FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Blair and Bush to appear in the Hague as war criminals

Blair and Bush to appear in the Hague as war criminals

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

That is that Desmond Tutu believes should happen. He believes that they lied about WMD's to justify invading Iraq.

What do you think? I have always been uncomfortable with the reasons we went in, but believe Saddam needed removing

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

heres me thinking this is a swingers site.......??

"heres me thinking this is a swingers site.......??"

And you would be correct...;-);-)

I would like to see this happen, because there are questions which have been asked which have never been properly answered IMHO.

Perhaps the Hague would be a setting to achieve full responses, which may also serve to better advise future world leaders.

And this part of the forum is called The Lounge, so what was your point again? Because i'm missing it.

Thought u ment william hague when I first read it lol.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"heres me thinking this is a swingers site.......??

And this part of the forum is called The Lounge, so what was your point again? Because i'm missing it."

I'm missing it too!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

And this part of the forum is called The Lounge, so what was your point again? Because i'm missing it.

I'm missing it too! "

The point is we should all be talking about shoving cocks up fannies (or arses), we can't have proper, intelligent conversation or debate. We must be horny 24/7

Didn't you read the T's & C's when you signedup???

Political threads like this will always appear in the Lounge, someone else would have started one similar to this sooner or later.

I just stay out of them.

Having fought there and seeing the state of the population, speaking to people who had been tortured for no apparent reason and the general abuse of power Saddam exercised over the people I think we needed to do something. There was evidence that he was looking to acquire WMD's and he had used gas on the Kurdish population, but nothing to show he actually had anything of major destructive power.

I do, however, feel we were lied to with regards to the invasion. I'd have been happy if we were told the truth, that he was a power crazed dictator that was torturing civilians. That for me would have been enough to warrant kicking his arse!

Much as I dislike Blair and Bush they were both elected by the people to make informed decision which they believed would be in the best interest of the people that entrusted them with leadership,,,

It would be difficult for any war crimes trial of Blair and Bush would establish individual guilt….!.

But even though I'd love to see it happen.... I can't see how it would help establish a New World order, in-fact I believe if they were found guilty, there would be greater mistrust and further conflicts emerged as a consequence….

"That is that Desmond Tutu believes should happen. He believes that they lied about WMD's to justify invading Iraq.

What do you think? I have always been uncomfortable with the reasons we went in, but believe Saddam needed removing "

I believe the thread title is manipulitive. Also Desmond Tutu believes in an enity that in thousands of years nobody has proved exists which says that fucker Tutu has no credibility go me.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

I'm missing it too!

The point is we should all be talking about shoving cocks up fannies (or arses), we can't have proper, intelligent conversation or debate. We must be horny 24/7

Didn't you read the T's & C's when you signedup??? "

No! Too eager to get to shoving things up arses bit.

OP, I doubt they'll be called to account. I also don't think it's down to other countries to remove heads of states. Would we accept France invading Britain to remove Cameron?

By *illycarrolCouple  over a year ago

n/cle on tyne

"

Much as I dislike Blair and Bush they were both elected by the people to make informed decision which they believed would be in the best interest of the people that entrusted them with leadership,,,

It would be difficult for any war crimes trial of Blair and Bush would establish individual guilt….!.

But even though I'd love to see it happen.... I can't see how it would help establish a New World order, in-fact I believe if they were found guilty, there would be greater mistrust and further conflicts emerged as a consequence….

bang on soxy it would cause more conflict than any solution made plus nothing can be gained just look at the war mongering going on now

"

It constantly baffles me there are people who genuinely believe international/religious conflicts can be fought or resolved with 100% honesty and integrity from both sides….!.

"Having fought there and seeing the state of the population, speaking to people who had been tortured for no apparent reason and the general abuse of power Saddam exercised over the people I think we needed to do something. There was evidence that he was looking to acquire WMD's and he had used gas on the Kurdish population, but nothing to show he actually had anything of major destructive power.

I do, however, feel we were lied to with regards to the invasion. I'd have been happy if we were told the truth, that he was a power crazed dictator that was torturing civilians. That for me would have been enough to warrant kicking his arse!"

* cReEpS rOunD cRyPt * -l-

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

People who take their guidance from a supernatural power that no-one even knows if it exists or not has gotta be a bit suspect in the first place . . . Bush, Blair, Tutu . . .all saying their God made them to do it . . . Hmmmmmmmmm

"Political threads like this will always appear in the Lounge, someone else would have started one similar to this sooner or later.

I just stay out of them. "

Or not...

"ng I believe the thread title is manipulitive. Also Desmond Tutu believes in an enity that in thousands of years nobody has proved exists which says that fucker Tutu has no credibility go me. "

I profoundly disagree.

Desmond Tutu has lived through, and fought, regimes that would have you, my friend, shitting your pants.

His religious beliefs are irrelevant in this context and before you abuse his name as you did you should maybe, just maybe, take a look at what he has achieved for thousands of others in his life?

I suspect it is a damn sight more than you have, or ever will have, achieved.

IMHO.

" OP, I doubt they'll be called to account. I also don't think it's down to other countries to remove heads of states. Would we accept France invading Britain to remove Cameron?"

"IF" Cameron were to start ethnic cleansing in this country... Would we not accept external assistance to put an end to it?

I dont believe these two leaders would be found guilty, but I feel that they have questions to respond to with greater clarity, which perhaps the Hague could demand.

"

No! Too eager to get to shoving things up arses bit.

"

pmsl!

"Having fought there and seeing the state of the population, speaking to people who had been tortured for no apparent reason and the general abuse of power Saddam exercised over the people I think we needed to do something. There was evidence that he was looking to acquire WMD's and he had used gas on the Kurdish population, but nothing to show he actually had anything of major destructive power.

I do, however, feel we were lied to with regards to the invasion. I'd have been happy if we were told the truth, that he was a power crazed dictator that was torturing civilians. That for me would have been enough to warrant kicking his arse!"

First off great respect to you sir for what you and your friends do for our country.

Emotionally I have to agree that Saddam was a vicious thug who murdered thousands of his own people and brought war to his neighbours.

Regime change is, however, illegal under the Untied Nations Charter regardless of how right minded people believe people like Saddam, Mugabe and others need to be removed.

The British people were lied to about Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) and it was always a mystery to me that while a country like the UK couldn't launch a WMD at Iraq in 45 minutes Saddam apparently could do the reverse!

The International Court isn't the right place for this. Blair should be Impeached by the British Parliament for misleading it and the British people and therefore taking us into an illegal war. The consequences of THAT would be a compensation tsunami of course ....

"ng I believe the thread title is manipulitive. Also Desmond Tutu believes in an enity that in thousands of years nobody has proved exists which says that fucker Tutu has no credibility go me.

I profoundly disagree.

Desmond Tutu has lived through, and fought, regimes that would have you, my friend, shitting your pants.

His religious beliefs are irrelevant in this context and before you abuse his name as you did you should maybe, just maybe, take a look at what he has achieved for thousands of others in his life?

IMHO."

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Emotionally I have to agree that Saddam was a vicious thug who murdered thousands of his own people and brought war to his neighbours.

Regime change is, however, illegal under the Untied Nations Charter regardless of how right minded people believe people like Saddam, Mugabe and others need to be removed.

The British people were lied to about Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) and it was always a mystery to me that while a country like the UK couldn't launch a WMD at Iraq in 45 minutes Saddam apparently could do the reverse!

The International Court isn't the right place for this. Blair should be Impeached by the British Parliament for misleading it and the British people and therefore taking us into an illegal war. The consequences of THAT would be a compensation tsunami of course ...."

I agree Charlie.

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

"That is that Desmond Tutu believes should happen. He believes that they lied about WMD's to justify invading Iraq.

What do you think? I have always been uncomfortable with the reasons we went in, but believe Saddam needed removing "

I think when he ordered the killing of his own people, the kurds (using a WMD), he needed taking out like a rotten tooth.

Then when he tried to annex all the oil in kuwait he was always on borrowed time. Good riddance I say ,it was only the UN agreement that stopped them doing him, in the first gulf war as Iran would of exploited the destruction of the republican guard.

I dont lose any sleep over his fate and think it was the right thing to do in the long run .

What do you think? I have always been uncomfortable with the reasons we went in, but believe Saddam needed removing

I think when he ordered the killing of his own people, the kurds (using a WMD), he needed taking out like a rotten tooth.

Then when he tried to annex all the oil in kuwait he was always on borrowed time. Good riddance I say ,it was only the UN agreement that stopped them doing him, in the first gulf war as Iran would of exploited the destruction of the republican guard.

I dont lose any sleep over his fate and think it was the right thing to do in the long run . "

By *onnoisseur100Man  over a year ago

Woking-ish

I agree with tutu, the evidence is the so called dodgy dossier. If you remove all the conditional parts of any statement you always get a different statement. For example; Maybe Saddam has WMD remove 'maybe' and you have a positive statement.

However, I think the idiot George W's dad should have completed the job first time round, after Kuwait.

By *am sampsonMan  over a year ago

cwmbran

title is a tad misleading and far from the truth

We supported Iraq when we didn't like Iran, we supported the Mujahadeen when we didn't like the USSR in Afghanistan. Situations change and who we support changes with it, and as far as Saddam was concerned - he had to go because he brought instability to a part of the world that controlled 1/4 of the world's known oil supplies. If he'd remained in power the recession we've had these past few years would have seemed like a picnic in comparison to what Saddam couldn't have inflicted on the world markets if he'd had a mind to ramp uo the price of crude, or cut the supply completely.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"title is a tad misleading and far from the truth"

It got us reading and responding, though.

I believe there are questions to answer but I also believe that no one will give the answers anyone will be happy to hear.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"ng I believe the thread title is manipulitive. Also Desmond Tutu believes in an enity that in thousands of years nobody has proved exists which says that fucker Tutu has no credibility go me.

I profoundly disagree.

IMHO."

tend to agree with that..

regardless of his choice of faith etc he is an inspirational man..

he spent years fighting a vile regime and that takes courage..

('kin ell agreeing with Charlie, lol)

as for the chance of blair n bush in the Hague, wont ever happen..

firmy believe the 1st gulf war was illegal and we were lied to..

was glad to attend the stop the war march, walked alongside a Burma veteran and his daughter..

"It constantly baffles me there are people who genuinely believe international/religious conflicts can be fought or resolved with 100% honesty and integrity from both sides….!.

"

+1

"It constantly baffles me there are people who genuinely believe international/religious conflicts can be fought or resolved with 100% honesty and integrity from both sides….!.

+1

"

+2

What do you think? I have always been uncomfortable with the reasons we went in, but believe Saddam needed removing I believe the thread title is manipulitive. Also Desmond Tutu believes in an enity that in thousands of years nobody has proved exists which says that fucker Tutu has no credibility go me. "

Bush and Blair are both deeply religious too, does that mean they lack credibility as well.... kinda shoots holes in that statement.

The one going Tutu possesses that the other 2 don't, is honesty and integrity.

"We supported Iraq when we didn't like Iran, we supported the Mujahadeen when we didn't like the USSR in Afghanistan. Situations change and who we support changes with it, and as far as Saddam was concerned - he had to go because he brought instability to a part of the world that controlled 1/4 of the world's known oil supplies. If he'd remained in power the recession we've had these past few years would have seemed like a picnic in comparison to what Saddam couldn't have inflicted on the world markets if he'd had a mind to ramp uo the price of crude, or cut the supply completely."

And there lies the dilemma. There are so many reasons Saddam had to go, but the way it was manipulated for us to go to war kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It makes me wonder if it would have been better for the CIA to take him out and hope the Iraqi people rose up to take power back themselves.

"And there lies the dilemma. There are so many reasons Saddam had to go, but the way it was manipulated for us to go to war kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It makes me wonder if it would have been better for the CIA to take him out and hope the Iraqi people rose up to take power back themselves."

I'm not saying your wrong, But I am just curious to know...

Are you saying the CIA should have publicly taken him out…… ?

Or are you advocating secret assassinations where widespread suspicion of culpability might result in situations where innocent parties risk being harmed in attempted revenge attacks by his suppoters

Because both options seem like great way’s to start yet another war!!!!

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

Aquire?

What do you think they used in the war with Iran.... toffee apples and candy floss?

And he did indeed wipe out an entire village, men, women, kids, with some form of nerve agent gas..... not a nice way to go, speaking as one who has seen photos taken in the immediate aftermath.

As for the threat of him using them if we invaded again, he knew the entire world would want his head on a plate if he did, he just thought the threat would be enough to keep us out.

So, where did it all go?

Simple.... Syria, who have recently threatened to use it if any outside agency (another country) goes in to stop them killing their own civilians.

Me... I think they (the Syrian Army) may use it on the rebels if they think they are losing.... then we really have a problem, because on the one hand we have a regime that clearly has crossed the line and needs to be stopped, but on the other hand they have also started using that shit... and once it starts, there is no going back for them, so how do you stop a regime like that?

"I think when he ordered the killing of his own people, the kurds (using a WMD), he needed taking out like a rotten tooth.

I dont lose any sleep over his fate and think it was the right thing to do in the long run . "

As I said emotionally I agree with you. However from a legal aspect I cannot sadly.

If you are saying the end justifies the means then you are on a slippery slope. It may be alright when the outcome is what you like. But what if it isn't? For example does the 'Means' of Israeli occupation and treatment of Palestinians justify the 'End' of Israeli security? I think not. And neither does the UN. You have to have International Law and Order and sometimes (very sadly) the Mugabes and Saddams of this world get away with it. What other alternative is there?

I do, however, feel we were lied to with regards to the invasion. I'd have been happy if we were told the truth, that he was a power crazed dictator that was torturing civilians. That for me would have been enough to warrant kicking his arse!

Aquire?

What do you think they used in the war with Iran.... toffee apples and candy floss?

And he did indeed wipe out an entire village, men, women, kids, with some form of nerve agent gas..... not a nice way to go, speaking as one who has seen photos taken in the immediate aftermath.

As for the threat of him using them if we invaded again, he knew the entire world would want his head on a plate if he did, he just thought the threat would be enough to keep us out.

So, where did it all go?

Simple.... Syria, who have recently threatened to use it if any outside agency (another country) goes in to stop them killing their own civilians.

Me... I think they (the Syrian Army) may use it on the rebels if they think they are losing.... then we really have a problem, because on the one hand we have a regime that clearly has crossed the line and needs to be stopped, but on the other hand they have also started using that shit... and once it starts, there is no going back for them, so how do you stop a regime like that?"

He used conventional weapons during the Iran-Iraq war, not WMD's (guns, artillery, bombs, pointed sticks etc). And I know he used gas on the Kurds and there was the constant threat he'duse it on us (i looked adorable in my chemical warfare suit).

Syria was a possible location for his chemical/biological weapon stockpiles, we'll probably never know.

Personally, I'm proud to have played a part in removing the piece of shit.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

Aquire?

So, where did it all go?

Me... I think they (the Syrian Army) may use it on the rebels if they think they are losing.... then we really have a problem, because on the one hand we have a regime that clearly has crossed the line and needs to be stopped, but on the other hand they have also started using that shit... and once it starts, there is no going back for them, so how do you stop a regime like that?

He used conventional weapons during the Iran-Iraq war, not WMD's (guns, artillery, bombs, pointed sticks etc). And I know he used gas on the Kurds and there was the constant threat he'duse it on us (i looked adorable in my chemical warfare suit).

Syria was a possible location for his chemical/biological weapon stockpiles, we'll probably never know.

Personally, I'm proud to have played a part in removing the piece of shit. "

Nope.

FACT - they both used chemical weapons during the Iran-Iraq war, they just didnt go shit-wild with what they had.

If you need confirmation, just check with the guys at Winterbourne Gunner, the Armys CBRN training establishment.

fascinating....

I profoundly disagree.

IMHO."

Shitting my pants halfpint? Well as you must be the all seeing all knowing god Tutu believes in as you have as much idea as a donkeys arse to an elbow what would have me shitting my pants but i would hazard a guess its something that you might talk out of.

So lets look at the reality, if you are unfamiliar with it then its what real people live in.

Tutu is casting doubt on weapons of mass destruction which have been unproven to exist or not. Tuto believes in a being which has as of yet been unproven to exist! Hmmm some similarities here even for the dimmest light bulb.

So dingle berry I aint your friend, you may be the chap I tip a quid to was my car but thats the nearest you would get to me and as for achievements well come live in my world, live a week in it and you wouldn't last 5 mins but being the all seeing all mighty you must be to predict my dedication routine you would know that there and again you might be better applying a second coat of wax to the bonnet.

What do you think? I have always been uncomfortable with the reasons we went in, but believe Saddam needed removing I believe the thread title is manipulitive. Also Desmond Tutu believes in an enity that in thousands of years nobody has proved exists which says that fucker Tutu has no credibility go me.

Bush and Blair are both deeply religious too, does that mean they lack credibility as well.... kinda shoots holes in that statement.

The one going Tutu possesses that the other 2 don't, is honesty and integrity. "

All three lack credibility but as you are missing the oxymoron element in the initial statement its a little pointless discussing it. But maybe give a little thought to the fact Tutu will not believe that the weapons existed without physical proof yet preaches people would have belief in a higher entity even though there is no physical proof in existence.

Having spent over 10 years working in the energy business in the harshest environments known to man maybe I should have belief in.....WMD's

[Removed by poster at 02/09/12 23:18:04]

" Shitting my pants halfpint? Well as you must be the all seeing all knowing god Tutu believes in as you have as much idea as a donkeys arse to an elbow what would have me shitting my pants but i would hazard a guess its something that you might talk out of.

So lets look at the reality, if you are unfamiliar with it then its what real people live in.

Tutu is casting doubt on weapons of mass destruction which have been unproven to exist or not. Tuto believes in a being which has as of yet been unproven to exist! Hmmm some similarities here even for the dimmest light bulb.

So dingle berry I aint your friend, you may be the chap I tip a quid to was my car but thats the nearest you would get to me and as for achievements well come live in my world, live a week in it and you wouldn't last 5 mins but being the all seeing all mighty you must be to predict my dedication routine you would know that there and again you might be better applying a second coat of wax to the bonnet. "

I fear you have proved my point.

But I am glad that abuse is still the refuge of the witless.

[Removed by poster at 02/09/12 23:21:22]

I profoundly disagree.

IMHO.

Shitting my pants halfpint? Well as you must be the all seeing all knowing god Tutu believes in as you have as much idea as a donkeys arse to an elbow what would have me shitting my pants but i would hazard a guess its something that you might talk out of.

So dingle berry I aint your friend, you may be the chap I tip a quid to was my car but thats the nearest you would get to me and as for achievements well come live in my world, live a week in it and you wouldn't last 5 mins but being the all seeing all mighty you must be to predict my dedication routine you would know that there and again you might be better applying a second coat of wax to the bonnet.

But I am gald that abuse is still the refuge of the witless. "

Prey what is gald?

Proving your point well I don't think you really have a clue apart from an opinion that is neither honest, relevant or has any intellectual substance. I do find it amusing though you badge yourself as witless for your abusive "pant shitting" comment though and would say that is the only point you got factually correct.

I love the forum posts that say this is a swinging site therefore you cant post on anything else except snog shag or fucking avoid!

"Prey what is gald?

"

Not a clue. But I am sure you will have something of no importance to say about it.

"I love the forum posts that say this is a swinging site therefore you cant post on anything else except snog shag or fucking avoid!"

And the forth F rhyming with hat

[Removed by poster at 02/09/12 23:37:59]

"Prey what is gald?

Not a clue. But I am sure you will have something of no importance to say about it. "

No I am sorry that was totally unkind of me.

It was a typo. A mistake. A fault in my performance. An inexcusable error. Something you apparently never do ...

But which was corrected (if you had really really paid attention...)

By *lackMetalMan  over a year ago

Centre

" Shitting my pants halfpint? Well as you must be the all seeing all knowing god Tutu believes in as you have as much idea as a donkeys arse to an elbow what would have me shitting my pants but i would hazard a guess its something that you might talk out of.

But I am glad that abuse is still the refuge of the witless. "

....and the ignorant!

The guy had gas, the guy had missiles and his mental stability was in question.

I have to agree with others though the title of this thread is misleading at best and manipulative at worst. As for Desmond Tutu well I wouldn't call him an authority on the subject just another armchair pontificator lacking full facts as we all do.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Can people with the personal issues take them away from the forum please and let the people who want to debate without being rude do so in peace.

All this fuss about a guy who has a girl's fluffy frock for a name.

"All this fuss about a guy who has a girl's fluffy frock for a name. "

desmond ?

"All this fuss about a guy who has a girl's fluffy frock for a name.

desmond ? "

I know. His parents musta really hated him.

He must have some credibility as a '2:2 Degree' has been called a 'Desmond' for some years by graduates

» Add a new message to this topic