FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The Hundred

The Hundred

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Enjoy playing and watching most sports but always hated cricket. That was until I started going to the Hundred games this year and I've loved them! They've even got me into the other formats.

Wondered what other people's opinion on the Hundred are, especially if you're a cricket traditionalist

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ambozaMan  over a year ago

kilburn park

I’m a fan of all forms of the game... however test cricket is the best cricket.

Have attended a few hundred games and despite the many reservations really enjoyed the cricket and atmosphere.

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chesterfield

Something occasionally happens in 100. So that’s good.

After that 20:20 is not a form of torture but test cricket is like having bamboo under the fingernails.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Something occasionally happens in 100. So that’s good.

After that 20:20 is not a form of torture but test cricket is like having bamboo under the fingernails. "

Test cricket is wonderful my friend, but each to their own. I like all forms of the game, but Test is the purest for me. Not quite sure what gap the Hundred is filling, but I'm open and interested.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Something occasionally happens in 100. So that’s good.

After that 20:20 is not a form of torture but test cricket is like having bamboo under the fingernails. "

Haha yep test cricket still seems boring to me, maybe I'll warm to it one day

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I like watching cricket over all sport; especially in person on a warm summer's afternoon.

I know it can be boring for those who like the thrill of a tackle or goal, but the slow pace makes cricket relaxing for me.

I've not heard of the Hundred mind you. I'll have to Google, but I'd probably enjoy it.

Cricket can get very exciting though.

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

Not a huge fan of it to be honest. I think with the structure of the overs, it's too far removed from what cricket actually is and if they wanted to, they could just have the same franchise teams in T20s instead.

I get it's meant to bring a new audience in but feel as though it's like football having a professional 5-a-side tournament to get people into watching Premier League games.

By *orkswatcherMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

I've been watching it as it's been on, not sure the point of it when it's a few balls less than 20/20

Don't follow a team as a lancs fan in Yorkshire I suppose it should be Northern supercharger rather than Manchester

» Add a new message to this topic