bring someone down. I don't think the word itself should be banned though.

» Add a new message to this topic