FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > After life ... when people come back from the dead.

After life ... when people come back from the dead.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Been looking at one or two things on TV when people have died and come back to life .. some see this white light and family that passed over and friends .. one see people from other worlds as seen nothing like them before .. Its all weird i dont know what to think.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *gentprovocateurWoman  over a year ago

leeds

[Removed by poster at 03/09/12 13:33:07]

leeds

i think we come back with a task to fulfil if we didn't manage to achieve it the last time around!

By *uggers nemesisCouple  over a year ago

london

i believe ours is a holographic universe,that we are essentially in a very complex computer simulation,science is tending to agree with this theory now as it makes a lot of sense,is everyone reincarnated? no,the maths do not work for this,maybe some people do get another go for whatever reason but essentially we are living in a dream state xx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

as an atheist I believe die, box, decompose.

Any 'stay away from the light' moments are the brain getting starved of oxygen and creating dreams.

leeds

some are lucky enough to reach the light! but probably none of us lol

By *reedy_for_funCouple  over a year ago

My House

"as an atheist I believe die, box, decompose.

Any 'stay away from the light' moments are the brain getting starved of oxygen and creating dreams. "

By *bbandflowCouple  over a year ago

South Devon

"i believe ours is a holographic universe,that we are essentially in a very complex computer simulation,science is tending to agree with this theory now as it makes a lot of sense,is everyone reincarnated? no,the maths do not work for this,maybe some people do get another go for whatever reason but essentially we are living in a dream state xx"

Pepe Reina certainly is !!

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

people will say anything to either sell someone else a bit of hope or to allay the fear of death..

when folk are grieving others will parasite them for part of their wealth..

it can be a short lived thing so naturally that some will want to believe in an 'after life'..

we are a biological species, we die and for some their memory lives on, the good things they did etc with others..

the 'selling' of the dream of the after life has made a lot of people very rich, yet science has never been able to show it exists..

(which for a scientist would be very beneficial)

probably 'cos it does'nt..

just my opinion..

By *bbandflowCouple  over a year ago

South Devon

"people will say anything to either sell someone else a bit of hope or to allay the fear of death..

it can be a short lived thing so naturally that some will want to believe in an 'after life'..

we are a biological species, we die and for some their memory lives on, the good things they did etc with others..

the 'selling' of the dream of the after life has made a lot of people very rich, yet science has never been able to show it exists..

just my opinion..

"

in Lancashire

"i believe ours is a holographic universe,that we are essentially in a very complex computer simulation,science is tending to agree with this theory now as it makes a lot of sense,is everyone reincarnated? no,the maths do not work for this,maybe some people do get another go for whatever reason but essentially we are living in a dream state xx"

all science?

leeds

"people will say anything to either sell someone else a bit of hope or to allay the fear of death..

just my opinion..

thats the difference between proof and belief

"

in Lancashire

just my opinion..

"

true, respect others 'right etc' to have such belief systems and by and large a lot of good is carried out under the banner of said...

if thats what works for folks then fine, personally i think its bunkum..

leeds

just my opinion..

true, respect others 'right etc' to have such belief systems and by and large a lot of good is carried out under the banner of said...

if thats what works for folks then fine, personally i think its bunkum..

"

yes and a lot of harm is done when groups use religion as a tool for power and abuse. As long as personal belief of religion or sceptisism of beliefis not enforced on others i think it is good that topics can be disc ussed amicably with respect to the view point of others,

oh well i believe there is a after life i believe i will meet up with lots of people i knew before there life on here is cut short just cause scientists haven't manage to prove it doesn't mean they won't. i believe we r about five years away from being able to talk to dolphins so things that we believed were impossible 20 years ago are now possible. but i am not expecting anyone to agree with me but for me i think i like the idea of after life so will stick with my belief and if ignorant then happy to be so x

Kinda hope reincarnation is true - always figured there must be something in it - or maybe hoped ?

By *ayseanMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

Would be great if their was an afterlife of some sort(as long as its not a fiery 1!! Lol) but i don't think it is personally,but then im open minded enough to say its a possibility,shame we gotta die before we find out!!

"oh well i believe there is a after life i believe i will meet up with lots of people i knew before there life on here is cut short just cause scientists haven't manage to prove it doesn't mean they won't. i believe we r about five years away from being able to talk to dolphins so things that we believed were impossible 20 years ago are now possible. but i am not expecting anyone to agree with me but for me i think i like the idea of after life so will stick with my belief and if ignorant then happy to be so x"

I totally agree with that. Not long ago they believed the earth to be flat.

Just because they haven't proved something yet doesn't mean they never will.

I think logic dictates there are rational medical explanations for the symptoms people encounter during so-called near death experience…..

However the existence of life itself still defies scientific logical explanation.

So perhaps people who believe we exist in multiple plains of conscious are helping protect the ethos needed to preserve humanity by placing true value on the sanctity of life…

Not sure what I believe but the spooky goings on in my house must be coming from somewhere

In which papers?

I dont ask to ridicule but I think its unlikely (both in truth and science pointing that way). The hologram universe theory is imposible to disprove. Unfortunately its also imposible to prove as there are no testable hypothesis and so its not scientific theory its philosophy

Re afterlife. I do think people see a white light but that its the brain starting to shut down. I also think that peoples lives flash before their eyes and that our last moment streches to be esentialy infinite. This last moment is reflective and so how we reflect on our lives becomes, esentialy, a heaven or hell.....

I have no belief what so ever as someone said die box burn for me, where has Mrs liddy goes to spiritualist church and believes in the after life and talking to spirits, has for religion I sort of respect people who have such blind faith in a god which ever god it is, but its just not for me

london

yes the holographic priciple is the latest scientific theory that explains quantum mechanics,its an exciting discovery,think about our computer age,in a hundred years from now scientists will be able to create a holographic universe so it led them to believe that maybe thats what happened in the past

"yes the holographic priciple is the latest scientific theory that explains quantum mechanics,its an exciting discovery,think about our computer age,in a hundred years from now scientists will be able to create a holographic universe so it led them to believe that maybe thats what happened in the past"

Again, what paper? published by who?

Quantum mechanics doesnt need explaining and the discovery of the Higgs Bozon and the acompanying vindication of how matter works in both the quantum and Newtonian theories goes a long way towards unifying the theories

in Lancashire

"

yes and a lot of harm is done when groups use religion as a tool for power and abuse. As long as personal belief of religion or sceptisism of beliefis not enforced on others i think it is good that topics can be disc ussed amicably with respect to the view point of others,"

thats very true, allows all sorts of strange individuals to appoint themselves as the 'chosen one'..

the Albert Hall probably would be full of such like, if they held a 'convention'...

absolutely about respect..

Isn't that Higgs Boson?

And wasn't the holographic universe from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy?

Is someone taking the smeg or am I going mad?

london

quantum mechanics doesnt need explaining? then why have scientists spent so long trying to explain it and failing? einstein couldnt and didnt accept quantum theory but if he was alive today he would know he was wrong,ll modern technology comes from quantum theory even though scientists dont understand how or why it works

london

never read hitchikers guide to the galaxy but its easy to google holographic universe or the holographic principle

london

and in fact the higgs boson experiment went long way to validating the holographic principle

"

However the existence of life itself still defies scientific logical explanation.

"

No it doesn't. There are plenty out there.

Yeah but what happens to this understanding if one day we discover our universe is inside something much bigger and unexplainably complex…. Eh!

Hey it’s possible and nobody can disprove it!!!,,,,….

london

its worth remembering that for a lot of people on this earth theres no life before death let alone after

"

No it doesn't. There are plenty out there. "

Yes, but even uber-clever Sir Paul Nurse the Nobel Prize-winning cell biologist can't explian how it first came into being....

PS... he's an atheist btw...

"Yeah but what happens to this understanding if one day we discover our universe is inside something much bigger and unexplainably complex…. Eh!

"

Well in this universe it's well accepted that life was created by the chance combining of chemicals in the primordial stew of the planet.

Or if you're that way inclined, God said "And lo, for my next trick I shall create a single celled organism out of a washing up liquid bottle and sticky backed plastic. Shazam! Thank you, I'm here for eternity. Don't forget to tip your priests"

"Yeah but what happens to this understanding if one day we discover our universe is inside something much bigger and unexplainably complex…. Eh!

"

Hey but hang-on,,,,who knows.... perhaps one day we will discover our universe is actually inside something much smaller than itself....

OMG now thats really gonna fuck-things-up init!!

"Not sure what I believe but the spooky goings on in my house must be coming from somewhere "
Really ooo really ? whats going on there ?

london

"Not sure what I believe but the spooky goings on in my house must be coming from somewhere Really ooo really ? whats going on there ?"
well after looking at your pics i can certainly feel some ectoplasm forming

"Not sure what I believe but the spooky goings on in my house must be coming from somewhere Really ooo really ? whats going on there ?well after looking at your pics i can certainly feel some ectoplasm forming "
lol xxxx well i hope its not spooky .. xx

london

"Not sure what I believe but the spooky goings on in my house must be coming from somewhere Really ooo really ? whats going on there ?well after looking at your pics i can certainly feel some ectoplasm forming lol xxxx well i hope its not spooky .. xx"
ha ha lol xx

[Removed by poster at 03/09/12 16:01:41]

memories are attachment which can torture you.

forgive,forget when the time comes.lets them all burn away.

or you'll suffer in the next life.

"memories are attachment which can torture you.

or you'll suffer in the next life."

so you think theres a after life ? some of them storys you here make you think well thay do me x

leeds

"memories are attachment which can torture you.

or you'll suffer in the next life."

hello fellow budhist x

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I just think we rest in peace, as there's nothing after this, and our consciousness is just cell created, via the chemicals that make us up. I preempt death, when I have a nice long period of death, on a regular basis, as it's a while before I'm dead.

When you're dead you're dead, so live life to the full.

At the point of death,the body loses four grams in weight instantly,could this be our soul leaving the body.

" At the point of death,the body loses four grams in weight instantly,could this be our soul leaving the body."
I never new that ... oo we live a learn on the forums i do . xx

I believe in an afterlife... Coz I want to...;-)

However about 6 years ago I died, so Im told, twice in 5 minutes... No white lights... No out of body experiences, that I recall...;-)

"I believe in an afterlife... Coz I want to...;-)

However about 6 years ago I died, so Im told, twice in 5 minutes... No white lights... No out of body experiences, that I recall...;-)

"

wow xx thank god you come back xx I do find it all strange them TV shows .. some of there storys things thay see ..

By *ethany10Couple  over a year ago

falkirk

Yep exactly don't believe all this other hokum

By *ethany10Couple  over a year ago

falkirk

And you know this how?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"

Were you on stage at the time ?

"oh well i believe there is a after life i believe i will meet up with lots of people i knew before there life on here is cut short just cause scientists haven't manage to prove it doesn't mean they won't. i believe we r about five years away from being able to talk to dolphins so things that we believed were impossible 20 years ago are now possible. but i am not expecting anyone to agree with me but for me i think i like the idea of after life so will stick with my belief and if ignorant then happy to be so x"

By *weet DevilMan  over a year ago

dukinfield

i think we come back with a task to fulfil if we didn't manage to achieve it the last time around!

does that mean i come back and shag myleen klass sensless

"Been looking at one or two things on TV when people have died and come back to life .. some see this white light and family that passed over and friends .. one see people from other worlds as seen nothing like them before .. Its all weird i dont know what to think. "

The brain is an enormously powerful organ - it has more processing power than the super-fastest computer x 1,000,000

My take on it is this: In those last moments before brain activity ceases it tries to keep itself going by throwing out random thoughts based upon one's life experiences and/or beliefs, and as we live in a society that has been programmed to believe in Heaven/Angels/white light and eternal peace that's what our brain tried to conjure up when we're in the process of expiring.

In some instances modern medicine has enabled some people to be revived and what they remember as 'passing over' is the residue of brain activity just a few moments previous.

That's my theory on it, I don't wish to demean anyone else's beliefs so don't take it personally please.

"as an atheist I believe die, box, decompose.

Any 'stay away from the light' moments are the brain getting starved of oxygen and creating dreams. "

By *ighclassfunMan  over a year ago

Cheshire

"Been looking at one or two things on TV when people have died and come back to life .. some see this white light and family that passed over and friends .. one see people from other worlds as seen nothing like them before .. Its all weird i dont know what to think. "

I'm making the most of this life as no one can guarantee me there is another

Were you on stage at the time ?"

For all the times I died on stage... There was always one 'kin great light, and someone tellin me to move away from it...;-)

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"

I'm making the most of this life as no one can guarantee me there is another"

I am with you on that one

Cheshire

"

I'm making the most of this life as no one can guarantee me there is anotherI am with you on that one "

Think we might both be doing ok on the living this life front

people who come back from the dead are zombies,,dont let them bite you,,

King's Crustacean

The first time I died I couldn't believe it.

Next time I'm coming back as God.

Or was that last time ?

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Rushden

Talking to Dolphins? What has that to do with reincarnation? It is just learning a language!

At death we instantly lose 4 grams? How many people die on scales and 4 grams is too small to measure with anything other than a balance scale and weights.. Even water loss could account for that as some people defecate and urinate at death!

The life flashing before our eyes is generally in a traumatic situation, not an illness or natural death. It has been muted that it is the brain looking for a similar situation to see if there is a way out of it!

It there is an afterlife, where are all the many animals, insects, fish and birds? Why do we not see ghosts of the billions of animals that have passed on.. Dinosaur ghosts would be kinda cool and there were said to be millions, but not one report I can find of a ghost!

Pure bunkum! But if people feel the need to believe, good luck to them. If it makes them better able to cope with life and their impending death, it can only be a good thing!

"

I'm making the most of this life as no one can guarantee me there is anotherI am with you on that one

Think we might both be doing ok on the living this life front "

Well in absence of any guarantees ... it makes sense to assume there is no after life...

"

Love it!! Something similar to the Truman Show...

Cheshire

"

I'm making the most of this life as no one can guarantee me there is anotherI am with you on that one

Think we might both be doing ok on the living this life front Well in absence of any guarantees ... it makes sense to assume there is no after life..."

Lots of afters but no life then

"i think we come back with a task to fulfil if we didn't manage to achieve it the last time around!"

So the lesson there is - do the ironing and washing up before you get hit by a bus tomorrow!!

King's Crustacean

"Talking to Dolphins? What has that to do with reincarnation? It is just learning a language!

At death we instantly lose 4 grams? How many people die on scales and 4 grams is too small to measure with anything other than a balance scale and weights.. Even water loss could account for that as some people defecate and urinate at death!

The life flashing before our eyes is generally in a traumatic situation, not an illness or natural death. It has been muted that it is the brain looking for a similar situation to see if there is a way out of it!

It there is an afterlife, where are all the many animals, insects, fish and birds? Why do we not see ghosts of the billions of animals that have passed on.. Dinosaur ghosts would be kinda cool and there were said to be millions, but not one report I can find of a ghost!

Pure bunkum! But if people feel the need to believe, good luck to them. If it makes them better able to cope with life and their impending death, it can only be a good thing!"

You missed out the most important bit !

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Rushden

"You missed out the most important bit !"

I did? But my brain hurts already!

When you are dead aka no electrical activity in the brain stem or brain you are not coming back no matter how much some hope someone will.

[Removed by poster at 03/09/12 23:54:24]

I think the whole idea of an afterlife is a man made control mechanism and comfort mechanism.

Control - behave yourself and live your life in the rules and you'll be happy ever after in your afterlife.

Comfort - to help the bereaved with their loss and comfort the dying.

Sadly if you believe everything you read it's not always harmless. Suicide bombers are promised 72 virgins in their afterlife for killing people. (I don't believe the Quran says this, and some muslims have stated this is myth and nonsense). It maybe shows us how these ideas are born though.

I believe the real miracle is life itself, in my opinion life is the most amazing thing in the universe, the idea of an afterlife diminishes life itself. Live it to the full because when you're gone you're gone.

london

is it not true we are all made of atoms?is it not true that atoms cannot be created or destroyed? atoms have always been here and will always be here,when we die those atoms will take a different form and become something else,what really dies is memory,the memory of our existence,without this then eternity would become too much to bear for any of us,but what actually happens when we die is a mystery,anyone pretending to know the answer is a fool to himself,it is the ultimate mystery that can only be experienced when the time comes none of us can or will know the truth until the reality of death hits us

"is it not true we are all made of atoms?is it not true that atoms cannot be created or destroyed? atoms have always been here and will always be here,when we die those atoms will take a different form and become something else,what really dies is memory,the memory of our existence,without this then eternity would become too much to bear for any of us,but what actually happens when we die is a mystery,anyone pretending to know the answer is a fool to himself,it is the ultimate mystery that can only be experienced when the time comes none of us can or will know the truth until the reality of death hits us"

"I think the whole idea of an afterlife is a man made control mechanism and comfort mechanism.

Control - behave yourself and live your life in the rules and you'll be happy ever after in your afterlife.

Comfort - to help the bereaved with their loss and comfort the dying.

Sadly if you believe everything you read it's not always harmless. Suicide bombers are promised 72 virgins in their afterlife for killing people. (I don't believe the Quran says this, and some muslims have stated this is myth and nonsense). It maybe shows us how these ideas are born though.

I believe the real miracle is life itself, in my opinion life is the most amazing thing in the universe, the idea of an afterlife diminishes life itself. Live it to the full because when you're gone you're gone."

Could not have put that better myself

» Add a new message to this topic